Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,205 members, 7,849,721 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 08:39 AM

Lagos Hospital Chains Woman To Urinal Pipe Over Unpaid Bills - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Lagos Hospital Chains Woman To Urinal Pipe Over Unpaid Bills (48295 Views)

LUTH Detains Baby, Mother For Four Months Over Unpaid Bills (photo) / "I Had Ulcer, Doctor Touched My Breasts And Vagina At A Lagos Hospital" - Lady / Burial Of Lady Who Died During Childbirth In A Lagos Hospital (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Hospital Chains Woman To Urinal Pipe Over Unpaid Bills by KanwuliaJara: 8:57pm On Sep 20, 2015
APC CHANGE IN HEALTH CARE!!!!!

OSINBADECARE!!!!! grin
Re: Lagos Hospital Chains Woman To Urinal Pipe Over Unpaid Bills by pet4ril(f): 8:57pm On Sep 20, 2015
jhydebaba:
LAGOS na wah! Authorities should take note of the activities of these Private hospitals.
where the said authorities the ones that equipped the hospital for them

1 Like

Re: Lagos Hospital Chains Woman To Urinal Pipe Over Unpaid Bills by DrGroove(f): 8:59pm On Sep 20, 2015
Husband of the detained woman is currently unemployed.

Why do poor people reason with their p r I c k and p u s s y?

No source of income but you are bringing kids into the world

RIP to the baby

couple should try n pay their bills
that's is a private clinic, somebody's sweat and salaries must be paid,not govt hospital

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Hospital Chains Woman To Urinal Pipe Over Unpaid Bills by Nobody: 9:01pm On Sep 20, 2015
Read signature, possible solution to this bullshit, unfortunately nigerians don't take it seriously until it affects them.
Re: Lagos Hospital Chains Woman To Urinal Pipe Over Unpaid Bills by pet4ril(f): 9:01pm On Sep 20, 2015
damton:
It's not good to jump into conclusion hastily. There are cases where hospitals have showed some level of compassion on their patients and have been disappointed at the end. But then dat does not warrant any dehumanizing treatment. And You should know that these hospitals runs on money.
thanks my dear, you need to witness what some patient does in the hospital immediately they start getting better, the people are human and no human being who doesn't have conscience. .only God knows the condition at which they brought this woman because according to them she was referred from a maternity and I know maternity will not refer easily except they see danger sign

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Hospital Chains Woman To Urinal Pipe Over Unpaid Bills by xtervaganza(m): 9:04pm On Sep 20, 2015
I know the hospital management are wicked for holding her down

But let's look deeper into the rubbish coming from the woman's relative, they said they weren't informed about the money b4 the surgery; now if the woman was turned away because money wasn't ready or not yet negotiated and she died in her way to another hospital I'm sure her hubby and family would be making noise that they should have treated her and they would pay up later

5 Likes

Re: Lagos Hospital Chains Woman To Urinal Pipe Over Unpaid Bills by 1stdammy: 9:04pm On Sep 20, 2015
mosho2good:
pls who have d highlight of d match between Nigeria and India 99-0

shuuuuu!! Upon all these talk wey full ground, na wetin u fit talk b this?? Hian!! I fear una oo
Re: Lagos Hospital Chains Woman To Urinal Pipe Over Unpaid Bills by pet4ril(f): 9:05pm On Sep 20, 2015
mamba808:
Good deeds †̥ Humanity is a sure way †̥ Eternity!!! Many of these so-called professional (quack) doctors, after she lost her child, Ðø you think its easy? Thinking about the pains for carrying the pregnancy for 9-10months, the pushing process & the operation pains, all together, OMG!!! Still, you want almost 300k as hospital bill †̥ be paid, "Even if he's got †̥ steal it". Haba!!! Fear God, and remember that one day you will die & all these accumulated wealth of yours won't go with you †̥ answer †̥ your Creator.
yeah, everyone will surely die and the hospital didn't kill their child and the hospital must function and it needs money to do that
Re: Lagos Hospital Chains Woman To Urinal Pipe Over Unpaid Bills by Nobody: 9:06pm On Sep 20, 2015
sukkot:
what are ya rick ross ? ' everyday am hustling '

where this one come from? Plz, am not here for kids like u. If you have nothing to type, read and push the back button.
Re: Lagos Hospital Chains Woman To Urinal Pipe Over Unpaid Bills by seanjy4konji: 9:10pm On Sep 20, 2015
Not fair
Re: Lagos Hospital Chains Woman To Urinal Pipe Over Unpaid Bills by tunesoft(m): 9:11pm On Sep 20, 2015
favourlove1:
Most medical practitioners in nija are heartless.
And poor.....medical services are not free..
Re: Lagos Hospital Chains Woman To Urinal Pipe Over Unpaid Bills by ebira12345: 9:12pm On Sep 20, 2015
Kaiii may God help us, may God punish poverty.
Re: Lagos Hospital Chains Woman To Urinal Pipe Over Unpaid Bills by MurphyG1(m): 9:13pm On Sep 20, 2015
If they dont have money, they should atleast get a guarantor who can stand for them and ensure the bills are paid within an agreed time period.

