Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,840 members, 7,820,925 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:26 AM

Your God Is Too Small - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Your God Is Too Small (19102 Views)

Funke Adejumo's UK Ban: Daddy Freeze, Adelaja & Mayowa Are Too Small To Ban Rev. / Prepare To Meet Your God (An Excerpt): The Rapture And Great Tribulation! / "T.B Joshua Is Too Small" - Apostle Johnson Suleman (Throwback Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your God Is Too Small by dalaman: 1:02pm On Sep 27, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

You've said that you dont believe the Big Fraud Theory and Scamvolution . I hope you know the time of the universe was through the instance of expansion till now . You've also asserted that the universe is eternal . So suddenly you are now sure the universe is 13billion yrs old ?

Ah Ah brother . Your tardiness is there all for to see and you are shamelessly ignoring it

No where did I claim that the universe is eternal. Can you point to where I made such an assertion? Based on scientific calculations the universe is 13 billions years old. Do you have any method of showing us the age of the universe?

The same God said you need to study to show yourself approved . And gain wisdom and understanding

He gave Solomon wisdom , so did Solomon eat all the fruits on the tree of knowledge ? undecided This is not a rhetorical question

Who is Solomon? Why are you telling me about mythical characters? What am I to do with them?
Re: Your God Is Too Small by KingEbukasBlog(m): 1:12pm On Sep 27, 2015
dalaman:

Who is Solomon? Why are you telling me about mythical characters? What am I to do with them?

Who is Solomon ? You claim to have read all three religious books - the bible , Koran and the Hindus' book

When your own words come back to embarrass you .

You are a shameless liar and hypocrite . An ignorant anti-theist who lives in his world formed/created without any purpose .

A snippet of your foolishness and link to your shameful disgusting personality

https://www.nairaland.com/2557475/delusions-forgiveness-christian-morality/7#37552195

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Your God Is Too Small by dalaman: 1:27pm On Sep 27, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

Who is Solomon ? You claim to have read all three religious books - the bible , Koran and the Hindus' book

You are a shameless liar and hypocrite . An ignorant anti-theist who lives in his world formed/created without any purpose .

https://www.nairaland.com/2557475/delusions-forgiveness-christian-morality/7#37552195

Why the vitriol? Solomon is a mythical character talked about in the bible and the Koran. You can not provide any evidence to show that he ever lived. Do you have his picture or any evidence to show that such a person ever lived? Repeating religious stories doesn't count, it is just like me telling you about Hercules because I read it in some Greek religious book. If you want to interact with me, then you better come up with your verifiable evidence, assertions that have no evidence will not be entertained.

1 Like

Re: Your God Is Too Small by shiinihost: 1:34pm On Sep 27, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

Honestly, you are disgracing Christianity on this board.
Re: Your God Is Too Small by KingEbukasBlog(m): 1:37pm On Sep 27, 2015
dalaman:

Why the vitriol?

You can tell lies ehh grin grin

Solomon is a mythical character talked about in the bible and the Koran. You can not provide any evidence to show that he ever lived. Do you have his picture or any evidence to show that such a person ever lived? Repeating religious stories doesn't count, it is just like me telling you about Hercules because I read it in some Greek religious book. If you want to interact with me, then you better come up with your verifiable evidence, assertions that have no evidence will not be entertained.

Lolz

Works of solomon have been discovered and their date coincide with the time of Solomon
Re: Your God Is Too Small by KingEbukasBlog(m): 1:38pm On Sep 27, 2015
shiinihost:

Honestly, you are disgracing Christianity on this board.

k
Re: Your God Is Too Small by frank317: 1:51pm On Sep 27, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

Lol... out of words right? Alright its time u stop emarassing yourself Mr. Ebuka.

Seriously... Do u actually think you are a representative of the almighty creator? Sorry by what qualification did he select you? I bet he must be covering his face in shame.

1 Like

Re: Your God Is Too Small by winner01(m): 1:52pm On Sep 27, 2015
dalaman:

But reality shows that they are powerful against the children of God. How many christians have muslims kill and are still killing regularly in the name of Islam? Where is Jehovah to save them despite their cries and pleas unto him for help and protection? That aside, according to them it is your own God that is the false one, go and read their own religious scriptures.

