Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,839 members, 7,813,809 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:48 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (179) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2602105 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by almubby: 8:14am On Sep 04, 2016
Hello guys,

I just checked my result online and found the following:
Listening - 7.0
Reading - 7.0
Writing - 7.5
Speaking - 6.5
Overall - 7.0

I intend requesting for a re-mark. Can I possibly get an upward review of my speaking score?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 9:20am On Sep 04, 2016
@papaking1

Hello dear, just as dupeshoo said, you need not be desperate. Don't do what will jeopardize the chances of your family. Integrity goes a long way. A friend was asked to provide additional bank statement and her current balance as at then was NGN 4,000. She sent it with a letter stating bulk of her funds are in Tbills and she couldn't just leave funds lying in her account unjustly due to the situation in the economy. She's in Canada now. All the best.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 11:55am On Sep 04, 2016
This does not have to be cash. .....documents to show proof is also accepted.So long you have cash at point of entry

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp

@papaking1

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by OFFICIALAEL: 12:24pm On Sep 04, 2016
Thank you @dupyshoo I did as you adviced, your posts are very very enlightening. Thanks again
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by justwise(m): 1:14pm On Sep 04, 2016
@All

I have just deleted some posts talking about bank statement confirmation by CIC..my apologies for that. However, there is no need for such question/discussion here because you have nothing to worry about if all your documents are genuine the embassy can go ahead to verify all they want.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by OGIYEN: 9:44pm On Sep 04, 2016
@dupyshoo,if like you get a job offer from Canada which gives you a point of 600,is it compelling to still write the ielts?.
Tanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by tundechange: 10:59pm On Sep 04, 2016
OGIYEN:
@dupyshoo,if like you get a job offer from Canada which gives you a point of 600,is it compelling to still write the ielts?.
Tanks

Yes, its a mandatory prerequisite.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by sandysprax(m): 3:55am On Sep 05, 2016
Hello house, so I have decided to give this thing a shot but pls a few quick questions

In assessing my credentials, how do I possibly get my school to send them the credentials they require? One of my alma mater is in the UK and I'm in naija now. Can I just fill the downloaded request form for assessment with colour photocopies of all the credentials i want to assess plus credit card details and mail it off to them?

Does it neccesariy have to come from the universities I attended?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dewa: 4:56am On Sep 05, 2016
hi please how did you sort out the gtb payment i am having problem with that also
hartson:
No idea I guess those who had similar challenges will profer alternative solution.Thanks too
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dewa: 5:36am On Sep 05, 2016
Please how did you sort it out as i am having issues with my gt card also and did all that you stated
Ennyo:
Someone pls help,i have been trying to use my GT crad to pay for WES and its not going thru.
I have called the Customer Care person n she says i should try again, which i have.
I even confirmed My Billing address frm her just to be sure but its keep declining my transaction.
Pls what can i do?

Someone pls help. its urgent.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 6:42am On Sep 05, 2016
@ All
Assistance please...Does Manitoba provide require you to still apply to WES for results verification? Also, is it only if you have friends or relatives in Manitoba that qualifies you to apply?
Someone kindly educate me on Manitoba processes.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by OGIYEN: 7:23am On Sep 05, 2016
Since it is a mandatory prerequisite,wen you write and may be you did not get up to 7 ,can 't you use that with the job offer?.
tundechange:

Yes, its a mandatory prerequisite.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 8:22am On Sep 05, 2016
If you want to go through express entry, then you will still be required to write IELTS. Since you already have 600 points, just register and try to get as minimum of 6 in all the bands, then you will be good to go.

However, if you don't want to write IELTS, you can check for provincial nomination route in the province where you got the job. Some of the provinces MIGHT not require IELTS. I am only sure of Quebec though. Please note that if you decide to go through this route, you will have to submit paper application.

OGIYEN:
Tanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 8:22am On Sep 05, 2016
You will need minimum of 6 in all bands.
OGIYEN:
Since it is a mandatory prerequisite,wen you write and may be you did not get up to 7 ,can 't you use that with the job offer?.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 8:35am On Sep 05, 2016
If you are applying to the MPNP as Skilled Worker Overseas, you must demonstrate an established connection to Manitoba through one of the following before you can apply:
1. Family/friends
2. Previous Education or work experience in the province
3. Through an Invitation to Apply received directly from the MPNP as part of a Strategic Recruitment Initiative

There is also an option of qualifying to apply due to Exploratory visit to Manitoba. This option is closed for 2016.

