Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,012 members, 7,817,984 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:39 AM

I Am Being Prosecuted Because I Am Senate President, Says Saraki - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Am Being Prosecuted Because I Am Senate President, Says Saraki (28790 Views)

FG Appeals, Says Saraki’s Acquittal Unreasonable / I’m Being Prosecuted For Old Grievances – Dasuki / I Am Being Prosecuted Because I Am Senate President, Says Saraki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am Being Prosecuted Because I Am Senate President, Says Saraki by buzquet(m): 7:51am On Sep 23, 2015
Re: I Am Being Prosecuted Because I Am Senate President, Says Saraki by Leyemoshood: 7:53am On Sep 23, 2015
Exactly, thats why cos you're not worthy to be there,not only cos you're corrupt, you went against the wish of your party and made alliance with opposition... Party is supreme

in other news,order your football jerseys
https://www.nairaland.com/2447345/2015-2016-new-jerseys-available/4

2 Likes

Re: I Am Being Prosecuted Because I Am Senate President, Says Saraki by bigtt76(f): 7:53am On Sep 23, 2015
Oooooooh puuuuuuulesssssssse! Same old ranting ....'because I'm this ....because I did that .....because I didn't do this or that' You are Number 3 in government and want to avoid doing the right thing? Haba! angry Go sidon jooooooor!

7 Likes

Re: I Am Being Prosecuted Because I Am Senate President, Says Saraki by tmxme(m): 7:55am On Sep 23, 2015
Story for the gods

3 Likes

Re: I Am Being Prosecuted Because I Am Senate President, Says Saraki by koppa(m): 7:55am On Sep 23, 2015
What is this man saying..

You are being prosecuted because you are a chronic looter and thief....it runs in the blood of your generation

7 Likes

Re: I Am Being Prosecuted Because I Am Senate President, Says Saraki by Abugab(m): 7:57am On Sep 23, 2015
Someone should tell Saraki that the issue is on false assets declaration and not about the senate presidency as his past is catching up with him.
He should stop cowing Nigerians with political statements like this forgetting the offence that is the focal point here.

5 Likes

Re: I Am Being Prosecuted Because I Am Senate President, Says Saraki by Druss(m): 7:58am On Sep 23, 2015
No you are being prosecuted because your hands are dirty.

7 Likes

Re: I Am Being Prosecuted Because I Am Senate President, Says Saraki by jwils(m): 7:59am On Sep 23, 2015
Sirnokiopee:
Yes we agree ... because we can't have a thief as the SP at this era of " change"
but its unfortunate the pupet president and his godfather are thieves

1 Like

Re: I Am Being Prosecuted Because I Am Senate President, Says Saraki by free2ryhme: 7:59am On Sep 23, 2015
Does the seat re write your past? Answer questions jare stop looking for excuse were there is none

3 Likes

Re: I Am Being Prosecuted Because I Am Senate President, Says Saraki by free2ryhme: 7:59am On Sep 23, 2015
One of the biggest problems facing Nigeria today is impunity. It has led to corruption, arrogance, brigandage, deep political crisis and outright murder. This pandemic disease has led to near collapse of our economy, collapse of values, collapse of institutions and collapse of governance, This is the reason why Senator Saraki ignored his Party (APC) directives and connived with a useless party (PDP) we just defeated to steal the Senate Presidency. He did not stop there, the criminal arrangement led to the emergence of Senator Ekweremmadu of PDP as the Deputy Senate President.

The moment this brigandage took place we saw wild jubilation in the camp of PDP. Ekweremmadu went to Enugu State and told his people that PDP is back. A lady who is a PDP member mockingly said to me: “yes APC won the election but we have taken over the National Assembly” it was then that it became clear to me the extent of damage Senator Saraki inflicted on the leadership of APC. What Senator Saraki did is unheard of in the history of Party politics. Saraki made the world to believe that APC leaders are unprepared for the task of governing this country. Saraki’s inordinate ambition at once put a question mark on the capacity of leaders of APC to drive leadership in Nigeria. Saraki tried to prove to the whole world that he is smarter than all the leaders of APC put together.

