Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,219 members, 7,815,262 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:50 AM

Why The CCB And CCT Are Wrong In Saraki's Case - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why The CCB And CCT Are Wrong In Saraki's Case (4564 Views)

PHOTO - Who Was This Senator Reporting To Buhari In Saraki's Presence? / CCT Trial: Fresh Cracks In Saraki’s Camp / Fear In Saraki’s Camp As Dino Melaye, Other Senators Keep Silent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why The CCB And CCT Are Wrong In Saraki's Case by blaksmith: 8:44pm On Sep 20, 2015
Without jumping into the toxic and predominantly misguided debate on Senator Saraki's asset declaration case, the analysis below shows why Saraki really shouldn't be summoned at the Code of Conduct Tribunal at this pioint.

I will begin with a few facts so that unnecessary attacks and comments do not come my way.

1. The CCB has the power and authority to verify assets.
2. The CCT has the power to investigate complaints based on evidence provided to it and conduct a trial of the public officer accused.
3. The CCT has the power to cause/summon an accused person to be brought before it, subject to certain condition precedents being met
4. There is a laid down process to be followed by the CCB before the Tribunal can come into effect

Now I begin:

Before any complaint is forwarded to the Tribunal, the Bureau must fulfill/follow the procedure as stipulated in S.3d of the Act, read in conjunction with the proviso below it.

S3. Functions of the Bureau  
The functions of the Bureau shall be to‐  
(a) receive assets declarations by public officers in accordance with the provisions of this Act;  
(b) examine the assets declarations and ensure that they comply with the requirements of this Act and  of any law for the time being in force;  
(c) take and retain custody of such assets declarations; and  
(d) receive complaints about non‐compliance with or breach of this Act and where the Bureau considers  it necessary to do so, refer such complaints to the Code of Conduct Tribunal established by section 20 of  this Act in accordance with the provisions of sections 20 to 25 of this Act:  

Provided that where the person concerned makes a written admission of such breach or noncompliance, no reference to the 
Tribunal shall be necessary

Little explanation: where a proviso is included in a section, whatever is stated in that section is subject to the proviso. In other words, the proviso becomes a condition precedent which must be performed before effect can be given to the actual provision of the section.

This process is that the public officer against whom a complaint is made regarding a breach of the Act must b given the opportunity to either deny or admit the wrongdoing under Act. It is only in the event that the public officer denies the complaint that the complaint can be referred to the the Tribunal. Thus, where there is an admission of the complaint, there is no need to involve the Tribunal. Without fulfillment of this procedure, which is a condition precedent, the powers of the Tribunal to carry out its duties cannot come into effect. The implication is that every action of the Tribunal so far is based on a serious abuse of procedure and is thus null and void ab initio. Senator Saraki should not be facing the Tribunal because he was never given the opportunity to deny or admit the alleged wrongdoing. This is also a breach of his constitutional right to fair hearing and as envisaged in that section of the Act.

Based on the above, the Bureau and Tribunal have committed a gross act of procedural error which will destroy their entire case. You cannot build something on nothing and expect it to stand. The courts do not take lighting on breaches of right to fair hearing especially by administrative tribunals, and where such a right to fair hearing is in itself a condition precedent, the courts will not hesitate to grant an order voiding all actions made subsequent to the illegal act.

This is my simple piece. I have intentionally ignored every other thing such as the summons for him to appear, the warrant of arrest, the issue of superior and inferior courts or less polite terms, whose penile extension is bigger...They are irrelevant against the backdrop of procedural error of this magnitude based on the condition precedent that gives the Tribunal its teeth to bite. For now, both the Bureau and Tribunal are barking dogs that have lost their teeth in this case. Like empty barrels, they make the loudest noise.

This is my submission and closing address.

4 Likes

Re: Why The CCB And CCT Are Wrong In Saraki's Case by veacea: 8:45pm On Sep 20, 2015
Issokai
Re: Why The CCB And CCT Are Wrong In Saraki's Case by saintopus(m): 8:51pm On Sep 20, 2015
I see a possibility of Saraki fighting back. I see Saraki becoming more popular at the end of the day
Re: Why The CCB And CCT Are Wrong In Saraki's Case by Baawaa(m): 8:54pm On Sep 20, 2015
Lawyer Agbabiaka,you and Saraki will end up in prison grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

10 Likes

Re: Why The CCB And CCT Are Wrong In Saraki's Case by benzylas(m): 8:56pm On Sep 20, 2015
For me saraki will bounce Back
Re: Why The CCB And CCT Are Wrong In Saraki's Case by TGM2015: 9:12pm On Sep 20, 2015
Please, do you even know the process of asset declaration by CCB. Because it was once on the news on Buhari/Osinbajo assets declaration that they need their presence to clarify some issues before admitting it to be final document.

