Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,945 members, 7,814,200 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:55 AM

What Is The Problem Between Mothers And Their Daughter-In-Laws? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Is The Problem Between Mothers And Their Daughter-In-Laws? (25965 Views)

Mothers And Daughters Who Look The Same Age (Unbelievable Photos) / Why Are Nigerian Mother In-laws Too Mean Towards Their Daughter In-laws?. / What My In-Laws Served Me (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Problem Between Mothers And Their Daughter-In-Laws? by missmary(f): 8:02pm On Sep 23, 2015
[quote author=sunnyt1 post=38312333]
You've been awesomely helpful thanks
Re: What Is The Problem Between Mothers And Their Daughter-In-Laws? by softandmoist(f): 8:07pm On Sep 23, 2015
sunnyt1:

There is this general knowledge that women hate each other, i dont know how true that is.

The truth is the issue comes from the DIL most times, 80% of the times. Its good to put yourselves in the MIL's shoe. Most modern day ladies expect their husbands to face them 100% without caring about how he takes care of his family.

Let me use myself as a case study: i am the 1st born, the only son, i have 6 sisters, my mum gave me a life, she gave me education, for my own sake she gave up her convinience, now i am fairly comfortable, i gave a sweet job. Now imagine how much i am indepted to my mum and sisters.

If i get married and my wife expects me to face her alone, isnt she asking for trouble?

And for those ladies who pray their MIL is dead before they even meet the man, You are inviting curse on yourself, do you kow what it means to eat the fruit of ones labour.

In a nut shell, its always about the MIL thinking the DIL is not making them enjoy their son or the DIL thinking the MIL is not making her enjoy the husband.

The guy should pray and learn how to balance the metre rule anyway

Bro leave out the percentage. African mothers are not the only ones who struggle to send their kids to school. The major cause is that DILs do not take time to study their MILs.

Here's an angle I view things from.
First, the holy book says a man will leave his family and cleave. As soon as you desire in your heart to marry that woman, your mom becomes secondary, even if she trekked from Golgotha to Calvary to make your education possible.
Second, people say blood is thicker than water. I totally agree. Your wife is your flesh, says the book. You have become one flesh. Flesh is thicker than blood. There are medical alternatives for blood products, but not flesh. Your wife is you, you're one. Your mom is your idol, so you both will respect her accordingly.
I am a mother, and in some years my son will get married. There are boundaries, and I don't plan to cross them.
If I sow any bad seed into the life of my MIL, may I harvest it bountifully when my son gets married. God forbid that any woman will not enjoy her son because of me, but then again, respect the boundaries!

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is The Problem Between Mothers And Their Daughter-In-Laws? by Haishophem(m): 8:09pm On Sep 23, 2015
Shebarh:
You are nothing but a big anuofia... Iranu abasha angry

Never knew you'll be so scared to hear dat prayer...since you don't want the same prayer to be prayed for you...and I believe u have brothers that'll get married sometime sooner if they are not...ur mum will be a mother in law to someone also.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Problem Between Mothers And Their Daughter-In-Laws? by Captainswag225(m): 8:17pm On Sep 23, 2015
janefrancisca:
Yeah that is true. She can come to visit, stay for months and go but staying for years...dat one go hard o. Na women we be na grin, they will both start seeing faults with themselves. But if one has a good MIL...its joy all the way.
i know my mom will be a gud mil to my wife but if she doesnt i will have to put her in check n so will i do with my wife too... Honestly i dont know why some mil's are naturally bitter towards their dil's. They push all their bitterness in their marriage towardz their dil.... Shear envy and jealousy.......

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Problem Between Mothers And Their Daughter-In-Laws? by gogo2479: 8:20pm On Sep 23, 2015
The problem is that they are both women so whatever is wrong with women in general is what they are suffering from.
Re: What Is The Problem Between Mothers And Their Daughter-In-Laws? by Joy1706(f): 8:48pm On Sep 23, 2015
sunnyt1:

There is this general knowledge that women hate each other, i dont know how true that is.

