Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,057 members, 7,818,172 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:25 AM

Politics And Religion-my Experience At Eid Praying Ground Ilorin With Photos - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Politics And Religion-my Experience At Eid Praying Ground Ilorin With Photos (29947 Views)

Video Of Saraki's 'Attack' At The Praying Ground Earlier Today / Saraki Arriving The Eid Praying Ground In Illorin Today (Photos) / People Stone Saraki At Ilorin Eid Praying Ground - Newsrescue.com (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Politics And Religion-my Experience At Eid Praying Ground Ilorin With Photos by passionate88: 1:14pm On Sep 24, 2015
pity
Re: Politics And Religion-my Experience At Eid Praying Ground Ilorin With Photos by godoluwa(m): 1:14pm On Sep 24, 2015
Am loving d drama. next is Obasanjo, Aregbesola & Ajimobi Insha Allah

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Politics And Religion-my Experience At Eid Praying Ground Ilorin With Photos by anonimi: 1:16pm On Sep 24, 2015
ruuudboy:
I lost my slippers during d scuffle of trying to find my way out and had to walk barefooted to the main road.We could hear the agony of people on our way out saying "a ti gbon (we are wise)"....thief, they didnt pay our salary and they are enjoying with their families.....

from our observation, kwara people are tired of their livelihood, most of them are lamenting and some of them couldnt help it as they wanted to confront the police that were providing security at the praying ground saying they caused all this and were the one supporting the politicians...u dare not say anytyn positive about the government except u want to be lynched.

Thanks for your eyewitness report and sorry about losing your slippers. undecided

When will Osogbo/Osun people also become wise and react same manner to AreGbese who is using their heads to play football while putting the bailout he received from Sai Baba in fixed deposit instead of paying OWED salaries & pensions to DYING workers and old pensioners?

Where is the change

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2756359_ares_jpegc62de399b8edbf55f2b6c6770556bb70

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Politics And Religion-my Experience At Eid Praying Ground Ilorin With Photos by Nobody: 1:17pm On Sep 24, 2015
I blamed everything on Islam, that religion can cause anything, quote me wrong and get SmackDown. where's my Biafra passport? traveling out tomorrow by the special grace of God.

1 Like

Re: Politics And Religion-my Experience At Eid Praying Ground Ilorin With Photos by jamace(m): 1:20pm On Sep 24, 2015
At last, the masses have become wise that our politicians are using religion to fool us, stealing our commonwealth yet we respect them because they belong to our religion. Kudos to Kwara people. More of this should happen in other states Mosques and churches. Our political leaders must be taught to lead or be dealt with.

2 Likes

Re: Politics And Religion-my Experience At Eid Praying Ground Ilorin With Photos by porigho: 1:20pm On Sep 24, 2015
They should stone all of them.Greedy bunch of criminals
Re: Politics And Religion-my Experience At Eid Praying Ground Ilorin With Photos by shamecurls(m): 1:21pm On Sep 24, 2015
Confirmed Story from reliable source. Saraki was pelted with stone and its presently all over the media.

Wailing Wailers! Over to Una o

1 Like

Re: Politics And Religion-my Experience At Eid Praying Ground Ilorin With Photos by godoluwa(m): 1:21pm On Sep 24, 2015
HOMOTOYOSI10:
I get video sef
Plz upload d video
Re: Politics And Religion-my Experience At Eid Praying Ground Ilorin With Photos by Mishydoo(m): 1:23pm On Sep 24, 2015
[size=14pt]Ehn,wev hrd ur story...bet where was Boko Haram wen all ds was happening grin[/size]
Re: Politics And Religion-my Experience At Eid Praying Ground Ilorin With Photos by kinglord(m): 1:23pm On Sep 24, 2015
ok
Re: Politics And Religion-my Experience At Eid Praying Ground Ilorin With Photos by ecel: 1:23pm On Sep 24, 2015
Propagandist. Aregbesola imported thugs (O' boys) from Osogbo. That is what they are known to do best.
Re: Politics And Religion-my Experience At Eid Praying Ground Ilorin With Photos by ExInferis(m): 1:24pm On Sep 24, 2015
ruuudboy:
Am not a fan of politics and i dont support any politicians because i believe they are all the same, likewise when it comes to religion, am very conservative and dont argue abt religion with people, i believe in freedom of religion.

It was by the grace of Almighty God witnessing another sallah on earth...being in ilorin this very moment afford me the opportunity to witness first hand how our suppose leaders have brainwash our political thinking with politics.

Am just in ilorin for some official engagement and as usual on every sallah day, we have to go to the eid ground for prayer and today was no exception.