[b]That question was asked severally in the Bible. I want you to realize that the christian walk is not an easy walk just as there is no easy way to success.

Just as christians love to quote bible verses for protection, they tend to suppress other scriptures which are equally relevant and point us toward walking down a road that none of us who are sane want to travel, the path of suffering.
Paul learned this when he said; "For I will shew him how great things he must suffer for my name's sake" (Acts 9:16). 2 Timothy 2:12 tells us that "If we suffer, we shall also reign with him."
There is more to God than just wanting to rescue us from everything so that it all goes our way all the time. "For what glory is it, if, when ye be buffeted for your faults, ye shall take it patiently? but if, when ye do well, and suffer for it, ye take it patiently, this is acceptable with God" ( 1 Pet. 2:20 ).

God wants us to learn from suffering and He wants to strengthen us through it. "But and if ye suffer for righteousness' sake, happy are ye: and be not afraid of their terror, neither be troubled;" (1 Peter 3:14 ).

A christian's attitude is supposed to change from one of fear and avoidance to that of embracing the suffering before us.
As Christians, God does not promise to preserve our physical bodies during our earthly lives unless it serves His purposes and allows us to accomplish His will for us. The suffering in our paths can only hurt us so much. We may die physically, but only God has charge over our soul and He has promised to preserve our souls.
Most times when suffering is in front of us, we naturally look for a way out of it, you will agree that there is no way out, Christians are actually to run toward it and accept it as part of His plan for us.
Now that is where it is hard to understand again, to accept that God allows us to be killed, even beheaded. However, Christ went down that road, "For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:" (1 Pet. 3:18).
We all want to be Christ-like, but most of the time that means only in ways we agree with or want.
Christ made it clear although that if we want to be like Him, we will have suffering, not possibly, but will. That just goes against the grain of what many Christian churches m teach nowadays. Jesus Christ explained to those who said they were following Him that He was their food and they did not understand because they did not want to understand. "When Jesus knew in himself that his disciples murmured at it, he said unto them, Doth this offend you? What and if ye shall see the Son of man ascend up where he was before? It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life. But there are some of you that believe not.

A sound christian fears no evil, not even death. The carnal man sees death as the ultimate, we see it as a transition into glory.

"Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell."-(matt 10:28) [/b]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Your God Is Too Small by winner01(m): 1:54pm On Sep 27, 2015
dalaman:

1. The majority of the people that believe in the Gods believe in different Gods and Goddesses. All of which depend on the place and family you are born into. Your God is a false God according to the beliefs of other people. Belief has nothing to do with reality and reality does not depend of what people believe neither does it also depend on the number of people that believe in anything. At a time most people believe that evil spirits causes diseases until someone discovered that diseases were caused by mindless microscopic organisms. Most people also believed the earth was the center of the universe until a single person against all odds showed people that they were wrong. Reality has nothing to do with belief, because about a 1.7 billion muslims believe that if you take pebbles and stone some elusive devil in Mecca you will prosper in all you do, but does the reality we see around us agree with that belief? Reality has nothing to do with numbers.

[b]The Bible refers to many other gods. When satan fell with his angels, what did you expectundecided.

Ill like to agree that people tend to believe what works for them. Take for example;
Buddhists – agnostic about God.
Hindus – millions of Gods.
Islam – Jesus is NOT God.
Christianity centres on Jesus and his divinity.
I say Don’t seek what works, seek what is true.

How do we now know which is true, we need to sift the evidence, to see if a case can be made. Of all the perspectives, Christianity is based upon truth and argument and evidence. How is it then different from the other systems.
Take for example;
Islam; What if Mohammed was lying? You either accept it or reject it. There is no evidence gor his revelation.
Christianity; Over 40 authors, from different centuries, some of which did not even know themselves, would have had to be lying.

Of all the leaders in the world, Jesus alone claimed that he was God himself and backed that up with miracles and rising from the dead. If those things happened, then my quest, our quest for God stops with him.
So the question you should ask is: Are the New Testament documents historically reliable?

You can read up Luke 1:1-4. Luke's intention was to record accurate history. Why should we believe that he did. Whenever we put the New Testament to the test archaeologically, it has been confirmed over and over again. We have been able to verify many details that are merely incidental. Legend isn't like this. Eg. the pools at Bethesaida [ John 5:2 ].

