Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,977 members, 7,817,882 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:58 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (177) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2605733 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by JesusDWay(m): 1:36pm On Aug 31, 2016
A word of advice to everyone who plans to apply to the currently open SINP OID or is already on the process, ensure you attach all required documents and forms. SINP is no longer smiling with incomplete applications, they send them back, unlike previously when they may ask you to send some documents you missed while submitting your application. There was a case in the last OID intake in which an application was returned in just about 1hour after submission just because copy of IELTS was not attached outof about 17 or 18 forms and documents that were attached so, try and do due diligence so you don't end up wasting all those efforts and precious time SINP takes.

Best wishes

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by shawnbayo: 2:30pm On Aug 31, 2016
I got to know this forum after some things had gone wrong. One of them is that in the true or false section of my reading IELTS. I wrote T,F instead of true or false. I want to know if I would be penalize for that. I have been so worried since I wrote d exam
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by trishachi: 2:50pm On Aug 31, 2016
What is the difference between SINP Express Entry and SIPN Occupation in demand? Please can someone explain. Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 3:00pm On Aug 31, 2016
Dear all, are job positions and experience such as Intern and Trainee eligible for express entry work experience
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by tundechange: 3:56pm On Aug 31, 2016
GrandCommander:
Dear all, are job positions and experience such as Intern and Trainee eligible for express entry.

Internship is not recognized as work experience but rather full time or contract jobs.

Regards
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by JesusDWay(m): 4:46pm On Aug 31, 2016
GrandCommander:
Dear all, are job positions and experience such as Intern and Trainee eligible for express entry work experience

As long as it meets the below criteria, then it qualifies

Minimum requirements

Skilled work experience

Your work experience must be:

at least one year (1,560 hours total / 30 hours per week), continuous full-time or an equal amount in part-time,
paid work (volunteer work, unpaid internships do not count),
in the same job,
within the last 10 years, and
at skill type 0, or skill levels A or B of the 2011 National Occupational Classification (NOC).
Full Time

30 hours/week for 12 months = 1 year full time (1,560 hours)

Part time

15 hours/week for 24 months = 1 year full time (1,560 hours)
OR
30 hours/week for 12 months at more than one job = 1 year full time (1,560 hours)

You must show that you did the duties set out in the lead statement of the occupational description in the NOC, including all the essential duties and most of the main duties listed.

If you cannot show that your work experience meets the description in the NOC, you are not eligible under this program.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by JesusDWay(m): 4:47pm On Aug 31, 2016
tundechange:

Internship is not recognized as work experience but rather full time or contract jobs.

Regards

Internship qualifies as long as its remunerated

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Arcayo: 5:04pm On Aug 31, 2016
trishachi:
What is the difference between SINP Express Entry and SIPN Occupation in demand? Please can someone explain. Thanks.
Nominee from SINP Express entry apply for PR online why SINP OID apply through paper route

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Gymme(m): 6:49pm On Aug 31, 2016
Arcayo:

Nominee from SINP Express entry apply for PR online why SINP OID apply through paper route
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Gymme(m): 6:49pm On Aug 31, 2016
See answer as straight as possible! Nice Arcayo and hbd in arrears plus Congrats too! Lol

In addition, applying for PR through paper route (after getting ITA), is longer (currently, i think it's 15 months) but Express Entry is standard 6 months.

Arcayo:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Bimpsy99: 9:04pm On Aug 31, 2016
This looks like an evaluation of HND.. Two or more certificates with one being a three year course..

Hello everyone,

I just got my ECA report from WES and here's my report:

CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY:
Diploma (two years), diploma (three years), and postgraduate
certificate (one year)

Using the CRS points calculator, what does this equate to on the level of education please?[/quote]
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Bumdesh: 9:11pm On Aug 31, 2016
upgradedmom:

Thank you so much. I want to believe the qualification and my first degree (BSc) will qualify me for the 119 points listed against 'Two or more certificates, diplomas, ......' in the CRS tool.

Yes it should

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by chymadi: 9:39pm On Aug 31, 2016
It seems the SINP OID has stopped accepting applications. I tried submitting mine, but got a notification stating that it intake threshold has been reached. Did anyone experience such?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by trishachi: 10:42pm On Aug 31, 2016
Gymme:
See answer as straight as possible! Nice Arcayo and hbd in arrears plus Congrats too! Lol
In addition, applying for PR through paper route (after getting ITA), is longer (currently, i think it's 15 months) but Express Entry is standard 6 months.

@Arcayo and Gymme - Thanks guys, its much clearer now.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 9:14am On Sep 01, 2016
JesusDWay, where have you been?

How far now?

JesusDWay:
A word of advice to everyone who plans to apply to the currently open SINP OID or is already on the process, ensure you attach all required documents and forms. SINP is no longer smiling with incomplete applications, they send them back, unlike previously when they may ask you to send some documents you missed while submitting your application. There was a case in the last OID intake in which an application was returned in just about 1hour after submission just because copy of IELTS was not attached outof about 17 or 18 forms and documents that were attached so, try and do due diligence so you don't end up wasting all those efforts and precious time SINP takes.

Best wishes
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Chicalove: 10:36am On Sep 01, 2016
Hi Peeps, So my profile is complete. I am 30years with 7years experience in Nigeria and my IELTS Score is LRWS 8.5 7.0 7.0 7.0 And I have a Masters Degree. My NOC is 1111

So i used the CRS Calculator and my score is 467.