The truth is the issue comes from the DIL most times, 80% of the times. Its good to put yourselves in the MIL's shoe. Most modern day ladies expect their husbands to face them 100% without caring about how he takes care of his family.

Let me use myself as a case study: i am the 1st born, the only son, i have 6 sisters, my mum gave me a life, she gave me education, for my own sake she gave up her convinience, now i am fairly comfortable, i gave a sweet job. Now imagine how much i am indepted to my mum and sisters.

If i get married and my wife expects me to face her alone, isnt she asking for trouble?

And for those ladies who pray their MIL is dead before they even meet the man, You are inviting curse on yourself, do you kow what it means to eat the fruit of ones labour.

In a nut shell, its always about the MIL thinking the DIL is not making them enjoy their son or the DIL thinking the MIL is not making her enjoy the husband.

What was ur father doing when ur mom was doing all these things?

1 Like

Re: What Is The Problem Between Mothers And Their Daughter-In-Laws? by bukatyne(f): 9:14pm On Sep 23, 2015
sinaj:
Most MIL think d DIL has come to steal her son's love nd attention from her smiley

D jealousy is a natural thing though, coz I also get jealous whenever my broda uses his gf pic for d d.p tongue

Buh Itz nt something dat should result to fight or quarrel

Why should your brother displaying his gf's pictures make you jealous?

Are you in love with your brother sexually?

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Problem Between Mothers And Their Daughter-In-Laws? by themanderon: 9:16pm On Sep 23, 2015
hisgrace090:
The major issue is that of greed and selfishness among people. many never see their son or daughter in law as a partner to their son or daughter, but rather as fraud.

But you will become one tomorrow, how will you feel if someone wishes you dead so she can marry your future son?
Re: What Is The Problem Between Mothers And Their Daughter-In-Laws? by bukatyne(f): 9:18pm On Sep 23, 2015
abe4kom:
Someone will also pray that you die before she meets your son.
And pray your son is not the randy type that wants to marry at 18.

You last line is actually funny grin
Re: What Is The Problem Between Mothers And Their Daughter-In-Laws? by bukatyne(f): 9:31pm On Sep 23, 2015
sunnyt1:

Your wife did not fall from a tree, she has a family that laboured over her too.

Once you are married, you and your wife have gained additional families and you both decide How to care for them.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Problem Between Mothers And Their Daughter-In-Laws? by 400billionman: 9:31pm On Sep 23, 2015
missmary:
cry
Most People are scared of getting married.. Because of their mother in laws but what i don't get is.. Why is there bad blood between most of these set of people?

For God's sake why will A MIL slap her DIL?
Calling her a home breaker?
Why?

Some people secretly wish their husband's mother should die before they get married.. Awful prayer but they are saving their head... Why would mothers feel the wives are taking their sons away?...

Why do MIL like to show supremacy over their DIL?

Why?

Lets hear all opinions on this matter

Nah poor mentality.
Re: What Is The Problem Between Mothers And Their Daughter-In-Laws? by bukatyne(f): 9:33pm On Sep 23, 2015
softandmoist:

Bro leave out the percentage. African mothers are not the only ones who struggle to send their kids to school. The major cause is that DILs do not take time to study their MILs.

Here's an angle I view things from.
First, the holy book says a man will leave his family and cleave. As soon as you desire in your heart to marry that woman, your mom becomes secondary, even if she trekked from Golgotha to Calvary to make your education possible.
Second, people say blood is thicker than water. I totally agree. Your wife is your flesh, says the book. You have become one flesh. Flesh is thicker than blood. There are medical alternatives for blood products, but not flesh. Your wife is you, you're one. Your mom is your idol, so you both will respect her accordingly.
I am a mother, and in some years my son will get married. There are boundaries, and I don't plan to cross them.
If I sow any bad seed into the life of my MIL, may I harvest it bountifully when my son gets married. God forbid that any woman will not enjoy her son because of me, but then again, respect the boundaries!

Liking and sharing this is not enough.