I know christianity is true cos;
-Because Christianity Teaches the Correct Worldview
-Because the Bible is God’s Word
-Because Jesus Confirmed His Claims
-Because of the Resurrection
-Because I and many others have drawn an inference from findings. [/b]
dalaman:

2. Which of their inventions or discoveries has anything to do with God? Where does your God mention gravity in his story book? A lot of Islamic, Hindus, Buddhist etc also made scientific discoveries that also had nothing to do with their religious beliefs. Science has nothing to do with any God. They did not read any part of the bible before they discovered anything, in fact all the things they discovered had nothing to do with all the myths and fiction written inside the bible. You think if the writes of the bible knew anything about gravity they wouldn't have included it inside their creation mythology?
[b]"He spreads out the northern skies over empty space; he suspends the earth over nothing." Job 26:7 NIV

"He stretcheth out the north over the empty place, [and] hangeth the earth upon nothing." Job 26:7 KJV

This verse is indicative that the earth was suspended in space [i.e., gravity and "hanging upon nothing"] as opposed to being held upon the shoulders of Atlas, or carried on the backs of giant elephants or raised up on pilars and/or other mythological beliefs about the Cosmos that were present during this time frame. (About 2 millenium BCE)

"The earth [is] the LORD'S, and the fullness thereof; the world, and they that dwell therein." Psalm 24:1 KJV
While the NIV has rendered it, "and everything in it" generally "fullness" was accepted (by some explanatory texts) as not only to mean inclusive of all life, but of a round earth ("Full"wink as opposed to being a flat earth, as was the traditional belief for centuries in succession to this.

Gravity is a physical law referenced throughout the entire Bible. I could give you a hundred verses that agrees with the laws of gravity if you want. [/b]
dalaman:

3. Which creator are you talking about? My creator is Brahma, can you show that to be false?
Some believe their god to be a fish, some water, some objects. Man may find just anything to idolize, Its still a result of demonic posession. In the Bible, God's people found something to idolize which led moses to break the 10 commandments.
Re: Your God Is Too Small by KingEbukasBlog(m): 1:54pm On Sep 27, 2015
frank317:

Lol... out of words right? Alright its time u stop emarassing yourself Mr. Ebuka.

Seriously... Do u actually think you are a representative of the almighty creator? Sorry by what qualification did he select you? I bet he must be covering his face in shame.

Frank ... answer my question ... thanks
Re: Your God Is Too Small by winner01(m): 1:55pm On Sep 27, 2015
shiinihost:

If all these men are false prophets, who then are the real prophets? No matter the doctrine you put out, you must find at least one Christian that would use the same bible and the same holy spirit to disprove you. If the Bible is the word of God, is the word of God confused?
The word of God is not confused, people are. Just as you are confused if catholicism is the way. People justify evil even without the Bible, An armed robber may tell you he's into it cos of unemployment, afterall Nigerian leaders also steal our money. There is no justification for evil.
Re: Your God Is Too Small by winner01(m): 1:55pm On Sep 27, 2015
shiinihost:

I'm a Catholic. All your arguments.

A complex universe didn't come by itself, right? How come a complex God that made that universe just puffed out of nothing?

Like a Ferrari.... a super car....can it just be made by a JSS 1 naija guy? no it must be made my an even super team of engineers. and those engineers didn't just sleep and wake up super engineers.
"That you cannot prove God's non-existence is accepted and trivial, if only in the sense that we can never absolutely prove the non-existence of anything. What matters isnt whether God is disproveable, BUT WHETHER HIS EXISTENCE IS PROBABLE." - Richard Dawkins.

I say and will always say, probe your existence first before that of the Creator. Its senseless when people say God came out of nothing "Hell probe your existence first!!. If there was really a Creator, did you think your created senses could ever probe His existence... Be objective here.
Re: Your God Is Too Small by winner01(m): 1:56pm On Sep 27, 2015
shiinihost:

pastor chris, TD Jake's, oyedepo, TB joshua all bring up non scriptural concepts?

Like seriously? Even the Catholic doctrines are also rubbished by holy spirit inspired Christians. So who then are we to believe?

