Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,761 members, 7,820,649 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:46 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (25) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2609434 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by irondome: 4:46pm On Nov 13, 2015
Issydebo:
20th draw 1,506 ITAs issued. CRS 484

Fair draw!!! I thought it would be higher, considering the 3 weeks wait. This is also good news to those who have already submitted their applications.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Etfash(m): 6:51pm On Nov 13, 2015
irondome:

Fair draw!!! I thought it would be higher, considering the 3 weeks wait. This is also good news to those who have already submitted their applications.

Irondome, really? What is fair about a CRS of 484? The maximum points i can get is 481 without provincial nomination or a job offer. Except if i will have to write the French test which, truthfully, would be a serious stress for me.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by zandora: 8:55pm On Nov 13, 2015
Ekicedar:
I have once filled and withdrew my express entry profile. I want to fill again should I click yes when asked if I have applied before?

The answer is no because you didn't submit a complete application.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by irondome: 9:20pm On Nov 13, 2015
Etfash:

Irondome, really? What is fair about a CRS of 484? The maximum points i can get is 481 without provincial nomination or a job offer. Except if i will have to write the French test which, truthfully, would be a serious stress for me.

Aya!!!!, you got me wrong sir. I called it fair because I had anticipated it would be higher than the penultimate draw score (489). Cut-off score usually shoot up when there is a gap of more than 2wks in between draw dates. In this case, the score came down marginally.

Regarding the possiblity of keeping the cut-off score consistently that high, I opine that it's not sustainable. The scores would come down to the 450 range again, possibly in feb/mar; or in Jan (if they draw every 2wks).

In all, it all boils down the disposition of the new government.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by deesmom(f): 9:37pm On Nov 13, 2015
Good evening folks, please is there any Banker(operations staff specifically) in the house who has applied through express entry. If yes please I would like to know the NOC you chose. Please......
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Tenaj123: 9:42pm On Nov 13, 2015
/Hello House, Is there a way to waive the IETLS test?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by britiko: 10:18pm On Nov 13, 2015
Tenaj123:
/Hello House, Is there a way to waive the IETLS test?
No.
its a mandatory requirement.
if i may ask, why do you want it waived?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by britiko: 10:20pm On Nov 13, 2015
deesmom:
Good evening folks, please is there any Banker(operations staff specifically) in the house who has applied through express entry. If yes please I would like to know the NOC you chose. Please......

operations staff is difficult o
noc code 6551 for customer service representatives, funds transfer officers and teller.
na wa. its classified as semi skilled in Canada.
please lemme know if you discover something different.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by chimali: 7:35am On Nov 14, 2015
This csr is high. How can one get that with B.sc? My understanding of the pnp thing is that you also need a job offer from the province which still come down to having a job offer. Please people explain the pnp thing.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by chimali: 7:39am On Nov 14, 2015
Sorry CRS
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by olyveoyl(f): 7:54am On Nov 14, 2015
deesmom:

Have you checked noc 1212?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Ekicedar: 9:32am On Nov 14, 2015
Hello House,

Thanks for your usual prompt response.

I would like to ask if there is any need to pit work experience I don't want to claim points for because I won't be able to get documents.

Am just thinking not putting them may be regarded as misinterpretion.

Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by irondome: 12:20pm On Nov 14, 2015
Ekicedar:
Hello House,

Thanks for your usual prompt response.

I would like to ask if there is any need to pit work experience I don't want to claim points for because I won't be able to get documents.

Am just thinking not putting them may be regarded as misinterpretion.

Thank you

Don't put them under employment history, but you MUST include them under Personal Activities (not sure of the exact name). If you include them under employment, the system would prompt you to upload supporting document for the work experience.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Ekicedar: 12:34pm On Nov 14, 2015
irondome:

Don't put them under employment history, but you MUST include them under Personal Activities (not sure of the exact name). If you include them under employment, the system would prompt you to upload supporting document for the work experience.

Pls I can't find that place where u said I should put them,and how do I edit my profile
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by irondome: 12:40pm On Nov 14, 2015
chimali:
This csr is high. How can one get that with B.sc? My understanding of the pnp thing is that you also need a job offer from the province which still come down to having a job offer. Please people explain the pnp thing.

1. Don't panic on the high CRS, I believe the CRS cut-off would come down with time. How fast it does depends on CIC's disposition. For instance, if CIC decides on a draw next week, say -- 1500 candidates (with 1 week wait interval), the score would come crashing to 460 range; and a subsequent draw within 2week would send the cut-off to the regular glass floor of 450. Suffice to state that the cut-off could easily hit the 450 range within weeks depending on the frequency of draw and the number of applicants drawn.

2. There are a number of Provinces that would nominate you without job offers. Get a list of all the provinces in Canada and search for the provincial nomination programs. Jesustheway seems to know so much on PNPs, am sure he would be glad to guide you.

