Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,147 members, 7,835,836 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:56 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2621208 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by WoodcrestMayor(m): 6:50am On Nov 06, 2015
I want to assume this is a service u want to pay for.Talk to your account.officer abt the possibility of remitting funds using Form A.
Anneehis:
Hello Zandora and Other Gurus in the house

Please I urgently need your help, I have uploaded all my documents under the documents checklist for the PR application and I am trying to pay through mycic account but I keep getting Transaction declined from my GTB mastercard saying I have exceeded the daily transaction limit. I have enough funds in my account and I am supposed to pay about 2230 Canadian dollars. I went to the bank and was told the new CBN law states a daily limit of $300 for transactions. I have also tried using first bank master card to no avail. I went to GTB and was told to pay in bits, and from the online form that not possible.

Please how can I pay as my deadline is fast approaching.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by WoodcrestMayor(m): 6:52am On Nov 06, 2015
2014 Fswp applicants....wetin dey happen?
Honestly...I haff tire cry
Any news?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by zandora: 7:57am On Nov 06, 2015
Anneehis:

Please I urgently need your help, I have uploaded all my documents under the documents checklist for the PR application and I am trying to pay through mycic account but I keep getting Transaction declined from my GTB mastercard saying I have exceeded the daily transaction limit. I have enough funds in my account and I am supposed to pay about 2230 Canadian dollars. I went to the bank and was told the new CBN law states a daily limit of $300 for transactions. I have also tried using first bank master card to no avail. I went to GTB and was told to pay in bits, and from the online form that not possible.

Speak to your bank or ask someone else to use their card. It has to be a foreign country's card.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by zandora: 8:03am On Nov 06, 2015
TheZed:
so what do you advise, and what do you mean by skilled job?

Get a job that falls under noc A, B or O (see link below) and work there for at least 1 year before applying or do as Etfash suggested in terms of schooling.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/noc.asp
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by zandora: 8:05am On Nov 06, 2015
dababe02:
Good evening everyone, I av bin a silent follower of naira land for years now. Pls l am really interested in this Express entry thing...but I don't know if l will be a better candidate cos l only av my Law degree and Law skul certs while my hubby has Ond, HND, Bsc and also a PGD from univ of Hertfordshire in UK. But his course was not listed. He studied accounting and economics. Pls help a troubled woman out here ooo

Either 1 of you has to have at least 1 year skilled work experience before you can be eligible to apply.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Happinext(m): 8:09am On Nov 06, 2015
My score
Listening: 6.5 Reading: 7.5 Writing: 7.0 Speaking: 7.0 Overall: 7.0
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Etfash(m): 8:26am On Nov 06, 2015
zandora:

Naaaa he doesn't need at least 2 years, he needs to have a minimum of 1 year work experience in a skilled job to qualify.

He needs to start and complete his final year first. Then acquire the minimum experience.. I have assumed the one year would be his NYSC experience.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dababe02: 8:47am On Nov 06, 2015
Pls l am still waiting for a reply oo oo......Abegi oo oo abeg
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dababe02: 8:50am On Nov 06, 2015
Thanks for the response.......my hubby has about 8 years and l have 3 years of experience
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dababe02: 8:52am On Nov 06, 2015
If he is more eligible, which degree should he evaluate? The ones he got from naija or the one from UK. Thanks Zandora...
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by zandora: 9:37am On Nov 06, 2015
Etfash:

He needs to start and complete his final year first. Then acquire the minimum experience.. I have assumed the one year would be his NYSC experience.

You can use NYSC as long as the job is skilled.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by zandora: 9:38am On Nov 06, 2015
dababe02:
If he is more eligible, which degree should he evaluate? The ones he got from naija or the one from UK. Thanks Zandora...

Which post are you referring to?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Etfash(m): 10:17am On Nov 06, 2015
zandora:

You can use NYSC as long as the job is skilled.

That is true. But he can only go for NYSC after he has graduated - that makes it at least 2 years. May be you should go through the guy's post. According to him, he will be in final year of his engineering degree NEXT year.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by zandora: 11:04am On Nov 06, 2015
Etfash:

That is true. But he can only go for NYSC after he has graduated - that makes it at least 2 years. May be you should go through the guy's post. According to him, he will be in final year of his engineering degree NEXT year.

