Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,010 members, 7,814,449 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:06 PM

What Is The Problem Between Mothers And Their Daughter-In-Laws? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Is The Problem Between Mothers And Their Daughter-In-Laws? (25971 Views)

Mothers And Daughters Who Look The Same Age (Unbelievable Photos) / Why Are Nigerian Mother In-laws Too Mean Towards Their Daughter In-laws?. / What My In-Laws Served Me (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Problem Between Mothers And Their Daughter-In-Laws? by janefrancisca(f): 4:41pm On Sep 23, 2015
Captainswag225:
dont u think the mother in law and daugher in law should both have equal ownership of the son/husband?
Of course not, it should be 75-25. Yeah, you are his mother but then he is an adult who is starting a family and not a baby.. so to an extent he needs his space. The MIL should have 25 while the DIL should have 75 because she is starting a family with her husband and she needs all the care, love, support and attention she can get from her husband. There can't be 2 captains in a boat unless it will capsize, one has to give way for the other.

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Problem Between Mothers And Their Daughter-In-Laws? by IamLEGEND1: 4:43pm On Sep 23, 2015
orobs93:
Bros abeg which app be dis?
tyconcepts:

Plz what app is this that displays ur lyrics?
Thanks as u share.
. MUSIXMATCH

Re: What Is The Problem Between Mothers And Their Daughter-In-Laws? by cipslim(m): 4:44pm On Sep 23, 2015
Shebarh:
The mother still wanna claim ownership of her son angry..Sometimes ah do pray for the Mil to die before ah even meet her son.. Awful prayer but sometimes it's the best

Seriously ? "Awful prayer but sometimes it's the best"
All you ladies saying its the best or praying for your mother in-law to die ... Remember you all will have Male Children.... imagine your daughter in-law praying for ya all to die before marrying your son....
Re: What Is The Problem Between Mothers And Their Daughter-In-Laws? by tyconcepts(f): 4:46pm On Sep 23, 2015
IamLEGEND1:
. MUSIXMATCH

Bless you.
Re: What Is The Problem Between Mothers And Their Daughter-In-Laws? by canDy4eva(f): 4:46pm On Sep 23, 2015
I rili dnt knw y itz so? May God help us women. We try to do all our best yet dey dnt c it. Am nt prayin she dies but live to c dat I ment good. D hard truth is, dey loved frm birth to his gettin married n should knw dat his wife hz d rest "loving n carin" to do till death do dem part n dat doznt mean she would stop lovin him, it simply means she should giv him space to b a husband n father. Her love should b prayers.
Re: What Is The Problem Between Mothers And Their Daughter-In-Laws? by Nobody: 4:48pm On Sep 23, 2015
Mother inlaw and daughter in law friction is one of women personality issues. Here you have two different set of persons, the MIL would be like here's is my baby boy I carried for 9months and took care of him till he met this girl that wants to take him away from
Her. So MIL have this feeling that no one can take care of her sons more than the do. That is why you see this tension between them and their daughter in laws.. The bottom line is daughter in-laws should learn to respect their mother in laws and let them not make the mistake of trying to separate their hubby from their mothers otherwise it will definitely back fire on them. grin
Re: What Is The Problem Between Mothers And Their Daughter-In-Laws? by NL1960: 4:50pm On Sep 23, 2015
A little story for prospective DIL espercially @Shebarh that has an awful wish for her future MIL to be dead before she marries the son.

My 10-year old son recently went to resume JSS1 in a boarding school in Lagos. The mother was crying after she parted from him and was not herself for some days. We live in Lagos and the distance to the school is not far.

I just laugh at her tears and told her to reflect on what the feelings of my mother were when i had to leave her at the age of 10 to go to a boarding school of a distance of about 300km from her at an era when there were no phones and the only means of communication was letter through NIPOST.

The world is a cycle. Sooner than later, it will be the turn of a DIL to be an MIL. A lady should not expect that a son would suddenly abandon a mother who had sleepless nights over him for several years.

A teaser. For instance, if a man marries at the age of 35, it means he has spent 35 years with her mother. Is there a guarantee that he will spend 35 years with the lady he is marrying?.

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Problem Between Mothers And Their Daughter-In-Laws? by LaurelP(m): 4:55pm On Sep 23, 2015
many ladies purposely steer hatred in their husband for his mother and family, even to d extent of using juju. i ve seen it with my eyes not hearsay.
tomorow they want their chijdren to marry well and settle forgeting dat karma is no respecter of persons

1 Like

Re: What Is The Problem Between Mothers And Their Daughter-In-Laws? by sassiemyk: 4:58pm On Sep 23, 2015
@op, its obvious yhu are biased. well am not married so cant give an answer but anyway e be shaa...Goddey..

Re: What Is The Problem Between Mothers And Their Daughter-In-Laws? by Expsbterror(m): 5:00pm On Sep 23, 2015
missmary:
cry
Most People are scared of getting married.. Because of their mother in laws but what i don't get is.. Why is there bad blood between most of these set of people?

For God's sake why will A MIL slap her DIL?
Calling her a home breaker?
Why?

