Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,726 members, 7,809,771 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:36 PM

My Ex Is Now My Boss - She's Giving Me Hell At Work - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Ex Is Now My Boss - She's Giving Me Hell At Work (3602 Views)

What My Neighbour Did To Me Because I Did Not Ask Her Out After Giving Me Signal / 5 Signs That She's Giving You The Green Light / Help! My New Hot Girlfriend Kisses Lik She's Giving Birth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Ex Is Now My Boss - She's Giving Me Hell At Work by worriedman: 4:14pm On Apr 12, 2009
[b]I work for a computer firm. i am the head of the web design and development department. Back when i just left skool, line i lost my job, and i took solace with the bottle. my girl tried so much as to help me, but very soon she got fed up when a job was not forth coming. we gradually were drifting apart, she moved out of my room(my uncle gave me one of his boys' quarters), and moved in with her older sister.
about a year later, i finally got a new job. i was so happy. i immediately tried calling my girl(we still did communicate over the phone, but she refused to move in back with me until i got a job). i went to her older sister's place, but when i got there, the older sister snubbed me. i asked her for her younger sister, but she told me she was not around and that i should go away. i left when she refused to tell me where her sister was.
about 2 days later, i was in none of ther supermarkets when i saw my babe walk in with another man. the way they were hugging, cuddling, i knew there was something between them. i walked up to where they were standing. when they turned and saw me, a look of surprise showed on her face. I asked her "who is this man", and after a few hesitant moments, she repiled

"James, this Bayo".
"and who is Bayo?"
"Bayo is my friend"
"and is it cos of this Bayo that u refused to see me?"
"u have no right to my life. u aren't my husband are u? besides i can see whoever i please"

i was surprised. so this is the girl i was in love with. i tried so much as to swallow my anger and walk away but what the guy said next blew my top

"hey dude, u have no right over this girl. she's mine now. . .LOSER!!!"

I didn't know when i landed a punch into the man's jaw. by then everyone was witnessing the drama, and as we fought, they pulled us apart. left there with whatever dignity i had left in me, everyone shouting "LOSEr!! Loser!!" behind me.
later that nite, the girl called me and screamed her lungs out. she told me never to see her again, that it was over between us. the following day she packed everything i gave her into one box, including the engagement ring i gave her. her sister and her came over with Bayo and two of his dudes. they thoroughly beat me up while the two ladies cursed and clawed, while the stupid bayo grinned in the background. i was thoroughly hurt, humilated, and unhappy.
about six months later, the babe(now my ex), came over to my flat and started begging me to forgive her. to cut as long story short, i just kicked her out of the house and told her never to come there again, after insulting her thoroughly.

fast-forward 10 years, and i was design manager in a very big company. i had met another girl along the line and we had gotten married and had 2 kids. One friday, we were told that our branch manager was retiring, and come the following day, there was to be a send-off party for him and a new manager was to come in. On that day, to my uttermost surprise, who to be the next manager, than my ex!!! we recognised each other in a professional manner, but i coud feel the old tension and hatred coming out, where i thought i had it buried a long time ago.
it soon got to a point, it seemed the woman saw problems in everything i did. i, who won the best employee twice, now was nothing but garbage to her. there was a time she said, if i don't improve on my work, she'll recommend to the headquarters that i be relieved from my duties. so many othe roccasions too that i can't mention, very embarrasing occasions.
i've had it enough with this lady. i was contemplating resigning my job, but that would be chickening out cos of a woman. i don't know what to do cos she's giving me so much heat.[/b]
Re: My Ex Is Now My Boss - She's Giving Me Hell At Work by spikedcylinder: 4:30pm On Apr 12, 2009
You work for a computer firm that deals in computers! cheesy cheesy
Re: My Ex Is Now My Boss - She's Giving Me Hell At Work by StrStruck(f): 4:35pm On Apr 12, 2009
spikedcylinder:

You work for a computer firm that deals in computers! cheesy cheesy

Haven't you heard of computer firms that deal with orange juice? tongue
Re: My Ex Is Now My Boss - She's Giving Me Hell At Work by Nobody: 4:58pm On Apr 12, 2009
Please don't Resign because of her! embarassed Just try and rub mind with her. I hope it will work out! Safe man
Re: My Ex Is Now My Boss - She's Giving Me Hell At Work by IykeD(m): 5:05pm On Apr 12, 2009
@poster, is she married now and is she aware that you are married with 2 kids?? I don't think she would be doing this if she is married
Re: My Ex Is Now My Boss - She's Giving Me Hell At Work by Nobody: 5:16pm On Apr 12, 2009
@poster:- this is what I call temptation, well to my own point of view, let her continue whatever she has in mind, Don't beg her and pls just keep calm because she is doing these to fraustrate you so that you will know the boss.

