Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,699 members, 7,820,443 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:56 PM

Lesson From Bukola Saraki- Senate President Saga- By Veraponpo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lesson From Bukola Saraki- Senate President Saga- By Veraponpo (2095 Views)

Nigerians Attack Saraki, Senate Over Osinbajo - Daily Trust / The Truth About Buhari Being A Tyrant, A Reply To Reno Omokri -veraponpo / INEC Forged Saraki’s Senate Election Results - PM News (DOCUMENTS PICTURED) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lesson From Bukola Saraki- Senate President Saga- By Veraponpo by veraponpo(m): 4:29pm On Sep 18, 2015
I have been watching with keen interest the unfolding drama with the Senate President- Bukola Saraki in the middle of the whole drama. What are the lessons that the political analysts can deduce from this drama?

The following are my views and submissions:

1. Bukola Saraki believes he is a strategist of the highest in the class of Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, Chief Obasanjo, etc but what he fails to realise is Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu always play according to the rule of every game. He is a master strategist who usually weighs his options well. He knows when to retreat and surrenders, and he knows too when to fight and fight dirty. You remember when he had issue with Obasanjo as the governor of Lagos State? But you also remember when he mellowed down for Babatunde Raji Fashola to go for second term despite the initial agreement that BRF bridged by going for the second term. Fashola reneged but Tinubu mellowed down because Fashola was a hot market then. He personally build Fashola's political career but he knew when to allow Peace to reign and to let go. remember he who laughs last; laughs best.

2. Bukola Saraki is planning against 2019 Presidency at the expense of the party plan. On many occasions, our personal ambitions are good but when it is becoming inordinate we should be careful. Bukola Saraki, through his ambition caused the sudden death of his former party(PDP) and according to some people's belief and conviction , the death of his father in Kwara State. It started the process that caused serious challenge for the then Intercontinental Bank (Society Generale Bank wanted to merge with Intercontinental Bank Plc). His ambition caused APC to lose Deputy Senate Presidency. His ambition cause disrespect and international embarrassment for APC immediately after the 8th senate began. When we think of ourselves alone, we may spoil a lot of things.

There are many other things that I don't want to go into now. When you believe you are smarter than others, always remember you will meet your match one day. The height of it was when the President through the party leadership wrote letter to Bukola Saraki and he wrote back that his hands were tied! Wow!

President Muhammadu Buhari is a courageous man and can damn any consequence to have his way.

Let us learn from this. You cannot always be right or have your ways. Learn to sacrifice in some situations.

See the letters below:

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lesson From Bukola Saraki- Senate President Saga- By Veraponpo by madridguy(m): 4:32pm On Sep 18, 2015
Lessons to learn from the write-up

- You cannot always be right or have your ways. Learn to sacrifice in some situations.

- Never Outshine The Master

- Never outsmart your master

- Don't bite the finger that fed you

Above all, no one toy with JAGABAN and scot free.

NIGERIA IS BIGGER THAN ANYBODY.

GOD BLESS NIGERIA.

4 Likes

Re: Lesson From Bukola Saraki- Senate President Saga- By Veraponpo by Johnnyessence(m): 4:33pm On Sep 18, 2015
seriously saraki won't survive his removal from the senate president he's a goner and need to be probe.

1 Like

Re: Lesson From Bukola Saraki- Senate President Saga- By Veraponpo by kcpragmatik(m): 4:33pm On Sep 18, 2015
Celebrating mediocrity!
Bola Ahmed Tinubu.
Re: Lesson From Bukola Saraki- Senate President Saga- By Veraponpo by ORACLE1975(m): 4:34pm On Sep 18, 2015
Here in banana republic SARAKI is shit.
Re: Lesson From Bukola Saraki- Senate President Saga- By Veraponpo by giantstrides(m): 4:36pm On Sep 18, 2015
Interesting analysis, however this battle is far from over, let's not lose the larger pic here, saraki is not gunning for the presidency, he's only playing atiku's card here, some elements in the new PDP led by atiku are the ones trying to hijack structures in preparation for 2019, where is Atiku today ? The presidency has completely distanced itself from him . They all saw Buhari as politically maneouverable, that might be true, but Buhari has got Tinubu and Obj on his side now. Atiku will be the biggest loser because he can't take on tinubu, buhari and his ever present enemy OBJ all at once.

