Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,713 members, 7,809,704 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:32 PM

What Is The Problem Between Mothers And Their Daughter-In-Laws? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Is The Problem Between Mothers And Their Daughter-In-Laws? (25930 Views)

Mothers And Daughters Who Look The Same Age (Unbelievable Photos) / Why Are Nigerian Mother In-laws Too Mean Towards Their Daughter In-laws?. / What My In-Laws Served Me (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Problem Between Mothers And Their Daughter-In-Laws? by fpeter(f): 5:44pm On Sep 23, 2015
If you fail to pray then you will make do with whatever you encounter in marriage. I prayed specially for the type of in laws I wanted,using Naomi and Ruths relationship as case study. God answered me,my in laws treat me as a queen. I couldn't have asked for a better MIL. GOD even gave me a bonus...I have a grandma inlaw...she's such a darling, always praying for me. My father inlaw is my paddy too.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Problem Between Mothers And Their Daughter-In-Laws? by limamintruth: 5:46pm On Sep 23, 2015
missmary:
cry
Most People are scared of getting married.. Because of their mother in laws but what i don't get is.. Why is there bad blood between most of these set of people?

For God's sake why will A MIL slap her DIL?
Calling her a home breaker?
Why?

Some people secretly wish their husband's mother should die before they get married.. Awful prayer but they are saving their head... Why would mothers feel the wives are taking their sons away?...

Why do MIL like to show supremacy over their DIL?

Why?

Lets hear all opinions on this matter

Its so obvious from your post that you side with the DIL already.

The DILs 'MUST' learn to wholeheartedly respect their MILs as they would their own biological mother.

The MILs 'MUST' also wholeheartedly love their DILs as they would their sons.

With this, I believe there will always be peace in the family; cos I know that (as a dil) if your mom is to slap you now, you will never slap her back. Likewise(as a mil), you will never refer to your own biolgical son/daughter as a 'home breaker' when he offends you.
Re: What Is The Problem Between Mothers And Their Daughter-In-Laws? by Captainswag225(m): 5:46pm On Sep 23, 2015
Shebarh:
They should v equal ownership.. but most times selfishness won't allow the mother or the daughter inlaw
yeah lol,,, some mothers are control freaks while some bitches.... I think the decision lies with the husband/son. He should man up and take the tough decisions.
Re: What Is The Problem Between Mothers And Their Daughter-In-Laws? by limamintruth: 5:57pm On Sep 23, 2015
janefrancisca:
Of course not, it should be 75-25. Yeah, you are his mother but then he is an adult who is starting a family and not a baby.. so to an extent he needs his space. The MIL should have 25 while the DIL should have 75 because she is starting a family with her husband and she needs all the care, love, support and attention she can get from her husband. There can't be 2 captains in a boat unless it will capsize, one has to give way for the other.

Is it really necessary to quantify the love for these two most important women in his life? undecided

I say he loves them EQUALLY, but when it comes to planning and making decisions for his family, his wife must be his best advise partner.

Note that this is not because he loves his mom any less, but this is so because his wife is now him i.e the 2 are now 1; hence you are to consult your 'self'(wife) first before anyone else. cool

1 Like

Re: What Is The Problem Between Mothers And Their Daughter-In-Laws? by Shebarh(f): 5:57pm On Sep 23, 2015
freecocoa:
Seriously, how can you say such a prayer? Don't you want to be a mother in-law?
of course ah want to... Okay ah take my words back
Re: What Is The Problem Between Mothers And Their Daughter-In-Laws? by Captainswag225(m): 5:57pm On Sep 23, 2015
janefrancisca:
Of course not, it should be 75-25. Yeah, you are his mother but then he is an adult who is starting a family and not a baby.. so to an extent he needs his space. The MIL should have 25 while the DIL should have 75 because she is starting a family with her husband and she needs all the care, love, support and attention she can get from her husband. There can't be 2 captains in a boat unless it will capsize, one has to give way for the other.
lol i get ur point, but some dil tend to abuse the priveleges calling their mil witches,,,, other mil also try to control their dil.., thats why it should be 50-50
Re: What Is The Problem Between Mothers And Their Daughter-In-Laws? by babysheju2(f): 6:03pm On Sep 23, 2015
missmary:
cry
Most People are scared of getting married.. Because of their mother in laws but what i don't get is.. Why is there bad blood between most of these set of people?

Why?

Some people secretly wish their husband's mother should die before they get married.. Awful prayer but they are saving their head... Why would mothers feel the wives are taking their sons away?...

Why?

honesty I know wa the person is going through. i know where it hurts there are some that don't want the wife but the kids they even go spiritual.My dear prayer is d only solution. I get my own self
Re: What Is The Problem Between Mothers And Their Daughter-In-Laws? by freecocoa(f): 6:06pm On Sep 23, 2015
Shebarh:
That's better dear, never wish that, you and you MIL can be totally cool with each other if you both understand that it's not a competition, treat her like you would your own mum to the best of your ability, just hope to find a man with a good mother, who will treat you nice too.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Problem Between Mothers And Their Daughter-In-Laws? by LaRoyalHighness(f): 6:12pm On Sep 23, 2015
Honestly! This matter tire me no be small. Some mil will hate for no reason. On my wedding night,my mother in law asked me to go and thank God because he is the one that made my wedding to take place. Then she told me with a straight face that she fought against the union.

