Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,833 members, 7,824,469 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 10:51 AM

What Wrong Did Igbo People Commit ? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Wrong Did Igbo People Commit ? (2964 Views)

What did Igbo Do With The 3 Year Allocation Awolowo Paid Into Zik's Account / More Nigerians Commit Suicide As Obasanjo's Policy Takes Its Toll (Throwback) / Amina Mohammed And Her "Social Media Team". What's Wrong With It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Wrong Did Igbo People Commit ? by Princedapace(m): 8:26am On Sep 25, 2015
I don't see Nigeria going any where...A region wanted to secede but the federal govt prevented them and there was a war...I begin to wonder when request to secede became a crime. Now, they posted something for their own memory and some people are here fighting them and I am sure those fighting them are from south too. This is why North we always rule this country. What I don't understand is why Yoruba and Igbo people hate one another so much. You guys don't like easterners and you still don't want them to secede and you laugh over their move to secede. I cry for this country. Why are we like this? You hate something and you don't want it to leave you. What wrong did Igbo people do ? That they wanted to secede from a marriage they think wouldn't favour them? Are they the only region to have done that in this world?

And to hold a federal government sponsored troop for 3 years is not a small achievement. Hunger policy was initiated to make the war difficult for them. Now, we are united right? But what have we achieved so far? After many years of unity, we still import paper! Can't we just think or we just want to exhibit hatred? What have we gained fighting one another all in the name of tribalism? If we cant work, we separate, it's that simple. I can assure you guys that the people benefiting from this unity are our politicians. This country is backward because we agreed to live in fake unity. I love a united country but it should be based on mutual agreement and true love. I just don't understand all these. We hate one another and yet we laugh at those who wanted to secede, is that not an irony? If other regions had this zeal exhibited by easterners back then, I think this country would have gone far in terms of development. A region can be technically better than other regions, it's not a crime. If those guys could manufacture some things to help fight the war for more than 2 years, no matter how useless you think the equipment were, we should appreciate their efforts. This means that if they good environment and nurtured that same creativity, by now, they would have been manufacturing more sophisticated equipments. You laugh at Aba made products, it's simply because you wear the uniform of tribalism, because I don't see any reason for that. Aba guys make things out of nothing, they create things outside government supports. Think about it what they could have achieved if they had enabling environment.

If we want to live together, we should truly love one another, we hate ourselves, South Africans hate us, white people hate us, Indians hate us, Arabs hate us, Asians hate us, even our brothers in African hate us not to talk of North Africans...this is why we are still like this! We hate one another and others hate us. We have so much but we lack almost everything. Our politicians continue to take advantage of this fault...this fake unity! I am not agitating for break up but we shouldn't condemn those who had the courage to make the first move. A lot would have been corrected back in 1960s, no wonder an Idian man told his friend that nothing can be brought from Nigeria to India and that we import everything. We know all these yet, we attack our selves, abusing people who saw that this marriage won't work far back in 1960. WTF!!...

Well, this post will still not make sense to a lot of us because we hide in the uniform of tribalism. We are here fighting one another, while politicians and their children are busy living large. I don't see anything wrong with Igbo people celebrating their forefathers...If this unity had produced development and success, then, we can all laugh at them but the unity didn't produce any development, it's not a success. NYSC was even initiated to enhance unity, now, how many youths want to serve in other regions especially in the north? Can't we think? Cant we think? This country can not make any reasonable development because of tribalism, NEVER! Recently, UK govt carried out a true referendum to know if Scottish citizens wanted to secede from UK govt and it was done mutually and no condemnation. Why is Nigeria's own by fire by force? How many years of marriage with nothing to show for it? Logically, the people that are meant to be laughing are easterners. Do you know why? It's because the so called unity has not achieved anything for this country after decades of forced marriage. Before you start attacking me, ask your self if what I am lying! Your conscience will surely tell you the truth but you will still attack me because you hate truth. Since the marriage must hold, we should try and show love to one another, southerners should stop envying one another...there is no gain in hatred. If we should hate one another so much, we should break up then.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Wrong Did Igbo People Commit ? by Nobody: 8:27am On Sep 25, 2015
cry

1 Like

Re: What Wrong Did Igbo People Commit ? by Nobody: 8:29am On Sep 25, 2015
The crime is including other tribes land and property in their Map.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Wrong Did Igbo People Commit ? by OrIandoOwoh(m): 8:31am On Sep 25, 2015
South south is still sleeping.. When she wakes up, the tides would change..