my advice to you now is try to tender your CV underground to some reputable companies so has to prepare for the worst and if possible you get a job from another company while you still work for your Ex? Go to the other company and I bet you she will be the one pleading,

if you beg and the two of you reconcile? Then you are jeopardising your home, Cuz you guys will have to continue the finish business to settle .
Re: My Ex Is Now My Boss - She's Giving Me Hell At Work by maray(f): 5:31pm On Apr 12, 2009
Try and talk to her outside the office and ask her to forgive u,becos getting a new job might not be as easy as u think,and remember u now have a responsibily at home.Goodluck.
Re: My Ex Is Now My Boss - She's Giving Me Hell At Work by Czarskit(m): 5:40pm On Apr 12, 2009
~ Nice book with a captiv8'in story-line! ~ So what's the Book Title again? ~ cheesy
Re: My Ex Is Now My Boss - She's Giving Me Hell At Work by Nobody: 7:16pm On Apr 12, 2009
NA Die U dey!!!!!!!!!!!!!! {If no b tales by moonlight tho!!}
Re: My Ex Is Now My Boss - She's Giving Me Hell At Work by biina: 7:22pm On Apr 12, 2009
You should see someone in HR to have it on record that your new boss is your ex, but from your end you don't foresee any problem working with her, then start looking for another job.
Depending on how good and/or bad things got between you two, how she feels about you now, and her personality, you might be really in for it.
It always easier to find another job while you are still employed, as opposed to after being fired. You should have a backup plan in case things go south.
Re: My Ex Is Now My Boss - She's Giving Me Hell At Work by Deshannel(m): 8:04pm On Apr 12, 2009
Wonderful story telling. Realy dis script is captivating. Where was d location again? nigeria or yankee? I'm sure Wale Adenuga wont mind dis being d nxt Super Story.
Re: My Ex Is Now My Boss - She's Giving Me Hell At Work by yme1(f): 8:08pm On Apr 12, 2009
tough one tho
but do whatever you know is right @poster
Re: My Ex Is Now My Boss - She's Giving Me Hell At Work by Hollysmile: 11:51pm On Apr 12, 2009
Wow!
What a serious dilemma u ar in. Your boss is ur boss! Neva take things violent wit her; and neva try pleadin wit her cos it's all intended to frustrate u!
Keep cool, be diligent, who knows, she may be training u to become the ova all head someday.
Just submit her to de Lord - dat's if u know who God is oh!
But tel me, is she married? Cos marriage frustration fit follow dey cause am, oh!
Re: My Ex Is Now My Boss - She's Giving Me Hell At Work by posakosa(m): 12:35am On Apr 13, 2009
Thats why its good to be nice to people before or after break up.!
Re: My Ex Is Now My Boss - She's Giving Me Hell At Work by topup: 1:51am On Apr 13, 2009
worriedman:

i've had it enough with this lady. i was contemplating resigning my job, [b]but that would be chickening out cos of a woman.
i don't know what to do cos she's giving me so much heat.[/b]

What's her being a woman got to do with it?? Hmm?? If anyone is causing you grief at work, leave if you have found a replacement job, otherwise, maybe try and just look past it, looking forward to the end of the day.

I don't think she should be that horrible to you, especially if she's over the pain.

Maybe if you just want to sort everything out, seek her out in a time she's by herself and apologise to her, even if she doesn't apologise, you've done your bit. She should lighten up, if she has any heart.

I pray she doesn't start meddling with you, as you mentioned you have a wife and two kids.

Sorry, to sound insensitive, but this sounds like a movie I watched last week; "Men do cry." However, she was the one who wronged you from the beginning, she used you, and then she still came back, whilst in the movie, the guy left the girl at the alter and disappeared only to find himself working for her, and then having an affair with her to stop her maltreating him at work.
Re: My Ex Is Now My Boss - She's Giving Me Hell At Work by Nobody: 5:04am On Apr 13, 2009
Move this to lit-section and have them critique it for you, though you wont get as many hits as here.
Re: My Ex Is Now My Boss - She's Giving Me Hell At Work by nethacker(m): 1:18pm On Apr 13, 2009
@poster.Let ur HR be aware of this and probably file in for redeployment to another unit/dept/section that u won't have to report to her.She is only trying to pass on frustration.She just realised she has lost, Bros just redeploy go another unit.

(1) (Reply)

She Is A Witch! / The Busty Lady Whose Pictures Goes Viral In Computer Village Speaks.. / Please How True Is This (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.