Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,808 members, 7,810,106 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:52 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (27) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2599018 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Ekpekus(m): 12:59pm On Nov 20, 2015
Sisimee:
We are glad to inform you that one of the sessions will hold in Port Harcourt on the 19th of January. We are expecting that this session will serve immigrants in the following states in the South-East and South-South region of the Country: Imo, Rivers, Bayelsa, Akwa Ibom, Abia & Delta.

To register for this session, please send the following information for all participants. Only participants whose information is received will be registered and ultimately will have access to the venue of the training. All the information should be sent to coanigeria@iom.int not later than Friday, 15th January, 2015.

Full name (as it appears on Passport, with surname in block letters)
UCI number
Immigration case (FSWP, Family class, provincial nominee, refugee, etc)
Applicant Case (principal applicant, dependent)

Highest educational qualification obtained
City of final destination
Preferred email address

Please use COA TRAINING PORT HARCOURT as the subject of the email.

Thank you.
Is the 15th January 2015 correct?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by deesmom(f): 3:05pm On Nov 21, 2015
Good people , How was work this week . Hope you are enjoying the rest you deserve , as for me I am at work , keeping the hustle real. I decided to opt for NOC 6314 (Skill level B ).: Customer and Information Services Supervisor . The requirement for that code includes having a degree as opposed to other NOCS for customer service . I think others can also check it up .

I have another question o. I had 7.5 overall in ielts (L 8.5 R 7.5 W 6.5 S 7.0) however BC did not release my result , they said my biometrics wasnt found and I have to retake the test . What's your advise ?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Doggys: 7:15pm On Nov 21, 2015
Wow! Am so relieved to hear about this change of international passport because the agent insisted that if i don't change he can't work with me. I really need to know how i can do all these things myself. I am targeting to be in canada by God's grace June of 2016. I have a 10 months old son,do i need to make his international passport before applying in the EE? Also, at the moment i don't have the whole can $25,000 which i want to declare in one account? Do i start doing that now as i wish to apply in the first week of december for the EE? And can i use the wes reference number if i pay for my wife's ECA on monday?
tola73:
Changing of International passport is not compulsory since you already have your marriage certificate. It is African mentality that your wife must use your name. CIC got no problem with using her former name. Evaluating your wife certificate will obviously give you some points. If your school already included a copy your certificate along with the transcript no need to send another copy
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Doggys: 7:28pm On Nov 21, 2015
Wow! Am so relieved to hear about this change of international passport not been necessary because the agent insisted that if i don't change he can't work with me. I really need to know how i can do all these things myself. I am targeting to be in canada by God's grace June of 2016. I have a 10 months old son,do i need to make his international passport before applying in the EE? Also, at the moment i don't have the whole can $25,000 which i want to declare in one account? Do i start doing that now as i wish to apply in the first week of december for the EE? And can i use the wes reference number if i pay for my wife's ECA on monday?
tola73:
Changing of International passport is not compulsory since you already have your marriage certificate. It is African mentality that your wife must use your name. CIC got no problem with using her former name. Evaluating your wife certificate will obviously give you some points. If your school already included a copy your certificate along with the transcript no need to send another copy
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 10:02pm On Nov 21, 2015
Hello house, I have a BA and work with a telecom coy as a sales person, obviously I'm not working in my field of study. Will it be an issue applying for a express entry claiming that experience with the certificate.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by irondome: 10:05pm On Nov 21, 2015
deesmom:
Good people , How was work this week . Hope you are enjoying the rest you deserve , as for me I am at work , keeping the hustle real. I decided to opt for NOC 6314 (Skill level B ).: Customer and Information Services Supervisor . The requirement for that code includes having a degree as opposed to other NOCS for customer service . I think others can also check it up .

I have another question o. I had 7.5 overall in ielts (L 8.5 R 7.5 W 6.5 S 7.0) however BC did not release my result , they said my biometrics wasnt found and I have to retake the test . What's your advise ?

The NOC is okay, however, make sure your job description match the job description detailed under the code (6314) by CIC

On your IELTS; I would have advised you visit their office in Ikoyi and discuss the issue with a very senior manager. I believe you have a case as you made yourself available for the pre-test registration. However, on a second thought, I would suggest you re-attempt the exam as you lost substantial points for language because of your 6.5 in writing. Try and aim for a 8.5,8,7.5 ,7.5 (LRSW)
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by irondome: 10:11pm On Nov 21, 2015
Doggys:
Wow! Am so relieved to hear about this change of international passport because the agent insisted that if i don't change he can't work with me. I really need to know how i can do all these things myself. I am targeting to be in canada by God's grace June of 2016. I have a 10 months old son,do i need to make his international passport before applying in the EE? Also, at the moment i don't have the whole can $25,000 which i want to declare in one account? Do i start doing that now as i wish to apply in the first week of december for the EE? And can i use the wes reference number if i pay for my wife's ECA on monday?

