Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,159 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:24 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (173) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2605254 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Thetherapist: 8:32pm On Aug 20, 2016
princessayinke:
Hello all. I am about applying for the EE. I have my ielts result ready L8.5 R7 S7 W7.5. My credentials have been evaluated by WES. When i did a check on if i am eligible my CRS was 400. I am thinking of applying for PNP but i cant seem to find a province thats in need of physiotherapists

Can I know how WES evaluated your physiotherapy degree? As a professional degree or just ordinary first degree.
Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by sholemania: 6:18am On Aug 21, 2016
https://c.ymcdn.com/sites/www.cerc.ca/resource/resmgr/government_relations/Express_entry_national_stake.pdf

Have you guys seen this?
Some prospective change coming to express entry...
It's a game changer

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Thetherapist: 7:56am On Aug 21, 2016
Thetherapist:

Check out Newfoundland and follow up. Physiotherapist was listed in the occupation in demand the last time it opened for PNP. Don't know if it would still be.
My major concern now is the proof of eligibility to practice as a physiotherapist in the province. You will have to include that in your application package.
If interested, I would advice you start your credentialing process with the Canadian physiotherapy board ( can't recollect the full name Jare) to get your proof of eligibility. Its costly though.
Sorry, I meant nova Scotia PNP. Not newfoundland. Physiotherapist is part of the occupation in demand.
See this http://www.immigration.ca/en/nova-scotia-immigration.html#express_entry though they aren't accepting applications now but physiotherapy was among the occupation in demand in the last app. Hopefully it would be when they open again for application
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by olurotimi1: 11:35am On Aug 21, 2016
Why delay in issuing AOR by Accra VO to pnp candidates. What could be done. Delay in AOR will cause delay in MR.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Saturi: 7:30pm On Aug 21, 2016
Hello All,

I currently work as an IT project manager with PMP certification and other IT related certifications. However, I realized my occupation falls under (NOC 1221 hopefully am correct) hence, i discovered from my research so far that it's not been in the occupation-demand list of SINP, NovaScotia, NewFoundland & NewBrunswick.

My question here is, does my NOC 1221 ever get updated for occupation in demand by any of the above-listed provinces which makes it eligible to apply for the PNP or if there are other provinces that require my NOC that I didn't mention above.

Your inputs will be appreciated.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by lavivaavril(f): 8:15pm On Aug 21, 2016
sholemania:
https://c.ymcdn.com/sites/www.cerc.ca/resource/resmgr/government_relations/Express_entry_national_stake.pdf

Have you guys seen this?
Some prospective change coming to express entry...
It's a game changer

Wow, this is some good news

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by princessayinke: 8:30pm On Aug 21, 2016
Thetherapist:

Can I know how WES evaluated your physiotherapy degree? As a professional degree or just ordinary first degree.
Thanks
Thank you so much. WES evaluated my degree as equivalent to a 4yr canadian bachelor degree. I was surprised when physiotherapy wasn't listed as a professional degree
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by OFFICIALAEL: 8:39pm On Aug 21, 2016
House I am still looking for a province to apply to. I checked up BC, I didn't meet the score of 135. Please can anyone advice a province to apply to. My Noc falls under NOC B 1221
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 2:00am On Aug 22, 2016
lavivaavril:

Wow, this is some good news
Good news for in-country applications if it sails through.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by richieadeolu: 5:56am On Aug 22, 2016
Pls does anyone knows how to hasten credential assessment by WES? we've been on it for some time now.
Secondly does anybody have an idea of how long it takes from when application is submitted after ITA and eventual nomination by Manitoba?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by easther25: 9:11am On Aug 22, 2016
Good morning people, so good to be here for the very first time. Please i am applying for immigration (skill worker program) hoping to travel with my husband but he is currently out of the country. I am the principal applicant. I have written my ielts exams and done wes evaluation... I hope my documentation covers for my
husband too. Am yet to submit my application form.. Please any more information i need to know concerning this application.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Ruby31: 10:06am On Aug 22, 2016
Jango97:

@Ruby31 please what does the AOR mean? Is it different from the general auto response you get when you send your CV and EOI forms toentree.express.entry@gnb.ca? Brcause thats the only thing i got.