Quote me anywhere.

5 Likes

Re: Lesson From Bukola Saraki- Senate President Saga- By Veraponpo by Pangea: 4:38pm On Sep 18, 2015
Another lesson!
If you want to throw your party under a bus,
Make sure the party is on its death throe,
Not when at the strongest, especially after displacing a ruling party!

3 Likes

Re: Lesson From Bukola Saraki- Senate President Saga- By Veraponpo by bonechamberlain(m): 4:39pm On Sep 18, 2015
so this was the position of the apc. from their power sharing deal the south east and probably the south south can go to hell, while other regions take power. and we say we are united or we want peace to reign. when a particular region in connivance with other regions shares power without recognizing the fact that Nigeria is too complicated.

yet they won't allow for disintegration

one thing I know is that apc has been hijacked by the north, and is filled with radicalist and extremists.

all these little crisis u are seeing is just the beginning of a grand scheme.

look at the north, having a refinery, when there is no drop of oil there, almost all dams in Nigeria are located in the north.

by the time the north is through with the bleeding of the resources of the south, its either they would allow disintegration or they would stage a total conquest of the entire Nigeria. the people I pity most is the myopic easterners building mansions in the north and west, developing other regions while the vultures bleed theirs.
Re: Lesson From Bukola Saraki- Senate President Saga- By Veraponpo by madridguy(m): 4:48pm On Sep 18, 2015
Your head dey there sir. Wonderful write up.

veraponpo:

I have been watching with keen interest the unfolding drama with the Senate President- Bukola Saraki in the middle of the whole drama. What are the lessons that the political analysts can deduce from this drama?

The following are my views and submissions:

1. Bukola Saraki believes he is a strategist of the highest in the class of Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, Chief Obasanjo, etc but what he fails to realise is Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu always play according to the rule of every game. He is a master strategist who usually weighs his options well. He knows when to retreat and surrenders, and he knows too when to fight and fight dirty. You remember when he had issue with Obasanjo as the governor of Lagos State? But you also remember when he mellowed down for Babatunde Raji Fashola to go for second term despite the initial agreement that BRF bridged by going for the second term. Fashola reneged but Tinubu mellowed down because Fashola was a hot market then. He personally build Fashola's political career but he knew when to allow Peace to reign and to let go. remember he who laughs last; laughs best.

2. Bukola Saraki is planning against 2019 Presidency at the expense of the party plan. On many occasions, our personal ambitions are good but when it is becoming inordinate we should be careful. Bukola Saraki, through his ambition caused the sudden death of his former party(PDP) and according to some people's belief and conviction , the death of his father in Kwara State. It started the process that caused serious challenge for the then Intercontinental Bank (Society Generale Bank wanted to merge with Intercontinental Bank Plc). His ambition caused APC to lose Deputy Senate Presidency. His ambition cause disrespect and international embarrassment for APC immediately after the 8th senate began. When we think of ourselves alone, we may spoil a lot of things.

There are many other things that I don't want to go into now. When you believe you are smarter than others, always remember you will meet your match one day. The height of it was when the President through the party leadership wrote letter to Bukola Saraki and he wrote back that his hands were tied! Wow!

President Muhammadu Buhari is a courageous man and can damn any consequence to have his way.

Let us learn from this. You cannot always be right or have your ways. Learn to sacrifice in some situations.

See the letters below:

3 Likes

Re: Lesson From Bukola Saraki- Senate President Saga- By Veraponpo by veraponpo(m): 4:56pm On Sep 18, 2015
madridguy:
Your head dey there sir. Wonderful write up.

Thank you bro.
Re: Lesson From Bukola Saraki- Senate President Saga- By Veraponpo by Chubhie: 4:56pm On Sep 18, 2015
This is not an end in itself. This is politics where the dynamics can change in seconds.

I only see the masses at the losing end as long as this distraction drags on.
Re: Lesson From Bukola Saraki- Senate President Saga- By Veraponpo by themilanway(m): 5:06pm On Sep 18, 2015
This drama is far from over.Expect some twist and turns.