I just had to quote you kiss

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Problem Between Mothers And Their Daughter-In-Laws? by shellliver: 10:12pm On Sep 23, 2015
missmary:
cry
Most People are scared of getting married.. Because of their mother in laws but what i don't get is.. Why is there bad blood between most of these set of people?

Why?

Some people secretly wish their husband's mother should die before they get married.. Awful prayer but they are saving their head... Why would mothers feel the wives are taking their sons away?...

Why?

Anyone who wishes her MIL dead on or before marriage (meaning she should not wait to reap the labour of her hands on her son), Just pray your DIL prays for you to be dead too and not reap the labour of your hands on your children.
Re: What Is The Problem Between Mothers And Their Daughter-In-Laws? by Expsbterror(m): 10:44pm On Sep 23, 2015
The basic amongst the issue which is D main course is INSECURITY btw both parties irrespective of their Ages.
Re: What Is The Problem Between Mothers And Their Daughter-In-Laws? by alanmwene: 11:14pm On Sep 23, 2015
I think that culture plays a big role in these MIL and DIL issues.African culture is just about greed,lack of humility ,lack of respect,,,etc,,,I know quite a lot of Indians guys who are living with their girlfriends/fiancées in their parents homes just to save enough to buy houses.They will live like that for 2 or 3 years to save a lot of money and get a head start in life.It must be said that Asian girls are very humble and very respectful compare to black girls.
Re: What Is The Problem Between Mothers And Their Daughter-In-Laws? by DukeNija(m): 11:23pm On Sep 23, 2015
Shebarh:
You are nothing but a big anuofia... Iranu abasha angry

Shut da fvck up and get lost.
Waste of space.
With this your prayer, you will also surely die b4 your sons get married.
Asshole
Re: What Is The Problem Between Mothers And Their Daughter-In-Laws? by sinaj(f): 11:32pm On Sep 23, 2015
bukatyne:

Why should your brother displaying his gf's pictures make you jealous?

Are you in love with your brother sexually?

No ma.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Problem Between Mothers And Their Daughter-In-Laws? by sinaj(f): 11:33pm On Sep 23, 2015
missKiffy:

It's not normal for you to feel jealous wen ur broda use his girls pic for dp

Lol Itz very normal u can do a lil research on dat

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Problem Between Mothers And Their Daughter-In-Laws? by Nobody: 11:42pm On Sep 23, 2015
Shebarh:
The mother still wanna claim ownership of her son angry

and when you have your child, struggle to send him to school, university, service, work.
and when it is time for him to start taking care of you.

you will surely die. Amen

and how does that sound? cool? biatch
Re: What Is The Problem Between Mothers And Their Daughter-In-Laws? by hollowpot15684(m): 1:46am On Sep 24, 2015
The problem is the wife always forgets that she will be a mother-in-law someday to
Re: What Is The Problem Between Mothers And Their Daughter-In-Laws? by ireneidiva(f): 2:08am On Sep 24, 2015
sinaj:
Most MIL think d DIL has come to steal her son's love nd attention from her smiley

D jealousy is a natural thing though, coz I also get jealous whenever my broda uses his gf pic for d d.p tongue

Buh Itz nt something dat should result to fight or quarrel
Its not natural to be jealous when you brother uses his gf's picture as his dp. Something is terribly wrong somewhere!

1 Like

Re: What Is The Problem Between Mothers And Their Daughter-In-Laws? by jennia: 2:45am On Sep 24, 2015
Its unfortunate that some MIL'S are terrible, as a mother u pray that when the time is right your son will get married and settle down. When there is a major issue with your husband, it is your MIL you should be able to talk to as a mother, but noooo, not the one that i married her son, she is a devil i am sorry to say.
(Just briefly) There was a family meeting that was called where our marital issue was being settled this was a matter that i had complained to the MIL about earlier, that she ignored that turned major. When they asked my MIL what is upsetting you about your DIL, when my MIL started talking about me, i had to wonder if my MIL was talking about me or somebodyelse, it was unbelieveable how a mother (MIL) can be so awful and destroy a home, even my husband had to look at his mother if she was ok.

