Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,815 members, 7,820,881 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:29 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2609582 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by irondome: 11:19am On Nov 11, 2015
ssemire:
Hi guys, *zandora jesusdway

Top of the morning. Please I need to confirm how to explain my nysc year. Cic has sent a mail regarding a one year gap which is my nysc year. Initially, I put it as government work but they are asking for more information. How do I explain what I did for the year. Thanks

I reckon you failed to detail your NYSC experience under activity section. Nothing to worry about though. If I were you, I would explain in details what i did during my service year and support my explanation with as many documentations as possible, e.g the company/organization I worked for, address of the organization, my job description & title, and of course the duration. I would provide every string of evidence to back up my explanation.

Which month did you submit your application?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by zandora: 4:07pm On Nov 11, 2015
irondome:

For the OP, it still boils down to if he/she has an ITA, otherwise, he/she would be wasting money in doing it over again. For instance, I rushed to do my PCC in February hoping I was going to be drawn with the next draw; unfortunately, CIC waited for another 4 weeks to make the next draw and I was not fortunate enough, until another 5months.

I see no point in doing PCC ahead, except for countries like the US, etc where PCC processing takes over 2 months. Same goes for medicals, doing medicals far too early enough cuts into the time you & family have to land after getting your COPR.

I know. However I was responding to what you said about the OP redoing his PCC if it's more than 3 months, that won't be necessary because the validity of a PCC is no longer 3 months but 6 months.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by zandora: 4:11pm On Nov 11, 2015
ssemire:
Hi guys, *zandora jesusdway

Top of the morning. Please I need to confirm how to explain my nysc year. Cic has sent a mail regarding a one year gap which is my nysc year. Initially, I put it as government work but they are asking for more information. How do I explain what I did for the year. Thanks

Why did you put it as government work? NYSC is employment hence you should have written it down as exactly what it was i.e you were employed by an employer for 1 year working as Bleep.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by irondome: 4:36pm On Nov 11, 2015
zandora:

Why did you put it as government work? NYSC is employment hence you should have written it down as exactly what it was i.e you were employed by an employer for 1 year working as Bleep.

Do you think it could have been better under Activity. If she had detailed it under employment record; the system (EE) would have generated a menu for her to upload her proof of employment (reference letter, etc) for that entry. The system assumes that the applicant is trying to claim point for each entry.

However, if you have it under activity, CIC gets a comprehensive details of your activities over the last 10 years (with not gap at all) and the EE system would not prompt you to upload any reference letter.

I would think the way forward for her is to provide those details (Employer, Employer's address, Job title & description, duration, etc) both via email and the case specific enquiry (CSE) link.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by fphumie(f): 6:45pm On Nov 11, 2015
irondome:

Do you have an ITA yet? If otherwise, you might want to delay your PCC until you receive one as PCCs have validity date. Furthermore, there is no point in rushing as it's what you can get in less than a week. It's inscribed validity is usually 3 months, however, I think CIC consider it valid for 1 year, may request for a new one if it's older than 3 months
On your proof of funds, I believe you can use your insurance contribution and Tbills as long as they are not encumbered and you can provide financial documents to back up the funds for a period of 6 months. Can you access/draw from your contributions (cooperative and Insurance) at any point in time? What's the tenure of your tbills?
Thanks for the response. I however do not have ITA yet,the Tbills are tenored for one year ,I can access and draw my funds in the cooperative and insurance at any point in time. Should I request for letter from the insurance company and cooperative? What format should it be??
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by irondome: 8:40pm On Nov 11, 2015
fphumie:

Thanks for the response. I however do not have ITA yet,the Tbills are tenored for one year ,I can access and draw my funds in the cooperative and insurance at any point in time. Should I request for letter from the insurance company and cooperative? What format should it be??

It would be nice if you can detail them in the format of proof of fund as specified by CIC, i.e. for each POF type (Bank, insurance, Co-operative Bank), the POF document should detail
Account Number
Account Name
Account opened date
Account type (e.g. saving, current)
Account status
6 Months average balance
All outstanding debts, such as credit cards and loans (where applicable)
Must be printed on the letterhead of the financial institution, and include your name and the contact information of the financial institution (address, telephone number and e-mail address)."

Additionally, you can back these documents up, with the regular 6 months account statements printed on the financial institution’s letter-head. In the events that you cannot get your financial institution to produce your POF in the format above (with the details listed above); your regular financial statement may suffice, with a detailed letter of explanation.