2 Likes

Re: What Wrong Did Igbo People Commit ? by PentiumPro(f): 8:34am On Sep 25, 2015
Just go with your five 100% igbos speaking part of Nigeria and voila you get Biafra, trying to rope in other non Igbo speaking territory will be looking for trouble.

12 Likes

Re: What Wrong Did Igbo People Commit ? by Princedapace(m): 8:43am On Sep 25, 2015
PentiumPro:
Just go with your five 100% igbos speaking part of Nigeria and voila you get Biafra, trying to rope in other non Igbo speaking territory will be looking for trouble.

That was what they asked for but our Nigeria refused granting them that?

They would have stayed on their own na...

They are living with us all in the name of unity, the same unity our Nigeria preached and fought for and we are still attacking them for living with us? Why not allow them go? Why not support their quest to secede? Since we don't want them in this 'unity'

This is pure irony!

4 Likes

Re: What Wrong Did Igbo People Commit ? by PentiumPro(f): 8:46am On Sep 25, 2015
Princedapace:

They are living with us all in the name of unity, the same unity our Nigeria preached and fought for and we are still attacking them for living with us? Why not allow them go? Why not support their quest to secede? Since we don't want them in this 'unity'

This is pure irony!
I support Biafra 100%

5 Likes

Re: What Wrong Did Igbo People Commit ? by McCarlito(m): 8:58am On Sep 25, 2015
If only nigerians can love one another.... Cos united; nigeria is unstopable...

Meanwhile; I'm still waiting for the future leaders to emerge.. All these old politicians still keeps rotating power among themselves
Re: What Wrong Did Igbo People Commit ? by BashMe1(m): 9:03am On Sep 25, 2015
Greed!

4 Likes

Re: What Wrong Did Igbo People Commit ? by roughdiamond(m): 9:11am On Sep 25, 2015
Africa is my continent,Biafra is my country.I don't even believe in 3Nigeria to talk of 1Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: What Wrong Did Igbo People Commit ? by ARIZONA123(m): 9:15am On Sep 25, 2015
PentiumPro:
. Bastard!

2 Likes

Re: What Wrong Did Igbo People Commit ? by Nobody: 9:17am On Sep 25, 2015
Biafra reminds Yorubas that Odua would have being undeveloped as Togo and Benin. grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Wrong Did Igbo People Commit ? by Nobody: 9:19am On Sep 25, 2015
killalligbos:
[color=#990000]Greed. They were trying to annex other people's land in their rotten map. If they agree to form their biafra from their 5 wretched igbos states then no problem. Nigeria will even grant them biafra today if they agree to do so. Don't pity for them cos they are all the same. They were responsible for GEJ's loss to Buhari cos he allowed them to hijack his government. Once a thief always a thief. Igbos are a disease and cancer to Nigeria and Africa.

And you still refused the disease seceding.

OK I understand that you don't want to be like Togo that's why you guys hate Biafra. grin

4 Likes

Re: What Wrong Did Igbo People Commit ? by patrick89(m): 9:20am On Sep 25, 2015
Don't worry when Biafra comes you all will be ready for our bombardment! All of you that killed igbo in 1966 will pay for it.... quote me anywhere....

4 Likes

Re: What Wrong Did Igbo People Commit ? by meforyou1(m): 9:27am On Sep 25, 2015
PentiumPro:
ashawo kobo kobo

1 Like

Re: What Wrong Did Igbo People Commit ? by Nobody: 9:28am On Sep 25, 2015
killalligbos:
look at this fool. your fate will be worse than that of Pakistan. no wonder you are badly trying to include south south.

p.s im a pure Delta boy.

Delta has tribes.

Which tribe are you from.? grin

5 Likes

Re: What Wrong Did Igbo People Commit ? by Rose2014: 9:31am On Sep 25, 2015
killalligbos:
look at this fool. your fate will be worse than that of Pakistan. no wonder you are badly trying to include south south.

p.s im a pure Delta boy.

Yoruba claiming SS

So u u opened this moniker few minutes ago to claim your new found origin?

Ndi ofe mmanu eh

Pure delta ko, Togolese ni

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Wrong Did Igbo People Commit ? by QuotaSystem: 9:34am On Sep 25, 2015
patrick89:
Don't worry when Biafra comes you all will be ready for our bombardment! All of you that killed igbo in 1966 will pay for it.... quote me anywhere....

Keep quiet.

You could not do it in 1966 with planning and an army Major as leader, talk less of now under an inexperienced noise making casanova based in England that has never corked a gun in his entire life grin

5 Likes

Re: What Wrong Did Igbo People Commit ? by Nobody: 9:34am On Sep 25, 2015
killalligbos:
Urhobo. From Alaka, Uvwie LGA

Did you not hear us properly

All Edoids ethnic groups are not needed in Biafra.