This is the main reason Why I do not go to church.
Man failed you, not God. Hece the reason you stopped going to church. You stopped in your quest to know more about God and at the same time ruminating on devilish ideologies. You have shown you are easily swayed. Stand your ground in your quest for God, you will find Him.
Re: Your God Is Too Small by winner01(m): 1:57pm On Sep 27, 2015
dalaman:

1. The bible supports all kinds of things, it supports rape, murder, slavery, pillage, wars, sexism and all sorts of vices that is why there are many different sects all using the bible according to their beliefs and opinion. Stop talking about the bible as it it has a clear and universal doctrine. It does not, it is just a book that is scattered and can be used to support anything depending on the opinion of the reader.
[b]It is estimated that there are today over 27 million people in the world who are subject to slavery: forced labor, sex trade, inheritable property, etc. As those who have been redeemed from the slavery of sin, followers of Jesus Christ are the foremost champions of ending human slavery in the world today.

Now the Bible does not specifically condemn the practice of slavery. But it gives instructions on how slaves should be treated ( Deuteronomy 15:12-15 ; Ephesians 6:9 ; Colossians 4:1 ).

What you fail to understand is that slavery in biblical times was very different from the slavery that was practiced in the past few centuries in many parts of the world. The slavery in the Bible was not based exclusively on race. People were not enslaved because of their nationality or the color of their skin. In Bible times, slavery was based more on economics; it was a matter of social status. People sold themselves as slaves when they could not pay their debts or provide for their families. In New Testament times, sometimes doctors, lawyers, and even politicians were slaves of someone else. Some people actually chose to be slaves so as to have all their needs provided for by their masters.

The slavery of the past few centuries was often based exclusively on skin color. In the United States, many black people were considered slaves because of their nationality; many slave owners truly believed black people to be inferior human beings. The Bible condemns race-based slavery in that it teaches that all men are created by God and made in His image Genesis 1:27. At the same time, the Old Testament did allow for economic- based slavery and regulated it. The key issue is that the slavery the Bible allowed for in no way resembled the racial slavery that plagued our world in the past few centuries.

In addition, both the Old and New Testaments condemn the practice of “man-stealing,” which is what happened in Africa in the 19th century. Africans were rounded up by slave-hunters, who sold them to slave-traders, who brought them to the New World to work on plantations and farms.
This practice is abhorrent to God. In fact, the penalty for such a crime in the Mosaic Law was death: “Anyone who kidnaps another and either sells him or still has him when he is caught must be put to death” Exodus 21:16.

Similarly, in the New Testament, slave-traders are listed among those who are “ungodly and sinful” and are in the same category as those who kill their fathers or mothers, murderers, adulterers and perverts, and liars and perjurers (1 Timothy 1:8–10 ).

The Bible is to point the way to salvation, not to reform society. The Bible often approaches issues from the inside out. If a person experiences the love, mercy, and grace of God by receiving His salvation, God will reform his soul, changing the way he thinks and acts. A person who has experienced God’s gift of salvation and freedom from the slavery of sin, as God reforms his soul, will realize that enslaving another human being is wrong. He will see, with Paul, that a slave can be “a brother in the Lord” ( Philemon 1:16 ). A person who has truly experienced God’s grace will in turn be gracious towards others. That would be the Bible’s prescription for ending slavery.

As for murder, In order for God to commit murder, He would have to act “unlawfully.” We must recognize that God is God. “His works are perfect, and all His ways are just. A faithful God who does no wrong, upright and just is He” (Deuteronomy 32:4 ; Psalm 11:7 ; 90:9 ). He created man and expects obedience

(Exodus 20:4-6 ; Exodus 23:21 ; 2 John 1:6 ). When man takes it upon himself to disobey God, he faces God’s wrath (Exodus 19:5 ; Exodus 23:21-22 ; Leviticus 26:14-18 ). Furthermore, “God is a just judge, and God is angry with the wicked every day.

Nowhere in Scripture can we find where God killed “innocent” people. In fact, compared to God’s holiness, there is no such thing as an “innocent” person. All have sinned (Romans 3:23 ), and the penalty for sin is death ( Romans 6:23a ). God has “just cause” to wipe us all out; the fact that He doesn’t is proof of His mercy.