Blackmail and washing of dirty linen in public.

If only Saraki hadn't been too ambitious.

My greatest joy though is that PMB right from the word go refused to have anything to do with Saraki,especially the way he refused to intervene during the NASS crisis.
Re: Lesson From Bukola Saraki- Senate President Saga- By Veraponpo by Nobody: 5:13pm On Sep 18, 2015
I think you should rather wait for the saga to end before ranting!!! Last time I checked, Saraki was still the senate president tongue tongue tongue
Re: Lesson From Bukola Saraki- Senate President Saga- By Veraponpo by coolitempa(f): 5:26pm On Sep 18, 2015
chukwudi44:
I think you should rather wait for the saga to end before ranting!!! Last time I checked, Saraki was still the senate president tongue tongue tongue

They say a fo0l at forty is a fo0l forever..... cheesy....in your case....this is doubly true......a fo0l at sixty..... grin.....we all knew this would happen sooner rather than later but for reasons best known to you, you decided to stupidly remain blinded.....why I don't know.....one does not even need to be that brilliant to know that bukola saraki bought more than he could chew........ angry

2 Likes

Re: Lesson From Bukola Saraki- Senate President Saga- By Veraponpo by tomakint: 5:30pm On Sep 18, 2015
chukwudi44:
Stop doing this bro grin a King has fallen this is CHECKMATE bro!

1 Like

Re: Lesson From Bukola Saraki- Senate President Saga- By Veraponpo by engrflames: 5:39pm On Sep 18, 2015
Saraki, Saraki, Saraki. you are once riding the Tiger. Now you are in the belly ... Good for you
You have no Army
You have no Court
You disrespected the President
You rubbished the Vice President
You humilated the Party
Tell off the Jagaban
and want to create a parallel government
You want to rubbish EFFC because they called your wife
ONLY You
Let us wait and see

2 Likes

Re: Lesson From Bukola Saraki- Senate President Saga- By Veraponpo by knostbrown01(m): 5:45pm On Sep 18, 2015
48 Laws of power by Robert Greene
Law 1: Never Outshine your Master-
Law 3: Conceal your intention
Law 5: So much depend on your reputation, Guard it with your life
Law 19: know who you are dealing with-Do not offend the wrong person

Bukola Saraki had been a man of my admiration politically but missed the reversal of dos law listed above. His End ℓ̊s Near

2 Likes

Re: Lesson From Bukola Saraki- Senate President Saga- By Veraponpo by engrflames: 5:46pm On Sep 18, 2015
Those behind this plot will definitely meet Dr. Saraki in court as this case, which is based on outright fabrication and mischief, will not and cannot stand the test of justice” - Dr. Saraki

"The prosecution counsel, Muslim Hassan, asked the tribunal to order the arrest of Mr. Saraki for failing to appear before it... He argued that the high court had coordinate jurisdiction with the tribunal and as such, had no powers to halt trial of the tribunal." - PT

"The Code of Conduct Tribunal on Friday issued a bench warrant against the Senate President, Bukola Saraki. The tribunal ordered the Inspector General of Police and other security agencies to arrest and produce him in court on Monday." - The Nation

Sen. Saraki should appear and clear his name before talking rubbish about fabrications and test of justice. How does he want to test justice on the run? Meanwhile, he should bring his Toyin along to obviate the need for a bench warrant to be issued for her arrest too. For failure to appear in today's proceedings, Sen. Saraki has already made himself a flight risks and increased his chances for "Lamido Treatment" whenever he is finally hauled to court. I warned him about sitting on a Bunsen Burner thinking he is the smartest of them all... now his luck may have finally run out of runway. By running away from "the test of justice"...Sen. Saraki is proving himself guilty until proven innocent. Hahaha chei, gra-gra get limit. I dey gulp odeku, dey watch with blinking eyes. Sen. Ike Ekweremadu is next...

Anyhow you look at it, Sen. Saraki has made history...
He became Senate President in the footsteps of his father...
Sen. Saraki has become the first big fish casualty of the war against corruption...
Saraki has become the first sitting Senate President to be issued with a bench warrant...
Saraki ati Toyin are on course to becoming the first "oko ati iyawo" to occupy a VIP-cell in gulag...