Before, the Asset Declaration form is finally file and becomes legal documents the public officer and the CCB officials will have agreed on the worth and presence of the assets.

Maybe you will need to check the allegations again. He declared an asset that he bought many years later, meaning he over declared his assets and the document tendered as evidence of ownership as at the time of declaration must have been forged. He also do not declare some assets and accounts running to billion of naira in both naira and hard currencies. I knew no matter how rich you are, you actually will not forget how many active accounts you are running.

It was in the beam light of current political power struggle of who has control of what that led to those who are against him to furnish the CCB with evidence against his past records. Also we should remember he must have submitted another asset declaration form recently, which must have been checked against the previous ones he declared. Thus, if there is discrepancies or grey areas in term of the total worth or backup evidence/documents, the CCB investigate and obtain independent evidence to support or against the claims.

Though the current case against Saraki left, right and center might have been influenced because of the political struggle but we should also remember that the current activities of these anti graft are a normal course of action because they feels that the current administration will give them free hands to perform their Constitutional duties without interference unlike PDP led government that tactical dismiss Ribadu from EFCC when he bend on prosecuting all government with evidence of corruption 100% of which are Ex PDP governors and Sanusi when he bend in exposing the level of no remittance of crude oil proceed to the national coffer. Imagine an agency that collect tax on crude oil remitting times three of what the crude oil seller(NNPC) is remitting.

It is only a witch that will think he is being hunted. If though doest good. ... ... (a word to Cain by God when killed his brother Abel)

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why The CCB And CCT Are Wrong In Saraki's Case by seunmsg(m): 9:13pm On Sep 20, 2015
So let's assume your submission is 100% correct, don't you think the best thing for Saraki to do is to appear first before the CCT, argue his case that there was a procedural error in the process leading to his arraignment and ask the CCT chairman to dismiss the case. Why is he trying to use the FHC to stop the CCT from hearing the case when he can easily appeal the decision of the CCT at the FCA if it refused to dismiss the case?

8 Likes

Re: Why The CCB And CCT Are Wrong In Saraki's Case by okpamson15(m): 9:43pm On Sep 20, 2015
How i wish you wil be the lawyer on this man side 2moro but...
Re: Why The CCB And CCT Are Wrong In Saraki's Case by superstar1(m): 9:50pm On Sep 20, 2015
Do you even know what you are talking about?

What exactly do you think is CCB grudges against Saraki?

Start from there. That will show whether you understand the matter or not.

If you are Saraki's lawyer, then be rest assured he will be sentenced to 201years of hard labour in Kirikiri.

4 Likes

Re: Why The CCB And CCT Are Wrong In Saraki's Case by dialfa: 9:57pm On Sep 20, 2015
TGM2015:
Please, do you even know the process of asset declaration by CCB. Because it was once on the news on Buhari/Osinbajo assets declaration that they need their presence to clarify some issues before admitting it to be final document.

Before, the Asset Declaration form is finally file and becomes legal documents the public officer and the CCB officials will have agreed on the worth and presence of the assets.

Maybe you will need to check the allegations again. He declared an asset that he bought many years later, meaning he over declared his assets and the document tendered as evidence of ownership as at the time of declaration must have been forged. He also do not declare some assets and accounts running to billion of naira in both naira and hard currencies. I knew no matter how rich you are, you actually will not forget how many active accounts you are running.

It was in the beam light of current political power struggle of who has control of what that led to those who are against him to furnish the CCB with evidence against his past records. Also we should remember he must have submitted another asset declaration form recently, which must have been checked against the previous ones he declared. Thus, if there is discrepancies or grey areas in term of the total worth or backup evidence/documents, the CCB investigate and obtain independent evidence to support or against the claims.