Oh I thought you meant that he should work for at least 2 years. My bad.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by TheZed(m): 11:24am On Nov 06, 2015
Etfash and Zandora thanks a lot.... Will work towards what you guys have advised.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by tola73(m): 3:04pm On Nov 06, 2015
WoodcrestMayor:
2014 Fswp applicants....wetin dey happen?
Honestly...I haff tire cry
Any news?
Nothing dey happen just that AVO has been on long break since August
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Moyinoluwa83: 4:58pm On Nov 06, 2015
Hi all. Thanks for all your help.

@zandora, jesusdway and all gurus in the house, pls I need your help.
I chose d wrong NOC while filling my CIC profile for one of the job experience. I have just realised now that I am working on my reference. Please what do I do? The reference is for PNP. Can I still change it on my CIC, or do I delete my profile and start from scratch as I do not want to have conflicting information for PNP and CIC.
Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Anneehis: 5:41pm On Nov 06, 2015
Thanks You Zandora and Woodcrestmayor!! God Bless. I talked to the banks to no avail so I got a foreign Country's Mastercard!
It is well with my country Nigeria!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by irondome: 5:42pm On Nov 06, 2015
Anneehis:

Please I urgently need your help, I have uploaded all my documents under the documents checklist for the PR application and I am trying to pay through mycic account but I keep getting Transaction declined from my GTB mastercard saying I have exceeded the daily transaction limit. I have enough funds in my account and I am supposed to pay about 2250 Canadian dollars. I went to the bank and was told the new CBN law states a daily limit of $300 for transactions.

What type of mastercard are u using? Dollar or naira mastercard? I don't think the naira mastercard would have any of such limit. I would advise you fund your saving account and try making the payment with your regular naira mastercard/atm card.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by zandora: 5:44pm On Nov 06, 2015
Moyinoluwa83:
Hi all. Thanks for all your help.

@zandora, jesusdway and all gurus in the house, pls I need your help.
I chose d wrong NOC while filling my CIC profile for one of the job experience. I have just realised now that I am working on my reference. Please what do I do? The reference is for PNP. Can I still change it on my CIC, or do I delete my profile and start from scratch as I do not want to have conflicting information for PNP and CIC.
Thank you.

You can just edit it, it's no big deal. I used different nocs when I was in the EE pool and when I submitted my application.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Moyinoluwa83: 6:26pm On Nov 06, 2015
zandora:

You can just edit it, it's no big deal. I used different nocs when I was in the EE pool and when I submitted my application.

Thanks alot. You are a gem!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by bubsykay: 6:41pm On Nov 06, 2015
@ zandora and JesusDway! How many Provinces can someone tick in the EE profile?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by zandora: 8:28pm On Nov 06, 2015
bubsykay:
@ zandora and JesusDway! How many Provinces can someone tick in the EE profile?

Any number, you can even select all.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Tolz451: 8:49pm On Nov 06, 2015
Hi @Zandora,

Kudos for the great job you're doing here.

Please I'd need a little guidance here...

1. I've done my verification with WES and gotten the report.
2. I got my IELTS result today....L-7, R-8.5, W-7, S-8 (Not quite sure if I won't have to re-write it cos of the listening)
3. I've got an MSc, Age (Max Points), 4 -5 years work experience (NOC O)
4. I achieved 70 points on the eligibility ratings...but please how do I rate myself using the CRS and is there any need for it?

Also, do you think I'm good to go for the pool

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by nairacountry(m): 9:21pm On Nov 06, 2015
Hello fellow nairalanders, u guys are doing nice job here.
Pls, I'll like anybody to shed light on the "Canada work permit" what are the normal legit processes? Is there really job that one can do & make it big; considering the 2years of a thing (or can it be extended)?
Please any info that will be helpful will be highly appreciated
Thanks all
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by zandora: 10:43pm On Nov 06, 2015
Tolz451:
Hi @Zandora,

Kudos for the great job you're doing here.

Please I'd need a little guidance here...

1. I've done my verification with WES and gotten the report.
2. I got my IELTS result today....L-7, R-8.5, W-7, S-8 (Not quite sure if I won't have to re-write it cos of the listening)
3. I've got an MSc, Age (Max Points), 4 -5 years work experience (NOC O)
4. I achieved 70 points on the eligibility ratings...but please how do I rate myself using the CRS and is there any need for it?

