Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,871 members, 7,813,969 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:58 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2602448 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by zandora: 7:43am On Nov 05, 2015
Etfash:

Any would do. But sometimes, while applying for some PNPs, you may be required to provide information that you can only get from applying for the FSW through the new Express Entry scheme.

My advise: both of you (you and your husband) should write the IELTS and ace it, then evaluate your academic credentials with CIC accredited institutions ( i will recommend WES). Then you apply as the Principal applicant, if your Master's degree is equated to a Canadian Master's. If not, let your husband be the principal applicant because of his years of experience and the likelihood that he might be the one to provide the Proof of Fund.

You can apply for any PNP after you have successfully entered the EE pool. Some PNP requires that the POF be provided only by the Principal applicant. So, put that into cognizance whatever you do.

The required fund for 3 people is around CAD$18,260.00 or so.

you can check Shyee's post on page 282 of the previous thread for the links.

Regards.

I also put the links on page 1 of this forum.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by zandora: 7:48am On Nov 05, 2015
ramsol00:
Hello good people,

Please on certificate verification,

1. Can my school scan my transcript to WES by E-mail or is it strictly in form of physical documment? If yes, how will the school indicate my WES ref no?

2. Do I need the hard copy of the evaluation or just soft copy is enough for the purpose of EE registration

3. is there any time lag between the time I send copy of my certificate to WES and the time my school send my transcript to WES

Please I need reply to these questions from wonderful people in here.

Thank you for your usual cooperation and assistance. God bless you.

Regards

1) No scans, only hard copy which must be sealed

2) When you've been invited and it's time for you to apply you don't need your transcript only a scanned copy of your degree certificate

3) No. Submit your certificate whenever it's ready while your school should submit your transcript whenever it's ready. As soon as WES has received all your documents they'll start with the evaluation

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by sheweezy(f): 8:23am On Nov 05, 2015
Thank you so much etfash and zandora
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Ekpekus(m): 8:46am On Nov 05, 2015
JesusDWay:

French Test is no longer compulsory, check their website for the requirement.

Really? This is Quebec he is asking about
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by mozo: 9:36am On Nov 05, 2015
Ekpekus:

Really? This is Quebec he is asking about

Being able to speak french is no longer a requirement.. But if you can speak.. You'll have an edge
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Ekpekus(m): 9:58am On Nov 05, 2015
mozo:

Being able to speak french is no longer a requirement.. But if you can speak.. You'll have an edge
OK. Tnx
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Anneehis: 10:31am On Nov 05, 2015
Hello Zandora and Other Gurus in the house

Please I urgently need your help, I have uploaded all my documents under the documents checklist for the PR application and I am trying to pay through mycic account but I keep getting Transaction declined from my GTB mastercard saying I have exceeded the daily transaction limit. I have enough funds in my account and I am supposed to pay about 2250 Canadian dollars. I went to the bank and was told the new CBN law states a daily limit of $300 for transactions.

Please how can I pay as my deadline is fast approaching.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ramsol00: 11:39am On Nov 05, 2015
Hi everyone,

For people who have been waiting for Quebec Skilled Worker Program (QSWP), these are what I found out

Quebec Skilled Worker / Federal Skilled Worker
Is the program first-come, first served?

Yes / No

Is the program managed through Express Entry?

No / Yes

Is there a pool of candidates?

No, the program operates on a first-come, first-served basis / Yes, the Express Entry pool

Is there a points system?

Yes / Yes, both for eligibility and in the Express Entry pool

Do candidates need to submit an online profile?

No / Yes

Do candidates need to receive an Invitation to Apply before applying?

No / Yes

Is French proficiency a requirement for the program?

No, but points may be awarded for French / No, but points are available for French

Is language testing mandatory?

No, but up to 22 points are available for English (6) and French (16) proficiency / Yes, candidates must prove language proficiency in English and/or French

Is there a ranking system for eligible candidates?

No / Yes, the Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS)

Is a job offer required in order to make an application?

No / No

Can a job offer help an applicant become eligible to make an application?

Yes, points are available for a validated job offer in Quebec / Yes, points are available for initial eligibility and under the CRS

Is there an Area of Training list?

Yes, and up to 16 points may be awarded for a candidate’s Area of Training / No

Is there an occupation list?

No / No, but candidates must have at least one year of work experience in a skilled occupation (NOC 0, A or B)

Is there an adaptability interview?

No / No

Can candidates apply to both the QSW and the FSW?

Yes, as long as they withdraw one when either a CSQ or ITA is issued / Yes, as long as they withdraw one when either a CSQ or ITA is issued

Where should applicants intend on landing in Canada?

Quebec / Any province or territory except Quebec

Does an application to the program eventually lead to Canadian permanent resident status?

Yes, successful candidates first receive a CSQ,
then apply to CIC for permanent resident status / Yes, successful candidates obtain permanent resident status

Can permanent residents live and work in any Canadian province or territory?

Yes / Yes

Is the program currently open?

Yes, as of November 4, 2015
/ Yes

Are there any government fees for creating a profile?

