Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,041 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:34 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2610217 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by WoodcrestMayor(m): 3:53pm On Nov 07, 2015
Can sum1 tell their break is distrupting plans undecided

Thanks for the info smiley
tola73:
Nothing dey happen just that AVO has been on long break since August

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by chimali: 7:45pm On Nov 07, 2015
Thanks Irondome I really appreciate your response
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by zeelo2014: 8:11pm On Nov 07, 2015
WoodcrestMayor:
2014 Fswp applicants....wetin dey happen?
Honestly...I haff tire cry
Any news?
AVO has been quiet of recent. seems Demcember applicants are the ones waiting for MR.
@scrollmeout, where u dey?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by JesusDWay(m): 10:33pm On Nov 07, 2015
dababe02:
If he is more eligible, which degree should he evaluate? The ones he got from naija or the one from UK. Thanks Zandora...

His ND + HND evaluated together is what will get him the highest score for Education and that's what he he should send for evaluation. His pgd from the prestigious Hertfordshire grin, would have been good as it will not waste time in being evaluated but it's likely going to only reflect a year of study hence, the ND+HND which is usually evaluated as two certificates and fetches more marks than even the Bsc

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Arcayo: 9:18am On Nov 08, 2015
@JesusDway, Zandora.... please clarify these, is ND and HND equivalent to Two or more certificates, so that some us with HND will not go and misrepresent and disqualify at the end of the day
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by tunai(m): 10:07am On Nov 08, 2015
Hi Zandora,I must say information from you so far is quite educative and am interested in this whole arrangement. I have worked 6 years as a transport manager in coccola Nigeria and married with 2 kids, I am a bit skeptical about resigning and going to Canada for job hunt.

What is the time duration allowable after been successful in this scheme and arrival in Canada, can I still be in Nigeria in my current job while I apply for Job in Canada?.

I will Appreciate your answer.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by JesusDWay(m): 12:44pm On Nov 08, 2015
Arcayo:
@JesusDway, Zandora.... please clarify these, is ND and HND equivalent to Two or more certificates, so that some us with HND will not go and misrepresent and disqualify at the end of the day

Do your evaluation first, without it you cannot decide which educational level you will choose, it is what the evaluation of your educational qualification says that will determine what you will choose. Infact, without it, you cannot register an Express Entry account. However, ND+HND is usually evaluated as two certificates
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by JesusDWay(m): 12:58pm On Nov 08, 2015
tunai:
Hi Zandora,I must say information from you so far is quite educative and am interested in this whole arrangement. I have worked 6 years as a transport manager in coccola Nigeria and married with 2 kids, I am a bit skeptical about resigning and going to Canada for job hunt.

What is the time duration allowable after been successful in this scheme and arrival in Canada, can I still be in Nigeria in my current job while I apply for Job in Canada?.

I will Appreciate your answer.

You will eventually have to resign your job if you want to go to Canada so, begin dealing with your skepticism as you must make up your mind about relocating(come what you may face there).

Also note that, this scheme is not about getting a work permit, it is for Permanent Residency that eventually leads you to becoming a citizen of Canada in about 4-5years. This you must know is part of the reasons for relocating and not just about getting job. However, i don't think you will find it hard to get a job over there considering your background. Coca-Cola is a world brand and as Transport Manager, you should be snapped up almost immediately(by God's grace though) especially in some provinces as Logistics is a big industry over there and one that can't be done without.

Depending on when you submit your medical report after you must have gotten invitation to apply for permanent residency, you have close to a year to finally relocate cuz, your medical report is valid for one year. Let's say you submit your docs for application and you were given visa 3months after, you have 9months to enter Canada during which period you can be applying to companies and letting them know you can land in Canada soon. Also, you may take your annual leave and use the period to land in Canada after you must have gotten your visa, then use the period to get a job and then either come back here to finally resign or send in a mail(if your company honours that).

Finally, fear not and take the step, i believe it will work out for you. You can start prospecting for jobs using the sites below:

www.indeed.ca www.monster.ca

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Arcayo: 2:29pm On Nov 08, 2015
JesusDWay:

Do your evaluation first, without it you cannot decide which educational level you will choose, it is what the evaluation of your educational qualification says that will determine what you will choose. Infact, without it, you cannot register an Express Entry account. However, ND+HND is usually evaluated as two certificates

I have done it,its three years diploma and one year postgraduate

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by adeniyia33(m): 3:26pm On Nov 08, 2015
Zandora, Happy Sunday to u out there.