However, I have seen good mils, some people are unlucky. I am one of them....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Problem Between Mothers And Their Daughter-In-Laws? by NL1960: 6:30pm On Sep 23, 2015
Shebarh:

Chai, so fear don catch you.

Iam sure you have a brother and iam sure the girl he wants to marry will also be praying for the MIL to die before the marriage. cheesy
Re: What Is The Problem Between Mothers And Their Daughter-In-Laws? by IamLEGEND1: 6:31pm On Sep 23, 2015
YoungDaNaval:
does it requires internet connection to display the lyrics?

just for the first time you play a song with it...and the data consumed is extremely negligible...

after that, the lyrics are available offline every time u play that song...
Re: What Is The Problem Between Mothers And Their Daughter-In-Laws? by missKiffy(f): 6:40pm On Sep 23, 2015
sinaj:
Most MIL think d DIL has come to steal her son's love nd attention from her smiley

D jealousy is a natural thing though, coz I also get jealous whenever my broda uses his gf pic for d d.p tongue

Buh Itz nt something dat should result to fight or quarrel
It's not normal for you to feel jealous wen ur broda use his girls pic for dp

1 Like

Re: What Is The Problem Between Mothers And Their Daughter-In-Laws? by YoungDaNaval(m): 6:40pm On Sep 23, 2015
IamLEGEND1:

just for the first time you play a song with it...and the data consumed is extremely negligible...

after that, the lyrics are available offline every time u play that song...
Just like ttpod?
Re: What Is The Problem Between Mothers And Their Daughter-In-Laws? by Shebarh(f): 6:40pm On Sep 23, 2015
NL1960:

Chai, so fear don catch you.

Iam sure you have a brother and iam sure the girl he wants to marry will also be praying for the MIL to die before the marriage. cheesy
Am not scared,You all juss misquoted my words....Anyways it's over..so u guys should stop quoting me plss!
Re: What Is The Problem Between Mothers And Their Daughter-In-Laws? by Shebarh(f): 6:42pm On Sep 23, 2015
freecocoa:
That's better dear, never wish that, you and you MIL can be totally cool with each other if you both understand that it's not a competition, treat her like you would your own mum to the best of your ability, just hope to find a man with a good mother, who will treat you nice too.
Thanks.. and ah wish you the same dearie
Re: What Is The Problem Between Mothers And Their Daughter-In-Laws? by janefrancisca(f): 6:44pm On Sep 23, 2015
charger09:

sharrrrraaaaappp..
what kinda human being is dis one..
she is even dividing the shit into percentage..
i dnt knw you o..buh i hate you nd d crap u wrote up der!
Oga I don't care if u hate me not. I stated my opinion and if u have reservations, u state yours like a matured and reasonable human being instead of hating and whining like a starved puppy.
Re: What Is The Problem Between Mothers And Their Daughter-In-Laws? by IamLEGEND1: 6:46pm On Sep 23, 2015
YoungDaNaval:
Just like ttpod?
ah bros mi,i no even know that app you dey talk about sef.....
Re: What Is The Problem Between Mothers And Their Daughter-In-Laws? by janefrancisca(f): 6:50pm On Sep 23, 2015
Captainswag225:
lol i get ur point, but some dil tend to abuse the priveleges calling their mil witches,,,, other mil also try to control their dil.., thats why it should be 50-50
hahaha..yeah its true. Some MIL can be overbearing sometimes, one in my street she had to take over the cooking in the house simply because the DIL didn't know how to prepare some local dishes instead of teaching her. Am not saying DIL don't have their faults too. The key in their relationship should be understanding.
Re: What Is The Problem Between Mothers And Their Daughter-In-Laws? by YoungDaNaval(m): 6:50pm On Sep 23, 2015
IamLEGEND1:

ah bros mi,i no even know that app you dey talk about sef.....
Check it out in playscore. U'll like it
Re: What Is The Problem Between Mothers And Their Daughter-In-Laws? by IamLEGEND1: 6:52pm On Sep 23, 2015
YoungDaNaval:
Check it out on playstore. U'll like it

thanks bro,will do.
Re: What Is The Problem Between Mothers And Their Daughter-In-Laws? by charger09(m): 6:58pm On Sep 23, 2015
janefrancisca:
Oga I don't care if u hate me not. I stated my opinion and if u have reservations, u state yours like a matured and reasonable human being instead of hating and whining like a starved puppy.
im sure u are one piece of junk,,so imma let u wander in ure misery..
u talking bout reasoninghow ironic
mofo go back re-read the crap u wrote earlier nd see if it made any sense
we knw pple like you..
gold digger!! i hate you