There is no profile stage / No

Are there any government fees for submitting an application?

Yes / Yes

Is there a cap/limit on the number of applications to be accepted?

Yes, up to 6,300 applications may be accepted / No

Is there an established intake period?

Yes, from November 4 to December 15 for postal applications,
and from January 18 to March 31, 2016 online
No / No, eligible candidates may create an online profile at any time. CIC performs regular, ongoing draws from the pool

I hope this would be useful

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Adewakeup1(m): 12:17pm On Nov 05, 2015
Hello House,

I will like to commend the moderators of this thread especially Zandora, your contributions are very helpful.
Please when i decided to start processing my Canada immigration, i was thinking of emplying the service of a lawyer like Abram Kochak or Cohen but as im following this thread, the whole thing have been demystified.
Please my question is do you guys recommend the use of a lawyer or someone can follow through on his or her own.

Thanks so much for your contributions guys. you are helping a lot of people.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Kemi22: 1:05pm On Nov 05, 2015
My International passport is in my maiden name and i want to emmigrate with my husband and daughter. Can i still use that passport?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by twaintoy(f): 2:19pm On Nov 05, 2015
Adewakeup1:
Hello House,

I will like to commend the moderators of this thread especially Zandora, your contributions are very helpful.
Please when i decided to start processing my Canada immigration, i was thinking of emplying the service of a lawyer like Abram Kochak or Cohen but as im following this thread, the whole thing have been demystified.
Please my question is do you guys recommend the use of a lawyer or someone can follow through on his or her own.

Will advise u DIY. With the help of this forum, sure u gonna make it.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ejirostephen(m): 6:10pm On Nov 05, 2015
Great peeps, I applied for the SINP when they recently opened this additional 1000 caps under occupations in demand. Now, to be able to apply for the above then, you must decline having been in the express pool which I did anyway. Now, they are yet to revert on the status of the SINP. Just today i read that they have opened additional 500 caps for saskatchenwa express entry.

My concern: Would it be advisable one go ahead and apply for the e.e in that province after denying initially?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by zandora: 7:10pm On Nov 05, 2015
Adewakeup1:
Hello House,

You're better of doing it yourself to be honest. It isn't difficult, just get all the requested documents and you're good to go.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by zandora: 7:16pm On Nov 05, 2015
Kemi22:

My International passport is in my maiden name and i want to emmigrate with my husband and daughter. Can i still use that passport?

Are your educational qualifications in your maiden name? Is your bank statement in your maiden name? Have you legally changed your name i.e do you currently bear your maiden name and haven't changed your name to that of your husband's? If you answered no to either of these questions then you should get a new passport in your married name.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by bubsykay: 7:17pm On Nov 05, 2015
bubsykay:
Meanwhile, I'm so contesting my IELTS result that came out yesterday! I wrote the exam with my wife and those guys are very unfair.

L: 7.5
R: 7
W: 6.5
S: 8

L: 8.5
R: 7
W: 6.5
S: 7

PN: I think its better not telling them the purpose is for immigration again, since they target the all band 7 requirement. I'm asking for a writing remark in atleast one of these results thou. thank you

Thank God and we are grateful to @Zandora and all other gurus up here, I got my wife's IELTS writing test remarked as advised, since my listening is lower and we received the result today, the writing score has been changed to 7 and now we are good to go.......

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by JesusDWay(m): 8:06pm On Nov 05, 2015
Kemi22:

Depending on who the principal applicant is, if you are, it might be safe to change the name to your husband's surname but if you are not, I think you can still use it. The only issue may be in the future as the visa you will be issued will be in your maiden name. However, you might want to consider when you get to Canada, the name you'll be registered with et al.... Not sure if you can use another name(which will be your hubby's surname now) to register for your PR card
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 8:19pm On Nov 05, 2015
Ramsol00 great stuff. Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by TheZed(m): 9:01pm On Nov 05, 2015
Good evening Seniors while reading I couldn't but notice the tremendous help from Zandora, JesusDway and a host of others (sorry couldn't recall all the names as at when I was typing) you all are wonderful people by the way. Congrats to Zandora and other applicants who have been successful so far.. Am still an undergraduate, studying an engineering course. Come January by God's grace I will be in my final year. And I had like to migrate to Canada for employment and my MSE immediately after school if possible . But Am not well acquainted with which process that will be much better for me (Express entry, FSW, PNP, CEC etc). Anticipating your help. Thanks in advance.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Adewakeup1(m): 9:10pm On Nov 05, 2015
@twaintoy & Zandora,
Thanks for your earlier response, pls I am a Federal civil servant with 10 yrs experience, I have HND in computer science and no certification, although I'm seriously considering some now. My question is on POF, Can I use an account that is not my salary account because my salary is small, less than 100k, and loan deduction also reduce my net pay seriously. So what I'm thinking of is can I start running another account from now till like six months or I can use my current salary account and try and service it a little.
Many thanks in anticipation of your kind view and advise.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Etfash(m): 9:17pm On Nov 05, 2015
TheZed:
Good evening Seniors while reading I couldn't but notice the tremendous help from Zandora, JesusDway and a host of others (sorry couldn't recall all the names as at when I was typing) you all are wonderful people by the way. Congrats to Zandora and other applicants who have been successful so far.. Am still an undergraduate, studying an engineering course. Come January by God's grace I will be in my final year. And I had like to migrate to Canada for employment and my MSE immediately after school if possible . But Am not well acquainted with which process that will be much better for me (Express entry, FSW, PNP, CEC etc). Anticipating your help. Thanks in advance.

