Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,345 members, 7,819,222 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:56 PM

Paradox Of Polygamy - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Paradox Of Polygamy (3397 Views)

Why Is Polygamy Being Discouraged And Hypergamy Isn't Discouraged? / The Paradox Of Nigerian Men. The Most Hated And Loved On The Continent. / My Pillar Of Truth Behind the Truth On Polygamy. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Paradox Of Polygamy by Truckpusher(m): 7:36pm On Sep 20, 2015
MrsChima:

I know it's hard to imagine given the global reputation, do you know there are women who isn't driven by money nor impressed with status?

Another big fat lie of the century, ma'am.
Re: Paradox Of Polygamy by MrsChima(f): 7:38pm On Sep 20, 2015
Truckpusher:
There is nothing wrong with being a dyke - I like them that way,they are not usually stingy with the puccy. grin

This ho.
Re: Paradox Of Polygamy by Truckpusher(m): 7:39pm On Sep 20, 2015
edwife:

This is all you know... undecided sad
For all the time I have spent on other things in this life - It wouldn't be a bad idea trying to master this one. tongue
Re: Paradox Of Polygamy by Truckpusher(m): 7:40pm On Sep 20, 2015
MrsChima:

This ho.
It takes a seasoned ho to know a ho. grin
Re: Paradox Of Polygamy by MrsChima(f): 7:41pm On Sep 20, 2015
Truckpusher:
It takes a seasoned ho to know a ho. grin

Please share more seasoned ho. tongue
Re: Paradox Of Polygamy by edwife(f): 7:41pm On Sep 20, 2015
Truckpusher:
For all the time I have spent on other things in this life - It wouldn't be a bad idea trying to master this one. tongue

This your hair,chei ..... gringrin

Na chimpanzee hair you glued for head?
Re: Paradox Of Polygamy by MrsChima(f): 7:41pm On Sep 20, 2015
Truckpusher:
Another big fat lie of the century, ma'am.

How is that a lie ho?
Re: Paradox Of Polygamy by Truckpusher(m): 7:47pm On Sep 20, 2015
MrsChima:

How is that a lie ho?
Women are naturally drawn to men by some factors and the above mentioned factors plays a major role.

In fact they are almost a determining factor with a little of a good habit you can land any woman and the only time these two factors you mentioned above do not play any major role is only when some exceptional cases exist....Go figure
Re: Paradox Of Polygamy by Truckpusher(m): 7:49pm On Sep 20, 2015
edwife:

This your hair,chei ..... gringrin

Na chimpanzee hair you glued for head?
You must have been so close to one to understand what their hair looks like. tongue

Re: Paradox Of Polygamy by MrsChima(f): 7:52pm On Sep 20, 2015
Truckpusher:
Women are naturally drawn to men by some factors and the above mentioned factors plays a major role.

In fact they are almost a determining factor with a little of a good habit you can land any woman and the only time these two factors you mentioned above do not play any major role is only when some exceptional cases exist....Go figure

Girls are attracted to men of status and women are attracted to men of virtuous character.

Michelle Obama married an average man that was a by product of a single parent and generous grandparents. He did NOT have any status until 15 years after his wedding!
Re: Paradox Of Polygamy by gj22(m): 7:53pm On Sep 20, 2015
MrsChima:
I disagree. The man is still able to explore and sample in the name of polygamy.

According to some biblical logics if you are married when you married the second or third times, it is not valid according to the eye of the spiritual world.

I didn't mean to bring religion in it but marriage is a religious/spiritual thing. cheesy

How so? Tell that to the pagans that get married, or to the people that only get married in court. Why do you people always want to make everything about religion?
Re: Paradox Of Polygamy by MrsChima(f): 7:57pm On Sep 20, 2015
gj22:

How so? Tell that to the pagans that get married, or to the people that only get married in court. Why do you people always want to make everything about religion?

It doesn't matter if animals get married that doesn't changed the fact that marriage is a religious and spiritual thing period.