Though the current case against Saraki left, right and center might have been influenced because of the political struggle but we should also remember that the current activities of these anti graft are a normal course of action because they feels that the current administration will give them free hands to perform their Constitutional duties without interference unlike PDP led government that tactical dismiss Ribadu from EFCC when he bend on prosecuting all government with evidence of corruption 100% of which are Ex PDP governors and Sanusi when he bend in exposing the level of no remittance of crude oil proceed to the national coffer. Imagine an agency that collect tax on crude oil remitting times three of what the crude oil seller(NNPC) is remitting.

It is only a witch that will think he is being hunted. If though doest good. ... ... (a word to Cain by God when killed his brother Abel)

you have not addressed the point raised by the op
the issue here is not whether saraki is guilty or not but that due process must be followed
Re: Why The CCB And CCT Are Wrong In Saraki's Case by blaksmith: 9:57pm On Sep 20, 2015
TGM2015:

I know the process of Asset Declaration. I have read the Code of Conduct Bureau and Tribunal Act. You have missed the entire point of my submission. In simpler terms, this is the process:
1. Declaration of Asset via the prescribed Form
2. CCB receives Form and begins process of verification
3. If during verification the CCB discovers any anomaly, or what may be a breach of the provisions of the Act, with respect to the contents of the Asset form, they must contact the Public Officer in question bringing it to his attention and giving him the opportunity to either deny or admit in writing that there is an anomaly in his form that constitutes a breach.
4.If he admits in writing, the matter ends at the CCB as the public officer will be required to correct the error/breach. It cannot/would not/should not be referred to the Tribunal because there is a written admission of the error/breach and such error/breach has been corrected.
5. If he denies in writing, the CCB may then refer the matter to the Tribunal for further investigation. Where the Tribunal has evidence supporting that a breach occurred, it will then issue a summons for the public officer (now an accused person) to appear before it. Attached to the Summons will be copies of the evidence proving the breach. This is also to enable the accused public officer prepare sufficiently, his defence.

The entirety of points 3, 4 and 5 are to protect the fundamental right to fair hearing.

I am glad you made reference to Buhari/Osinbajo being contacted to clarify some issues. Might I add that the CCB did embark on verification of Senator Saraki's 2003 and 2007 declarations. They however never contacted him that they identified an issue with his declarations...then suddenly 8-12 years later he is being charged to the Tribunal on charges pertaining to declarations that were verified previously. If suddenly they had problems with declarations they had initially verified, then they should have requested him to come in person to clarify...

I hope you understand this simpler breakdown.

1 Like

Re: Why The CCB And CCT Are Wrong In Saraki's Case by dialfa: 10:01pm On Sep 20, 2015
seunmsg:
So let's assume your submission is 100% correct, don't you think the best thing for Saraki to do is to appear first before the CCT, argue his case that there was a procedural error in the process leading to his arraignment and ask the CCT chairman to dismiss the case. Why is he trying to use the FHC to stop the CCT from hearing the case when he can easily appeal the decision of the CCT at the FCA if it refused to dismiss the case?

you don't assume
he's either correct or he's not
what saraki did, might have done or didn't do is not the issue
Re: Why The CCB And CCT Are Wrong In Saraki's Case by blaksmith: 10:08pm On Sep 20, 2015
superstar1:
Do you even know what you are talking about?

What exactly do you think is CCB grudges against Saraki?

Start from there. That will show whether you understand the matter or not.

If you are Saraki's lawyer, then be rest assured he will be sentenced to 201years of hard labour in Kirikiri.

I believe I know what i am talking about otherwise I will not have made my submissions in such plain terms based on the provisions of the Code of Conduct Bureau and Tribunal Act.

Even if I start from the 'grudges' the CCB has against Saraki, I cannot proceed anywhere (the Tribunal) if the procedure stipulated in the Act is not followed. That is the entire point...CCB and CCT disregarded the process their Act stipulated for them to follow. On that ground, the case against Saraki is flawed.

1 Like

Re: Why The CCB And CCT Are Wrong In Saraki's Case by ibedun: 10:09pm On Sep 20, 2015
For Saraki to survive he must be completely exonerated. Scaling through on technicalities (defective procedures) will not remove the essence of the case and public perception of it - which is corruption and criminality.

The moral burden is weightly and there is no other option but to remove and jail the follow.

3 Likes

Re: Why The CCB And CCT Are Wrong In Saraki's Case by blaksmith: 10:30pm On Sep 20, 2015
ibedun:
For Saraki to survive he must be completely exonerated. Scaling through on technicalities (defective procedures) will not remove the essence of the case and public perception of it - which is corruption and criminality.