I appreciate ur open mindedness and clarity of facts you are doing on this thread. I must say, u are doing a great job helping others turning their dreams to reality.

However, I wish to seek you opinion on my stance and position for the past 2 years as a dreamer.

Education: I am holding a OND and HND in Statistics with good grades

Career: I work currently as a Statistician and a Project Assistant (19 years) in the Government. Though, I in the past headed some other position in the private Sector (Supply Chain Management - 2 years). Also worked on several international researches from the United Kingdom.

Marriage: Married with 2 kids and a wife

My Quest: For the past two year now I have been pessimistic of this dream as a result of the noise from those claiming to be agents of the Canadian govt in Nigeria. Reading your posts here some weeks ago was like a ginger in my spirit towards this migration stuff.
Do u think or know whether:

1. My educational background (Certificates) is qualify for the Canadian stuff?
2. My career is relevant to the environment given the Canadian govt regulations?

And If I am eligible, advise on how to go about it....

Thanks and looking forward to read from you soon.

DNY
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by JesusDWay(m): 3:28pm On Nov 08, 2015
Arcayo:

I have done it,its three years diploma and one year postgraduate

That makes it two certificates of which one is at least 3years, so you can choose two certificates.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Arcayo: 4:07pm On Nov 08, 2015
JesusDWay:

That makes it two certificates of which one is at least 3years, so you can choose two certificates.
Thanks, I will change it on my EE profile

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Tolz451: 4:38pm On Nov 08, 2015
zandora:

Obviously you can. Go ahead!

Thanks so much...
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by zandora: 6:08pm On Nov 08, 2015
adeniyia33:
Zandora, Happy Sunday to u out there.

I appreciate ur open mindedness and clarity of facts you are doing on this thread. I must say, u are doing a great job helping others turning their dreams to reality.

However, I wish to seek you opinion on my stance and position for the past 2 years as a dreamer.

Education: I am holding a OND and HND in Statistics with good grades

Career: I work currently as a Statistician and a Project Assistant (19 years) in the Government. Though, I in the past headed some other position in the private Sector (Supply Chain Management - 2 years). Also worked on several international researches from the United Kingdom.

Marriage: Married with 2 kids and a wife

My Quest: For the past two year now I have been pessimistic of this dream as a result of the noise from those claiming to be agents of the Canadian govt in Nigeria. Reading your posts here some weeks ago was like a ginger in my spirit towards this migration stuff.
Do u think or know whether:

1. My educational background (Certificates) is qualify for the Canadian stuff?
2. My career is relevant to the environment given the Canadian govt regulations?

And If I am eligible, advise on how to go about it....

Thanks and looking forward to read from you soon.

DNY

Yes I don't see why you shouldn't be eligible to apply. You just have to first evaluate your qualifications and take your IELTS. The only issue I see would be your age because as you've stated, you have about 21 years work experience which if I were to guess puts your age as 40+. If I'm correct this means you won't be able to have a decent CRS score as the score for age maxes out at 45. All hope isn't lost though as even if you aren't able to score above 450 you can still go through the PNP route.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by tunai(m): 7:09pm On Nov 08, 2015
JesusDWay:

You will eventually have to resign your job if you want to go to Canada so, begin dealing with your skepticism as you must make up your mind about relocating(come what you may face there).

Also note that, this scheme is not about getting a work permit, it is for Permanent Residency that eventually leads you to becoming a citizen of Canada in about 4-5years. This you must know is part of the reasons for relocating and not just about getting job. However, i don't think you will find it hard to get a job over there considering your background. Coca-Cola is a world brand and as Transport Manager, you should be snapped up almost immediately(by God's grace though) especially in some provinces as Logistics is a big industry over there and one that can't be done without.

Depending on when you submit your medical report after you must have gotten invitation to apply for permanent residency, you have close to a year to finally relocate cuz, your medical report is valid for one year. Let's say you submit your docs for application and you were given visa 3months after, you have 9months to enter Canada during which period you can be applying to companies and letting them know you can land in Canada soon. Also, you may take your annual leave and use the period to land in Canada after you must have gotten your visa, then use the period to get a job and then either come back here to finally resign or send in a mail(if your company honours that).