While the hospital should be understanding, the husband and wife should show willingness to pay.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Hospital Chains Woman To Urinal Pipe Over Unpaid Bills by JiggamanGh: 9:14pm On Sep 20, 2015
Flashh:
And where is her husband or relatives?

When I have my own private hospital I won't treat my patients this way.

BTW... They supposed to have planned for this already, 9 months is enough fish for the bill.

The lady should sue the crap out of them. They have no right to detain her, that's kidnapping. No one has the right to take law into their own hands.

The hospital should have simply called the police and let the police settle it. The people responsible should have their license suspended and jailed. This's malpractice

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Hospital Chains Woman To Urinal Pipe Over Unpaid Bills by ebira12345: 9:15pm On Sep 20, 2015
paul288yahoo:
j
may God help us
Re: Lagos Hospital Chains Woman To Urinal Pipe Over Unpaid Bills by ebira12345: 9:18pm On Sep 20, 2015
Kaiii may God help us, very painful.
Re: Lagos Hospital Chains Woman To Urinal Pipe Over Unpaid Bills by tunesoft(m): 9:21pm On Sep 20, 2015
Please please and please...... it's just not fair to judge from one side of the table. The hospital offer services which are not free. 300k for CS...maybe hight to some, but they carry out 500k in some hospitals still in this country. Yes expensive but I bet if it comes with a US passport or if it's dubai or quater for 5k dollars (close to a million) it won't be too much. They saved the life of the mother. Unfortunately the baby died...check it the mother is alive. Now if they had said...outrightly they wouldn't attend to the woman abinitio and she dies...we burn the hospital down right??!! U say docs are heartless...hello, the woman is alive....humaniterean service of saving the life without seeing money 1st already rendered. Well...we can also be humane peeps...lets donate cash to settle her bills. Then we all we be humane!! Are we still in Nigeria??

6 Likes

Re: Lagos Hospital Chains Woman To Urinal Pipe Over Unpaid Bills by Kennydoc(m): 9:22pm On Sep 20, 2015
chocolateme:
Chai! Upon all their professionalism, (the newborn did notske it) yet forsaking the agonies of a mother who just lost her baby.
We understand that the hospital doesn't have to give her their services for free but using their humanitarian dispositions would have gone a long way got the two parties, her health matters too especially after a Caesarian session to prevent her dying on their hands due to ill treatment.
Pls what kind of CS amounts to almost 300k?
RIP to the infant.

The hospital bill came to 285k. It includes the cost of drugs, tests, bed fee for the number of night she was admitted, and other expenses, not just the CS alone.

I don't blame the management at all. My MD was telling me today of how our hospital is being currently owed over 5-10 million naira in 3 years. It's a Fertility hospital in Abuja, so many of our patients do IVF, and those that succeed may choose to continue antenatal with us. Some fail to pay up their bills after their course of treatment or surgery. Some owe up to 400k and other outrageous debts.

In some hospitals in Abuja, CS costs up to 1 million naira. In my centre, it's about 450k outside the drugs, lab tests, bed fee, nursing care, paediatrician's review etc. Most couples end up paying over 650k before discharge.
You're shouting about 200k for CS, are you aware that the hospital has doctors, nurses, lab scientists, pharmacists, admin staff, cleaners, security men etc who are on their payroll, and have to be well paid?
Where are they supposed to get money from, to pay all these staff?

We read a few days ago of a fashion designer (Elizade's daughter) that charges 700k for one clothing material. Musical artists and comedians charge millions per show of usually not more than 20 mins, yet it becomes a crime for a doctor to charge for his sweat after saving lives.
Some of you guys talk out of so much ignorance.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Hospital Chains Woman To Urinal Pipe Over Unpaid Bills by Nobody: 9:27pm On Sep 20, 2015
Flashh:
And where is her husband or relatives?

When I have my own private hospital I won't treat my patients this way.

BTW... They supposed to have planned for this already, 9 months is enough to fish for the bills.
life is not as easy as u think.
Re: Lagos Hospital Chains Woman To Urinal Pipe Over Unpaid Bills by kingthreat(m): 9:28pm On Sep 20, 2015
Close the greedy hospital down
Re: Lagos Hospital Chains Woman To Urinal Pipe Over Unpaid Bills by sukkot: 9:29pm On Sep 20, 2015
HenryDion:

where this one come from? Plz, am not here for kids like u. If you have nothing to type, read and push the back button.
lipsrsealed
Re: Lagos Hospital Chains Woman To Urinal Pipe Over Unpaid Bills by Nobody: 9:29pm On Sep 20, 2015
GodblessNig247:
Is rather unfortunate. They treated her badly. They are kamrapt and must be probed. God bless Big 247
kamrapt=
Re: Lagos Hospital Chains Woman To Urinal Pipe Over Unpaid Bills by Nobody: 9:36pm On Sep 20, 2015
MurphyG1:
If they dont have money, they should atleast get a guarantor who can stand for them and ensure the bills are paid within an agreed time period.

