Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,681 members, 7,809,582 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:38 AM

Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! - Career (35) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! (335895 Views)

Nurses Forum: Let's Meet Here / Medical Doctors In Residency Programmes In Nigeria / More Than 5000 Nigeria-trained Medical Doctors Practise In Us’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (67) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by rugged7(m): 1:22am On Mar 03, 2016
If i recall properly...
I just had a look at the requirements again.
You might be in some luck

Check out:Read it very well...There should be a few loopholes
http://www.gmc-uk.org/doctors/registration_applications/24986.asp

Either you write the IELTS sharply now now submit. The reading part is the most difficult to get 7 in my assessment. If u focus u can pass it 7 and above.

OR

According to GMC:

An offer of employment from a UK healthcare organisation where we receive:

a copy of the offer in writing (please send this to us first and then we will contact your employer to obtain the additional evidence below)

I might be able to refer you to a UK health organisation who can employ you and might be able to help english language stuff. I think this is a recent development with GMC cos i've never seen that quote there previously.

There are some agencies who will employ you and do their own in house comprehensive english test for you.

I'll be frank, i have not talked to them about this english language issue b4 but they are seriously headhunting for doctors around the world. So they might be able to guide you better.

If your interested let me know here or via my twitter address- Idi Amin

Good luck

Olitz:

Hi rugged7.
I really like the way u took time to explain somethings. I'm in a bit of a dilemma. I just passed my plab 2 after 2 attempts and my ielts is over 2 years. The requirement for gmc is 2yrs. Is there any way I can go about this, I'm really scared.

1 Like

Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by Olitz: 5:37am On Mar 03, 2016
rugged7:
If i recall properly...
I just had a look at the requirements again.
You might be in some luck

Check out:Read it very well...There should be a few loopholes
http://www.gmc-uk.org/doctors/registration_applications/24986.asp

Either you write the IELTS sharply now now submit. The reading part is the most difficult to get 7 in my assessment. If u focus u can pass it 7 and above.

OR

According to GMC:

An offer of employment from a UK healthcare organisation where we receive:

a copy of the offer in writing (please send this to us first and then we will contact your employer to obtain the additional evidence below)

I might be able to refer you to a UK health organisation who can employ you and might be able to help english language stuff. I think this is a recent development with GMC cos i've never seen that quote there previously.

There are some agencies who will employ you and do their own in house comprehensive english test for you.

I'll be frank, i have not talked to them about this english language issue b4 but they are seriously headhunting for doctors around the world. So they might be able to guide you better.

If your interested let me know here or via my twitter address- Idi Amin

Good luck

Thanks again for the quick response. I'm very interested in any help i can get. Thanks once again.
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by veleta: 5:01pm On Mar 03, 2016
@Olitz,a friend of mine who has passed plab2 and has even signed contract for job in UK told me that he was informed that his Ielts must be valid as at the time of resuming work in UK unfortunately,that was after he had written ukvi Ielts for tier 2 visa and he had 6.5 in one of the modules,he would be writing another Ielts this month.
In my opinion,many people have issues with writing module not because they are not good but this BC are biased.
I had an ugly experience with them,I prepared very well for Ielts and had the ff scores:L8.5S8R7W6.5.I queried my writing score so,I applied for remark but meanwhile I took ukvi Ielts and had the ff scores:L8.5S7R7.5W7.After 8 weeks,I got my remark and writing was upgraded to 7.
@ rugged man,keep up the good work
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by Olitz: 10:05pm On Mar 05, 2016
@rugged7 Hi, I spoke with a friend who is a GP in the UK and he advised me to call GMC and explain to them. I did and they were quite helpful. They said all I need is to get a reference letter from my employer that I've worked for the past two years in a country whose first language is English. Really appreciate @rugged7.