The moral burden is weightly and there is no other option but to remove and jail the follow.

I agree for complete exoneration. However, I will speak from a legal perspective first and before that of a moral perspective. Morality will not get anyone a win in court. Nevertheless, I can bet you all that through the course of the week, Saraki will respond to every single charge brought against him by the CCT even though the case at the CCT will be thrown out.

The Senate President has always declared his assets before and after the tenure of his various offices. Each time they have been verified. In fact, it is quite shocking that they have not attempted to verify his 2015 declaration which is what pertains directly to his current position as Senate President. I can sit and argue the illogicality of the actions of the CCB and CCT. Raising dust over 2003 and 2007 declarations tied to offices and tenures that have expired. It amounts to a travesty their attempt to use past declarations for his current position. Any issues shoul darise from his 2015 declaration if they are trying to get him out of office.

1 Like

Re: Why The CCB And CCT Are Wrong In Saraki's Case by ayindejimmy(m): 10:45pm On Sep 20, 2015
Saraki swore under oath that the information in the document is the truth.
Now, if the CCB uncover the contrary, should it still be oblige to call his attention to the obscurity?

Bearing in mind that Saraki had sworn to the authenticity of the information provided.

I just need to be enlightened in this area

5 Likes

Re: Why The CCB And CCT Are Wrong In Saraki's Case by ayindejimmy(m): 10:50pm On Sep 20, 2015
blaksmith:

I believe I know what i am talking about otherwise I will not have made my submissions in such plain terms based on the provisions of the Code of Conduct Bureau and Tribunal Act.

Even if I start from the 'grudges' the CCB has against Saraki, I cannot proceed anywhere (the Tribunal) if the procedure stipulated in the Act is not followed. That is the entire point...CCB and CCT disregarded the process their Act stipulated for them to follow. On that ground, the case against Saraki is flawed.

Now, if the CCB uncover the contrary, should it still be oblige to call his attention to the obscurity?
Bearing in mind that Saraki had sworn to the authenticity of the information provided.

3 Likes

Re: Why The CCB And CCT Are Wrong In Saraki's Case by adaweezy(m): 10:56pm On Sep 20, 2015
blaksmith:

I know the process of Asset Declaration. I have read the Code of Conduct Bureau and Tribunal Act. You have missed the entire point of my submission. In simpler terms, this is the process:
3. If during verification the CCB discovers any anomaly, or what may be a breach of the provisions of the Act, with respect to the contents of the Asset form, they must contact the Public Officer in question bringing it to his attention and giving him the opportunity to either deny or admit in writing that there is an anomaly in his form that constitutes a breach.
4.If he admits in writing, the matter ends at the CCB as the public officer will be required to correct the error/breach. It cannot/would not/should not be referred to the Tribunal because there is a written admission of the error/breach and such error/breach has been corrected.
5. If he denies in writing, the CCB may then refer the matter to the Tribunal for further investigation. Where the Tribunal has evidence supporting that a breach occurred, it will then issue a summons for the public officer (now an accused person) to appear before it. Attached to the Summons will be copies of the evidence proving the breach. This is also to enable the accused public officer prepare sufficiently, his defence.
The entirety of points 3, 4 and 5 are to protect the fundamental right to fair hearing.
I am glad you made reference to Buhari/Osinbajo being contacted to clarify some issues. Might I add that the CCB did embark on verification of Senator Saraki's 2003 and 2007 declarations. They however never contacted him that they identified an issue with his declarations...then suddenly 8-12 years later he is being charged to the Tribunal on charges pertaining to declarations that were verified previously. If suddenly they had problems with declarations they had initially verified, then they should have requested him to come in person to clarify...

very very weak premise
So the nigerian law creates a statute of limitation that bars saraki from being investigated ?
besides Saraki has 13 charges against him not just 1-4 charges ..................

7 Likes

Re: Why The CCB And CCT Are Wrong In Saraki's Case by Ola17: 11:34pm On Sep 20, 2015
The judges has already been given a mandate to convict Saraki.
Re: Why The CCB And CCT Are Wrong In Saraki's Case by blaksmith: 1:25am On Sep 21, 2015
ayindejimmy:

Yes they are obliged to call his attention to any perceived breach or non-compliance. That is what the proviso to S 3 of the Act, read in conjunction with S.3(d) envisages.
Re: Why The CCB And CCT Are Wrong In Saraki's Case by blaksmith: 1:35am On Sep 21, 2015
adaweezy:

very very weak premise
So the nigerian law creates a statute of limitation that bars saraki from being investigated ?
besides Saraki has 13 charges against him not just 1-4 charges ..................