Your son would need a passport.

Start gathering your POF; ideally, you are required to show a 6 month average of the minimum value required for your family size.

I don't think you can use the ref number on Monday to create your EE profile, as you may be required to fill in the date on the ECA document.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by irondome: 10:15pm On Nov 21, 2015
mohemola:
Hello house, I have a BA and work with a telecom coy as a sales person, obviously I'm not working in my field of study. Will it be an issue applying for a express entry claiming that experience with the certificate.

No, it wont be an issue. You would get the points for your highest degree (BA) as long as it's assessed by the stipulated assessing bodies (WES, etc) and you would likewise get value for your work experience as long as you have the appropriate reference letter.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by match2016: 12:07am On Nov 22, 2015
Hi Good people,
So I just got my passport and my COPR back, many thanks to Almighty Allah. Hope to go land next month by God's grace
Going through the process has really made me learn so much so I will be happy to answer any questions you might have.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by irondome: 1:01am On Nov 22, 2015
match2016:
Hi Good people,
So I just got my passport and my COPR back, many thanks to Almighty Allah. Hope to go land next month by God's grace
Going through the process has really made me learn so much so I will be happy to answer any questions you might have.

Congrats mate. You are welcome on board. Did you go through the EE or Paper application?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Doggys: 6:43am On Nov 22, 2015
wow!Okay. Thank you. And my wife went to onabisi onabanjo university. In this forum, i have heard people complaining about this school saying it took them about 3 months before they got theirs. Though mine is still yet to come but am working with the stipulated 3 weeks given by wes. I went to FUTA. Also without been in the EE, can i apply for PNP? My sister in law in working in canada told me that sometime in January, Alberta will open its PNP. I was really targeting that time.Also, i didn't get the part of the POF, do i start putting in money gradually and to make up the #4.5 million by the time i've been given an ITA? Thank you.
irondome:

Your son would need a passport.

Start gathering your POF; ideally, you are required to show a 6 month average of the minimum value required for your family size.

I don't think you can use the ref number on Monday to create your EE profile, as you may be required to fill in the date on the ECA document.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by irondome: 1:12pm On Nov 22, 2015
Doggys:
wow!Okay. Thank you. And my wife went to onabisi onabanjo university. In this forum, i have heard people complaining about this school saying it took them about 3 months before they got theirs. Though mine is still yet to come but am working with the stipulated 3 weeks given by wes. I went to FUTA. Also without been in the EE, can i apply for PNP? My sister in law in working in canada told me that sometime in January, Alberta will open its PNP. I was really targeting that time.Also, i didn't get the part of the POF, do i start putting in money gradually and to make up the #4.5 million by the time i've been given an ITA? Thank you.

If applying in January is that important, then you would have to leverage on all options to get OOU respond to WES ASAP. If it means going there in person to make it happen. Don't under-estimate the power of persuasion and right motivation.

On PNP, I know some of the Provinces are fully integrated into EE, however, am not sure if all are, especially Alberta. You may want to browse through the program online to verify that.

On POF, ideally, the 4.5million should sit in your account for 6 months before your ITA or e-app submission. However, a number of people have leveraged on a number of work-arounds which I personally feel is risky, e.g having your parent transferred the money to your account and supporting such funds with documents to prove it was a gift and not borrowed.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Doggys: 2:43pm On Nov 22, 2015
wow!Okay. Thank you. And my wife went to onabisi onabanjo university. In this forum, i have heard people complaining about this school saying it took them about 3 months before they got theirs. Though mine is still yet to come but am working with the stipulated 3 weeks given by wes. I went to FUTA. Also without been in the EE, can i apply for PNP? My sister in law in working in canada told me that sometime in January, Alberta will open its PNP. I was really targeting that time.Also, i didn't get the part of the POF, do i start putting in money gradually and to make up the #4.5 million by the time i've been given an ITA? Thank you.quote author=Doggys post=40210596]Okay. Thank you. Also,i wanted to know cos i was interacting with an agent and he said my wife needed to change her international passport to bear my name and we have our marriage certificate and affidavit. And does she need to do an education evaluation when she's not the principal applicant? Thanks and hope to hear from you. For my own wes evaluation i asked gave my university a copy of my certificate to add to the transcript they sent,don't know if i still need to send a copy directly to wes again?[/quote]
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Doggys: 2:48pm On Nov 22, 2015
Okay. Thanks.
irondome:

If applying in January is that important, then you would have to leverage on all options to get OOU respond to WES ASAP. If it means going there in person to make it happen. Don't under-estimate the power of persuasion and right motivation.

On PNP, I know some of the Provinces are fully integrated into EE, however, am not sure if all are, especially Alberta. You may want to browse through the program online to verify that.