Saraki ignored 51APC Senators who were in a meeting and went to do business with 49 PDP Senators, a party APC just defeated after sixteen years bloody struggle. Senator Saraki bribed his way to the clerk of the Senate and cajoled him to proclaim a Senate that is incomplete. Saraki and Ekweremmadu criminally changed the Senate rules in order to carry out the open robbery we saw in the hallowed Chamber of the Senate of Federal Republic of Nigeria. Because of the inordinate ambition of one man and lust to be the Senate President by all means Saraki ignored the President, the Vice President, APC governors, Senators, House of Reps members etc to sacrifice the unity of his party.

Senator Saraki compounded the problems of APC, and mounted a major road block for its smooth take off considering that it is just coming to power after sixteen years in opposition. This man put spanners in the works and initiated a serious internal crisis within the ruling party that nearly made Nigerians who massively voted for APC to begin to lose hope. Saraki and his gang of forty thieves devastated the master plan of our great party to choose the right people to serve as the Principal Officers in the National Assembly.

Since July 9 2015 when this shenanigan took place in the Senate and the huge dust it raised, Senator Saraki has remained adamant to disobey the Party’s directives and step aside rather he has continued to run from pillar to post to sustain a stolen seat. The lust for power, rapacious greed, avaricious tendency, and slave to public office have pushed Bukola Saraki to continue to work with PDP in order to weaken APC. But will Bukola Saraki succeed? Impossible. APC does not want Bukola Saraki as the Senate President and neither does APC want Ekweremmadu as the Deputy Senate President. Saraki has caused enough implosions within the party. He has brought public opprobrium to the party, he has slowed down the Party’s machinery from taking off smoothly, he has portrayed us as a weak party.

Now is the time for him to go. Saraki has no choice than to go otherwise he will have himself to blame. Again if Bukola Saraki feels his hands are tightly glued to the exalted seat of the Senate Presidency and therefore cannot be removed, APC may be compelled to tear or cut his hands off, so that the National Assembly can move forward. No man is an island, and none can claim that he is the final word in APC . I shed no tears for Senator Saraki.

7 Likes

Re: I Am Being Prosecuted Because I Am Senate President, Says Saraki by noordean(m): 8:00am On Sep 23, 2015
Before nko? Na me them suppose con prosecute nah

2 Likes

Re: I Am Being Prosecuted Because I Am Senate President, Says Saraki by Sirnokiopee(m): 8:01am On Sep 23, 2015
kazmanbanjoko:
what of david mark.

That was era of SINC ( stealing is not corruption)

5 Likes

Re: I Am Being Prosecuted Because I Am Senate President, Says Saraki by homesteady(m): 8:01am On Sep 23, 2015
“This belief stems from the fact that Section 3 (d) of the Code of Conduct Bureau and Tribunal Act provides that If there is a breach or non-compliance with any section of the law, the person involved should be given the opportunity to either admit or deny and that in the case of a written admission, no reference to the Tribunal shall be necessary. So, If the CCB had followed the guidelines, procedure or the due process provided in its own law, we won’t be having this trial.

There was a thread that raised this issue up! let me go and find it!

1 Like

Re: I Am Being Prosecuted Because I Am Senate President, Says Saraki by DeRay98(m): 8:01am On Sep 23, 2015
Ghandi12:
[Source-https://kwaranews./governor-bukola-saraki-a-biography/]

Governor Abubakar Bukola Saraki Date of Birth: December 19, 1962.

Education
Corona School, Lagos: 1966 to 1972 (Primary school education)
King’s College, Lagos: 1973 to 1998 (West African School Certificate)
Cheltenham College, London: 1979 to 1981(High School Certificate)
London Hospital Medical College of the University of London: 1982 to 1997, M.B.B.S (London).