No, I am not implying that...the statute of limitation is of no relevance here.

I am saying that from a logical perspective, it should be the 2015 declaration that should be used for his current position

And you conveniently ignored the procedure I detailed in response to your first comment and jumped to attacking what i would term as a side comment made at the end of my post. Also, I have not made mention of any of the charges so I wonder why you have the impression I said 4 charges. i know he has 13 charges levied against him. I have read them. Until proven they remain allegations and are not facts, hence why I steered clear of discussing them
Re: Why The CCB And CCT Are Wrong In Saraki's Case by Dannyset(m): 1:43am On Sep 21, 2015
So NL don dey award people SAN and I nor know? This guy really know law ooo, even pass the lawyers wey Saraki put together.
Wonders shall never finish! People funny. Yeye point.
Re: Why The CCB And CCT Are Wrong In Saraki's Case by paabakp: 2:01am On Sep 21, 2015
Blacksmith, nice write up.
my questions are,

Was Saraki notified about the discrepancies?

Is there any stipulated time for response to any CCB allegation?

If he was notified and he refuses to respond to CCB what is the next move?

Did Saraki not go air to deny all CCB allegations?

Is that admissible in court?

2 Likes

Re: Why The CCB And CCT Are Wrong In Saraki's Case by seunmsg(m): 5:50am On Sep 21, 2015
blaksmith:

Oga, I asked you earlier and I will ask you again, don't you think the best thing for Saraki to do is to appear first before the CCT, argue his case that there was a procedural error in the process leading to his arraignment and ask the CCT chairman to dismiss the case? Why is he trying to use the FHC to stop the CCT from hearing the case when he can easily appeal the decision of the CCT at the FCA if it refused to dismiss the case?

I want to believe you are a lawyer, if you want to challenge the competency of a suit, are you not supposed to go and argue your case before the same court that you have been sued? Once he appears before the CCT, let him make all this argument that you are making and let the tribunal decide. If he's not satisfied with the decision, let him appeal to the FCA. That's the simple procedure. What Saraki is trying to do at the FHC is a clear abuse of court process and am very sure FHC judge hearing the matter will not allow himself to be used to disrupt a valid legal process.

3 Likes

Re: Why The CCB And CCT Are Wrong In Saraki's Case by dammytosh: 6:14am On Sep 21, 2015
Oya send your account number.

Saraki can now go Scott free. ccb, cnn etc are wrong.

Thief

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why The CCB And CCT Are Wrong In Saraki's Case by TGM2015: 6:27am On Sep 21, 2015
blaksmith:

How sure are you that he was not giving fair hearing then?
Did you realize the difference between false declaration backed with evidence of ownership and true declaration with errors in worth of the assets?
Did you realised that Saraki must have recently submitted another Asset Declaration form that CCB will compared with the previous?
How are you sure the CCB hasn't contact Saraki for clarification in a tactical manner noting it will be unprofessional for CCB to directly allow him to know he made false declaration?
How are you that Saraki made recent declaration forgetting the content of his previous asset declaration?
Has Saraki acknowledged that the process you highlighted hasn't been followed?
Even if yes, CCT is an avenue to clear himself. I which you get a copy of the 13 count charges and determined if the false declaration was intentional made or not.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why The CCB And CCT Are Wrong In Saraki's Case by spenca: 6:34am On Sep 21, 2015
You have come to give krech deductions , before you draw your conclusion in this half baked analysis why don't you state the "precedents" that ought to be followed and where they have erred rather than concluded on illusionary premises

1 Like

Re: Why The CCB And CCT Are Wrong In Saraki's Case by wirinet(m): 7:14am On Sep 21, 2015
blaksmith:

You lawyers sometimes do more harm to your clients than good. Why would a lawyer advice his client not to appear in court to clear his name but instead attempt to stop a trial using another court?