Until the final judgment, there is always mercy to be found. Every person dies in God’s own time (Hebrews 9:27 ; Genesis 3:19 ). Jesus holds the keys of death (Revelation 1:18 ). Ill ask you; Does the fact that everyone experiences physical death make God a “killer”? In the sense that He could prevent all death, yes. He allows us to die. But He is no murderer. Death is part of the human experience because we brought it into the world ourselves (Romans 5:12 ). One day, as John Donne put it, “Death shall be no more; death, thou shalt die.” God, in His grace, has conquered death for those who are in Christ, and one day that truth will be fully realized: “The last enemy to be subdued and abolished is death” (1 Corinthians 15:26 ).
God is faithful to His word. He will destroy the wicked, and He holds “the unrighteous for the day of judgment, while continuing their punishment” (2 Peter 2:9 ). But He has also promised that “the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord” ( Romans 6:23b ). [/b]
dalaman:

2. Your picture is clearly thrash because I have never claimed that the universe created us or that if you throw grains sand into the air it will turn into a living being. Can you show me where any athiest here on naira land has ever made such a claim? You are obviously obtuse and not sound enough with this kind of ridiculous logic you are bandying.

Just the answer i expected. Gibberish!!!
My picture aint trash, it only hit you where you didnt expect. There's no God according to you, man must have been a great coincidence, then answer the question.

@bolded, thats a stup1d question cos you people claim not to believe in anything. Y'all are so empty. What then is the reason for man. Be sensible please.

1 Like

Re: Your God Is Too Small by shiinihost: 1:57pm On Sep 27, 2015
winner01:
The word of God is not confused, people are. Just as you are confused if catholicism is the way. People justify evil even without the Bible, An armed robber may tell you he's into it cos of unemployment, afterall Nigerian leaders also steal our money. There is no justification for evil.

Good. if the word of God is not confused, but men are, why do God rely on confused men to defend himself? why won't He just prove to us that He exists, by Himself, and not confused men like you, sire, defending His existence.
Re: Your God Is Too Small by winner01(m): 1:57pm On Sep 27, 2015
shiinihost:

handle? That's a strong world. I Don't think you have what it takes. you keep going round in circles, dribbling yourself and discreetly accepting your ignorance. You've not made a single viable point here.
Your meaningless back and forth brought you here. As a matter of fact, dishonesty is seen all over your comments. Be honest, seek God in truth, you'll find him

@bolded. Tell me, how do i make sense to you when you've closed your mind to reason, its like trying to make sense to the insane
Re: Your God Is Too Small by KingEbukasBlog(m): 2:00pm On Sep 27, 2015
shiinihost:

Good. if the word of God is not confused, but men are, why do God rely on confused men to defend himself? why won't He just prove to us that He exists, by Himself, and not confused men like you, sire, defending His existence.

If you like windows OS over Macintosh , its your choice to defend what you like .
Re: Your God Is Too Small by shiinihost: 2:02pm On Sep 27, 2015
winner01:
Your meaningless back and forth brought you here. As a matter of fact, dishonesty is seen all over your comments. Be honest, seek God in truth, you'll find him

@bolded. Tell me, how do i make sense to you when you've closed your mind to reason, its like trying to make sense to the insane

prove a thing to me without referring back to the bible. Pretend that i've not heard about the bible for once, or even Christianity.
Re: Your God Is Too Small by winner01(m): 2:02pm On Sep 27, 2015
shiinihost:

why won't He just prove to us that He exists,
You make a terrible liar, You dishonesty is really something. This is someone who claims to be christian. What did you mean by "us" if i may ask. So you were willing to go to any length to make people believe that you are a "honest christian seeking answers". You really need help.