AOR means Acknowledgement of reciept. It is dfifferent from the auto reponse you get when you send your CV and EOI form. You will get the AOR via email, after you must have sent in your full application after getting an Invitation to Apply (ITA) from NB as well as any other province.

Since you submitted your EOI online, you will be given/sent an ITA via mail (unlike those who got it in person while attending an info session), if your NOC is in demand. After you have gotten the ITA, then you will send in your documents/full application within a number of days. The AOR is what will come next AFTER they receive and have gone through the basic check/review of your application. The AOR usually comes with a Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) number.

Hope this helps.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Jango97: 12:16pm On Aug 22, 2016
@Ruby31. Thanks it does help.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Thetherapist: 2:03pm On Aug 22, 2016
princessayinke:

Thank you so much. WES evaluated my degree as equivalent to a 4yr canadian bachelor degree. I was surprised when physiotherapy wasn't listed as a professional degree

Oh oh! Maybe I would use IQAS to assess and see if they would assess otherwise like they did for lawyers o
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by trishachi: 3:01pm On Aug 22, 2016
Please does anyone know what NOC SAP Plant Maintenance Professional/Consultant falls under? and what provinces have this in their occupation on demand. Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by princessayinke: 3:30pm On Aug 22, 2016
Thetherapist:

Oh oh! Maybe I would use IQAS to assess and see if they would assess otherwise like they didoh for lawyers o
oh yeah! Now you are going to make me opt for that too. But mehn!!!!this exchange rate isnt smiling o. And i have spent money.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by muyiwaojo1(m): 3:42pm On Aug 22, 2016
Hello everyone, please can a student visa be granted to someone who already has an existing express entry profile??
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by hartson(m): 3:50pm On Aug 22, 2016
richieadeolu:
Pls does anyone knows how to hasten credential assessment by WES? we've been on it for some time now.It varies base on certain factors-How fast you are able to prepare and send your transcript by courier or snail mail to and from WES.Secondly does anybody have an idea of how long it takes from when application is submitted after ITA and eventual nomination by Manitoba?
You use your PN certificate to apply for EE for eventual issuance of ITA.The time varies as well.Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by hartson(m): 3:55pm On Aug 22, 2016
easther25:
Good morning people, so good to be here for the very first time. Please i am applying for immigration (skill worker program) hoping to travel with my husband but he is currently out of the country. I am the principal applicant. I have written my ielts exams and done wes evaluation... I hope my documentation covers for my(Your husband will still provide his own test result report & ECA to qualify,your documents alone wont work.
husband too. Am yet to submit my application form.. Don't submit yet,let him sit for the test and do his ECA.Please any more information i need to know concerning this application.
Cheers
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 4:03pm On Aug 22, 2016
Unfortunately, Physiotherapy is not listed as one of the Professional degrees needed to practice in a licensed profession. The degrees that are accepted are: medicine, veterinary medicine, dentistry, podiatry, optometry, law, chiropractic medicine, and pharmacy.

Check this link for more details
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/eca-conversion.asp

princessayinke:

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by omozu1(m): 5:00pm On Aug 22, 2016
I am a truck driver with over 5 years driving experience
Any chance for me and my family of three?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Thetherapist: 6:22pm On Aug 22, 2016
dupyshoo:
Unfortunately, Physiotherapy is not listed as one of the Professional degrees needed to practice in a licensed profession. The degrees that are accepted are: medicine, veterinary medicine, dentistry, podiatry, optometry, law, chiropractic medicine, and pharmacy.