You are obviously missing the crux of the allegations against Senator Saraki, he was not being investigated for an ongoing asset declaration process, he is being accused of declaring wrong assets using forged documents and false information. In effect he is being accused of deceit, forgery and perjury. What you are describing is discrepancies in the asset declaration form during verification by CCB.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why The CCB And CCT Are Wrong In Saraki's Case by blaksmith: 7:14am On Sep 21, 2015
spenca:
You have come to give krech deductions , before you draw your conclusion in this half baked analysis why don't you state the "precedents" that ought to be followed and where they have erred rather than concluded on illusionary premises

I don't quite understand what you mean by illusionary premise. What precedents are you expecting me to state? I have clearly stated the procedure as provided by the Code of Conduct Bureau and Tribunal Act...I did not pull it out of my arse. Read through some of the subsequent responses to other posters. The procedure is clearly stated.

If there is an aspect of my analysis you do not understand, I will gladly break it down further as best as I can.
Re: Why The CCB And CCT Are Wrong In Saraki's Case by blaksmith: 7:24am On Sep 21, 2015
wirinet:

You lawyers sometimes do more harm to your clients than good. Why would a lawyer advice his client not to appear in court to clear his name but instead attempt to stop a trial using another court?

You are obviously missing the crux of the allegations against Senator Saraki, he was not being investigated for an ongoing asset declaration process, he is being accused of declaring wrong assets using forged documents and false information. In effect he is being accused of deceit, forgery and perjury. What you are describing is discrepancies in the asset declaration form during verification by CCB.

You clearly don't understand the basis of my analysis. I am not addressing the charges, neither am I addressing discrepancies in the asset declaration process. I am addressing an abuse of procedure by the Bureau in the bringing the case to the Tribunal; before a case can be forwarded to the Tribunal, irrespective of what the charges are, certain conditions precedent must be met. I explained what these conditions are in my original post. If that due process is not followed, then whatever cases are brought before the Tribunal will easily be thrown out by a superior court of record or on appeal of to the Court of Appeal. (The issue of whether the Federal High Court is superior to the Tribunal is another discussion but based on the explicit provisions of the Constitution in S.6, my views are in favour of the Federal High Court)

Also, the question of whether the charges against him are true or false is another matter entirely. I am addressing procedural law. However, this week will see a detailed response by Saraki's team of lawyers to the charges...of that I am pretty certain.
Re: Why The CCB And CCT Are Wrong In Saraki's Case by blaksmith: 7:34am On Sep 21, 2015
paabakp:
Blacksmith, nice write up.
my questions are,

Was Saraki notified about the discrepancies?

Is there any stipulated time for response to any CCB allegation?

If he was notified and he refuses to respond to CCB what is the next move?

Did Saraki not go air to deny all CCB allegations?

Is that admissible in court?

Answers to your questions

1. No he was not notified of the alleged discrepancies. In fact, he only became aware of the charges against me on the internet and he was not served the processes until a day before the Tribunal date.
2. There is no specific time period within which to respond to CCB request for clarifications. However it is expected that the CCB itself will state a reasonable time period within which the public officer should respond
3. If the public officer refuses to respond, then the CCB may refer the matter to the Tribunal
4. Saraki, through his media team i believe, denied the charges
5. Admissibility of evidence is a not a straightforward thing in law I will admit. So i will rather not give an answer on this question grin lipsrsealed

Re: Why The CCB And CCT Are Wrong In Saraki's Case by fulanimafia: 7:42am On Sep 21, 2015
Section 3(d) which your entire argument is based on, says nothing about admittance or denial by the person declaring after complaints are received.

blaksmith:

(d) receive complaints about non‐compliance with or breach of this Act and where the Bureau considers  it necessary to do so, refer such complaints to the Code of Conduct Tribunal established by section 20 of  this Act in accordance with the provisions of sections 20 to 25 of this Act:  

Provided that where the person concerned makes a written admission of such breach or noncompliance, no reference to the 
Tribunal shall be necessary

That part in red is not part of the provisions, the subsection only states that a function of the board is to receive complaints which can then be forwarded to the CCT, which has obviously been done. By the way, it's subsection (e) not (d).

You are interpreting the subsection to suit your argument. Saraki was appropriately summoned and charged, and he will be severely punished if he fails to defend the allegations of corruption among others.

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Shameless Act Of Ikwerre Fathers Towards Igbos / Ways To Build Up Igbo Land/Region. / Peter Obi VS Raji Fashoa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 136
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.