Finally, fear not and take the step, i believe it will work out for you. You can start prospecting for jobs using the sites below:

www.indeed.ca www.monster.ca

Hi Zandora, thanks for this encouragement, I am fully activated now to start my application. I intent to register for my IELTS exams immediately
1. I hope it will not be too late to start an application as the earliest test date is 5th December.
2. I intend to relocate with my whole family to Canada and will like to fund out if I will be permitted to come to Canada alone first to settle before bringing in my family.
3. Is it also true that there is free education for kids in Canada
4.which province has more of the logistics roles so I can channel my focus to the province
5. Which province have the lowest cost of living.
6. I have a degree in Mathematics and an MBA,I can easily get my 1st degree transcript sent to WES from my school but not sure how quick my MBA can be sent by Lautech.Is there any advantage of using both degrees or can I just use my maths degree

Regards
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by irondome: 8:26pm On Nov 08, 2015
tunai:

Hi Zandora, thanks for this encouragement, I am fully activated now to start my application. I intent to register for my IELTS exams immediately
1. I hope it will not be too late to start an application as the earliest test date is 5th December.
2. I intend to relocate with my whole family to Canada and will like to fund out if I will be permitted to come to Canada alone first to settle before bringing in my family.
4.which province has more of the logistics roles so I can channel my focus to the province
6. I have a degree in Mathematics and an MBA,I can easily get my 1st degree transcript sent to WES from my school but not sure how quick my MBA can be sent by Lautech.Is there any advantage of using both degrees or can I just use my maths degree

1. I hope it will not be too late to start an application as the earliest test date is 5th December. Never too late, however, make sure you do not procrastinate, as first steps are usually vital to success.
2. I intend to relocate with my whole family to Canada and will like to fund out if I will be permitted to come to Canada alone first to settle before bringing in my family. Absolutely, only that you would be expected to show the proof of funds for the entire family at the point of entry, even if all your family members are not landing with you.
3. Is it also true that there is free education for kids in Canada. Not sure, however, I read somewhere education is free till college.
4.which province has more of the logistics roles so I can channel my focus to the province. Ask google sir
5. Which province have the lowest cost of living. Ask google sir
6. I have a degree in Mathematics and an MBA,I can easily get my 1st degree transcript sent to WES from my school but not sure how quick my MBA can be sent by Lautech.Is there any advantage of using both degrees or can I just use my maths degree. Your MBA may fetch you more points if WES assessed it as equivalent to Canadian masters (which is likely). You may go with only bachelor degree if you do not need the extra points (i.e if your CRS score with just BSc is like 450+). Personally, I think every point counts.

Regards
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Phunshe: 11:00pm On Nov 08, 2015
smiley
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by zandora: 11:45pm On Nov 08, 2015
tunai:

Regards

Actually I wasn't the one who responded to your query, Jesusdway did.

No it's not too late to start your application as no deadline has been set yet. Yes children get free education. You are supposed to evaluate only your highest degree hence your MBA will do if you believe it'll be equivalent to Canadian Master's.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by zandora: 11:52pm On Nov 08, 2015
Phunshe:
I want to apply for Canadian Permanent Residency Visa. I am married with no kids at the moment.

I want to take the IELTS test. I want to find out whether it is compulsory for my wife to sit for and pass the IELTS test and whether I need to submit her documents.

Further, I have 4 years experience as a Tax Consultant. What is my chances if I am unable to obtain a letter of reference from my current employer?

