Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,735 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:30 PM

Can You Date A Grown Ass Man That Doesn't Drive? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can You Date A Grown Ass Man That Doesn't Drive? (6658 Views)

Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy Who Doesn't Drive A Maybach? / Five Ways To Tell If A Girl Has Grown To Being A Lady. / Photos: Guys Can You Date This Beatiful Damsel? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Date A Grown Ass Man That Doesn't Drive? by Epi: 3:50am On Apr 15, 2009
Ladies

Can you date a man in his late twenties that doesn't drive and has no drivers licence? Personally, it's a turn-off for me. I see the guy as LAZY and UNROMANTIC, seriously grin
Re: Can You Date A Grown Ass Man That Doesn't Drive? by platinumnk(f): 3:51am On Apr 15, 2009
he doesnt drive or cant??

Did u ask him y?
Re: Can You Date A Grown Ass Man That Doesn't Drive? by Nobody: 3:58am On Apr 15, 2009
What does driving have to do with romance?

If it's so important to you, why don't you just teach him how to drive? undecided
Re: Can You Date A Grown Ass Man That Doesn't Drive? by Epi: 4:16am On Apr 15, 2009
platinumnk:

he doesnt drive or cant??

Did u ask him y?

It's a general question. Let's say he can't drive, does it say something about the man himself.
Re: Can You Date A Grown Ass Man That Doesn't Drive? by nguage(m): 4:24am On Apr 15, 2009
What's the difference between a grown man and a grown ass man?
Re: Can You Date A Grown Ass Man That Doesn't Drive? by platinumnk(f): 4:26am On Apr 15, 2009
well, unless he refuses 2 learn i wont hold it against him, he can have me in the car as a reward when he gets his license  grin grin grin grin grin

he will get it  in less than 2 days~~
Re: Can You Date A Grown Ass Man That Doesn't Drive? by Epi: 4:37am On Apr 15, 2009
n-guage:

What's the difference between a grown man and a grown ass man?
I am not sure Sir, it's an expression i hear my mom use. Maybe the ass is use to give emphasis or stress undecided
Re: Can You Date A Grown Ass Man That Doesn't Drive? by nguage(m): 4:40am On Apr 15, 2009
epi:

I am not sure Sir, it's an expression i hear my mom use.  Maybe the ass is use to give emphasis or stress undecided

Oh! I see. I was apparently wrong, I thought teenagers said grown ass while grown people just say grown.
Re: Can You Date A Grown Ass Man That Doesn't Drive? by biina: 6:47am On Apr 15, 2009
@poster
Some people don't drive because they feel their reflexes and/or coordination are not good enough to drive safely. Personally, I prefer them to some morons one sees on the roads.
BTW, why the gender specificity? Shouldn't same be applicable to ladies?
Re: Can You Date A Grown Ass Man That Doesn't Drive? by SeanT21(f): 6:48am On Apr 15, 2009
epi:

Ladies

Can you date a man in his late twenties that doesn't drive and has no drivers licence? Personally, it's a turn-off for me. I see the guy as LAZY and UNROMANTIC, seriously grin

My mothers cousin is in her late 30s and does not have a drivers license.It depends on where U live.Many Liberians don't even drive nor have a driver license.New Yorkers are also a prime example.There are other ways of transportation  in NYC so a driver license is not a priority for most.Not having a driver license does not deem a person lazy or unromantic.Its their personal choice.

1 Like

Re: Can You Date A Grown Ass Man That Doesn't Drive? by Druss(m): 7:47am On Apr 15, 2009
Not driving = what? He can get a driver cant he?
Re: Can You Date A Grown Ass Man That Doesn't Drive? by Hollysmile: 9:22am On Apr 15, 2009
@epi, do you realise you're de grown ass fool here?
Must everybody know how 2drive?
Must everybody own a car?
Must everybody be rich?
Must everybody be romantic to you?
O.k! Check it!
Can u date a grown ass fool (irrespective of de gender) who can't fly a chopper/plane? How do you like it?
Punk ass thread!

1 Like

Re: Can You Date A Grown Ass Man That Doesn't Drive? by Nobody: 9:45am On Apr 15, 2009
ive spent the last few weeks in london and noticed something interesting.

there's something interesting about taking cab. . . . . . .black cab i mean. i cant quite place my hand on it.
i know people who take cabs to clubs, restaurant, parties etc etc partly  because they cant drive and these are people who have proper jobs.

personally, i hate driving especially in london even though i own a car. its the train or the cab for me. and if thats cheap, unromantic and lazy then i wonder why my girl friend is still with me.

epi, i hope you know you got this wrong.
Re: Can You Date A Grown Ass Man That Doesn't Drive? by ogazi007(m): 9:49am On Apr 15, 2009
@poster.
i guess this is what u wanted to say:"ladies can u date a grown up guy that doesnot have a car?."
pls if the grown up ass man can afford a car but cant drive,would u still find such a guy romantic?
i laugh in my native language, u reasoned like my EX,

1 Like

Re: Can You Date A Grown Ass Man That Doesn't Drive? by IFELEKE(m): 9:53am On Apr 15, 2009
epi:

Ladies

*Toyinrayo:

What does driving have to do with romance?