1 Like

Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by rugged7(m): 10:30pm On Mar 05, 2016
ok good
Olitz:
@rugged7 Hi, I spoke with a friend who is a GP in the UK and he advised me to call GMC and explain to them. I did and they were quite helpful. They said all I need is to get a reference letter from my employer that I've worked for the past two years in a country whose first language is English. Really appreciate @rugged7.
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by Centyellow(m): 11:57am On Mar 07, 2016
Hi, how do I meet, date and marry a Medical Doctor in Austin Texas who is a citizen. Pls help me out. I want a collection of them so that I can select one of them . Reply to my email; centyellow@yahoo.ca, because i don't understand this forum yet
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by afrodoc2: 5:27pm On Mar 08, 2016
Centyellow:
Hi, how do I meet, date and marry a Medical Doctor in Austin Texas who is a citizen. Pls help me out. I want a collection of them so that I can select one of them . Reply to my email; centyellow@yahoo.ca, because i don't understand this forum yet

The best bet is for you to print out what you just typed on leaflets and go round all the hospitals in Austin handing them out.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by SaiBuharii: 12:11am On Mar 09, 2016
afrodoc2:

The best bet is for you to print out what you just typed on leaflets and go round all the hospitals in Austin handing them out.

Lmaooooooo

3 Likes

Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by OrthoDude: 8:58pm On Mar 09, 2016
Hi fellas, this forum too gbaski. Hats off to you guys.
I wanna make some enquiries. I am currently a surgical resident in one of our Nigerian institutions, but I've had it up to here with the shit in the health sector and Nigeria as a whole. So I have decided to do the unthinkable, to leave residency in Nigeria and pursue my true dream, to do residency in Pathology in the USofA.
To achieve this I need a job that's paying well enough for basic life support and to pay the USMLE bills. I am strongly inclined towards the middle east, Saudi or any other that meets my requirements.
Can someone kindly share information on how to achieve this? i.e. Saudi jobs, UAE jobs etc
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by jubrils(m): 6:36am On Mar 10, 2016
OrthoDude:
I wanna make some enquiries. I am currently a surgical resident in one of our Nigerian institutions, but I've had it up to here with the shit in the health sector and Nigeria as a whole. So I have decided to do the unthinkable, to leave residency in Nigeria and pursue my true dream, to do residency in Pathology in the USofA.
To achieve this I need a job that's paying well enough for basic life support and to pay the USMLE bills. I am strongly inclined towards the middle east, Saudi or any other that meets my requirements.
Can someone kindly share information on how to achieve this? i.e. Saudi jobs, UAE jobs etc
Thanks
https://mobile.facebook.com/onyva.concepts
Follow that link. The guy is an agent that gets involved with such things as you requested. By the way, there is an interview coming up soon this March for fresh recruitments so the earlier the better. You will get his whatsapp number and bbm on from his page.
I was also planning to go for the interview before but no money to even process passport. Imagine. No salary for 9 months. Anyway, struggle continues.
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by blobuzz(m): 9:05am On Mar 10, 2016
I need someone to please give me some advise on MRCOG part 1.. I have O&G primaries but no residency slot yet. What are the requirements 4mrcog registration?, pass rate, materials needed. Thanks
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by blobuzz(m): 9:32am On Mar 10, 2016
Do I need to write IELTS too
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by RedCapChief(m): 11:15am On Mar 10, 2016
jubrils:

Follow that link. The guy is an agent that gets involved with such things as you requested. By the way, there is an interview coming up soon this March for fresh recruitments so the earlier the better. You will get his whatsapp number and bbm on from his page.
I was also planning to go for the interview before but no money to even process passport. Imagine. No salary for 9 months. Anyway, struggle continues.
9 months!!! What is this country turning to? My colleagues who have some funds are leaving this country for better shores. . . but even trying to migrate is not cheap. All na money!
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by jubrils(m): 2:57pm On Mar 10, 2016
RedCapChief:

9 months!!! What is this country turning to? My colleagues who have some funds are leaving this country for better shores. . . but even trying to migrate is not cheap. All na money!

Exactly. In fact I'm presently thinking of relocating to the north. It's easier to get work there and will probably start saving for some of these foreign exams.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by OrthoDude: 4:42pm On Mar 10, 2016
jubrils:

Thanks a lot brother. I think you should follow your plan o. Leave this country man, there's so much we can do out there, even with our degree alone! Go for it bro!