Right there, my mother wanted to give them there dowry if not for the fact that my husband said he wants his wife.
Unfortunately, she will not have anything to do with myself or her grandchildren thats how awful it is, i have placed her nicely in the hands of GOD to deal with her, because at the end of the day i am someones child and i have never been disrespectful to her.

Please, if you have children, pray from now no matter what age the children are that they marry into a decent family and have a good MIL.

5 Likes

Re: What Is The Problem Between Mothers And Their Daughter-In-Laws? by LaRoyalHighness(f): 5:03am On Sep 24, 2015
What are you saying please? Ok I get! You mean when my son gets married, and I love my future dil then change has come. Abi? Automatically! All dil and mil relationship will improve.
Can I get an Amen in the house?
kosplateau:

it can only change when u behave differently in ur own time...but pple still do the same thing and expect a change.. how?
Re: What Is The Problem Between Mothers And Their Daughter-In-Laws? by moyosore27384(m): 5:34am On Sep 24, 2015
missmary:
cry

Why?

Why?

Most is to save there sons head I could remember wat happen immediately after my introduction my partner changed totally n my mum is late to d xtent dt she do lock me indoor whneva she's gng to d market, so I don't blame most MIL.
Re: What Is The Problem Between Mothers And Their Daughter-In-Laws? by pinkybeny(f): 7:16am On Sep 24, 2015

Very xplosive at it a pirry her bf cheesy
that's annoying serious why would they be jealous of their bravas boo.....nawa ooooo
Re: What Is The Problem Between Mothers And Their Daughter-In-Laws? by coolviv: 7:26am On Sep 24, 2015
sunnyt1:

My guy, the way girls go dey run from you no be here o...I have so many female friends who dey avoid 1st sons like plague especially d ones with many siblings who are still coming up. The fear being that they and their children will suffer for d sake of d siblings. And this has indeed been true in most of such cases.
Re: What Is The Problem Between Mothers And Their Daughter-In-Laws? by Pidggin(f): 7:31am On Sep 24, 2015
sinaj:

Lol Itz very normal u can do a lil research on dat

It's strange.
Re: What Is The Problem Between Mothers And Their Daughter-In-Laws? by lordyugo: 8:01am On Sep 24, 2015
The first priority is ur kids , den ur wife and den ur immediate family. Its as simple as dat and God made it so, u become ONE WIT UR WIFE. Ds only applies wen u find a gud wife(cos its a blessing, women carry blessing or curse).
Re: What Is The Problem Between Mothers And Their Daughter-In-Laws? by Nobody: 9:03am On Sep 24, 2015
ireneidiva:

Its not natural to be jealous when you brother uses his gf's picture as his dp. Something is terribly wrong somewhere!

Jealous of attention or that the time the brother will spend on the sister will reduce. Not everything has to be sexualized
Re: What Is The Problem Between Mothers And Their Daughter-In-Laws? by Shebarh(f): 11:02am On Sep 24, 2015
DukeNija:

Shut da fvck up and get lost. Waste of space. With this your prayer, i will surely die b4 my sons get married. Asshole
Re: What Is The Problem Between Mothers And Their Daughter-In-Laws? by Shebarh(f): 11:03am On Sep 24, 2015
sledjama:

and when you have your child, struggle to send him to school, university, service, work.
and when it is time for him to start taking care of you.

I will surely die. Amen

and how does that sound? cool? biatch
Re: What Is The Problem Between Mothers And Their Daughter-In-Laws? by Neplusultra(f): 11:33am On Sep 24, 2015
charger09:

sharrrrraaaaappp..
what kinda human being is dis one..
she is even dividing the shit into percentage..
i dnt knw you o..buh i hate you nd d crap u wrote up der!
Lmao!!! See order o!!!! cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Zimbabwe Man Kicked Out His Parents’ House By Wife To Make Way For Her Boyfriend / Woman Sleep On The Streets After Husband's Imprisonment, Due To Lack Of Money... / What Is That Thing You Don't Pray Your Children Inherits From You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.