Please note that if you want to use family/friends, it does not mean you will qualify automatically. You will still need to enter Manitoba Expression of Interest pool and score over 540ish to be invited to apply for the PNP. I however do not think you will require WES evaluation as they still want you to submit your transcripts and certificate when you get Invitation to Apply. Please confirm this, I am not 100% certain about this.

framise:
@ All
Assistance please...Does Manitoba provide require you to still apply to WES for results verification? Also, is it only if you have friends or relatives in Manitoba that qualifies you to apply?
Someone kindly educate me on Manitoba processes.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 8:41am On Sep 05, 2016
Yes, all your transcripts have to come directly from the Universities.

Did you have your MSc. in the UK? If yes, it is easy to get your transcripts from your university. In fact, it will be quicker and faster for you to evaluate the UK qualification alone if it is your highest qualification.

sandysprax:
Hello house, so I have decided to give this thing a shot but pls a few quick questions

In assessing my credentials, how do I possibly get my school to send them the credentials they require? One of my alma mater is in the UK and I'm in naija now. Can I just fill the downloaded request form for assessment with colour photocopies of all the credentials i want to assess plus credit card details and mail it off to them?

Does it neccesariy have to come from the universities I attended?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by revlane: 8:41am On Sep 05, 2016
Tiwalope:
This does not have to be cash. .....documents to show proof is also accepted.So long you have cash at point of entry

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp

@papaking1

Thanks so much for your insightful response. I am looking to apply for Sask PNP and their POF requirment does not include documents that show property. I have landed property worth enough for my POF. How can i go about this? Cash at the point of entry isn't a problem. Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by sandysprax(m): 9:46am On Sep 05, 2016
dupyshoo:
Yes, all your transcripts have to come directly from the Universities.

Did you have your MSc. in the UK? If yes, it is easy to get your transcripts from your university. In fact, it will be quicker and faster for you to evaluate the UK qualification alone if it is your highest qualification.

Thanks for your response.

Yes I did my M.Sc in the UK and yes it is my highest qualification. Is it OK if I submit just that excluding my B.Sc gotten in naija? Wouldn't that reduce my score?

How do I request them to send the documents
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 10:28am On Sep 05, 2016
If you can get your BSc. transcripts easily, then you might evaluate both your MSc. and BSc. You should however note after sending your transcripts to WES, WES will send a verification email or post back to your school to ascertain the authenticity of your credential. This takes time and sometimes costs more money.

If you want it faster and cheaper, then go for MSc. alone. It will not reduce your score at all.

Just google how to request for transcript from your University. This should direct you to your University website. Request for your transcript and instruct them to put WES or IQAS reference number on the envelope. It should be quite straightforward. Mine did not cost me more than £25 and it was sent to WES less than 2 hours after I requested online.

sandysprax:

Thanks for your response.

Yes I did my M.Sc in the UK and yes it is my highest qualification. Is it OK if I submit just that excluding my B.Sc gotten in naija? Wouldn't that reduce my score?

How do I request them to send the documents
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Fusion23: 12:53pm On Sep 05, 2016
justicia:
great result. As for WES, those guys are messed up. You may have to pay for express courier. In my case I had to pay them to resend my docs to OOU by express courier since the first one they sent did not get there. And guess what, I had to call them to ask for tracking details, as if I don't have a right to it, after paying 96 more dollars. Anyways they gave me the tracking details sha and upon tracking today i saw that FedEx deliverd my docs to OOU since Wednesday. Next thing na to follow up for OOU to send WES confirmation. If you want it fast try pay for express courier, cos I am not sure how long it takes when they use regular mail or email

woow really , I just got my own report last month from wes, they accept email verification from oou I mean WES.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by lollipop29: 2:55pm On Sep 05, 2016
Good day All,

Urgent response pls!!!