1 Like

Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by HallmarksAgency: 5:41pm On Mar 11, 2016
STUDY IN THE PHILIPPINES
ADMISSION IS CURRENTLY ONGOING NOW INTO ANY PROGRAM OF CHOICE IN THE PHILIPPINES FOR THE JUNE/JULY 2016 ACADEMIC SESSION INTO QUALITY & AFFORDABLE SCHOOLS IN THE PHILIPPINES.

UNDERGRADUATE, MASTERS or PhD.

MARITIME STUDIES (Marine Engineering & Marine transportation)
MEDICINE
SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY
ARTS
EDUCATION
HUMANITIES

Admission is on now for the June/July 2016 Academic session into QUALITY and AFFORDABLE SCHOOLS in the PHILIPPINES.
Kindly contact us today through these numbers, call, message or WhatsApp +639063785826, +639064012991. Email us @: hallmarksagency@gmail.com Facebook: Hallmarks Educational Agency

No JAMB or APTITUDE TEST NEEDED.
Your DIPLOMA or ASSOCIATE DEGREE or OND/HND DEGREE IS ALSO ACCEPTED AND EVALUATED TO GIVE YOU LESSER YEARS IN YOUR COURSE OF CHOICE.
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by thesicilian: 8:27pm On Mar 11, 2016
I have been going through this forum since morning and I must confess, it's wonderful. Kudos to everyone in the house supplying such selfless information.
The recurring destination for Nigerian doctors wanting to leave the country seems to be either UK or US.

I am 4yrs post NYSC & planning to go for a Radiology residency in any world class teaching hospital abroad but with the Nigerian situation, surviving on a daily basis is such a uphill task not to talk of saving money for overseas residency.

My question is, how does one get a job in places like T&T, Grenada, South Africa? What are the requirements and pay?
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by Nobody: 8:38pm On Mar 11, 2016
Hi Doc, Pls take a look at this link, i hope it helps. https://www.rcog.org.uk/en/careers-training/mrcog-exams/part-1-mrcog/regulations/
blobuzz:
I need someone to please give me some advise on MRCOG part 1.. I have O&G primaries but no residency slot yet. What are the requirements 4mrcog registration?, pass rate, materials needed. Thanks
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by Nobody: 8:40pm On Mar 11, 2016
https://www.rcog.org.uk/en/careers-training/mrcog-exams/part-1-mrcog/faqs/
blobuzz:
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by Centyellow(m): 5:59am On Mar 12, 2016
Afrodoc do u live in Austin so that we can meet
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by blobuzz(m): 7:04am On Mar 12, 2016
Is there anyone with a doct copy of Tim chard or chamberlain textbook for mrcog?... Pls help a brother blobuzz@yahoo.com
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by blobuzz(m): 7:05am On Mar 12, 2016
*soft copy*

1 Like

Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by leo1234(m): 8:03am On Mar 12, 2016
OrthoDude:
Thanks

This your comment got me thinking.
I have been busy attending interviews for 2 years looking for residency placement in surgery.
Is residency training that bad that saudi job is a better option? please which institution are you in?
This is an eye opener for all of us.
I weep for my country!
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by Osamuyilinc(m): 5:23pm On Mar 12, 2016
Good day everyone. I'm a final year medical student of Uniben. I'm considering taking the PLAB exams. I've browsed through the the GMC website but still not clear about the process of registration, the total amount of money it will cost to register and write the exams and the materials I need to read. I know USMLE got a lot of videos and books to aid and guide your preparation. So I will really appreciate if anyone can clarify me on these areas.
Thanks
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by nedum360: 5:44pm On Mar 12, 2016
Be careful before u throwaway what you've for what u dunno about. Getting opportunity for residency is a highly privileged position no matter aw messed up the system. PG training is the high point of any doctors career. N mind u residency is very hard to get in any part of the world. Believe me, leaving ur training post for a slavish GP job in a remote Arab country that has no respect for foreigners isn't what u wanna do. Look well b4 u leap into a ditch. If I were in ur shoes, my aim would be to complete my training. Possibly complete some foreign exams during the training and apply for juicy posts in a western country. Going to the middle east might be a good prospect for a GP earning less than 200k in naija. Not for sb in your position.