I should also state that I have my reservation with insurance savings as some are usually locked-in over a period of time (2,3,4,5 years). You may want to clear up that grey area, i.e, that the "account type" is indeed a saving account; and that you have access to the funds in the account at any given time. If you have a contract document (that you signed during account opening) to back this up, it may be of help.

On Tbills, I know they are acceptable for POF, however, I do not know how CIC assesses instruments that are yet to mature.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by WoodcrestMayor(m): 6:09am On Nov 12, 2015
Ghana o! cry
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ssemire(f): 6:46am On Nov 12, 2015
irondome:

Do you think it could have been better under Activity. If she had detailed it under employment record; the system (EE) would have generated a menu for her to upload her proof of employment (reference letter, etc) for that entry. The system assumes that the applicant is trying to claim point for each entry.
However, if you have it under activity, CIC gets a comprehensive details of your activities over the last 10 years (with not gap at all) and the EE system would not prompt you to upload any reference letter.
I would think the way forward for her is to provide those details (Employer, Employer's address, Job title & description, duration, etc) both via email and the case specific enquiry (CSE) link.
I have written a loe and attached my discharge certificate. It should suffice I guess. Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Arcayo: 11:32am On Nov 12, 2015
Gurus in the house please can you advise on the Quebec QSWP....is it worth applying for with the payment a family of 4 will have to pay $1257...please advise
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 1:39pm On Nov 12, 2015
Arcayo:
Gurus in the house please can you advise on the Quebec QSWP....is it worth applying for with the payment a family of 4 will have to pay $1257...please advise
I can't get the screen shot now, but Quebec SWP has closed.3500 slots filled in 7days.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by JesusDWay(m): 2:53pm On Nov 12, 2015
Arcayo:

Prepare towards the online stream that will open January 18 i think, the paper one has closed already. Details about the online system will be available from January 5th or 6th so, prepare all your docs and familiarise yourself with the system when they make the info available.

Meanwhile, i hope you have calculated your points very well and you have the required score otherwise, your application fee will enter voicemail o? Also, you have to get certified true copies of your transcripts, certificates(including confirmation of result from WAEC which will not be given you by hand or, you can go to the ministry of education to get all your educational certs certified for you). Also, you will need to get letter from the office of the Chairman, Board of revenue showing you have being paying tax for the past five years and they will also show a table of your income vs tax paid per year.

Best wishes

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Arcayo: 3:25pm On Nov 12, 2015
JesusDWay:

Prepare towards the online stream that will open January 18 i think, the paper one has closed already. Details about the online system will be available from January 5th or 6th so, prepare all your docs and familiarise yourself with the system when they make the info available.

Meanwhile, i hope you have calculated your points very well and you have the required score otherwise, your application fee will enter voicemail o? Also, you have to get certified true copies of your transcripts, certificates(including confirmation of result from WAEC which will not be given you by hand or, you can go to the ministry of education to get all your educational certs certified for you). Also, you will need to get letter from the office of the Chairman, Board of revenue showing you have being paying tax for the past five years and they will also show a table of your income vs tax paid per year.

Best wishes
Thank bro....this one na long thing
@debbiesjosh....thanks too
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by irondome: 5:18pm On Nov 12, 2015
ssemire:
I have written a loe and attached my discharge certificate. It should suffice I guess. Thanks

Yeah, it should. Make sure your LOE details Company Name, Address and your role in the company. The whole essence is to prove to CIC that you were not somewhere engaging in criminal activities (fraud, terrorism, etc).
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by irondome: 5:37pm On Nov 12, 2015
WoodcrestMayor:
Ghana o! cry

Lols, there is a rumor going around that CIC may be prioritizing 2014 FSW applicants, as well as the 25,000 Syria refugees. If that's true, you should hear something good from Ghana very soon.

All the best.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Issydebo: 7:37pm On Nov 12, 2015
The plan is to get 25,000 Syrian refugees in by the end of the year. herculean task I must say. I also read that the EE scheme may give additional points for people with Canadian siblings. interesting times ahead
irondome:

Lols, there is a rumor going around that CIC may be prioritizing 2014 FSW applicants, as well as the 25,000 Syria refugees. If that's true, you should hear something good from Ghana very soon.

