Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,113 members, 7,814,909 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:54 PM

Question :what Would You Do If You Were This Guy(see What Happened) - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Question :what Would You Do If You Were This Guy(see What Happened) (52568 Views)

The Right Way To Answer The Question: What Should We Pay You? / I Wore My Natural Hair To Look For A Job And Here Is What Happened / The Crazy Interview Question "What Is 1+1?" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Question :what Would You Do If You Were This Guy(see What Happened) by Exponental(m): 12:19am On Sep 19, 2015
@Op...... the first question you have asked was the error code. Wasn't the paper indicator functioning? that you did all things possible yet you didn't take the step of reading the fault. your fault too. You acted just like her too.
Re: Question :what Would You Do If You Were This Guy(see What Happened) by viktagorion: 12:25am On Sep 19, 2015
Maybe she was on her period...

Hormonal things.

You have to be very patient with women.

1 Like

Re: Question :what Would You Do If You Were This Guy(see What Happened) by Nobody: 12:35am On Sep 19, 2015
Check yourself first.
Re: Question :what Would You Do If You Were This Guy(see What Happened) by honoure(m): 12:46am On Sep 19, 2015
See as she waste d guy time.

Re: Question :what Would You Do If You Were This Guy(see What Happened) by 1miccza: 12:46am On Sep 19, 2015
Can you imagine??
Re: Question :what Would You Do If You Were This Guy(see What Happened) by cao(f): 12:48am On Sep 19, 2015
Eeser:
Hmm...
People can be funny o.
Make I ask some questions abeg
1. Is checking for the presence or absence of papers not part of trouble shooting?
2. And which kind archaic printer no get indicator that turns on when paper tray is empty?
Just saying....
Exactly. All this time it didn't occur to them to check?! Geez, did nobody try to check the status of the printer at any time? In fact, you can do this from the computer, a status would have definitely popped up after they had sent the document, informing them of the error? What exactly was the guy working on, if he only finally went to the printer as a last resort? Did nobody notice the noise the printer obviously made, while it attempted to print? I give the guy credit for keeping his cool, but the guy kinda messed up too by making a simple rookie mistake - he didn't check the printer first.

This is the equivalent of towing your car to the mechanic for repairs, and the mechanic spending hours looking for a non-existent fault, only to find that the tank was empty.

3 Likes

Re: Question :what Would You Do If You Were This Guy(see What Happened) by LockDown69(m): 1:01am On Sep 19, 2015
Hmmm. Humans
Re: Question :what Would You Do If You Were This Guy(see What Happened) by Khd95(m): 1:08am On Sep 19, 2015
Its ur job ni,endure
Re: Question :what Would You Do If You Were This Guy(see What Happened) by oluwanoni: 1:12am On Sep 19, 2015
Typical customer service day if you work as a support service technician/in customer care...its a typical day , there is no biggie, customer as the right to be angry.

I have seen worse, one as to troubleshooting with both know how an intuition, because most issues as minor negligence by user.
Re: Question :what Would You Do If You Were This Guy(see What Happened) by MadCow1: 1:26am On Sep 19, 2015
alaricsaltzman:
Wtf!!! Hahaha!! I can't begin to imagine the look on the woman's face when she realizes she had been the incompetent one all along. If I were I the guy, I would just walk out without saying a word.

Or maybe it's just transfer of aggression. Her bf dumped her or she caught her husband cheating or both undecided

How and why did it take him so long to figure out there was no Paper?

1 Like

Re: Question :what Would You Do If You Were This Guy(see What Happened) by echodrum(m): 1:28am On Sep 19, 2015
Eh no easy oh! . But make I ask you sir? Why did you ask her to check her Internet connection when her problem was all about printing via the local network? Again the first thing you were suppose to do when you arrived at the office was 1. try to print from the printer it self. 2. Print from the computer where the printer is connected before u proceed to the network.
Re: Question :what Would You Do If You Were This Guy(see What Happened) by latogng: 1:36am On Sep 19, 2015
Eeser:
Hmm...
People can be funny o.
1. Is checking for the presence or absence of papers not part of trouble shooting?
2. And which kind archaic printer no get indicator that turns on when paper tray is empty?
Just saying....

Now that's the IT I know about.what kind of an IT personnel is the poster?overlooking the most basic in troubleshooting or assuming is just so wrong
Re: Question :what Would You Do If You Were This Guy(see What Happened) by Nobody: 1:36am On Sep 19, 2015
that is what you get from paid employment.... sh.it!
Re: Question :what Would You Do If You Were This Guy(see What Happened) by dozymars(m): 1:37am On Sep 19, 2015
1. For her to know that the printer did not print, that means she went to the printer to pick the printed sheet. So at the printer she must have noticed the error message on the printer display ( No Paper) or the indicator blinking to signal error.

2. The IT guy must have gone through this process and noticed the error message after sending a print message to the printer as well.

That means both of you seem not to have the experience.

NO experienced IT guy on this forum will accept the poster's claim.