Also, do you think I'm good to go for the pool

Thanks

You've got a good result but it would have been excellent if that listening hadn't killed it. You should consider retaking the test because of the listening as rightly stated to increase your chances of being invited to apply.

You can calculate your score via this link:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/express-entry/grid-crs.asp
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Tolz451: 11:02pm On Nov 06, 2015
zandora:

You've got a good result but it would have been excellent if that listening hadn't killed it. You should consider retaking the test because of the listening as rightly stated to increase your chances of being invited to apply.

You can calculate your score via this link:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/express-entry/grid-crs.asp

Thanks for your reply.

I was wondering if I could build my profile now, then update my new Ielts score later.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by zandora: 9:42am On Nov 07, 2015
Tolz451:

Thanks for your reply.

I was wondering if I could build my profile now, then update my new Ielts score later.

Thanks

Obviously you can. Go ahead!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Ekicedar: 10:56am On Nov 07, 2015
I have created my profile and the status is showing updated. How long does it take to generate my cars score and how can I delete my profile if there is need to
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by chimali: 11:59am On Nov 07, 2015
Hi Zandora,
Congrats to you.
Please I need answers to a few questions.
Do I really need an agent?
I had 69 in the eligibility test but I am yet to write the Ielts.please should I select the Academics or general.
I am married with a child my husband and I both have B.sc and over 4 years work experience each do you think if successful, we will get something over there
How long does d whole process last from start to finish.we intend to write the test in December
Do we need to choose any particular province
Which province is the most affordable and has job opportunity
Do we need d pnp thing
How much did the whole process cost you i have heard all sort from this agents and I am confused.
Thanks for the response
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by irondome: 1:14pm On Nov 07, 2015
chimali:
Hi Zandora,
Congrats to you.
Please I need answers to a few questions.
Do I really need an agent?
I had 69 in the eligibility test but I am yet to write the Ielts.please should I select the Academics or general.
I am married with a child my husband and I both have B.sc and over 4 years work experience each do you think if successful, we will get something over there
How long does d whole process last from start to finish.we intend to write the test in December
Do we need to choose any particular province
Which province is the most affordable and has job opportunity
Do we need d pnp thing
How much did the whole process cost you i have heard all sort from this agents and I am confused.
Thanks for the response

Do I really need an agent? Personal decision, however, it's what you can do all by yourself.
I had 69 in the eligibility test but I am yet to write the Ielts.please should I select the Academics or general. GENERAL and aim for a CLB score of 9 (IELTS 8,7,7,7, LRWS) and above
I am married with a child my husband and I both have B.sc and over 4 years work experience each do you think if successful, we will get something over there. No one knows, however, the chances are higher with both of you guys over there. I would also advice that both of you should attempt the IELTS tests and ECA assessment for additional points as couples.
How long does d whole process last from start to finish.we intend to write the test in December. Approx. 6 months after final application submission; however, the time taken before you receive an ITA (invitation to apply ) greatly depends on your CRS score. The higher your score, the earlier you get invited to lodge your visa application.
Do we need to choose any particular province. It depends, if your CRS score is above 450, you may not go through the province route; i.e, you may just chose to wait till you get invited. However, if your CRS score is lower than 450, you would have to scout for provincial nominations and apply for a particular province of your choice.
Which province is the most affordable and has job opportunity. I don't know.
Do we need d pnp thing. Answered above already
How much did the whole process cost you i have heard all sort from this agents and I am confused. Total cost for the family, including visa application fee, medical, PCC, ECA assessment, IELTS, Courier services should be less than $5000 (canadian dollars). However, you are required to have a certain proof of fund over a period of six months (less than $17000 for a family of 3, not sure of the exact amount)
Thanks for the response. You are welcome

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by deesmom(f): 1:38pm On Nov 07, 2015
Good day E- family,

Anyone with ideas on how to get my verification completed in good time from University of Ibadan should please help me. For over a month now,the status on WES has been stalled at pending verification from institution.
My brother has been to exams and records and the registrars office to no avail. The wait is tiring.

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (821)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.