One Lesson: Never insult the Vice President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria... especially if he's a Law Professor!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lesson From Bukola Saraki- Senate President Saga- By Veraponpo by TGM2015: 5:55pm On Sep 18, 2015
I think Saraki actually starting digging his grave immediately he responded to his party letter. Going against your party decisions, your party governors and President plead and majority of your party member in the Senate relying on the support of Atiku, SS, SE Senate member with few northerners to sustain your Senate leadership ambition of which your party and her member had swallow their pride to accord you is a disaster on it own because he has nobody to run to now.

Though it might looks like witch hunt with many allegations surrounding (wife, company, asset declaration, senate rule forgery case that the Presidency has systemically swept under the carpet) but the facts remains that these anti-graft agencies have been handicapped by the Jonathan led administration as EFCC and ICPC struggles to pay their staff emoluments with little or no money to prosecute many corruption cases.

Looking beyond witch hunt, when a politician put him/herself to the beam light of political struggles that generates a lot of attention statewide or national wide, he should be prepare to defend his past life (family, work, education and political offices). At least Fashola, Ameachi even Obasanjo, etc are not left out. Obasanjo during his third ambition was accused of all sort of things from raping his son's wife to being a bastard with pictures of an identical old man on national dailies that his father was an Ibo police man and he was born out of wedlock/roadside...

All Saraki needs to do is to clear his name and that of his family as Tinubu did under Obasanjo, though I doubt if he is clean of all of the accused allegation not dwelling on the way he get around justice in the past administration because now what money cannot do more money will not do it.

2 Likes

Re: Lesson From Bukola Saraki- Senate President Saga- By Veraponpo by ibisko04: 5:56pm On Sep 18, 2015
Contentment is the best thing for anybody that want to be in peace. It's a good idea to want to explore the world further, always know when to apply brake.
Re: Lesson From Bukola Saraki- Senate President Saga- By Veraponpo by omowolewa: 5:57pm On Sep 18, 2015
If not for presidential support!
Re: Lesson From Bukola Saraki- Senate President Saga- By Veraponpo by superstar1(m): 6:05pm On Sep 18, 2015
The game is far from over.

There are still many twists and turns, but one thing is certain, Saraki does not hold the ace and they will keep coming for him right, left and centre.

If he is not careful I hope he will not go to political sahara desert with his boko haram-like suicide mission he embraced upon.
Re: Lesson From Bukola Saraki- Senate President Saga- By Veraponpo by HzRF(m): 8:24pm On Sep 18, 2015
giantstrides:
Interesting analysis, however this battle is far from over, let's not lose the larger pic here, saraki is not gunning for the presidency, he's only playing atiku's card here, some elements in the new PDP led by atiku are the ones trying to hijack structures in preparation for 2019, where is Atiku today ? The presidency has completely distanced itself from him . They all saw Buhari as politically maneouverable, that might be true, but Buhari has got Tinubu and Obj on his side now. Atiku will be the biggest loser because he can't take on tinubu, buhari and his ever present enemy OBJ all at once.

Quote me anywhere.
Actually Tinubu will be d biggest looser expect he will tow obj cum 2019

Saraki Izz obj boy nothing will do him expect he has gone against obj which I doubt where is orosanye case again all gone

Obj, Tinubu can't mix expect Tinubu will play along
SW Tinubu can boast of as his ground, obj boys are the supporting pillars

Remove oyinlola, Adeleke, Peter power in osun and apc will be history
Put Akala and Ladoja together and see ibadan gone
And in Ogun obj run things

So by 2019 wen d fruit would have ripe let's see hw obj and Tinubu will mix
Re: Lesson From Bukola Saraki- Senate President Saga- By Veraponpo by sammyj: 8:46pm On Sep 18, 2015
Ok

(1) (Reply)

"President Buhari Is Cruel, Vindictive & Evil" - Femi Fani-kayode / Pro-biafra Killings: British MP Angela Rayner Raises Concerns To Foreign Office / Bokoharam: Shakau My Be Passing A Coded Message!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.