I am the principal applicant for the Express Entry program. I want to know the likely scores my wife could get to support the application if she writes IELTS and also do credential assessment , since she has a B.Sc in political science.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by specrealq: 3:14pm On Sep 05, 2016
Fusion23:

woow really , I just got my own report last month from wes, they accept email verification from oou I mean WES.
How was the verification sent to your school by hard copy or email
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by chymadi: 3:27pm On Sep 05, 2016
Hello House,

Please I'd like to confirm if someone who has BSc in Biotechnology with consistent 5yrs work experience in Financial Sales in a Bank can apply for the Canadian express entry program, for the occupation - Financial Sales. The person would like to confirm if Canadian immigration authorities can accept someone whose degree program is not related to the intended occupation? thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by bighead2: 3:57pm On Sep 05, 2016
Please how did u make the payment? I'm in exactly the same boat and i cant seem to see a link on my profile to make the payment for express courier.

justicia:
great result. As for WES, those guys are messed up. You may have to pay for express courier. In my case I had to pay them to resend my docs to OOU by express courier since the first one they sent did not get there. And guess what, I had to call them to ask for tracking details, as if I don't have a right to it, after paying 96 more dollars. Anyways they gave me the tracking details sha and upon tracking today i saw that FedEx deliverd my docs to OOU since Wednesday. Next thing na to follow up for OOU to send WES confirmation. If you want it fast try pay for express courier, cos I am not sure how long it takes when they use regular mail or email
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 4:02pm On Sep 05, 2016
28 points.

lollipop29:
Good day All,

Urgent response pls!!!

I am the principal applicant for the Express Entry program. I want to know the likely scores my wife could get to support the application if she writes IELTS and also do credential assessment , since she has a B.Sc in political science.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 4:03pm On Sep 05, 2016
Yes, the person can apply.

chymadi:
Hello House,

Please I'd like to confirm if someone who has BSc in Biotechnology with consistent 5yrs work experience in Financial Sales in a Bank can apply for the Canadian express entry program, for the occupation - Financial Sales. The person would like to confirm if Canadian immigration authorities can accept someone whose degree program is not related to the intended occupation? thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by sandysprax(m): 5:01pm On Sep 05, 2016
dupyshoo:
If you can get your BSc. transcripts easily, then you might evaluate both your MSc. and BSc. You should however note after sending your transcripts to WES, WES will send a verification email or post back to your school to ascertain the authenticity of your credential. This takes time and sometimes costs more money.

If you want it faster and cheaper, then go for MSc. alone. It will not reduce your score at all.

Just google how to request for transcript from your University. This should direct you to your University website. Request for your transcript and instruct them to put WES or IQAS reference number on the envelope. It should be quite straightforward. Mine did not cost me more than £25 and it was sent to WES less than 2 hours after I requested online.

Thanks brother but I still need some clarifications. I've left u a message, please kindly reply with ur phone number so I can call you. Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by JesusDWay(m): 5:21pm On Sep 05, 2016
revlane:

Thanks so much for your insightful response. I am looking to apply for Sask PNP and their POF requirment does not include documents that show property. I have landed property worth enough for my POF. How can i go about this? Cash at the point of entry isn't a problem. Thanks

Liquid cash in bank account or investment is what SINP accepts, they wont accept valuation of your property. Even Pension statement is mostly rejected so, you need to find a way of getting the cash, not forgetting the requirement that the funds equivalent to what is required for your family size must be 3months old as at the time you apply and must not have history that it diminished during the period. Also note that they use exchange rate for the date of application and as exchange rate for now is fluctuating, you may want to have buffer to accommodate any unforeseen spike in exchange rate at the time you will apply
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Fusion23: 5:25pm On Sep 05, 2016
specrealq:

How was the verification sent to your school by hard copy or email

Email

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by revlane: 6:10pm On Sep 05, 2016
JesusDWay:

Liquid cash in bank account or investment is what SINP accepts, they wont accept valuation of your property. Even Pension statement is mostly rejected so, you need to find a way of getting the cash, not forgetting the requirement that the funds equivalent to what is required for your family size must be 3months old as at the time you apply and must not have history that it diminished during the period. Also note that they use exchange rate for the date of application and as exchange rate for now is fluctuating, you may want to have buffer to accommodate any unforeseen spike in exchange rate at the time you will apply

@JesusDway, thanks alot. The exchange rate is a battle God will have to fight for all Nigerians oooo. So unpredictable. Na to look for who go buy land remain.
Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by JesusDWay(m): 6:38pm On Sep 05, 2016
revlane:

@JesusDway, thanks alot. The exchange rate is a battle God will have to fight for all Nigerians oooo. So unpredictable. Na to look for who go buy land remain.
Thanks

You welcome

(1) (2) (3) ... (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) ... (821)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.