I don't see why non-religious folks partake in anything religious anyways!
Re: Paradox Of Polygamy by gj22(m): 8:01pm On Sep 20, 2015
ekemini606:

First, polygamy wasn't design to favour or punish any particular individual. With polygamy everyone loose._but society. Demographically, there are more women than their are men to go round them. If you then decide to pair them(monogamy) their centainly would not be enought men to go round. IThis is the problem women are facing today. It often called " Flipside of monogamy"

Its harsh to say, but with monogamy, the majority of women would not be married.

This is assuming it's all women that want to get married. The world or even Nigeria is not as it was, marriage is no more a must. Would like to see a source for your demographic tho

Let's not kid ourselves. Polygamy began because some guy wanted to have his way with more than one woman.
Re: Paradox Of Polygamy by Truckpusher(m): 8:03pm On Sep 20, 2015
MrsChima:

Girls are attracted to men of status and women are attracted to men of virtuous character.

Michelle Obama married an average man that was a by product of a single parent and generous grandparents. He did NOT have any status until 15 years after his wedding!
When we talk about status here we aren't subjecting status only to ready-made men with money but a man with prospects and vision ,he talks about it ,he lives it and all his movement is always tending towards his dreams.You can feel him working towards achieving it - This is what I'm talking about.

Michelle Obama wouldn't have married him if he was a school dropout and a junkie even as some women would still marry such men at the end of the day.

Besides, How do you measure the virtue of a man ? We've seen men of virtuous character with an unblemished and tainted history becoming beasts in human clothing murdering their wives or partners or simply turned into a serial abuser.
Re: Paradox Of Polygamy by gj22(m): 8:04pm On Sep 20, 2015
MrsChima:

It doesn't matter if animals get married that doesn't changed the fact that marriage is a religious and spiritual thing period.

I don't see why non-religious folks partake in anything religious anyways!

Because marriage is not a religious thing. It is a social/cultural thing. It means different things in religion, law and culture. But saying it is solely a religious thing is being naive.
Re: Paradox Of Polygamy by gj22(m): 8:09pm On Sep 20, 2015
MrsChima:

Michelle Obama married an average[b] man that was a by product of a single parent and generous grandparents. [/b]He did NOT have any status until 15 years after his wedding!

That is a human being you are talking about.
Re: Paradox Of Polygamy by MrsChima(f): 8:17pm On Sep 20, 2015
gj22:

Because marriage is not a religious thing. It is a social/cultural thing. It means different things in religion, law and culture. But saying it is solely a religious thing is being naive.

Epic failed.

Religion is social and cultural. Stop while you can.
Re: Paradox Of Polygamy by MrsChima(f): 8:23pm On Sep 20, 2015
Truckpusher:
When we talk about status here we aren't subjecting status only to ready-made men with money but a man with prospects and vision ,he talks about it ,he lives it and all his movement is always tending towards his dreams.You can feel him working towards achieving it - This is what I'm talking about.

Michelle Obama wouldn't have married him if he was a school dropout and a junkie even as some women would still marry such men at the end of the day.

Besides, How do you measure the virtue of a man ? We've seen men of virtuous character with an unblemished and tainted history becoming beasts in human clothing murdering their wives or partners or simply turned into a serial abuser.

I take it you haven't read any of his books. Michelle was dating him towards the end of his undergraduate and he was a weedhead. Weed is a drug boo.

Bill Gates went to college but dropped out and now he is the wealthiest man in the world! Just because someone "looks" like they will have wealth means absolutely nothing!

My original comment still remains.
Re: Paradox Of Polygamy by Truckpusher(m): 8:29pm On Sep 20, 2015
MrsChima:

I take it you haven't read any of his books. Michelle was dating him towards the end of his undergraduate and he was a weedhead. Weed is a drug boo.

Bill Gates went to college but dropped out and now he is the wealthiest man in the world! Just because someone "looks" like they will have wealth means absolutely nothing!

Being a weed head doesn't make you a junkie and a never-do-well fellow get the difference please.

And I remember saying that even women would still end up with a junkie.