Period

And that includes Urhobo

So we wish you guys a great monarchy Benin republic.

May God bless your Benin empire to be.

Now leave us and our Biafra alone. cool

2 Likes

Re: What Wrong Did Igbo People Commit ? by ayokellany: 9:37am On Sep 25, 2015
Princedapace:

This is pure irony!

The irony to me is Biafrans not asking to secede from the man they gave 99% of their vote Only to demand such from a man they loathe and believe this same man will be so threatened to grant their wish.

SMH

Why would any rational being seek a gift/right from an enemy rather than a friend ? This is the kind of question I expect you to answer.

2 Likes

Re: What Wrong Did Igbo People Commit ? by QuotaSystem: 9:45am On Sep 25, 2015
WhiteTechnology:

PerioD

And that includes Urhobo

Dunce the question is why are Igbos hated and still refused Biafra, and you have been issued a simple answer;

Take your 5 fully Ibo speaking states and Nigeria will celebrate you with a send-forth. Try to take states with other ethnic nationalities with you and you will be met with deadly force.

It's that simple really.

5 Likes

Re: What Wrong Did Igbo People Commit ? by Nobody: 9:48am On Sep 25, 2015
QuotaSystem:

Dunce the question is why are Igbos hated and still refused Biafra, and you have been issued a simple answer;

Take your 5 fully Ibo speaking states and Nigeria will celebrate you with a send-forth. Try to take states with other ethnic nationalities with you and you will be met with deadly force.

It's that simple really.

Mumu what did I say

We have rejected those who rejected Biafra

That's why only those who believe in Biafra will join us out of free will grin

4 Likes

Re: What Wrong Did Igbo People Commit ? by QuotaSystem: 9:48am On Sep 25, 2015
ayokellany:

The irony to me is Biafrans not asking to secede from the man they gave 99% of their vote Only to demand such from a man they loathe and believe this same man will be so threatened to grant their wish.

SMH

Why would any rational being seek a gift/right from an enemy rather than a friend ? This is the kind of question I expect you to answer.

Of course under GEJ it was one Nigeria all the way!

The greedy selfish fools think everyone have caught amnesia since May 29th grin

2 Likes

Re: What Wrong Did Igbo People Commit ? by PentiumPro(f): 9:49am On Sep 25, 2015
ARIZONA123:
. Bastard!
That is the name your grandfather calls your mum. Go and and ask her. grin

6 Likes

Re: What Wrong Did Igbo People Commit ? by PentiumPro(f): 9:50am On Sep 25, 2015
WhiteTechnology:
Biafra reminds Yorubas that Odua would have being undeveloped as Togo and Benin. grin
Without Nigeria, yiboess will still be jumping on trees in the Biafrans jungle cheesy

3 Likes

Re: What Wrong Did Igbo People Commit ? by QuotaSystem: 9:56am On Sep 25, 2015
WhiteTechnology:

Mumu what did I say

We have rejected those who rejected Biafra

That's why only those who believe in Biafra will join us out of free will grin

Nobody is 'joining' you, they can immigrate to Biafra and become citizens through naturalization if they so wish, but no inch outside those 5 states territory will be conceded.

The bottom line is you will only get Biafra along Nigeria's terms (IF and WHEN govt decides to stop ignoring you).

Otherwise you know na...

5 Likes

Re: What Wrong Did Igbo People Commit ? by truefact: 9:59am On Sep 25, 2015
Yorubas are fetish evil...anything good will forever allude them...I know one day they will pay severely for their diabolical and incestuous evil

1 Like

Re: What Wrong Did Igbo People Commit ? by zendy: 9:59am On Sep 25, 2015
WhiteTechnology:

Period

And that includes Urhobo

I think the OP pretty much said it all. Nigeria is an instrument of exploitation set up by the British. The exploitation still carries on,the only thing that changed is the skin colour of those doing the expliotation. I think that those who believe in Biafra should start aknowledging that Urohbos, Itsekiris and Isokos may not be down with Biafra and belong with their Edo brothers in Nigeria. A Biafran is someone who it shouldn't be too difficult to convince about the importance of freedom. I think we should stick with ones who have shown commitment to Biafra in the past such as the Ibibios,Efiks,Anangs, Oron and the rivers people, and of course, Delta-Igbos

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Governor Okorocha’s 11 Imported Suv’s Worth N15m Each Impounded By Custom / Senate Warns President Buhari To Stop Committing Impeachable Offences / EXCLUSIVE | Why Buhari Refused To Forward Onnoghen’s Name To NASS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.