All the best.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Yettyseye: 8:23pm On Nov 12, 2015
Hello house, i am new on this platform, i put in for a study visa in canada against next year but my application was refused, so i decided to try out PR tru d ongoing express entry platform. pls i need proper guidance and i will appreciate every ones support. if i may ask, what is d guarantee for migrating with dis programme and how long does it take.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by irondome: 9:39pm On Nov 12, 2015
Yettyseye:
Hello house, i am new on this platform, i put in for a study visa in canada against next year but my application was refused, so i decided to try out PR tru d ongoing express entry platform. pls i need proper guidance and i will appreciate
every ones support. if i may ask, what is d guarantee for migrating with dis programme and how long does it take.

Guarantee on visa: depends on so many moving parts. Honesty of your application. Genuineness of your supporting document, level of your attention to details, and the God factor.

Duration: 6 months after your final application submission. However, before then, you have to create a profile on express entry and get invited (ITA) to lodge the visa. How fast you get an invitation depends on how high your crs score is.

First step, go through the info and links provided by zandora on the first page.
Do a pre-assessment to determine if u qualify.
Arrange for IELTS exam and ECA assessment.
With both the results, create a profile on express entry and wait for an ITA

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by irondome: 9:59pm On Nov 12, 2015
Issydebo:
The plan is to get 25,000 Syrian refugees in by the end of the year. herculean task I must say. I also read that the EE scheme may give additional points for people with Canadian siblings. interesting times ahead

If only politicians would stop making insane promises just to curry electorate's vote. The good thing is that they are not processing the refugees' pr outrightly. The plan is to rush up their basic health and security checks, grant them temporary visa, resettle them this year and process their pr over next year. Even with approach, they would still struggle to resettle 25k refugees before xmas
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Issydebo: 6:20am On Nov 13, 2015
Insane promise indeed. How do you rush security check? The security implications of this move is grave, given that some of the ISIS fighters are now masquerading as refugees and will more likely than not activate their various cells right north American soil! Frightening prospects, hopefully the security implications has been well thought out. Apologies if my post digressed from the heart of the matter.
irondome:

If only politicians would stop making insane promises just to curry electorate's vote. The good thing is that they are not processing the refugees' pr outrightly. The plan is to rush up their basic health and security checks, grant them temporary visa, resettle them this year and process their pr over next year. Even with approach, they would still struggle to resettle 25k refugees before xmas
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Issydebo: 6:29am On Nov 13, 2015
1.Determine your eligibility by doing this CIC quiz http://www.cic.gc.ca/ctc-vac/ee-start.asp

2) Get your language test(s) done. You must get at least CLB 7 in each of the four sections for the Federal Skilled Worker (FSW), Provincial Nomination Program (PNP) or Canadian Experience Class (CEC) streams. But getting CLB 10 gives you maximum points for language.

How does CLB match back to the language tests? That info is here --> http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/language/charts.asp

3) Get your qualifications assessed by doing an Education Credential Assessment. Details here --> http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/assessment.asp

4) Determine the code that best applies to you on the National Occupation Classification (NOC) list http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/noc.asp

The occupation must be NOC 0, A, or B for FSW or CEC.

5) When you have those in hand you create your express entry profile. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/profile.asp and register for the Job Bank http://www.jobbank.gc.ca/home-eng.do?lang=eng

You'll be given points based on your age, education, number of years work experience, and language skills. The points system is detailed here --> http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/express-entry/grid-crs.asp

You'll be in a pool with thousands of other applicants http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/pool.asp

Of course, the more points you have the better. The max is 1200, with 600 of those points coming from your ability to snag a PNP or a job offer with a very hard to get Labour Market Impact Assessment http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/employers/lmo-basics.asp

For CEC applicants, the max is 600 but someone who has no work experience in Canada who is only eligible for FSW can only get up to 520 points.

6) Finally, wait for your invitation to apply (ITA). But in the interim you will need to do the following:

a) Have your application fee (C$550 each for principal applicant and spouse) and right of permanent resident fee (C$490 each for principal applicant and spouse) ready
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/fees.asp

b) Identify how you will provide proof of funds http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp

c) check out what is required for the police certificates http://www.cic.gc.ca/English/information/security/police-cert/index.asp

d) find out how long it takes to get a date for the medical exam. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/medical/medexams-perm.asp

e) contact previous and current employers about them providing job letters. You must have at least 12 months of full-time, or an equal amount in part-time, skilled work experience. Full-time work means at least 30 hours of paid work per week.
credit: canadavisa.com
Yettyseye:
Hello house, i am new on this platform, i put in for a study visa in canada against next year but my application was refused, so i decided to try out PR tru d ongoing express entry platform. pls i need proper guidance and i will appreciate every ones support. if i may ask, what is d guarantee for migrating with dis programme and how long does it take.