House Please Advise Me: How do I improve my score or is 467 good enough? I am yet to submit my profile.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 11:23am On Sep 01, 2016
Why don't you submit your profile and enter the pool.
I got my first ITA with a score of 453. So, it is possible the draw cut-off will still drop and you will get ITA.

These are ways you can improve your scores.
1. Go for PNP to get extra 600marks.
2. Redo your IELTS and target 8.5, 8, 7.5 and 7.5 in LRWS as you lost 9 marks on IELTS.
3. Go and do PhD to get 15 more marks. By the time you finish, you would have lost 20 marks due to your age grin
4. Learn French to get up to 24 more points.
5. Get a job in Canada to earn extra 600 points

Chicalove:
Hi Peeps, So my profile is complete. I am 30years with 7years experience in Nigeria and my IELTS Score is LRWS 8.5 7.0 7.0 7.0 And I have a Masters Degree. My NOC is 1111

So i used the CRS Calculator and my score is 467.

House Please Advise Me: How do I improve my score or is 467 good enough? I am yet to submit my profile.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by primeson1(m): 12:48pm On Sep 01, 2016
grin grin... Funny

dupyshoo:
I got my first ITA with a score of 453. So, it is possible the draw cut-off will still drop and you will get ITA.

2. Redo your IELTS and target 8.5, 8, 7.5 and 7.5 in LRWS as you lost 9 marks on IELTS.
3. Go and do PhD to get 15 more marks. By the time you finish, you would have lost 20 marks due to your age grin

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Chicalove: 1:17pm On Sep 01, 2016
primeson1:
grin grin... Funny

Darling Primeson grin Thanks for the advise. I will submit my profile and hand it over to GOD.

I speak good french too. Can I submit my profile now and later on update my French Exam scores? Guide your sister oooooooo
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Chicalove: 1:19pm On Sep 01, 2016
dupyshoo:

Thanks Dupyshoo. I will submit. You are soo funny.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 1:27pm On Sep 01, 2016
Good decision!!!

Since you speak good french, the best option is for you to register for the TEF exam. You stand to get up to 24 more points. That will take your score to 500 points.

Yes you can always modify your profile anytime before ITA.

Wish you all the best.

Chicalove:

Darling Primeson grin Thanks for the advise. I will submit my profile and hand it over to GOD.

I speak good french too. Can I submit my profile now and later on update my French Exam scores? Guide your sister oooooooo
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 1:29pm On Sep 01, 2016
Yes o. Funny but those are the only options left. I had to tell her the truth with humour.

Chicalove:

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by JesusDWay(m): 4:25pm On Sep 01, 2016
dupyshoo:
JesusDWay, where have you been?

How far now?

I dey Sis! Trusting you are fine
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 4:29pm On Sep 01, 2016
I am fine.

Nice hearing from you again.

JesusDWay:

I dey Sis! Trusting you are fine
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by jar: 5:43pm On Sep 01, 2016
I commend you all. The strength and patience you possess is encouraged. God bless
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by lavivaavril(f): 8:05pm On Sep 01, 2016
dannietee:

Your Job seeker's code is in a pdf fine in your profile.Click the arrow beside Express Entry profile received - Next Steps - JobBank.You will get a drop down then click on view this message.A pdf file will pop up it contain your file number and the job seeker's code.When you create the job seeker's profile don't forget to activate your profile.That is when you will get into the pool. I wish you best of luck.

Thank you very much
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by revlane: 11:55am On Sep 02, 2016
debeams:
Here is to both share my testimony and also encourage someone that's indecisive.
Like I've stated somewhere on earlier on the thread, I wrote my IELTS on the 4th of June with the following result
L 8.5
R 8.5
W 6
S 7
I went for the result on the 20th of June & I didn't even bother to take it out refusing, rejecting and submitting for EOR, Long story short, 7weeks on, today I got my reply with the following result
L 8.5
R 8.5
W 8
S 7. My speaking was not increased but I forgive them TWO (2) whole band review on my writing.
So here's my big thanks to all those that shared link for IELTS prep way back. iphie28 (sorry if I miss the figure) et all, now I can boldly say THANK YOU & GOD BLESS YOU

@Debeams, I am still expecting my IELTS EOR after 7 weeks ooo. Did you get a reply via email or courier?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 12:43pm On Sep 02, 2016
IELTS RESULT(ME)
Overall Band 7.5
Listening 7.0
Reading 7.0
Writing 7.0
Speaking 8.0

Overall Band 7.5(hubby)
Listening 8.0
Reading 7.0
Writing 7.5
Speaking 6.5

CRS SCORE is 410......experts in the house,please advice.........
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Garykasparov: 1:09pm On Sep 02, 2016
Tiwalope:

IELTS RESULT(ME)
Overall Band 7.5
Listening 7.0
Reading 7.0
Writing 7.0
Speaking 8.0

Overall Band 7.5(hubby)
Listening 8.0
Reading 7.0
Writing 7.5
Speaking 6.5

CRS SCORE is 410......experts in the house,please advice.........

I look at your husband's result and i smell foul play, please request for a remark on his speaking, particularly if he is the principal applicant. How could he have earned a one band higher in writing than speaking, when infact it is by far harder to write than to speak any language. This is contentious except he can explain that something terribly went wrong during his speaking test.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) ... (821)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.