While the hospital should be understanding, the husband and wife should show willingness to pay.
...exactly! Which one is: 'will go borrow money to pay'? undecided. I'm yet to hear of a lending/finance house giving loan to offset bill talk more of hospital bill sad. And why, if I may ask, did they not go to a Govt. owned hospital for goodness' sake

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Hospital Chains Woman To Urinal Pipe Over Unpaid Bills by juman(m): 9:42pm On Sep 20, 2015
You see!

You see the type of country nigeria is.
Re: Lagos Hospital Chains Woman To Urinal Pipe Over Unpaid Bills by jhydebaba(m): 9:44pm On Sep 20, 2015
pet4ril:
where the said authorities the ones that equipped the hospital for them
"where" are u going to

Even at that, does it mean they should take laws into their hands?
Re: Lagos Hospital Chains Woman To Urinal Pipe Over Unpaid Bills by bmos(m): 9:46pm On Sep 20, 2015
Show us where she is chained to a pipe na
Re: Lagos Hospital Chains Woman To Urinal Pipe Over Unpaid Bills by Nobody: 9:49pm On Sep 20, 2015
Wicked Doctors we have in Nigeria! No compassion, just after the cash! They are not acting professional at all.
Re: Lagos Hospital Chains Woman To Urinal Pipe Over Unpaid Bills by pet4ril(f): 9:51pm On Sep 20, 2015
jhydebaba:
"where" are u going to

Even at that, does it mean they should take laws into their hands?
sorry for the mistake, understanding is the most important thing which am sure you did... they didn't kill the woman, they only did what they could do to get their money. do you know if the woman must have make an attempt to escape
Re: Lagos Hospital Chains Woman To Urinal Pipe Over Unpaid Bills by magicminister: 9:55pm On Sep 20, 2015
This is a simple lesson.

DONY GET A WOMAN PREGNANT IF YPU CANNOT HANDLE THE BILLS.
THAT IS THE HEIGHT OF IRRESPONSIBILITY.

DO YOU GUYS THINK THE HOSPITAL IS A CHARITY ORGANIZATION?
THEY FUFILLED THEIR OBLIGATION BY TREATING HER FIRST WITHOUT DOWN PAYMENT.

THEY WOMAN AND HER JOBLESS HUSBAND SHOULD FUFILL THEIRS.....

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Hospital Chains Woman To Urinal Pipe Over Unpaid Bills by jhydebaba(m): 9:55pm On Sep 20, 2015
pet4ril:
sorry for the mistake, understanding is the most important thing which am sure you did... they didn't kill the woman, they only did what they could do to get their money. do you know if the woman must have make an attempt to escape

Not again cry

Still does not justify the act.
Re: Lagos Hospital Chains Woman To Urinal Pipe Over Unpaid Bills by Nobody: 10:00pm On Sep 20, 2015
Report to the police.
Re: Lagos Hospital Chains Woman To Urinal Pipe Over Unpaid Bills by Abbeyme: 10:10pm On Sep 20, 2015
Kennydoc:

The hospital bill came to 285k. It includes the cost of drugs, tests, bed fee for the number of night she was admitted, and other expenses, not just the CS alone.

I don't blame the management at all. My MD was telling me today of how our hospital is being currently owed over 5-10 million naira in 3 years. It's a Fertility hospital in Abuja, so many of our patients do IVF, and those that succeed may choose to continue antenatal with us. Some fail to pay up their bills after their course of treatment or surgery. Some owe up to 400k and other outrageous debts.

In some hospitals in Abuja, CS costs up to 1 million naira. In my centre, it's about 450k outside the drugs, lab tests, bed fee, nursing care, paediatrician's review etc. Most couples end up paying over 650k before discharge.
You're shouting about 200k for CS, are you aware that the hospital has doctors, nurses, lab scientists, pharmacists, admin staff, cleaners, security men etc who are on their payroll, and have to be well paid?
Where are they supposed to get money from, to pay all these staff?

We read a few days ago of a fashion designer (Elizade's daughter) that charges 700k for one clothing material. Musical artists and comedians charge millions per show of usually not more than 20 mins, yet it becomes a crime for a doctor to charge for his sweat after saving lives.
Some of you guys talk out of so much ignorance.

My thoughts.

Even in General Hospitals, you can't be discharged until u pay. Abi how can u owe government?

To me, the Samaria Hospital is gracious to give complete service before payment. The couple didn't tell us if the baby was evacuated from the woman's womb, hence the CS.

Just in a bid to gather people's emotions towards sympathy they tell their own side of the story. The hospital's side is coming soon.

Family members, neighbors, Church/mosque bethren can all choose to help since 12th August. Haba.

Suddenly, the man is jobless when the deed is already done. Am not blaming the couples per se, but he that comes to equity must do so with clean hands.... They should tell the whole truth... Then help would definitely come....

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Dangers Of Using Clobetasol Skin Bleaching Creams ! / Why Are More Married Women In Nigeria Becoming Addicted To The Drug Codeine / How I Extracted My Damaged Tooth (graphics Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.