3 Likes

Re: Your God Is Too Small by winner01(m): 2:06pm On Sep 27, 2015
shiinihost:

I'm an open minded Christian. That I'm a Christian shouldn't make me closeminded and stupid. If Christ wasn't inquisitive, there wouldn't have been Christianity.
Christ was honest, you are just a sneaky mischievious liar

1 Like

Re: Your God Is Too Small by KingEbukasBlog(m): 2:08pm On Sep 27, 2015
@shiinihost ... you had tell lies just to win an argument grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Your God Is Too Small by Nobody: 2:09pm On Sep 27, 2015
stephenduru:
Bros u dnt need a mere knowledge to understand God.You will understand Almighty God better if u are spiritual
u dt understand better since u r spiritual explain to him
Re: Your God Is Too Small by shiinihost: 2:10pm On Sep 27, 2015
winner01:
You make a terrible liar, You dishonesty is really something. This is someone who claims to be christian. What did you mean by "us" if i may ask. So you were willing to go to any length to make people believe that you are a "honest christian seeking answers". You really need help.

Yes, i am a christian by birth. But i need more than birth to remain a christian. I need concrete answers that would solidify my faith in God and His existence. (notice i always refer Him with a Capital H)

I want to be sure that i'm not taken for a ride by some elitist conspiracy.
Re: Your God Is Too Small by shiinihost: 2:12pm On Sep 27, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:
@shiinihost ... you had tell lies just to win an argument grin grin grin

sorry, but i don't have anything to prove to you. i am a christian. You either believe that or you don't, your wahala.

My religion or not, shouldn't be a problem for God. He is the God of all. He should be able to prove to Christians and non Christians that He exists. After all, He is the God of ALL.
Re: Your God Is Too Small by KingEbukasBlog(m): 2:18pm On Sep 27, 2015
shiinihost:

sorry, but i don't have anything to prove to you. i am a christian. You either believe that or you don't, your wahala.

My religion or not, shouldn't be a problem for God. He is the God of all. He should be able to prove to Christians and non Christians that He exists. After all, He is the God of ALL.

You claim to be a christian and don't know Christ shall come again to shame all doubters and "prove" his existence
Matthew 16:27

27 For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works.

Revelation 1:7

7 Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen
Re: Your God Is Too Small by winner01(m): 2:21pm On Sep 27, 2015
dalaman:

Can you demonstrate how something can exist outside time?
[b]Your question should be "can you explain" not "can you demonstrate". Its like asking you to demonstrate how man came into existence. It makes no sense.

In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth ( Genesis 1:1 ). (Time was created)

This verse tells us that God was acting before time when He created the universe. Many other verses from the New Testament tell us that God was acting before time began, and so, He created time, along with the other dimensions of our universe:

No, we speak of God's secret wisdom, a wisdom
that has been hidden and that God destined for our
glory before time began. (1 Corinthians 2:7 )

This grace was given us in Christ Jesus before the
beginning of time (2 Timothy 1:9 )

The hope of eternal life, which God... promised
before the beginning of time (Titus 1:2 )

To the only God our Savior, through Jesus Christ
our Lord, be glory, majesty, dominion and authority,
before all time and now and forever. Amen. (Jude
1:25 )

Justin Martyr, a second century Christian apologist, in his Hortatory Address to the Greeks, said that Plato got the idea that time was created along with the universe from Moses:

"And from what source did Plato draw the information that time was created along with the heavens? For he wrote thus: 'Time, accordingly, was created along with the heavens; in order that, coming into being together, they might also be together dissolved, if ever their dissolution should take place.' Had he not learned this from the divine history of Moses?"

Since we live in a universe of cause and effect, we naturally assume that this is the only way in which any kind of existence can function. However, the premise is false. Without the dimension of time, there is no cause and effect, and all things that could exist in such a realm would have no need of being caused, but would have always existed.

Therefore God has no need of being created, but, in fact, created the time dimension of our universe specifically for a reason - so that cause and effect would exist for us. However, since God created time, cause and effect would never apply to His existence.

God exists in more than one dimension of time. Things that exist in one dimension of time are restricted to time's arrow and are confined to cause and effect. However, two dimensions of time form a plane of time, which has no beginning and no end and is not restricted to any single direction. A being that exists in at least two dimensions of time can travel anywhere in time and yet never had a beginning, since a plane of time has no starting point.

The idea that God can be eternal leads some people to the idea that maybe the universe is eternal, and, therefore, God doesn't need to exist at all.
Actually, this was the prevalent belief of atheists before the observational data of the 20th century strongly refuted the idea that the universe was eternal. This fact presented a big dilemma for atheists, since a non-eternal universe implied that it must have been caused.
Maybe Genesis 1:1 was correct! Not to be dismayed by the facts, atheists have invented some metaphysical "science" that attempts to explain away the existence of God.