Some people secretly wish their husband's mother should die before they get married.. Awful prayer but they are saving their head... Why would mothers feel the wives are taking their sons away?...

Why do MIL like to show supremacy over their DIL?

Why?

Lets hear all opinions on this matter

Simple.. . Women issues. #woman_matter

The basic amongst the issue which is D main course is INSECURITY btw both parties irrespective of their Ages.
Re: What Is The Problem Between Mothers And Their Daughter-In-Laws? by omojeesu(m): 5:00pm On Sep 23, 2015
Mutual suspicion arising from real and imagined negatives stories, negative cultural beliefs, sentimental / emotional frailities of the feminine 'species' and character weakness of son / husband often operating in combination.

The most important of these factors is the last and it is also the key to solving / manage the crisis and process when it is realised and corrected / reversed.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Problem Between Mothers And Their Daughter-In-Laws? by Gistben: 5:04pm On Sep 23, 2015
mega147:
Op, na u dem slap? what is ya relationship with the slapper and the slappee? If u no want MIL wahala, marry man wey e mama don die.
hshahahsghehehehe, your surname is Mr attainer
Re: What Is The Problem Between Mothers And Their Daughter-In-Laws? by omojeesu(m): 5:05pm On Sep 23, 2015
Expsbterror:

Simple.. . Women issues. #woman_matter

The basic amongst the issue which is D main course is INSECURITY btw both parties irrespective of their Ages.

Emotional attachments are at war here, beyond insecurity. Mother wont let go. Wife no go gree to 'share'. The poor son / husband is the 'cause' and the potential solver of the problem, if he is smart!
Re: What Is The Problem Between Mothers And Their Daughter-In-Laws? by Raalsalghul: 5:08pm On Sep 23, 2015
Timbuktou:

I may be an anuofia but:

Iranu is wanting your MIL dead before you marry her son.

Abasha is the thought of you moulding young lives after you have wished their grandma dead. kiss

Isn't it ironic that you don't want to die before your sons marry but you don't mind and would, in fact, be glad at the dead of your yet to be known MIL? You are the disgusting one on this thread. kiss grin

What exactly would you be contributing to the man's life that his mother hasn't contributed a million times more? If it's sex, he would most likely have got better before settling down with you and your severely desecrated train tunnel of a vagiina. You are bringing nothing he cannot do without and you want his mother dead and I'm the anuofia? I wish there was a way to show your comment to all your potential boyfriends so they see what sort of animal they want to consider wifing.
Appropriate reply!
Re: What Is The Problem Between Mothers And Their Daughter-In-Laws? by mizABC: 5:09pm On Sep 23, 2015
Is common everywhere,bt we all need wisdom to go about this wit our mothers generally.bt is nt easy when DIL can't even breath cos of MIL,d only person who can settle it all is d son and d husband so called.MIL shud face her family and leave d DiL infact if she is really d type dat as been firm d daughter in law will respect her a lot.gone are those days when our mothers respect dere mother and MIL a lot few of d ladies of dis days do respect dem.if ur MIL is strict den u av to live wit it if u want Ur home if she is nice then u lucky bt nt on any instance shud u be rude to her.if ur husband loves u den he will tell his mum her place.mama's boy will forever dance to his mum's tone.God will help us all
Re: What Is The Problem Between Mothers And Their Daughter-In-Laws? by YoungDaNaval(m): 5:11pm On Sep 23, 2015
Sabrwahaqqo:

Its like d blood af my sis runs tru ur vein on dat dp ish cheesy
Ya sis av gat a crush 4 you oh!
Re: What Is The Problem Between Mothers And Their Daughter-In-Laws? by Mekky2010: 5:12pm On Sep 23, 2015
I don't know what u guys are talking about, my brother's wife was like a girlfriend to our mum, even before my brother married her she couldn't wait for school to close before rushing to mumsy's house for hos.
And when the evil hands of cancer came, she hijacked taking care of her, mum was staying in their house until she lost the battle against cancer.
Till date she cries anytime we bring up mumsy issue., my sister and her mother in law are like 5 and 6 so I think this whole bad blood thing between mil and dil are grossly exaggerated.
Re: What Is The Problem Between Mothers And Their Daughter-In-Laws? by YoungDaNaval(m): 5:13pm On Sep 23, 2015
Sabrwahaqqo:

haha! See u . Your body wants it so bad ur mouth won't just say it cheesy tongue
Bros, na the kind cane wey u want give dah babe chop nai ah loh understand oh! Anyway, ah smell fish.
Re: What Is The Problem Between Mothers And Their Daughter-In-Laws? by YoungDaNaval(m): 5:14pm On Sep 23, 2015
Shebarh:
You are nothing but a big anuofia... Iranu abasha angry
lmao
Re: What Is The Problem Between Mothers And Their Daughter-In-Laws? by Ola17: 5:19pm On Sep 23, 2015
Timbuktou:

I may be an anuofia but:

Abasha is the thought of you moulding young lives after you have wished their grandma dead. kiss

Isn't it ironic that you don't want to die before your sons marry but you don't mind and would, in fact, be glad at the dead of your yet to be known MIL? You are the disgusting one on this thread. kiss grin

