Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,802 members, 7,817,324 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:20 AM

Am I Right To Ask For Separation - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Am I Right To Ask For Separation (1116 Views)

Is It Right To Share House Chores Between Husband And Wife? Bamisepeters' Blog / Is It Right To Say 'Thank Ma' To Your Mother-In-Law After Eating? / Am I Right To Ask For Separation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Am I Right To Ask For Separation by Nobody: 5:56pm On Sep 23, 2015
Hello my fellow nairalanders. Pls advice. I have been married for almost 2 years now. I married a man i love but unfortunately i married one who does not return the love. I was financially ok when i was single and he was actually squatting with a friend, i believed all will be well and went ahead with the marriage. 5 months into the marriage i was still carrying all the expenses, feeding, paying rent etc. He got an offer to travel to Spain. He was only sent an iv so I foot all the bills. He got repatriated and came back but he still had valid visa so I still played for the second trip. After one year of being apart I managed to fund mybown trip down there to make the marriage work. But since I got here things have not been the same again, I have not been able to get work cos i dont have a permit yet. He isbstill hustling also but he treats me with disrespect, he hits me, calls me degrading names like " fool" etc wen I tell him about planing for future and saving he asks me if I am the one bringing the money. Its so bad that I beg him for sex. If he sees my cloth on the floor he steps on it. I have lost all forms of self esteem. I have had 2 miscarriages and he saidbi was the one licking the babies out. Wen I told him that I was adviced by a health care provider to abstain from sex in the early weeks of pregnancy that's when he will want to have sex and he is always forceful. But thank God am pregnant again and it has passed first trimester successfully but I can't bear the heartache anymore. I told him we need to talk that am not happy with how the marriage is going. He said he is not happy too, I told him maybe we need some time apart he said better cos him too is tired. Presently now am stuck in Spain but someone told me I can apply to be deported. Is it wise for me? I am concerned for the baby in my womb as going to Nigeria means I am starting afresh. Pls advice
Re: Am I Right To Ask For Separation by adedayourt(m): 5:57pm On Sep 23, 2015
yes

pls seperation frm what undecided

1 Like

Re: Am I Right To Ask For Separation by Jannie1999(f): 6:02pm On Sep 23, 2015
You should have done that a long time ago

2 Likes

Re: Am I Right To Ask For Separation by Badgers14: 6:07pm On Sep 23, 2015
What a sad story.. Though am not familiar with the system in spain as i don't live there and know nothing about how the system operates.

But here in the US, there are usually resources for pregnant mothers regardless of your immigration status like free medical care to make sure you and your unborn child are doing well medically, marriage counselling and food items.. So ask around..

Good luck..

Cheers !!!
Re: Am I Right To Ask For Separation by Nobody: 6:19pm On Sep 23, 2015
Hmmmm
Re: Am I Right To Ask For Separation by melodies: 6:31pm On Sep 23, 2015
Dear, its going to b alright. If you ask me I'd say come back home to Nigeria cos it will be one less thing to worry about. It will do both you and the baby good cos your man doesn't sound like he's going to worry much if you had any complications.

This is part of the reason why most ladies avoid broke guys. You can never really know d true character of a man until you give him a little money and power. Its well

4 Likes

Re: Am I Right To Ask For Separation by melodies: 6:46pm On Sep 23, 2015
Dear, its going to b alright. If you ask me I'd say come back home to Nigeria cos it will be one less thing to worry about. It will do both you and the baby good cos your man doesn't sound like he's going to worry much if you had any complications.
This is part of the reason why most ladies avoid broke guys. You can never really know d true character of a man until you give him a little money and power. Its well

Post edited, Op are you a guy or a babe?! Gboliwe, thanks for d heads up! op in his previous thread was sleeping with someone's wife as a male and in this thread, he/ she is a pregnant unhappily married female. Op explain please
Re: Am I Right To Ask For Separation by pet4ril(f): 6:14am On Sep 24, 2015
Children are blessings from God, ignore him for the main time till. You put to bed because things may change when he. See a new born baby. .if not dat you are pregnant. That's when I. Would have advised you to come back to Nigeria. ..for now, give him all the time to fool himself around and ignore him
Re: Am I Right To Ask For Separation by Nobody: 6:45am On Sep 24, 2015
Come back home..
But na wa o.. you still got pregnant on top all yeye treatment the guy dey give u.. you for don lock up na..

1 Like

Re: Am I Right To Ask For Separation by timy22(f): 10:34am On Sep 24, 2015
Pls come bck home, @ least you have your family nd love ones here, who will show u love nd help you incase of any thing.

If I were you,
I will come bck home, get some cash, start a small business till I give birth!

Nd after giving birth, I wil prepare myself for a better future with a worthy and a Godly fearing partner!

Stop living a miserable life over there by forcing ur self on some1 who careless about you!

forget the shame it will cause u, your happiness matters here, Come back ome, they is a gentle and caring man out there who will treat you right nd marry u, even with that baby!

You deserve to be happy , come bck home!
Re: Am I Right To Ask For Separation by Pidggin(f): 11:02am On Sep 24, 2015
...................... shocked
Re: Am I Right To Ask For Separation by amtheone(m): 2:58pm On Sep 24, 2015
timy22:

Pls come bck home, @ least you have your family nd love ones here, who will show u love nd help you incase of any thing.

If I were you,
I will come bck home, get some cash, start a small business till I give birth!

Nd after giving birth, I wil prepare myself for a better future with a worthy and a Godly fearing partner!

Stop living a miserable life over there by forcing ur self on some1 who careless about you!

forget the shame it will cause u, your happiness matters here, Come back ome, they is a gentle and caring man out there who will treat you right nd marry u, even with that baby!

You deserve to be happy , come bck home!

Timy, u too like gentle and God fearing man. grin
Re: Am I Right To Ask For Separation by timy22(f): 8:35pm On Sep 24, 2015
amtheone:

Timy, u too like gentle and God fearing man. grin
Abi o!wink
Re: Am I Right To Ask For Separation by amtheone(m): 8:43pm On Sep 24, 2015
timy22:

Abi o!wink

Hope u are gentle and God fearing ohhhhhh?
Re: Am I Right To Ask For Separation by KanwuliaJara: 9:04pm On Sep 24, 2015
Mtcheeeeeeeeeeeeew!

One of those "EYITAYO" threads!

*waka passing jeje* cool
Re: Am I Right To Ask For Separation by Acidosis(m): 9:54pm On Sep 24, 2015
You married a wrong man, mama. It is well

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Bride And Groom Get Married In The Style Of The Walking Dead Series / Sisters Lifting Sisters / A Nairalander Share Throwback Picture To Mark Her Birthday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.