It isn't compulsory but it's advisable that your wife should also sit for the IELTS in order to gain more points. You need a letter of reference because that's one of the the most important documents requested. Failing that you should then provide any official document showing number of hours worked, job title, salary & your duties and responsibilities etc.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by fphumie(f): 2:37am On Nov 09, 2015
Good morning, Jesusdway, Zandora and other expert in thé building...... Please I av question as regards POF- due to current devaluation in our Naira, I invested my funds in treasury bills and I also av some savings I do with à cooperative and one with insurance cos. The sum I av in my bank account is not significant to the POF I am expected to have for family of 5. Can I present à letter from the cooperative as POF ? Can I also present my treasury bill certificate as POF ? Can I present letter from the assurance coy as POF ?
Second question is on PCC- I know it has been mentioned in thé past but I cannt remember the page for référence, please aw much will it cost me and am I to go with just my passport photo and biodata page of my int'l passport ? Also, is the validity one year ?
Thanks in anticipation
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by zaraman(m): 12:52pm On Nov 09, 2015
It is quite unfortunate as this new thread has pushed most of all FSW applicant out.

the Mod should have created a separate thread for express entry.

a lot june to december 2014 applicant are still waiting for AVO

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by learned0007: 1:03pm On Nov 09, 2015
zandora:

Actually I wasn't the one who responded to your query, Jesusdway did.
No it's not too late to start your application as no deadline has been set yet. Yes children get free education. You are supposed to evaluate only your highest degree hence your MBA will do if you believe it'll be equivalent to Canadian Master's.

Hi Zandora,

Quite appreciate your insightful inputs to the numerous queries.

However, need clarification on the bolded from your response above. I have a BSc from Nigeria (5 yrs) and an MSc from UK (1 yr). Obviously, the UK MSc is the highest degree, which I have checked to be an equivalent of Canadian Masters.

Am I correct by saying, your advice is just to evaluate (using WES) only the Masters degree and not necessarily the BSc from Naija uni in my case?

Would evaluating both degrees not enhance my points and enable me stand a better chance?

Lastly, on average from those who have done this WES evaluation, how long does the process take for Universities in Nigeria and for UK Uni's?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by irondome: 3:45pm On Nov 09, 2015
zaraman:
It is quite unfortunate as this new thread has pushed most of all FSW applicant out.

the Mod should have created a separate thread for express entry.

a lot june to december 2014 applicant are still waiting for AVO

We can still roll together you know; however, you may initiate a new thread for the old FSW Program if you guys chose to be exclusive.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by cutesammie(m): 4:13pm On Nov 09, 2015
Hello house,
Does anyone know any notary public in Osogbo? Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by bubsykay: 4:18pm On Nov 09, 2015
Thanks to you all! Application submitted! Total CRS score 456, I see the next draw coming down to 450 or below......... @Zandora, JesusDway and other bosses! What do I do now? any link for document list? so I can start getting ready. Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by irondome: 4:51pm On Nov 09, 2015
fphumie:
Good morning, Jesusdway, Zandora and other expert in thé building...... Please I av question as regards POF- due to current devaluation in our Naira, I invested my funds in treasury bills and I also av some savings I do with à cooperative and one with insurance cos. The sum I av in my bank account is not significant to the POF I am expected to have for family of 5. Can I present à letter from the cooperative as POF ? Can I also present my treasury bill certificate as POF ? Can I present letter from the assurance coy as POF ?
Second question is on PCC- I know it has been mentioned in thé past but I cannt remember the page for référence, please aw much will it cost me and am I to go with just my passport photo and biodata page of my int'l passport ? Also, is the validity one year ?
Thanks in anticipation

Do you have an ITA yet? If otherwise, you might want to delay your PCC until you receive one as PCCs have validity date. Furthermore, there is no point in rushing as it's what you can get in less than a week. It's inscribed validity is usually 3 months, however, I think CIC consider it valid for 1 year, may request for a new one if it's older than 3 months.

On your proof of funds, I believe you can use your insurance contribution and Tbills as long as they are not encumbered and you can provide financial documents to back up the funds for a period of 6 months. Can you access/draw from your contributions (cooperative and Insurance) at any point in time? What's the tenure of your tbills?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by irondome: 5:06pm On Nov 09, 2015
bubsykay:
Thanks to you all! Application submitted! Total CRS score 456, I see the next draw coming down to 450 or below......... @Zandora, JesusDway and other bosses! What do I do now? any link for document list? so I can start getting ready. Thank you

Personal opinion, I don't think the next draw would drop to 450, as the wait period is over 2 weeks already. However, 456 could be a possibility, but still unlikely.