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by zeelo2014: 9:23am On Nov 13, 2015
Nice to see lots of questions being answered here. Thank you all for the support and assistance offered here.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by zeelo2014: 9:34am On Nov 13, 2015
romefe:
Pls forum members I have a driver licences which I did but without capturing and I was told I will need to sumit it in Winnipeg to get there own. My question is will they confirm it with Nigeria road safety or not.
I don't have all the details about Manitoba's driver license system. But it will do you a lot of good if u you travel with your genuine Nigerian license that's about 3years old. The Nigerian license will allow you drive for about 3 months but u need to submit it for you to get theirs after writing your knowledge test.
confirm your license here
https://www.nigeriadriverslicence.org
click on DL application.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Ekicedar: 9:48am On Nov 13, 2015
Pls house,

Kindly advise on the best NOC for a BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT OFFICER with a PENSION FUND ADMINISTRATOR.

Am confused between 4163 & 1114

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by irondome: 10:09am On Nov 13, 2015
Ekicedar:
Pls house,

Kindly advise on the best NOC for a BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT OFFICER with a PENSION FUND ADMINISTRATOR.

Thanks

Write out your detail job description in line with reference letter that would be provided by your employer. Then compare them with the job description specified by cic under 4163 and 1114. You should select the noc with with closest match (possibly 70-80%)
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Ekicedar: 1:09pm On Nov 13, 2015
irondome:

Write out your detail job description in line with reference letter that would be provided by your employer. Then compare them with the job description specified by cic under 4163 and 1114. You should select the noc with with closest match (possibly 70-80%)

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by shinebabe(f): 1:19pm On Nov 13, 2015
zandora:

Please see below.

1 $11,931
2 $14,853
3 $18,260
4 $22,170
5 $25,145
6 $28,359
7 or more $31,574

Therefore for a single applicant you need $11,931 Canadian which is equivalent to N1,779,260 as at today's exchange rate. You need to show 6 months bank statement but the money doesn't need to be in your account for the full 6 months. However any large inflow into your account within the 6 months needs to be explained and backed up by the proper documentation, therefore it's advisable for the funds to be in your account for the full 6 months to avoid complications.

Pls I'm sorry for dragging you back. I want to know, if I have the required amount for 6 months but like a year or so ago I.e. its not recent; is it still usable as proof of funds?

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by JesusDWay(m): 1:25pm On Nov 13, 2015
Ekicedar:
Pls house,

Thanks

If you are saying you have worked in both roles, then use the one that you have more years of work experience in as your major noc and also consider which will give you more opportunities e.g, 4163 is among the occupation-in-demand for Saskatchewan and as such, would make you have more chance to apply to other places than pfa
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Ekicedar: 2:00pm On Nov 13, 2015
[quote author=JesusDWay post=39978302]

If you are saying you have worked in both roles, then use the one that you have more years of work experience in as your major noc and also consider which will give you more opportunities e.g, 4163 is among the occupation-in-demand for Saskatchewan and as such, would make you have more chance to apply to other places than pfa[/quo

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by irondome: 2:26pm On Nov 13, 2015
shinebabe:

Pls I'm sorry for dragging you back. I want to know, if I have the required amount for 6 months but like a year or so ago I.e. its not recent; is it still usable as proof of funds?

Thanks

I don't think so. The 6 months should be the months preceding your application, I.e, it has to be recent. In fact, you would be expected to show the pof during landing at poe.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Ekicedar: 3:47pm On Nov 13, 2015
I have once filled and withdrew my express entry profile. I want to fill again should I click yes when asked if I have applied before?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by irondome: 4:36pm On Nov 13, 2015
Ekicedar:
I have once filled and withdrew my express entry profile. I want to fill again should I click yes when asked if I have applied before?

Applied for what before? Visa?

I would answer "No" Creating express entry profile is not a visa application. It's not considered an application until you submit and pay your processing fee.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Issydebo: 4:40pm On Nov 13, 2015
20th draw 1,506 ITAs issued. CRS 484

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (821)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.