I left with my guy as early as quarter to nine with the believe that prayer will be called at exactly 9am as i was used to in my area in Lagos but to my surprise when we got to gomola roundabout and everywhere was still free...my guy suggested we should stay around the junction as everywhere will be crowded soon but i decline saying we should get to the playing ground i even laugh it off that i will love to stay behind the imam to oversee all what will happen and listen to

we got to the eid ground and after looking for space, we got a space not too far to where the imam was and we can see the imam clearly, i mock my guy saying am enjoying d view instead of staying somewhere where i will just be listening to voice alone.

barely 20mins after we settled down, dat was about 20mins to 10am, we started hearing noice, most people were on their feet shouting and i started asking what was happening, somebody beside us said "maybe its saraki that arrived"....in other to do away with my curiousness, i stood up to peep and there it was, our senate president was the one that walked in...

everything was stand still from that moment and we couldnt hear any sermon again.....all we were hearing was side talk.....i guess after like 15mins of standstill and the imam couldnt help it again, all we heard was "sofullilahi" which signale that it was time for prayer.

We stood up and started praying but people were still making noise but by the time everywhere was silent that was when i started hearing some people shouting "ole" "ole"....."saraki ole"....everywhere was tensed that imam wanted to make mistake along the line during "rukuu" when he suppose to say "semi allahu limon amidahu (Only God knows who worship him)" and wanted to say "Allahu Akbar (Allah is great)"....but he corrected himself immediately.

The moment imam said "salam aleikum waramotullahi" signalling end of prayer, before those of us could respond to him, everywhere was scattered and people started scampering in different directions "ileya ooo" "e ma duro ooo (dont wait)" ....everybody around the place was running up and down finding the best available route outside the praying ground.....

some people started shouting "ole" "ole".....and started throwing stones....me and my guy had to hold ourselves and walk through a bush part to jump a fence outside the praying ground. I lost my slippers during d scuffle of trying to find my way out and had to walk barefooted to the main road.We could hear the agony of people on our way out saying "a ti gbon (we are wise)"....thief, they didnt pay our salary and they are enjoying with their families.....

from our observation, kwara people are tired of their livelihood, most of them are lamenting and some of them couldnt help it as they wanted to confront the police that were providing security at the praying ground saying they caused all this and were the one supporting the politicians...u dare not say anytyn positive about the government except u want to be lynched.

so my problem is, how do we get here? How did we get to a stage of mixing religion with politics that our prayers had to be standstill cos of arrival of the SP......how did we get to the situation of going to pray to God and wouldn't have peace of mind and be scared of something bad happening cos of politics and our politicians.

Definitely kwara/ilorin people at large are not happy with their leaders and politicians but should this be mixed with religion?

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2891319_20150924100916_jpegc3047c7bf0326865df8e4b1ef3358aea

In your narration i cannot find where religion was mixed with politics.

Even at the point of prayers people are allowed to chase off a thief come to steal, or a snake come to kill.

To Kwarans Saraki is both a thief and a snake.

2 Likes

Re: Politics And Religion-my Experience At Eid Praying Ground Ilorin With Photos by arabianights: 1:25pm On Sep 24, 2015
HOMOTOYOSI10:
I get video sef

Load am [code][/code]
Re: Politics And Religion-my Experience At Eid Praying Ground Ilorin With Photos by ERAKAMUS: 1:27pm On Sep 24, 2015
OP Change heading to Islam/Politics
Re: Politics And Religion-my Experience At Eid Praying Ground Ilorin With Photos by dotlanre(m): 1:27pm On Sep 24, 2015
[quote author=tswitch post=38333180]OP your story reeks and it is not fish!

No picture of chaos.
No picture of stoning.
Inconsistencies in the story.(eg dram occurred at end of prayers in your report meanwhile it is middle of prayers in other reports)
Too much words and little detail concentrated around your "highlight".

The onus falls on you to provide a credible telling of your story else we call it exactly what it looks like - a poorly written fabrication from the cauldrons of the APC!