On the document checklist, you would be given a personalized list after filling in the form (post ITA). Generically, some of the documents include
1. Your e-medical form which you would be given after completing you medical exam. I would advice you schedule an appointment with one of the panel doctors after receiving your ITA.
2. ALL your academic certificates and transcripts. You can also merge your WES ECA and IELTS form to these certificates, just to be on the safe side.
3. All Reference letters of the company that you have claimed points for. The letter should detail your duties (which should match your NOC), your salary, duration, number of hours; must be on company letter head and duly signed.
4. Data page of your travel documents.
5. Your POF document, which should detail your account details (date opened, six months balance, account number, etc). You may also want to include your regular six months financial statement.
6. LOE as to any of the statutory questions you might have answered Yes to (e.g, previous visa refusal, Medical issues, etc)

7. Others I might have missed.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by irondome: 5:14pm On Nov 09, 2015
learned0007:

Hi Zandora,

Quite appreciate your insightful inputs to the numerous queries.

However, need clarification on the bolded from your response above. I have a BSc from Nigeria (5 yrs) and an MSc from UK (1 yr). Obviously, the UK MSc is the highest degree, which I have checked to be an equivalent of Canadian Masters.

Am I correct by saying, your advice is just to evaluate (using WES) only the Masters degree and not necessarily the BSc from Naija uni in my case?

Would evaluating both degrees not enhance my points and enable me stand a better chance?

Lastly, on average from those who have done this WES evaluation, how long does the process take for Universities in Nigeria and for UK Uni's?

What really matters to CIC is your highest degree, as that determine how they would appropriate points to you. Going for the assessment of both degrees would only increase your ECA turn around time as WES is likely to access your UK masters faster than your Nigerian BSc.

Your MBA/MSc fetches you a higher point than the 2 or more degree category; so your best bet is to access just your UK Masters
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by learned0007: 5:23pm On Nov 09, 2015
irondome:

What really matters to CIC is your highest degree, as that determine how they would appropriate points to you. Going for the assessment of both degrees would only increase your ECA turn around time as WES is likely to access your UK masters faster than your Nigerian BSc.
Your MBA/MSc fetches you a higher point than the 2 or more degree category; so your best bet is to access just your UK Masters

Spot on.

Thanks bro.

Also, can you confirm the "document by document" WES evaluation is good to go in this case since its for Immigration and not study purpose.

I asked because that should cost 150 canadian dollars (which is equivalent to less than 30k naira), but I read earlier in the thread that some pay as much as 50k naira for the evaluation so I'm at a loss as to why. Im I missing something?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by irondome: 5:36pm On Nov 09, 2015
learned0007:

Spot on.

Thanks bro.

Also, can you confirm the "document by document" WES evaluation is good to go in this case since its for Immigration and not study purpose.

I asked because that should cost 150 canadian dollars (which is equivalent to less than 30k naira), but I read earlier in the thread that some pay as much as 50k naira for the evaluation so I'm at a loss as to why. Im I missing something?

Did mine some 15 months ago and I paid $180 (not so sure though). May be others who did theirs recently can help out here.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by bubsykay: 6:08pm On Nov 09, 2015
irondome:

Personal opinion, I don't think the next draw would drop to 450, as the wait period is over 2 weeks already. However, 456 could be a possibility, but still unlikely.
On the document checklist, you would be given a personalized list after filling in the form (post ITA). Generically, some of the documents include
1. Your e-medical form which you would be given after completing you medical exam. I would advice you schedule an appointment with one of the panel doctors after receiving your ITA.
2. ALL your academic certificates and transcripts. You can also merge your WES ECA and IELTS form to these certificates, just to be on the safe side.
3. All Reference letters of the company that you have claimed points for. The letter should detail your duties (which should match your NOC), your salary, duration, number of hours; must be on company letter head and duly signed.
4. Data page of your travel documents.
5. Your POF document, which should detail your account details (date opened, six months balance, account number, etc). You may also want to include your regular six months financial statement.
6. LOE as to any of the statutory questions you might have answered Yes to (e.g, previous visa refusal, Medical issues, etc)
7. Others I might have missed.

I appreciate your detailed info, we will see how the draws unfold. Its all working out for good.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Arcayo: 6:09pm On Nov 09, 2015
learned0007:

Spot on.

Thanks bro.

You are paying $322.08 in total courier and tax inclusive

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (821)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.