If your score is above 450, I wished I could advice you to wait it out till the score comes down, but no one is sure if the new liberal government would adopt the regular threshold of 450, or go higher, or possibly lower.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by irondome: 1:03pm On Nov 14, 2015
Ekicedar:

Pls I can't find that place where u said I should put them,and how do I edit my profile

Oh!!! If you are just creating your profile on Express Entry, it's okay to include ONLY the work experience you are claiming points for. The personal activity thing only applies to your post-ITA application form while lodging the visa application.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by irondome: 1:17pm On Nov 14, 2015
britiko:

operations staff is difficult o
noc code 6551 for customer service representatives, funds transfer officers and teller.
na wa. its classified as semi skilled in Canada.
please lemme know if you discover something different.

There is an NOC related to customer service representatives that is classified as skilled; it's a supervisory/manager role (not sure of the NOC). She may want to check out the job descriptions if they match her roles in the bank.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by britiko: 1:32pm On Nov 14, 2015
irondome:

There is an NOC related to customer service representatives that is classified as skilled; it's a supervisory/manager role (not sure of the NOC). She may want to check out the job descriptions if they match her roles in the bank.

i guess that NOC Code will be for the Head of operations(thats the supervisory role in operations)
but for other staff in operations, its 6551.
and yes, it might match her job descriptions.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Ekicedar: 1:39pm On Nov 14, 2015
irondome:

Oh!!! If you are just creating your profile on Express Entry, it's okay to include ONLY the work experience you are claiming points for. The personal activity thing only applies to your post-ITA application form while lodging the visa application.

OK thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by irondome: 1:55pm On Nov 14, 2015
britiko:

i guess that NOC Code will be for the Head of operations(thats the supervisory role in operations)
but for other staff in operations, its 6551.
and yes, it might match her job descriptions.

Yeah, she could explore the thin line between head of operation and team leader operations. Don't forget that CIC tends to match job description ahead of job title. For instance, If her duty as a back-up to the head of operation closely matches the job description specified by CIC, I opine that she might be okay using that NOC (of course with a caveat).
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by tunai(m): 6:24pm On Nov 14, 2015
This is to gurus in the house, please I just applied to WES today and created a profile, I have put in both my first degree and masters degree. I am suppose to pay $322.50. Is it advisable to pay now or get my schools to send my transcript to WES first and also I send my certificates before paying.

At what point also am I suppose to have a WES reference number, as I only got a mail for profile creation and no WES number ? And I know am suppose to write my WES number on all documents.

Please help my confused state.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Etfash(m): 6:54pm On Nov 14, 2015
tunai:
This is to gurus in the house, please I just applied to WES today and created a profile, I have put in both my first degree and masters degree. I am suppose to pay $322.50. Is it advisable to pay now or get my schools to send my transcript to WES first and also I send my certificates before paying.

At what point also am I suppose to have a WES reference number, as I only got a mail for profile creation and no WES number ? And I know am suppose to write my WES number on all documents.

You pay first; your reference number is given to you. That reference number becomes your 'special name' with WES - you must write it on any document you or your institution is sending to WES.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by zandora: 8:21pm On Nov 14, 2015
tunai:

Why didn't you just put your first degree to be assessed instead of wasting time with them also assessing your first degree? Except you believe your Master's won't be equivalent to the Canadian Master's?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by tunai(m): 8:59pm On Nov 14, 2015
zandora:

Why didn't you just put your first degree to be assessed instead of wasting time with them also assessing your first degree? Except you believe your Master's won't be equivalent to the Canadian Master's?

Thanks Zandora, its a MBA from LAUTECH,do you think it will fly?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by chimali: 11:10pm On Nov 14, 2015
Thank you all.
Please I have only SoR. Can I send it and also do I need to send d hard copy.

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by JesusDWay(m): 11:28pm On Nov 14, 2015
tunai:

It should fly. Also, it's all good if you send both first and second degree, more especially if you won't have any trouble getting the transcripts
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by zandora: 12:16am On Nov 15, 2015
tunai:

Use the WES free assessment tool and if it gives you the equivalent of a Canadian Master's then don't bother with your first degree because you'll be wasting your time as CIC won't even blink at it.

Anyway if WES gets both transcripts at the same time or if they get your Master's transcript before your Bachelor's they would only evaluate your Master's because that'll be sufficient. However it's if they receive your Bachelor's transcript before your Master's that there would be a delay. I only assessed my Master's and didn't bother with my Bachelor's.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by tunai(m): 9:22am On Nov 15, 2015
zandora:

Use the WES free assessment tool and if it gives you the equivalent of a Canadian Master's then don't bother with your first degree because you'll be wasting your time as CIC won't even blink at it.

Anyway if WES gets both transcripts at the same time or if they get your Master's transcript before your Bachelor's they would only evaluate your Master's because that'll be sufficient. However it's if they receive your Bachelor's transcript before your Master's that there would be a delay. I only assessed my Master's and didn't bother with my Bachelor's.

Thanks Zandora,the tool was quite helpful, now am sure my masters will fly.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by deesmom(f): 10:16pm On Nov 15, 2015
irondome:

Yeah, she could explore the thin line between head of operation and team leader operations. Don't forget that CIC tends to match job description ahead of job title. For instance, If her duty as a back-up to the head of operation closely matches the job description specified by CIC, I opine that she might be okay using that NOC (of course with a caveat).

Thanks good people. I would explore those NOC and get back to you all. Have a fruitful week

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (821)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.