Hence, most atheistic cosmologists believe that we see only the visible part of a much larger "multiverse" that randomly spews out universes with different physical parameters. Since there is no evidence supporting this idea (nor can there be, according to the laws of the universe), it is really just a substitute "god" for atheists.

And, since this "god" is non-intelligent by definition, it requires a complex hypothesis, which would be ruled out if we use Occam's razor, which states that one should use the simplest logical explanation for any phenomenon. Purposeful intelligent design of the universe makes much more sense, especially based upon what we know about the design of the universe.

When Stephen Hawking, George Ellis, and Roger Penrose extended the equations for general relativity to include space and time, the results showed that time has a beginning - at the moment of creation (i.e., the Big Bang). In fact, many professors make such a claim - that the universe had a beginning and that this beginning marked the beginning of time.
Such assertions support the Bible's claim that time began at the creation of the universe.
God has no need to have been created, since He exists either outside time (where cause and effect do not operate) or within multiple dimensions of time (such that there is no beginning of God's plane of time). Hence God is eternal, having never been created.

Although it is possible that the universe itself is eternal, eliminating the need for its creation, observational evidence contradicts this hypothesis, since the universe began to exist a finite 13.8 billion years ago. The only possible escape for the atheist is the invention of a kind of super universe, which can never be confirmed experimentally (hence it is metaphysical in nature, and not scientific). [/b]

1 Like

Re: Your God Is Too Small by winner01(m): 2:25pm On Sep 27, 2015
shiinihost:

prove a thing to me without referring back to the bible. Pretend that i've not heard about the bible for once, or even Christianity.
I would thump you logically, but you initiated christianity and scriptures, Dalaman did too. Thats why i used scriptures. So try again, you might be lucky next time.

2 Likes

Re: Your God Is Too Small by winner01(m): 2:29pm On Sep 27, 2015
shiinihost:

Yes, i am a christian by birth. But i need more than birth to remain a christian. I need concrete answers that would solidify my faith in God and His existence. (notice i always refer Him with a Capital H)

I want to be sure that i'm not taken for a ride by some elitist conspiracy.
If truly you are honest, you would show it.
If you are showing it honestly and im not seeing it, then you are doing it very unintelligently.. You might need to read up your posts and see your "honesty". Seems to me like you've already made up yoir mind. Be honest, you'll find answers.

2 Likes

Re: Your God Is Too Small by shiinihost: 2:33pm On Sep 27, 2015
winner01:
If truly you are honest, you would show it.
If you are showing it honestly and im not seeing it, then you are doing it very unintelligently.. You might need to read up your posts and see your "honesty". Seems to me like you've already made up yoir mind. Be honest, you'll find answers.

you are the one not being honest here bro. This is a discourse, and you already entered it with a made up mind. That is why i want to be sure of what made you believe absolutely that God does exist.
Re: Your God Is Too Small by winner01(m): 2:39pm On Sep 27, 2015
frank317:

I would call you an animal cos you evolved from one, (of course you might not believe). I would call you nothing cos you came from nothing, maybe you dont believe that too.
You are an embarassment to humanity. You believe you have no essence, purpose, cause. How much can y'all sound any more insane

1 Like

Re: Your God Is Too Small by winner01(m): 2:41pm On Sep 27, 2015
shiinihost:

you are the one not being honest here bro. This is a discourse, and you already entered it with a made up mind. That is why i want to be sure of what made you believe absolutely that God does exist.
Please think befor typing, ill like people to check my first post and yours to see who was more objective. You made up your mind to lie or what undecided

2 Likes

Re: Your God Is Too Small by shiinihost: 2:43pm On Sep 27, 2015
winner01:
Please think befor typing, ill like people to check my first post and yours to see who was more objective. You made up your mind to lie or what undecided

Go back to church and since some more Hozanah. This thread is obviously not for you.

I give up. angry

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

What Happened To Brother Emma And Lazarus Of The Voice Of The Cross / Who Is This Allah? Pdf Book By G J O Moshay / Father Oluoma: If Your Wife Slaps You, Go And Drink Beer (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 125
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.