Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,110 members, 7,818,311 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:24 PM

At What Point Can We Say That One Is Educated? - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / At What Point Can We Say That One Is Educated? (21689 Views)

Everyone Is Born Creative, But It Is Educated Out Of Us At School / Top Ten Most Educated States In Nigeria - WAEC 2016 / When We Say Dentistry And Dental Surgery........its Another Tougher Ministry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: At What Point Can We Say That One Is Educated? by davide470(m): 5:35pm On Sep 26, 2015
Isk:

Nowadays there are different professional coursesto meet the needs of just about anyone.
Street smarts will only get you so far
Sweetie! Baby! My Brown Sugar! grin

I missed you in here.
Re: At What Point Can We Say That One Is Educated? by Isk(f): 5:39pm On Sep 26, 2015
davide470:
Sweetie! Baby! My Brown Sugar! grin

I missed you in here.
lol
Hi sugar. I missed you too kiss
I won't be going anyway anytime soon wink
Re: At What Point Can We Say That One Is Educated? by davide470(m): 5:50pm On Sep 26, 2015
Isk:
lol Hi sugar. I missed you too kiss I won't be going anyway anytime soon wink
Awww. Baby.. I missed you more.
Re: At What Point Can We Say That One Is Educated? by morichy(m): 5:58pm On Sep 27, 2015
Education is the process of acquiring skills(psyco-motor domain), knowledge( cognitve) and attitude(affective).....An individual may actually be schooling but at the same time be regarded as uneducated...Education is expecteed to affect the social behaviour of d person being educated....During convocations you hear an academia say "He is found worthy both in CHARACTER and in learning..
Re: At What Point Can We Say That One Is Educated? by Nobody: 11:25am On Nov 02, 2015
morichy:
Education is the process of acquiring skills(psyco-motor domain), knowledge( cognitve) and attitude(affective).....An individual may actually be schooling but at the same time be regarded as uneducated...Education is expecteed to affect the social behaviour of d person being educated....During convocations you hear an academia say "He is found worthy both in CHARACTER and in learning..

1 Like

Re: At What Point Can We Say That One Is Educated? by erne: 4:41am On Jan 19, 2017
Knowledge is power! An uneducated person will always be cheated!

Re: At What Point Can We Say That One Is Educated? by dataideas: 11:03am On Nov 07, 2017
Re: At What Point Can We Say That One Is Educated? by JamesOwens: 4:36pm On Jul 24, 2018
You can read here a great article about this topic. I believe that it will be really useful to you in the future. Knowledge should be available to everyone.
Re: At What Point Can We Say That One Is Educated? by ElRapido: 5:26pm On Jul 24, 2018
For me as a person in his right state of mind and senses, I would say everyone except, of course, the mad people is educated.

Let's see, Education doesn't necessarily mean been enclosed in the four walls of the classroom learning calculus or algebra. Education, according to Wikipedia, is the process of facilitating learning , or the acquisition of knowledge , skills, values ,
beliefs , and habits .

As we can see from the above explanation, being educated doesn't have a scale on which we can measure one's level of education. Allow me to illustrate further, A professor of Mathematics that took his car to a mechanic for repair is judged by the society as educated but same society may 'probably' judged the mechanic as uneducated but when the mechanic breaks down the issue that is wrong with the prof's car the professor will almost definitely look dumb - and like someone mentioned up there, you will be cheated if you are uneducated. We can all agree that in this scenario the professor is uneducated and can be well cheated - but that doesn't negate the fact the professor is educated and in many ways, the mechanic has shown that he as well is educated in his own choice of field.

What is often misunderstood is taking the synonyms of uneducated as illiterate and educated as literate, which shouldn't be case because as I earlier mentioned education can take place in
formal or informal settings and any experience that has a formative effect on the way one thinks, feels, or acts may be considered educational.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

List Of Universities And Polytechnics Marine Engineering In Nigeria / Does Undergraduate Course Of Study Really Matter? / 5-Year-Old Boy Who "Repairs Motorcycles" In Makurdi Benue, To Raise School Fees

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.