1 Like

Re: Question :what Would You Do If You Were This Guy(see What Happened) by flokii: 1:52am On Sep 19, 2015
I'll first insult her and disgrace her in front of her cohorts...

then I will buy recharge card and swear for my boss well well bfor I resign...

what rubbish
Re: Question :what Would You Do If You Were This Guy(see What Happened) by deolumike(m): 2:14am On Sep 19, 2015
Eeser:
Hmm...
People can be funny o.
Just saying....
seriously? So if your vehicle runs out of gas, you'd need a mechanic to fix that for you? Try again.
Re: Question :what Would You Do If You Were This Guy(see What Happened) by Boyooosa(m): 2:28am On Sep 19, 2015
may be she want to fk u up! grin
Re: Question :what Would You Do If You Were This Guy(see What Happened) by harffie(m): 2:34am On Sep 19, 2015
Eeser:
Hmm...
People can be funny o.
Just saying....
I think say na only me see am.
Re: Question :what Would You Do If You Were This Guy(see What Happened) by treasuremi1(m): 2:48am On Sep 19, 2015
And the engineer guy didn't know that he ought to av checked the papers first? Both the engineer and the lady have problems
Re: Question :what Would You Do If You Were This Guy(see What Happened) by NICOGRAVITY: 3:03am On Sep 19, 2015
I have learnt to be everything in my job, and to go the extra miles. I have always gone beyond my call of duties to please the customer, because they are the reason we are in business, and their satisfaction is why I still have a job.
Humble yourself, learn how to talk to your customers, you might need them some day. It's a small world.
Re: Question :what Would You Do If You Were This Guy(see What Happened) by lmay18(f): 3:35am On Sep 19, 2015
honoure:
See as she waste d guy time.
The guy wasted his time.

He is not an IT support person.

If this is your daily routines, you will know the story get k leg.

Checking Internet When user complain about Local printer issue?
After checking if the user can access print server, the next thing is to check print machine status and then print server.
Re: Question :what Would You Do If You Were This Guy(see What Happened) by alfayaa(m): 4:08am On Sep 19, 2015
we also experience such with my boss in our office. thou is not on printer but network connection. our IT guy has to come all d way from Abuja to Jalingo. u know d funniest part, only to come n plug a cable. trust me is so annoying especially in our own case.
Re: Question :what Would You Do If You Were This Guy(see What Happened) by zynzyn(m): 4:28am On Sep 19, 2015
exthar87:
I saw this on a bbm channel and decided to share with you

I know a lot of people mostly people in the IT department would have had such experience. Kindly share yours and how you reacted

Sadly, very believable story!

Some ppl r spoiled brats, and they never recover!

1 Like

Re: Question :what Would You Do If You Were This Guy(see What Happened) by Memyselfu2009(m): 4:32am On Sep 19, 2015
I hope u showed her are mistake and make her know the fault is from her
Re: Question :what Would You Do If You Were This Guy(see What Happened) by Nicepoker(m): 4:49am On Sep 19, 2015
Ladies are dull when its comes to technical approach
Re: Question :what Would You Do If You Were This Guy(see What Happened) by AdeniyiA(m): 4:52am On Sep 19, 2015
alaricsaltzman:
Wtf!!! Hahaha!! I can't begin to imagine the look on the woman's face when she realizes she had been the incompetent one all along. If I were I the guy, I would just walk out without saying a word.

Or maybe it's just transfer of aggression. Her bf dumped her or she caught her husband cheating or both undecided

some ladies are so uncouth in their utterances, her attitude shows one of the reasons some ladies would remain unmarried or get divorced because they lack proper home training on PR undecided
Re: Question :what Would You Do If You Were This Guy(see What Happened) by YomiYarzo: 5:03am On Sep 19, 2015
Sorry buddy feel your pain
Had a similar experience years back as an intern
Lady in senior management start screeming issues with network printer. Line manager calls me to attend to the issue. Got on the phone immediately to help fix issue. The most polite response at the other end of the phone was 'bring your ass right now to my office to fix this issue". Was mad but still needed my pay cheque. manage to get to the office the ugly looking thing with heavy makeup starts screaming at sorts. I got to her desk and discovered the network cable wasn't even plugged in. Feeling like an IT expert, I beckoned on her and I confidently explained to her like one would do to an illiterate that to use the network printer you needed to power on the pc, log in and make sure your network cable was connected. She got the message
Her response 'F off , go look for something to do.
Re: Question :what Would You Do If You Were This Guy(see What Happened) by yinkeys(m): 5:05am On Sep 19, 2015
@exthar87 why are some women like this. Anger issues. Obviously she'll be headache to her husband
Re: Question :what Would You Do If You Were This Guy(see What Happened) by niggi4life(m): 5:08am On Sep 19, 2015
YomiYarzo:
Sorry buddy feel your pain
Had a similar experience years back as an intern
Lady in senior management start screeming issues with network printer. Line manager calls me to attend to the issue. Got on the phone immediately to help fix issue. The most polite response at the other end of the phone was 'bring your ass right now to my office to fix this issue". Was mad but still needed my pay cheque. manage to get to the office the ugly looking thing with heavy makeup starts screaming at sorts. I got to her desk and discovered the network cable wasn't even plugged in. Feeling like an IT expert, I beckoned on her and I confidently explained to her like one would do to an illiterate that to use the network printer you needed to power on the pc, log in and make sure your network cable was connected. She got the message
Her response 'F off , go look for something to do.
grin grin classic
Re: Question :what Would You Do If You Were This Guy(see What Happened) by jydeskill1(m): 5:41am On Sep 19, 2015
But this guy self na mumu IT rep, even him should have advice the Lady to check the Paper casseth nw

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

My N-Power Test Result / How I Got A Job In An Oil Firm Through Nairaland! / Access Bank demands N1M For Employment, GTB Asks For Obituaries.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.