OrthoDude:
Thanks

3 Likes

Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by jubrils(m): 9:49am On Mar 13, 2016
nedum360:
Be careful before u throwaway what you've for what u dunno about. Getting opportunity for residency is a highly privileged position no matter aw messed up the system. PG training is the high point of any doctors career. N mind u residency is very hard to get in any part of the world. Believe me, leaving ur training post for a slavish GP job in a remote Arab country that has no respect for foreigners isn't what u wanna do. Look well b4 u leap into a ditch. If I were in ur shoes, my aim would be to complete my training. Possibly complete some foreign exams during the training and apply for juicy posts in a western country. Going to the middle east might be a good prospect for a GP earning less than 200k in naija. Not for sb in your position.

You just hit the nail on the head. I wanted to add this to my comments earlier but got distracted. Personally, I believe if you are going out before becoming a consultant, don't go to the middle east. This is because the pay is slightly above what you will get in some Northern federal hospitals coupled with the fact that it's a dead end job. The fact that he has been exposed to surgical training might even make it worse because he might find the work there too routine and boring. Yes I know Nigeria hospitals are in shambles but still residents are still a bit lucky, so the opportunity shouldn't be thrown away. Manage to finish while trying your best to prepare for/write some international exams and you can then decide if to move out or continue management in the country.

1 Like

Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by Waliyllahi(m): 6:09pm On Mar 16, 2016
Osamuyilinc:
Good day everyone. I'm a final year medical student of Uniben. I'm considering taking the PLAB exams. I've browsed through the the GMC website but still not clear about the process of registration, the total amount of money it will cost to register and write the exams and the materials I need to read. I know USMLE got a lot of videos and books to aid and guide your preparation. So I will really appreciate if anyone can clarify me on these areas.
Thanks
Hi, same situation here, final year @ UI. My previous thought was to finish internshp and perhaps service before starting to get into the process of travellin out. Though Im aware the USMLE can be written anytime even now. We can pls rub minds.
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by Nobody: 8:52pm On Mar 16, 2016
Well for you to take the PLAB, you need to have finished medical school( graduated).The next step would be to take the IELTS language exam after which u can now register for the plab through the GMC website.http://www.gmc-uk.org/doctors/fees.asp
Osamuyilinc:
Thanks
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by Nobody: 9:01pm On Mar 16, 2016
I just passed my plab 2 as well. It wont be a problem since you have completed all exams, just proceed with your registration. If you still have doubts, you can call the GMC. They are very nice and will make sure all your areas of concerns are addressed.
Olitz:

Hi rugged7.
I really like the way u took time to explain somethings. I'm in a bit of a dilemma. I just passed my plab 2 after 2 attempts and my ielts is over 2 years. The requirement for gmc is 2yrs. Is there any way I can go about this, I'm really scared.
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by radwad(m): 11:27am On Mar 19, 2016
joeblaze:
I just passed my plab 2 as well. It wont be a problem since you have completed all exams, just proceed with your registration. If you still have doubts, you can call the GMC. They are very nice and will make sure all your areas of concerns are addressed.

@joeblaze,
Please i need swammy/Samson plab 1 material.would be glad if i can probably get from you.please reply...here is ma email address= haibeeowey2@gmail.com
Thanks
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by radwad(m): 11:33am On Mar 19, 2016
@rugged7,
Please i need to contact you Asap to confirm some things.would need your contact details please.
Here is my email address :haibeeowey2@gmail.com
Thanks alot.

Anyone with @rugged7 contact can also be of help please.
Thanks everyone

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (67) (Reply)

Salary In The Nigerian Army? / Any HSE Professionals In The House? / How Much Is Level 8/2 Based On New Salary Structure?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.