Work Engagements before 2003
Medical Officer at Rush Green Hospital, Essex: 1987 to 1988. (1 Year) - Obviously as a Medical Student/Intern
Senior Casualty Officer at Royal Free Hospital, London: 1988 to 1989. (1 Year) - Obviously as a Medical Student/Intern
Director (non-executive) Societe Generale (Nig.) Limited: 1989 to 1990. (1 Year)
Executive Director Societe Generale (Nig.) Limited: 1990 to 2000. (1 Year)
Special Assistant to the FGN President on Budget: 2000 to 2001. (1 Year)
Chairman Presidential Committee on Non-Oil Revenue Generation: 2000 to 2001 (1 Year)
Executive Vice Chairman Societe Generale (Nig.) Limited: 2001 to 2002. (1 Year)

Senator Bukola Saraki by these information has put in a total of 5 (post-University Graduation) years in service.
The Big questions for Senator Bukola Saraki are:

• How much did Senator Abubakar Bukola Saraki make in 2 years as a Medical Student/Intern in 2 years?
• How much did he make in 2 years of his service as an Executive on Societe Generale (Nig.) Limited before 2003?
• How much did he make in 3 years of his public service before 2003?
• How much is he supposed to make (legitimately) altogether before 2003?
• Are there other legitimate sources of income (before 2003) he declared as required by the law?
• Does it mean other people with similar number of years in public or private service have 100s of Billions already in 5 years?

na wa for Saraki o! angry

4 Likes

Re: I Am Being Prosecuted Because I Am Senate President, Says Saraki by nightmile: 8:01am On Sep 23, 2015
From the beginning , i knew the closeness of Prof. vp and El-Rufai was not for nothing..
Re: I Am Being Prosecuted Because I Am Senate President, Says Saraki by xpat1: 8:02am On Sep 23, 2015
Ghandi12:

Education
London Hospital Medical College of the University of London: 1982 to 1997, M.B.B.S (London).

You are not making sense bro, just to paint someone black you went and bring out this epilogue and twisted it the way you wanted

How can someone be a medical student from 1982-1997.

In addition to that you misquoted Wikipedia, do u think the U.K. medical education is as disorganized as that of Nigeria

You further demonstrated your highest level of ignorance by asking senseless questions of him been an intern student, is there anything like that in medical education?

I also think you need to improve in your basic arithmetic skills 1990-2000 =10yrs not 1yr

If you want to criticize make sure you are well knowledgeable in the topic

Is not everything that you read, you must believe you should sieve the news you read so that you can know which one to digest

2 Likes

Re: I Am Being Prosecuted Because I Am Senate President, Says Saraki by Burger01(m): 8:03am On Sep 23, 2015
Ogbeni, you are being prosecuted because you are frigging corrupt angry

3 Likes

Re: I Am Being Prosecuted Because I Am Senate President, Says Saraki by Ignyte(m): 8:03am On Sep 23, 2015
Ehya... How the mighty have fallen... All the people wey bn feel say Baba was a Daura Dummy... Saraki can you see that all the Nigerians that supported your election have turned against you... *In Ice Prince's voice * My friends turned haters and put the dirt on my name.... Bros Saraki, your situation is a perfect example that the Daura Lord is as cunning as can be... The remaining thieves wey Baba dey plan make ministers abeg Learn from Saraki, Baba wants to EXPOSE YOU!! Make minister dey sweet u there... Buhari till 2019 2023

3 Likes

Re: I Am Being Prosecuted Because I Am Senate President, Says Saraki by Nellybii: 8:04am On Sep 23, 2015
Ghandi12:

Education

Work Engagements before 2003
Medical Officer at Rush Green Hospital, Essex: 1987 to 1988. (1 Year) - Obviously as a Medical Student/Intern
Senior Casualty Officer at Royal Free Hospital, London: 1988 to 1989. (1 Year) - Obviously as a Medical Student/Intern
Director (non-executive) Societe Generale (Nig.) Limited: 1989 to 1990. (1 Year)
Executive Director Societe Generale (Nig.) Limited: 1990 to 2000. (1 Year)
Special Assistant to the FGN President on Budget: 2000 to 2001. (1 Year)
Chairman Presidential Committee on Non-Oil Revenue Generation: 2000 to 2001 (1 Year)
Executive Vice Chairman Societe Generale (Nig.) Limited: 2001 to 2002. (1 Year)

Senator Bukola Saraki by these information has put in a total of 5 (post-University Graduation) years in service.
The Big questions for Senator Bukola Saraki are:

• How much did Senator Abubakar Bukola Saraki make in 2 years as a Medical Student/Intern in 2 years?
• How much did he make in 2 years of his service as an Executive on Societe Generale (Nig.) Limited before 2003?
• How much did he make in 3 years of his public service before 2003?
• How much is he supposed to make (legitimately) altogether before 2003?
• Are there other legitimate sources of income (before 2003) he declared as required by the law?
• Does it mean other people with similar number of years in public or private service have 100s of Billions already in 5 years?