What exactly would you be contributing to the man's life that his mother hasn't contributed a million times more? If it's sex, he would most likely have got better before settling down with you and your severely desecrated train tunnel of a vagiina. You are bringing nothing he cannot do without and you want his mother dead and I'm the anuofia? I wish there was a way to show your comment to all your potential boyfriends so they see what sort of animal they want to consider wifing.
Bro thanks for putting that pleb where she rightfully belongs. These are one of the reasons getting married to a Naija lady scares the hell out of me. You can imagine someone wishing an innocent woman she's not even met death! Just because she gave birth to the unfortunate man that will call you a wife!
Re: What Is The Problem Between Mothers And Their Daughter-In-Laws? by bjstardom(m): 5:19pm On Sep 23, 2015
The solution to the problem lies in the hand of the Husband if he is smart and not a baby-man

1 Like

Re: What Is The Problem Between Mothers And Their Daughter-In-Laws? by YoungDaNaval(m): 5:22pm On Sep 23, 2015
Timbuktou:

I may be an anuofia but:

FATALITY!!!
Re: What Is The Problem Between Mothers And Their Daughter-In-Laws? by YoungDaNaval(m): 5:24pm On Sep 23, 2015
Neverquit:
1) The man has to be assertive with massaging the egos of the 2 ladies

2) Intolerance from both sides.

Ladies, it's quite ridiculous to expect your husband's mother not to come over to see her son. Haba shocked

That woman was responsible for making him fit for you to marry. Now that things are going well for him, you expect her to not enjoy the fruit of her labor? Fear God oo.

MIL (and future MIL): treat your DIL like your own daughter or niece.

What some women don't understand is a man with a healthy relationship with his mother will treat you like a queen. So encourage and nurture that healthy relationship. You'll be the one to reap the benefits.

Cherish your MIL. You too will be a MIL.
Fixed
Re: What Is The Problem Between Mothers And Their Daughter-In-Laws? by Nobody: 5:25pm On Sep 23, 2015
missmary:

You guys don't suffer it as long as you have money but for the ladies everything they do is wrong..

YOU DONT HEAR GUYS HAVING ISSUES WITH FATHER IN LAW, I THINK ITS BECOS THE LADIES ARE PROBLEMATIC.
Re: What Is The Problem Between Mothers And Their Daughter-In-Laws? by afroxyz: 5:26pm On Sep 23, 2015
The OP has already shown bias with her one sided argument. What of DIL that want to challenge the MIL? Go and ask freeze of cool FM whose firmer wife wanted to slap his mother. Una no see that one talk?
Re: What Is The Problem Between Mothers And Their Daughter-In-Laws? by freecocoa(f): 5:27pm On Sep 23, 2015
Culture ni, I blame it mostly on culture on the mother in-laws side and the remaining percentage on bad wives.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Problem Between Mothers And Their Daughter-In-Laws? by magzey: 5:28pm On Sep 23, 2015
WOMEN ARE ALWAYS WOMEN.(Q.E.D)
Re: What Is The Problem Between Mothers And Their Daughter-In-Laws? by yomi007k(m): 5:28pm On Sep 23, 2015
missmary:

You guys don't suffer it as long as you have money but for the ladies everything they do is wrong..
U know I think its homornal. Women generally don't get along with each other.

2ndly, both are just being protective of their interest becos wcheva gains control of d breadwinner actully eats d bigger. Selfishness on both parts.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Problem Between Mothers And Their Daughter-In-Laws? by freecocoa(f): 5:30pm On Sep 23, 2015
Shebarh:
You are nothing but a big anuofia... Iranu abasha angry
Seriously, how can you say such a prayer? Don't you want to be a mother in-law?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Problem Between Mothers And Their Daughter-In-Laws? by YoungDaNaval(m): 5:31pm On Sep 23, 2015
IamLEGEND1:
. MUSIXMATCH
does it requires internet connection to display the lyrics?
Re: What Is The Problem Between Mothers And Their Daughter-In-Laws? by yougosee: 5:35pm On Sep 23, 2015
jonaifame22:
The problem is the man in their life who happens to be the son of one and the husband of the other
True. The man ought always to sheild his wife from the world. Because they are one; husband and wife, according to the Bible. God never said same for mother and son.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Problem Between Mothers And Their Daughter-In-Laws? by charger09(m): 5:42pm On Sep 23, 2015
janefrancisca:
Of course not, it should be 75-25. Yeah, you are his mother but then he is an adult who is starting a family and not a baby.. so to an extent he needs his space. The MIL should have 25 while the DIL should have 75 because she is starting a family with her husband and she needs all the care, love, support and attention she can get from her husband. There can't be 2 captains in a boat unless it will capsize, one has to give way for the other.
sharrrrraaaaappp..
what kinda human being is dis one..
she is even dividing the shit into percentage..
i dnt knw you o..buh i hate you nd d crap u wrote up der!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Woman Sleep On The Streets After Husband's Imprisonment, Due To Lack Of Money... / What Is That Thing You Don't Pray Your Children Inherits From You? / Bauchi Governor Marries A 4th Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.