Check this link for more details
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/eca-conversion.asp

I really don't know why physiotherapy isn't listed. Physiotherapy is a licensed profession in all province in Canada. You can't practice without a license both as an internationally educated physiotherapist and Canadian trained. It requires a written and clinical exam to get licensed. Same thing is applicable here in Nigeria. Physiotherapy is a licensed profession just like pharmacy. Its Bachelor of physiotherapy. Only if there is something else I'm not getting right.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by vcole: 12:35am On Aug 23, 2016
Ircc listed the professional degrees that they would award the points for "first professional degree" aka fpd to and physiotherapy isn't one of those . They do not mean that physiotherapy (or any another professional degree) is not a professional degree, but that for the purpose of express entry, IRCC would only award fpd points to those they have specifically listed.
Thetherapist:

I really don't know why physiotherapy isn't listed. Physiotherapy is a licensed profession in all province in Canada. You can't practice without a license both as an internationally educated physiotherapist and Canadian trained. It requires a written and clinical exam to get licensed. Same thing is applicable here in Nigeria. Physiotherapy is a licensed profession just like pharmacy. Its Bachelor of physiotherapy. Only if there is something else I'm not getting right.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by hartson(m): 1:07am On Aug 23, 2016
omozu1:
To start with,your occupation skill probably fall in NOC C or D which you do not qualify for EE.Your skill of 5 years exp is eligible if only you apply under the FST stream,but the issue is that you can apply via that stream only if you are already residing in Canada.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 3:30am On Aug 23, 2016
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Gymme(m): 6:51am On Aug 23, 2016
This is Skill Level C-7511.

http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/NOC/2011/ProfileQuickSearch.aspx?val=7&val1=7511&val65=*

You may need to go through a slightly different route (although Provincial Nominee is an option too, which i would personally advise you go through). This involves getting certification from a province.

So you would need to meet the requirements to get certified as a truck driver (which might include writing an exam, especially getting a higher driver licence, maybe Class 3 atleast).

omozu1:
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Gymme(m): 7:00am On Aug 23, 2016
Yes because they are two different streams.

muyiwaojo1:
Hello everyone, please can a student visa be granted to someone who already has an existing express entry profile??

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Garykasparov: 8:27am On Aug 23, 2016
easther25:
Good morning people, so good to be here for the very first time. Please i am applying for immigration (skill worker program) hoping to travel with my husband but he is currently out of the country. I am the principal applicant. I have written my ielts exams and done wes evaluation... I hope my documentation covers for my
husband too. Am yet to submit my application form.. Please any more information i need to know concerning this application.

@Easther25, You are welcome, Good you have done the needful, an additional advice will be to start building your bank account vis-a-vis the amount required by CIC for your number of family(find on Page 0)
Please proceed by applying into the express entry pool, your application will cover you and your family as you must declare them. However, if you need additional points in the pool, you will have to encourage your hubby to sit the IELTS and get his credentials evaluated.

@Hartson, your response was really inappropriate that time.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Ladon7: 10:58am On Aug 23, 2016
Good mng my pple, pls my result is L6R5.5S6.5W7. Pls wat are my chances if I apply for a remark.pls I need ur advice
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 11:10am On Aug 23, 2016
You cannot apply for remark in listening and Reading. As your reading score is 5.5, you will need to rewrite IELTS in order to be eligible for Express Entry. The result might work if you are strictly going through PNP from provinces that still allow paper application. However, it will not fly for any application that involves EE.

My advice is for you to study harder and rewrite IELTS. Your target should be 8.5, 8, 7.5 and 7.5 in LRSW.

Ladon7:
Good mng my pple, pls my result is L6R5.5S6.5W7. Pls wat are my chances if I apply for a remark.pls I need ur advice
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 11:14am On Aug 23, 2016
Engineering is a licensed profession too in Canada and it is not listed. I simply don't know the basis of selecting only the few ones on the list.
Thetherapist:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Thetherapist: 4:18pm On Aug 23, 2016
dupyshoo:
Engineering is a licensed profession too in Canada and it is not listed. I simply don't know the basis of selecting only the few ones on the list.

OK. I understand better now. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) ... (821)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.