Correct the mistakes on the dates and repost.
This is revealing.

1 Like

Re: I Am Being Prosecuted Because I Am Senate President, Says Saraki by Nobody: 8:06am On Sep 23, 2015
THE LAW SHOULD TAKE IT'S COURSE...

AND WHOEVER IS FOUND GUILTY SHOULD FACE THE LAW AND AYILALA'S THUNDER
Re: I Am Being Prosecuted Because I Am Senate President, Says Saraki by Godsonkemz(m): 8:06am On Sep 23, 2015
The allegations will soon die off like a candle wax because a top-notch public figure is involved.

1 Like

Re: I Am Being Prosecuted Because I Am Senate President, Says Saraki by ecel: 8:07am On Sep 23, 2015
I am tired of their propaganda. People are hungry. There is no money in the circulation. Their government is government of vendettas. They didn't have a policy from day one. All they fight for was just to remove Jonathan from office and then form a cabal on our economy in general. They are all bounch of thieves. Even in the Bible, Jesus Christ said let the first person cast the stone against the adulterous woman if they are saint. Let us create a system that will prevent people like Saraki to hold a public office in future. These people are powerful than most of our processes in government so fighting them will almost take us to no where rather common man will continue to surfer and I bet anyone that APC will achieve less. They are wasting our time on earth. Most of the enjoyment that common man should enjoy in their lifetime are continuing to be denied while they all stocked dollars at home.
Re: I Am Being Prosecuted Because I Am Senate President, Says Saraki by Nobody: 8:08am On Sep 23, 2015
free2ryhme:
Does the seat re write your past? Answer questions jare stop looking for excuse were there is none
He never start sef... Maybe when he land for jail, him go calm.
Re: I Am Being Prosecuted Because I Am Senate President, Says Saraki by yemmynoni: 8:09am On Sep 23, 2015
OpeDwarroir:
Political witch-hunt
even if it is economical witch hunt, the question is is he a thief or not.?
Re: I Am Being Prosecuted Because I Am Senate President, Says Saraki by Demdem(m): 8:10am On Sep 23, 2015
Rubbish. The issue at stake here is did u declare falsely or not? If u didnt, prosecutors won't even Av a case but they do because u did declare falsely and u must be punished for that.

2 Likes

Re: I Am Being Prosecuted Because I Am Senate President, Says Saraki by miraz(m): 8:14am On Sep 23, 2015
it is well with our dear country naijaaaaaaaa angry[color=#990000][/color]
Re: I Am Being Prosecuted Because I Am Senate President, Says Saraki by Rainbow4real(m): 8:14am On Sep 23, 2015
Who is asking question whether u are guilty or not. All wat we want to know is to explain & defend all allegations levelled against u. Don't judge ursef. Nigerians will judge.

1 Like

Re: I Am Being Prosecuted Because I Am Senate President, Says Saraki by ryanfletcher: 8:15am On Sep 23, 2015
he hasn't seen anything yet

2 Likes

Re: I Am Being Prosecuted Because I Am Senate President, Says Saraki by alabiyemmy(m): 8:15am On Sep 23, 2015
Many of you spitting poo cant even understAnd why he is at the Tribunal. You think he has been charged for corruption meanwhile he is not.
Re: I Am Being Prosecuted Because I Am Senate President, Says Saraki by Nobody: 8:15am On Sep 23, 2015
So fifty senators abandoned their legislative duties and accompanied saraki to CCT?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Chinechere Okoronkwo, Victim Of The NDA Attack Was Expecting His First Child / The Gifts Orji Uzor Kalu & His Wife Gave To Igbere People On Boxing Day Today / Atiku Customise Shoes As Campaign Souvenir Ahead Of 2015 (picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.