On POF, ideally, the 4.5million should sit in your account for 6 months before your ITA or e-app submission. However, a number of people have leveraged on a number of work-arounds which I personally feel is risky, e.g having your parent transferred the money to your account and supporting such funds with documents to prove it was a gift and not borrowed.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Doggys: 3:16pm On Nov 22, 2015
Hello house. I did a quick crs calculation with good ielts scores for both myself and my wife and scored 440,do i have a good chance when i enter the pool? Or are there ways i can improve on this score before i go into the pool?
zandora:

Congrats! That's a good score. I don't think she should retake it unless you have spare funds to burn. I hope you're in the pool because you have a chance of being selected. Goodluck smiley
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by irondome: 4:32pm On Nov 22, 2015
Doggys:
Hello house. I did a quick crs calculation with good ielts scores for both myself and my wife and scored 440,do i have a good chance when i enter the pool? Or are there ways i can improve on this score before i go into the pool?

Fair score. With that score, you stand a good chance of getting a letter of interest from Ontario province (>400). And if the news of the impending drop of the draw points by CIC is true, you may also get an ITA directly, possibly towards the middle of next year.

On improving your score --

1. Max out your score on IELTS 8.5,8,7.5,7.5 LRSW
2. Go for french training and attempt accredited french test. (personally, I think this is far fetched)
3. Attain 3 years of skilled work experience.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by khasm(m): 5:10pm On Nov 22, 2015
Hello good ppl,pls help out:
WES has sent me an email twice explaining that copies of my doc has bn sent to my schl,my schl is sayin dey have not seen any document, my question :
1. Do I need to wait for WES to complete evaluation bfor I cn enter EE?
2. I hav sombody in canada that's giving me a job offer, what documents should I get from his company?

I await your honest opinion

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by tola73(m): 8:49pm On Nov 22, 2015
khasm:
WES has sent me an email twice explaining that copies of my doc has bn sent to my schl,my schl is sayin dey have not seen any document, my question :
2. I hav sombody in canada that's giving me a job offer, what documents should I get from his company?

You must have your results evaluated before creating your profile
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Issydebo: 9:25pm On Nov 22, 2015
1. Evaluating your credentials is a must . u even have to enter the relevant reference number and also confirm that the assessment was done by an accredited or cic recognised agency. The only exception is if you studied in canada
2. Check this link for guidance per question 2 http://www.esdc.gc.ca/eng/jobs/foreign_workers/higher_skilled/permanent/index.shtml

khasm:

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by irondome: 9:33pm On Nov 22, 2015
khasm:

As Tola stated, you would need your ECA to create a valid profile. I suggest you find a way to get both parties to communicate even if entails coughing out few change for track-able mail services.

On your job offer, it means very little in this new EE dispensation, except if backed up by LMIA.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by khasm(m): 12:28am On Nov 23, 2015
Thanks all for your swift responses.
@irondome, I have mailed WES to request for the tracking number, I hope they oblige, or is there a better alternative? shocked
About the job offer, im I to get a copy of the offer letter plus a copy of LMIA from the company?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Ekicedar: 11:33am On Nov 23, 2015
Pls house,

I re-entered the pool after my profile became in-ineglible after I changed my NOC.
1 Do I need to create another job bank acct or can I link d old one to this?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 1:02pm On Nov 23, 2015
edababa007:

U re not alone... I applied for myself and my wife since July.. it's been from 1 story to anoda.. But surprisingly, WES contacted OSU directly without receiving our transcripts. I now have my WES report and my wife is still expecting her report because she included her ICAN ATS certs. Ur wife might be lucky too. Pay her WES fee and send her Degree cert to WES.
pls are you saying I can pay for Wes send them my certificate and they will take it up from there themselves. I I'm waiting on olabisi onabanjo too, nd it's tedious
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 2:19pm On Nov 23, 2015
zandora:
Hello all,

I've created this thread for Canadian Express Entry and outstanding FSW 2014 applicants since the previous thread became too long and has now been closed. I've also pasted a PDF link below which details the step by step instructions to apply for the Federal Skilled Workers Program via Express Entry.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4gWGgP8Vy5lSjFoaC01ZUtOaTg/view

In order to apply for Express Entry via FSW you need to first have a minimum of 1 year full time (30 hrs a week) or 2 years part time (15 hrs a week) skilled work experience which falls under NOC code A,B or O. Check for your NOC code below:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/noc.asp

Next take your IELTS General test.

Then evaluate your degree or credentials via WES Canada (the best option). See link below:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/noc.asp

After doing the above, to find out if you've qualified you need to score a minimum of 67 points out of 100 in the FSW grid. Calculate your score below:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-factors.asp

Now that you've qualified, you can go ahead and complete your Express Entry profile via the link below:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/profile.asp

Other things you must have:

Reference letters to verify the work experience you're claiming points for in the specified format below:

Written on company letterhead.