1 Like

Re: What Is The Problem Between Mothers And Their Daughter-In-Laws? by skare: 7:06pm On Sep 23, 2015
Mother-inlaw be like,i breast feeded him 4 2years nd daughter-inlaw be like,he is still sucking my breast.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Problem Between Mothers And Their Daughter-In-Laws? by janefrancisca(f): 7:23pm On Sep 23, 2015
charger09:

im sure u are one piece of junk,,so imma let u wander in ure misery..
u talking bout reasoninghow ironic
mofo go back re-read the crap u wrote earlier nd see if it made any sense
we knw pple like you..
gold digger!! i hate you
hmmm...piece of junk grin, gold digger grin...na wa 4 u o..dis names dem no reach na? find something meaner now. you know people like me..sorry i forgot we grew up together. grin
Re: What Is The Problem Between Mothers And Their Daughter-In-Laws? by Captainswag225(m): 7:28pm On Sep 23, 2015
janefrancisca:
hahaha..yeah its true. Some MIL can be overbearing sometimes, one in my street she had to take over the cooking in the house simply because the DIL didn't know how to prepare some local dishes instead of teaching her. Am not saying DIL don't have their faults too. The key in their relationship should be understanding.
lol that mil is a wicked woman......... But for me i dont think mil's shouldnt be allowed to stay in theìr sons matrimonial home... Its bad....i think husbands/sons must be bold enuf to draw the line. Not all marital issues should go out to the mil's
Re: What Is The Problem Between Mothers And Their Daughter-In-Laws? by charger09(m): 7:33pm On Sep 23, 2015
janefrancisca:
hmmm...piece of junk grin, gold digger grin...na wa 4 u o..dis names dem no reach na? find something meaner now. you know people like me..sorry i forgot we grew up together. grin
u knw i dnt like you at all..i tot u ll com up with smthing crazier either..i don compose different insult for u..i hate all janes nd francisca...i hate u
btw dnt take it serious all na jibe smiley
Re: What Is The Problem Between Mothers And Their Daughter-In-Laws? by sunnyt1(m): 7:40pm On Sep 23, 2015
missmary:
cry

Why?

Why?

There is this general knowledge that women hate each other, i dont know how true that is.

The truth is the issue comes from the DIL most times, 80% of the times. Its good to put yourselves in the MIL's shoe. Most modern day ladies expect their husbands to face them 100% without caring about how he takes care of his family.

Let me use myself as a case study: i am the 1st born, the only son, i have 6 sisters, my mum gave me a life, she gave me education, for my own sake she gave up her convinience, now i am fairly comfortable, i gave a sweet job. Now imagine how much i am indepted to my mum and sisters.

If i get married and my wife expects me to face her alone, isnt she asking for trouble?

And for those ladies who pray their MIL is dead before they even meet the man, You are inviting curse on yourself, do you kow what it means to eat the fruit of ones labour.

In a nut shell, its always about the MIL thinking the DIL is not making them enjoy their son or the DIL thinking the MIL is not making her enjoy the husband.

The guy should pray and learn how to balance the metre rule anyway
Re: What Is The Problem Between Mothers And Their Daughter-In-Laws? by rossy65(f): 7:48pm On Sep 23, 2015
mega147:
Op, na u dem slap? what is ya relationship with the slapper and the slappee? If u no want MIL wahala, marry man wey e mama don die.
lols you funny die choi
Re: What Is The Problem Between Mothers And Their Daughter-In-Laws? by janefrancisca(f): 7:49pm On Sep 23, 2015
Captainswag225:
lol that mil is a wicked woman......... But for me i dont think mil's shouldnt be allowed to stay in theìr sons matrimonial home... Its bad....i think husbands/sons must be bold enuf to draw the line. Not all marital issues should go out to the mil's
Yeah that is true. She can come to visit, stay for months and go but staying for years...dat one go hard o. Na women we be na grin, they will both start seeing faults with themselves. But if one has a good MIL...its joy all the way.
Re: What Is The Problem Between Mothers And Their Daughter-In-Laws? by bikefab(m): 7:57pm On Sep 23, 2015
It's a female thing. They naturally dislike themselves. WOMEN.
Re: What Is The Problem Between Mothers And Their Daughter-In-Laws? by Nobody: 7:58pm On Sep 23, 2015
janefrancisca:
haha...so she can't cook and hubby mom responsibility. eh kwa! dey there..
Re: What Is The Problem Between Mothers And Their Daughter-In-Laws? by Nobody: 8:00pm On Sep 23, 2015
LaRoyalHighness:
Honestly! This matter tire me no be small. Some mil will hate for no reason. On my wedding night,my mother in law asked me to go and thank God because he is the one that made my wedding to take place. Then she told me with a straight face that she fought against the union.

However, I have seen good mils, some people
are unlucky. I am one of them....
it can only change when u behave differently in ur own time...but pple still do the same thing and expect a change.. how?
Re: What Is The Problem Between Mothers And Their Daughter-In-Laws? by missmary(f): 8:02pm On Sep 23, 2015
[quote author=sunnyt1 post=38312333]
You've been awesomely helpful thanks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Son-In-Law Impregnates His Mother-In-Law / Children's Day: Childhood Memories, Fun Games That Got You Amused / What Is That Thing You Don't Pray Your Children Inherits From You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.