My original statement remains and that is a fact no matter how much you closet feminists try to deny it. grin
Re: Paradox Of Polygamy by MrsChima(f): 8:46pm On Sep 20, 2015
Truckpusher:
Being a weed head doesn't make you a junkie and a never-do-well fellow get the difference please.

And I remember saying that even women would still end up with a junkie.

My original statement remains and that is a fact no matter how much you closet feminists try to deny it. grin

LNAO@weedhead isn't a junkie.

You have contradicted your own self. Poor ho. tongue
Re: Paradox Of Polygamy by scribble: 9:55pm On Sep 20, 2015
MrsChima:

I touched this bish. grin grin grin

Truckpusher..I am now a dyke oga! Come cure me of my dykeness!! grin

Come and see me at the plaza hotel

I might give you a job

I hope it's not only blow.job for which you qualify
Re: Paradox Of Polygamy by scribble: 9:58pm On Sep 20, 2015
MrsChima:

I see you're also dummy

Smoking weed doesn't make you a weedhead....anymore than drinking alcohol doesn't make you an alcoholic

Don't try and drop knowledge when your iq cannot carry the weight

Go apply some lip gloss and do the needful grin
Re: Paradox Of Polygamy by ekemini606: 5:29pm On Sep 21, 2015
gj22:

This is assuming it's all women that want to get married. The world or even Nigeria is not as it was, marriage is no more a must. Would like to see a source for your demographic tho

Let's not kid ourselves. Polygamy began because some guy wanted to have his way with more than one woman.

Have u ever considered what is like to manage one, let alone multipe wifes? Dont answer.
The men dnt always benefited as you want to believe.
Like i said, society was the winner, not individuals

If I were u I would be worried about your fellow women.
Because one of the reasons for polygyny, was that any woman who is not married, constitute a threat to those who are. Need I explain that as well.
Re: Paradox Of Polygamy by gj22(m): 8:18am On Sep 22, 2015
ekemini606:

Have u ever considered what is like to manage one, let alone multipe wifes? Dont answer.
The men dnt always benefited as you want to believe.
Like i said, society was the winner, not individuals

If I were u I would be worried about your fellow women.
Because one of the reasons for polygyny, was that any woman who is not married, constitute a threat to those who are. Need I explain that as well.

Lol. I am guy dude. It was kinda easy (in those days) to manage multiple wives. Women were very submissive then. They did whatever their husbands told them to. Also, it was kinda the price to pay for wanting a party every night cheesy

Don't talk like we are doing them a favour and also, more wives meant more children which was a big deal then cos they could help in the farm or some sh1t like that.
Re: Paradox Of Polygamy by gj22(m): 8:22am On Sep 22, 2015
MrsChima:

Epic failed.

Religion is social and cultural. Stop while you can.

Lol. Are you educated at all? All mangoes are fruits but not all fruits are mangoes.

All squares are polygons but not all polygons are squares.. I could go on but I think you get my drift
Re: Paradox Of Polygamy by ekemini606: 11:33am On Sep 22, 2015
gj22:

Lol. I am guy dude. It was kinda easy (in those days) to manage multiple wives. Women were very submissive then. They did whatever their husbands told them to. Also, it was kinda the price to pay for wanting a party every night cheesy

Don't talk like we are doing them a favour and also, more wives meant more children which was a big deal then cos they could help in the farm or some sh1t like that.

I see your in the mood to sniff ass..
So you going to come here and rubbish the works of Chinua Achebe_ and all his effort to educated you about your culture before now right. I guess am right about you being a woman grin .Didn't you see how okonkwo often struggle with his wives? Where is the "always submissive" there.
The nature of a woman has always been constant as well as a man.
A good wife is hard to find is true now as it is then.
So don't try to defend what you don't know.

And go back back and read my post. I never said we were doing women a favour. I simply said neither parties won in the arrangement but society_Contrary to the general believe that men had always benefited from polygyny more.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ladies 10 Things To Know That He Came For The Body. / Your Take:joint Account Or Joined Wahala? / Riddle: A Guy That Almost All The Ladies On Nairaland Follows.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.