Signed by the responsible officers/supervisor.

Have the printed name and job title of the responsible officer/supervisor beneath the signature.

Show the company’s full address, telephone and fax numbers, e-mail and website addresses

Stamped with the company’s official seal (if applicable)

The letter must include 5 things:

Your job title.

The dates of your employment (ideal format: DD/MM/YYYYY).

Your salary per year (or month).

Your average hours per week.

A detailed list of your employment duties.

Next you need to provide police certificates from all the countries you've resided in for 6 months and above since you were 18 years. See link on how to obtain PC from various countries below:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/infORmation/security/police-cert/index.asp

Then you need to provide proof of funds for you and/or your family:

Number of
Family Members Funds Required
(in Canadian dollars)
1 $11,931
2 $14,853
3 $18,260
4 $22,170
5 $25,145
6 $28,359
7 or more $31,574

Note: Birth certificates are no longer required for applicants but are only now required for your child/children.

Wishing you the best of luck smiley!

Previous thread:

https://www.nairaland.com/1279130/canadian-federal-skilled-worker-program-timelines

Please bro am interested in migrating to Canada. I have a degree with Middlesex University London (BA. International business Administration). Please I will like to go through the skilled visa route. What are my chances n what are d processes involved? Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by edababa007(m): 5:06pm On Nov 23, 2015
mohemola:
pls are you saying I can pay for Wes send them my certificate and they will take it up from there themselves. I I'm waiting on olabisi onabanjo too, nd it's tedious

Yes, Pay for WES and also send photocopies of your certs to WES.... WES will contact OSU directly.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Doggys: 5:51pm On Nov 23, 2015
Damn. I just received my ielts result. It's not pretty men. L:7.5,S:6.0,R:6.5,W:5.5. This really dropped my crs score to 308. Can i still go into the pool and hope for provincial nomination? Need the candid advice of the house!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by irondome: 7:13pm On Nov 23, 2015
Doggys:
Damn. I just received my ielts result. It's not pretty men. L:7.5,S:6.0,R:6.5,W:5.5. This really dropped my crs score to 308. Can i still go into the pool and hope for provincial nomination? Need the candid advice of the house!

I don't think so sir. You would require a minimum of 6.5,6,6,6 LSWR to be qualified under FSWP scheme.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by irondome: 7:30pm On Nov 23, 2015
Sisimee:

Hello All,

If you reside in Lagos you can also request for the training. Just indicate that you reside in Lagos. Please note that this training is only available for those who have Visas or have been invited to do medicals.

We are glad to inform you that one of the sessions will hold in Port Harcourt on the 19th of January. We are expecting that this session will serve immigrants in the following states in the South-East and South-South region of the Country: Imo, Rivers, Bayelsa, Akwa Ibom, Abia & Delta.

To register for this session, please send the following information for all participants. Only participants whose information is received will be registered and ultimately will have access to the venue of the training. All the information should be sent to coanigeria@iom.int not later than Friday, 15th January, 2016.

Full name (as it appears on Passport, with surname in block letters)
UCI number
Immigration case (FSWP, Family class, provincial nominee, refugee, etc)
Applicant Case (principal applicant, dependent)
Highest educational qualification obtained
City of final destination
Preferred email address

Please use COA TRAINING PORT HARCOURT as the subject of the email.

Thank you.

Not trying to knock your hustle Sis, why do I need a training if already have the visa
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by irondome: 7:51pm On Nov 23, 2015
Grinch:
Please bro am interested in migrating to Canada. I have a degree with Middlesex University London (BA. International business Administration). Please I will like to go through the skilled visa route. What are my chances n what are d processes involved? Thanks

As long as you have at least one year of skilled employment, you stand a good chance. However, there are a couple of huddles to be crossed.

1. check your eligibility for the FSWC scheme using the tool provided on CIC website.
2. You would require a good IELTS score (preferably 8.5,8,7.5,7.5 Listening, reading,speaking,writing, however 8,7,7,7 may just suffice)
3. Do your education certificate evaluation. I would suggest you use WES (google WES for more info).
4. Go ahead and create your profile on EE.

If your total score on EE is >450, you stand a good chance of being invited directly without the need to hustle for provincial nomination. If otherwise, then hustling may be required. There are a number of provinces out there that are able to nominate you without job offer.

Go through the site before for further info

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/profile.asp

I should also chip this in; for a BSc holder, the level of chance you have, greatly depends on -- how good your IELTS score is and how young you are.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by irondome: 8:01pm On Nov 23, 2015
Ekicedar:
Pls house,

I re-entered the pool after my profile became in-ineglible after I changed my NOC.
1 Do I need to create another job bank acct or can I link d old one to this?

I think you may need a new job bank account. I remember creating a new jobbank account when I had to recreate my EE profile.

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (821)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.