Great ambition there. But you will need at least 2 years to qualify for any of the programmes you listed above.
However, you can run a postgraduate study over there in Canada if you have sponsor(s). Studying there gives you an edge eventually
So, i will advise you as follows:
1) Face your first degree and graduate with the best grade you possibly can.
2) Even though i know it's good to be open minded, when you desire something, it is always better to pursue it with all you've got. So, while studying, settle it within yourself that you will be studying for your PG degree in Canada.
3) After submitting your project(s), begin to gather information and documents that you might need. For instance, International Passport, the area you would like to specialize,what schools are best, yet cost effective, in that area of study, how much can you afford, who will sponsor you, what other information do you need, where to get them etc.
4) Look out for Canadian study threads on Nairaland; it will be of great help to you.

Cheers!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by twaintoy(f): 9:19pm On Nov 05, 2015
Adewakeup1:
@twaintoy & Zandora,
Thanks for your earlier response, pls I am a Federal civil servant with 10 yrs experience, I have HND in computer science and no certification, although I'm seriously considering some now. My question is on POF, Can I use an account that is not my salary account because my salary is small, less than 100k, and loan deduction also reduce my net pay seriously. So what I'm thinking of is can I start running another account from now till like six months or I can use my current salary account and try and service it a little.
Sure Zandora would give you a detailed response.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by TheZed(m): 9:29pm On Nov 05, 2015
Etfash:

Great ambition there. But you will need at least 2 years to qualify for any of the programmes you listed above.
However, you can run a postgraduate study over there in Canada if you have sponsor(s). Studying there gives you an edge eventually
2) Even though i know it's good to be open minded, when you desire something, it is always better to pursue it with all you've got. So, while studying, settle it within yourself that you will be studying for your PG degree in Canada.
3) After submitting your project(s), begin to gather information and documents that you might need. For instance, International Passport, the area you would like to specialize,what schools are best, yet cost effective, in that area of study, how much can you afford, who will sponsor you, what other information do you need, where to get them etc.
4) Look out for Canadian study threads on Nairaland; it will be of great help to you.

Cheers!
alright.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by TheZed(m): 9:58pm On Nov 05, 2015
Etfash:

Cheers!
thanks big time
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by zandora: 10:06pm On Nov 05, 2015
Etfash:

Cheers!

Naaaa he doesn't need at least 2 years, he needs to have a minimum of 1 year work experience in a skilled job to qualify.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by TheZed(m): 10:12pm On Nov 05, 2015
zandora:

Naaaa he doesn't need at least 2 years, he needs to have a minimum of 1 year work experience in a skilled job to qualify.
so what do you advise, and what do you mean by skilled job?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by zandora: 10:14pm On Nov 05, 2015
Adewakeup1:
@twaintoy & Zandora,

My 2 cents - don't open a new account because remember you'll be asked to provide the start date of your account and you don't want to raise any suspicions eg giving them room to suspect that you've taken a loan. Instead, add funds to your salary account and then wait till d 6 months.

Using your salary account will further strengthen the fact that you're employed especially if that's the work experience you intend using.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Adewakeup1(m): 10:29pm On Nov 05, 2015
Thank you so much Zandora and twaintoy. God will bless you guys.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by zandora: 10:46pm On Nov 05, 2015
Adewakeup1:
Thank you so much Zandora and twaintoy. God will bless you guys.

Amen!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Anneehis: 11:17pm On Nov 05, 2015
Hello Zandora and Other Gurus in the house

Please I urgently need your help, I have uploaded all my documents under the documents checklist for the PR application and I am trying to pay through mycic account but I keep getting Transaction declined from my GTB mastercard saying I have exceeded the daily transaction limit. I have enough funds in my account and I am supposed to pay about 2230 Canadian dollars. I went to the bank and was told the new CBN law states a daily limit of $300 for transactions. I have also tried using first bank master card to no avail. I went to GTB and was told to pay in bits, and from the online form that not possible.

Please how can I pay as my deadline is fast approaching.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dababe02: 12:13am On Nov 06, 2015
Good evening everyone, I av bin a silent follower of naira land for years now. Pls l am really interested in this Express entry thing...but I don't know if l will be a better candidate cos l only av my Law degree and Law skul certs while my hubby has Ond, HND, Bsc and also a PGD from univ of Hertfordshire in UK. But his course was not listed. He studied accounting and economics. Pls help a troubled woman out here ooo

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (821)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.