[you taught dis was fabricated, dis one nah season film. We here knows its true
Re: Politics And Religion-my Experience At Eid Praying Ground Ilorin With Photos by Ezemann(m): 1:29pm On Sep 24, 2015
Guy without the government making an enabling environments people cannot practice their so called RELIGION sad politics and religions are dichotomous.
Re: Politics And Religion-my Experience At Eid Praying Ground Ilorin With Photos by ERAKAMUS: 1:30pm On Sep 24, 2015
godoluwa:
Am loving d drama. next is TINUBU, Obasanjo, Aregbesola & Ajimobi Insha Allah
Re: Politics And Religion-my Experience At Eid Praying Ground Ilorin With Photos by darne(m): 1:31pm On Sep 24, 2015
Saraki one chance on this one o shocked shocked
Re: Politics And Religion-my Experience At Eid Praying Ground Ilorin With Photos by abu12: 1:32pm On Sep 24, 2015
[size=16pt]@op is true that the state governor failed 2 show up @ d praying ground and that he is aware of the plan protest? Is true dat saraki use kwara state money on Dino and the rest 2 win senate pres and the state governor was unable 2 pay salary? [/size]

3 Likes

Re: Politics And Religion-my Experience At Eid Praying Ground Ilorin With Photos by Blessedjyde: 1:34pm On Sep 24, 2015
You should have tried to add pix or video. Good work
Re: Politics And Religion-my Experience At Eid Praying Ground Ilorin With Photos by Johnnyessence(m): 1:34pm On Sep 24, 2015
people of this country are now wising up. no way for saraki again enough of his leadership he's a thief and should be jailed.
Re: Politics And Religion-my Experience At Eid Praying Ground Ilorin With Photos by philips70(m): 1:36pm On Sep 24, 2015
anonimi:

Thanks for your eyewitness report and sorry about losing your slippers. undecided

When will Osogbo/Osun people also become wise and react same manner to AreGbese who is using their heads to play football while putting the bailout he received from Sai Baba in fixed deposit instead of paying OWED salaries & pensions to DYING workers and old pensioners?

Where is the change

Na wao, this Aregbe daughter sha! Make God forgive me but... undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Politics And Religion-my Experience At Eid Praying Ground Ilorin With Photos by gunners160(m): 1:36pm On Sep 24, 2015
ignis:
Muslims are violent people, Who always resort to violence and chaos at all times and all places. Even in the so called holy mosque.
Can you imagine this happening in the church? Capital No.
The violent gods must be very happy with this happening.
Mumu,who told you that such incident can't happen in a church? I am a christain but I dnt take rubbish from any rubbish;Saraki deserves what he got "we need change"

4 Likes

Re: Politics And Religion-my Experience At Eid Praying Ground Ilorin With Photos by anonimi: 1:37pm On Sep 24, 2015
philips70:

Na wao, this Aregbe daughter sha! Make God forgive me but... undecided undecided

......she resemble im papa well well grin grin
make I complete am for you na tongue

1 Like

Re: Politics And Religion-my Experience At Eid Praying Ground Ilorin With Photos by phyllosilicate(m): 1:38pm On Sep 24, 2015
I was there too, I am in Ilorin for a function and had to pray at that ground; but I prayed at the back. Though I don't support saraki, i believe those people were hired, because i don't believe that a muslim that makes intention to go to eid, would be shouting OLE during salat.
People that distrupt salat of thousands because of worldly gains should fear Allah.
Re: Politics And Religion-my Experience At Eid Praying Ground Ilorin With Photos by Johnnyessence(m): 1:38pm On Sep 24, 2015
philips70:

aregbesola's legacy will be respected any day any time
Re: Politics And Religion-my Experience At Eid Praying Ground Ilorin With Photos by FUTYGUY(m): 1:39pm On Sep 24, 2015
Why can't they leave this man alone. 100% sure that those vagabond's were rented crowd
Re: Politics And Religion-my Experience At Eid Praying Ground Ilorin With Photos by Johnnyessence(m): 1:40pm On Sep 24, 2015
anonimi:

Where is the change

aregbesola's name will be written in gold we are more civilised in south west than ever before

1 Like

Re: Politics And Religion-my Experience At Eid Praying Ground Ilorin With Photos by philips70(m): 1:40pm On Sep 24, 2015
anonimi:

......she resemble im papa well well grin grin
make I complete am for you na tongue

Aregbe fine pass that girl abeg..
Re: Politics And Religion-my Experience At Eid Praying Ground Ilorin With Photos by bdchange(m): 1:41pm On Sep 24, 2015
I believe the people are the cause of their misfortunes because if d same saraki were to contest again and share some goodies inline wit it. Bet me d same ppl will still praise him and vote for him.

Xo until we learn to do d ryt tin no mata d outcome den our politicians will continue to manipulate us ova and ova tilll....God knowssss

1 Like

Re: Politics And Religion-my Experience At Eid Praying Ground Ilorin With Photos by Volksfuhrer(m): 1:42pm On Sep 24, 2015
I wished our politicians were smarter than brazenly looting the treasury!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Invite Goodluck Jonathan For Questioning, Northern Clerics Tell Security Agencie / Fayose Inspects Multiple Projects By 1:25am In Ikere(photos) / Uchechi Wendy Okah Is Dead (Ebonyi Commissioner)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.