If it's so important to you, why don't you just teach him how to drive? undecided

SeanT21:

My mothers cousin is in her late 30s and does not have a drivers license.It depends on where U live.Many Liberians don't even drive nor have a driver license.New Yorkers are also a prime example.There are other ways of transportation  in NYC so a driver license is not a priority for most.Not having a driver license does not deem a person lazy or unromantic.Its their personal choice.

Some People will never cease to amaze with their vain materialistic tendencies.
@Poster
You are part of the reason why some guys believe ladies are after material comforts.
For Shame!
Re: Can You Date A Grown Ass Man That Doesn't Drive? by Chopmoney2(m): 10:05am On Apr 15, 2009
I wil advice u to think b4 posting any junk thread. Good luck tongue
Re: Can You Date A Grown Ass Man That Doesn't Drive? by saintneo(m): 10:11am On Apr 15, 2009
@poster
Please go to d motorparks; I think U'ld meet ur mates there. Let me guess U find d Conductors and Agboros ROMANTIC!
Re: Can You Date A Grown Ass Man That Doesn't Drive? by Epi: 11:27am On Apr 15, 2009
Let me address the grown ass MATURE folks who responded like ADULTS first.  I'll adress the kids later on who loves to turn thread  from plural to singular. . . .err you, me, I, he, she, her, him.

@SeanT/IBO

Yes, you are correct folks (including me) here in NYC take the subway and cab but have their drivers licence, this I see as a choice.  In this day and age it's imperative for one to have a drivers licence even if you don't have a car.  I am not sure why some folks turn this into a rich/poor conversation because I know plenty "poor" folks with drivers licence.  They may not have a car but they have a licence.

It's like this, my cousin is aware that the guy (29 yrs) don't have a car but when she asked him to drive on their first date, his response was " I can't drive and I don't have a licence". Jokinly she said "let's spend our date by me teaching you how to drive"  his response "I don't want to I am afraid undecided

heading to crooklyn now.  whisper a prayer for me b/c i was up all night so pray I don't fall asleep behind the wheels

Much love
Re: Can You Date A Grown Ass Man That Doesn't Drive? by joxiri: 12:36pm On Apr 15, 2009
@ epi you have centered your thread to the wrong crowd, I think, I understand where you are coming from concerning, driving, because it is a big deal over here in the uk as well, because it is a sign of intense maturity when u have a pink license as opposed to a green provivional, yeah pink,
but its not that a big deal in nigeria because you can even have a driver, theres more to life than driving and hence why you have felt the brunt of some posters.
I would say you should encourage the guy to drive and if he doe not want to then you leave it
Re: Can You Date A Grown Ass Man That Doesn't Drive? by cibilola(f): 12:49pm On Apr 15, 2009
joxiri:

@ epi you have centered your thread to the wrong crowd, I think, I understand where you are coming from concerning, driving, because it is a big deal over here in the uk as well, because it is a sign of intense maturity when u have a pink license as opposed to a green provivional, yeah pink,
but its not that a big deal in nigeria because you can even have a driver, theres more to life than driving and hence why you have felt the brunt of some posters.
I would say you should encourage the guy to drive and if he doe not want to then you leave it

@ joxiri, i actually don't think it is that important for a guy you are dating in the UK to own a car. This is because there are good transport links and all that. Some ppl even find it more romantic going on the tube with their partners so that they can do all the lovey dovey things on the escalators.

However in Nigeria, the guy should have a car, (be it driven personally or having a driver). Otherwise, if he is going on a date with his girl, will they have to jump from one danfo to the other? use okada (motorbike)? or kabu-kabu (yellow cab) i seriously think not! shocked shocked shocked

Even if the guy is seriously loaded with ego (cash, owo) or not, the minimum requirement in Nigeria is that he should have a car wink smiley
Re: Can You Date A Grown Ass Man That Doesn't Drive? by joxiri: 12:55pm On Apr 15, 2009
@Cibilola, i didnt say it was important for dating a guy, but it is a "sign of maturity"
Re: Can You Date A Grown Ass Man That Doesn't Drive? by cibilola(f): 1:02pm On Apr 15, 2009
joxiri:

@Cibilola, i didnt say it was important for dating a guy, but it is a "sign of maturity"

it is not a sign of maturity ooo!!! every tom, dick and harry drives a car nowadays! sad sad
Re: Can You Date A Grown Ass Man That Doesn't Drive? by cibilola(f): 1:12pm On Apr 15, 2009
cibilola:

it is not a sign of maturity ooo!!! every tom, privates and harry drives a car nowadays! sad sad

privates was meant to be d*ck, not in a nasty way ofcourse,
Re: Can You Date A Grown Ass Man That Doesn't Drive? by tpia: 1:51pm On Apr 15, 2009
Re: Can You Date A Grown Ass Man That Doesn't Drive? by cibilola(f): 1:55pm On Apr 15, 2009
hmmmm, it really could be a psychological issue. i didnt give that a thought lipsrsealed
Re: Can You Date A Grown Ass Man That Doesn't Drive? by platinumnk(f): 4:03am On Apr 16, 2009
epi - you will never find a correct answer here,
for one (like in the us) not having a license can be a big sign of irresponsibilty, I was waiting in line at the dmv at 16!
but in 9ja where transportation is not so much of a big deal, if i met a guy who didnt know how to drive because he didnt have to then I would hold it against him, but I would encourage him to and if he was afraid to then there are bigger issues at hand than he just driving .
Re: Can You Date A Grown Ass Man That Doesn't Drive? by Epi: 6:24am On Apr 16, 2009
joxiri:

platinumnk:

epi - you will never find a correct answer here,
for one (like in the us) not having a license can be a big sign of irresponsibilty, I was waiting in line at the dmv at 16!
but in 9ja where transportation is not so much of a big deal, if i met a guy who didnt know how to drive because he didnt have to then I would hold it against him, but I would encourage him to and if he was afraid to then there are bigger issues at hand than he just driving .
cibilola:

@ joxiri, i actually don't think it is that important for a guy you are dating in the UK to own a car. This is because there are good transport links and all that. Some ppl even find it more romantic going on the tube with their partners so that they can do all the lovey dovey things on the escalators.

However in Nigeria, the guy should have a car, (be it driven personally or having a driver). Otherwise, if he is going on a date with his girl, will they have to jump from one danfo to the other? use okada (motorbike)? or kabu-kabu (yellow cab) i seriously think not! shocked shocked shocked
Even if the guy is seriously loaded with ego (cash, owo) or not, the minimum requirement in Nigeria is that he should have a car wink smiley

@Plat and jox:

Re the highlight.  Thanks and I agree even though I think some folks don't think first then type after.  It's like this -some folks are consumed with hate that as soon as they see "certain" folks post something, they get excited to spit out their venom.

@Cib

You have me cracking up.  That's funny

@tpia:

The dude was never in an accident. . . .err he is either whipped or a wimp if you ask me.

My cousin volunteered to pay for his driving lessons but he is still afraid.  Plus my cousin said he has a squeaky voice, so I think he is gay.  straight guy don't behave like that. 

Again, thanks for the responses whether good or bad

Much love kiss
Re: Can You Date A Grown Ass Man That Doesn't Drive? by spikedcylinder: 8:24am On Apr 16, 2009
Its true, a man that can't drive AT ALL sounds a lot like a wimp. Unless there's a serious reason why he can't.
Re: Can You Date A Grown Ass Man That Doesn't Drive? by surface(f): 8:30am On Apr 16, 2009
What has driving of a car got 2 do wit dating,9ja babes na wa o,no wonder our guys believe having a car is a gateway 2 any pussy they want. shocked
Re: Can You Date A Grown Ass Man That Doesn't Drive? by bluespice(f): 10:12am On Apr 16, 2009
umm yeah as some people have said if he has a license but doesnt drive or simply doesnt drive cos he doesnt like it
or for some other reason (not laziness) decides not to
Re: Can You Date A Grown Ass Man That Doesn't Drive? by pureminded: 10:30am On Apr 16, 2009
@Poster , It doesn't mean if a man don't own a car but atleast a full grown guy in twenties should be able to move a car , ahba , And both ( Knowing how to drive and own a car) doesn't counts in a good relationship or else it's just the one night stand thing!
Re: Can You Date A Grown Ass Man That Doesn't Drive? by Epi: 1:13am On Apr 17, 2009
surface:

What has driving of a car got 2 do wit dating,
In some ways having a licence is necessary in a relationship. What would you think of a man who is chauffeured around all the time by your girlfriend? Please be honest with your answer

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Top 15 Most Romantic Love Songs - IMO / See What Male Doctor Did To Female Patient / This Is Why I Hate Nairaland Ladies The More

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.