Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,533 members, 7,812,653 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:55 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (414) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2600741 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (411) (412) (413) (414) (415) (416) (417) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 8:37pm On Apr 26, 2017
miella:

You will need to use a domiciliary card to pay for it or if you have someone in Canada, the person can help you to pay.

Your transcript must be sent by your school. The student copy you have cannot be used.
Good day fam!
Please I am preparing to write IELTS General tests later this year and I have found it difficult to get materials to help me prepare adequately. Please i'd appreciate if you or anyone can help me with materials to prepare for the exam.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 9:13pm On Apr 26, 2017

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by jenny3(f): 9:15pm On Apr 26, 2017
Yes very OK, I also plan to do same
Penluv:

Thanks Jenny, but i am not registered in any hospital smiley. I can do a change of address for my other bank. My DL is about to expire, but i am not sure how soon i can get the renewed one. (phew) Will it be ok to use two bank statements stating the same address ?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by revlane: 9:51pm On Apr 26, 2017
Hi, has anyone used the GT bank Dollar Master Card to pay for eApR or RPRF? I want to know if CIC accepts it before applying for the card.
Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 2ts: 10:24pm On Apr 26, 2017
studyexec:

Hi, I think whatever asset you are using by the time you submit your application (post ITA) should be cash or liquid (easily converted to cash). Land is not one of those. I read from one of the provinces' requirements that land or such property will not be accepted.

You must sell the land and put the funds into your account or other liquid means. Then write a LOE on why the sudden source of money. Include evidence of your purchase and sale of the land.
I am in a similar situation and after several interactions with experienced people, this approach was highly recommended.
Other suggestions are welcome.

Thank you so much.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by swiftkid007: 10:47pm On Apr 26, 2017
zandora:

Thanks! You should redo the IELTS, trust me the listening is not that bad. I practiced for the listening via googling IELTS practice websites. I made sure I selected the websites that had the audio for the listening and it really helped. Practiced for 2 days and scored an 8 so believe me, you can also ace it. Goodluck!

P.S - You need to get your bank statements stamped before uploading it.

Good evening Zandora. Thank you for this forum. Please I am planning to sit for IELTS General test next month and would appreciate if you can help me with websites or resources that will be of help. I want to use for Skilled Immigration too. Let me start from there first. Thank you!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by jelmusboy(m): 11:07pm On Apr 26, 2017
URGENT PLS

I want to choose Medical Laboratory Technologist on the NOC without evaluating my BSc because of Nigeria delay factor. I intend to evaluate my UK MSc which is not related to the NOC. However, I have work experience as a Medical Laboratory Technologist.

Should I go on with the MSc evaluation or do both for me to be able to nominate the NOC?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by biggie1o2(m): 11:25pm On Apr 26, 2017
perks:

In response to ur questions

1. Getting a police report in Nigeria from d US is not a big deal. Someone can do it for u in alagbon. For medical, there are designated hospitals in the US(check CIC site). For reference letter, u can collect before leaving Nigeria.

2. Ur second question goes to the root of ur eligibility to apply under EE program. If ur skill level is C, then u can't use d EE program cos it's NOC skill level 0,A&B dat r eligible. Additionally, u can't use Supervisor if u weren't actually one. Be careful of misrepresentation. I ve stated d penalty here before. Rejection plus 5year Ban.

Thanks for the clarifying
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by perks: 11:48pm On Apr 26, 2017
jelmusboy:
URGENT PLS

I want to choose Medical Laboratory Technologist on the NOC without evaluating my BSc because of Nigeria delay factor. I intend to evaluate my UK MSc which is not related to the NOC. However, I have work experience as a Medical Laboratory Technologist.

Should I go on with the MSc evaluation or do both for me to be able to nominate the NOC?

Ur degree must not be in direct alignment with ur chosen NOC. So evaluate ur MSc. And chose d NOC for medical laboratory technologist which is where ur experience lies.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Osemigho: 5:09am On Apr 27, 2017
For those that have successfully claimed two or more certs, please what was written under equivalence summary?
I noticed on other forums, although Wes and Iqas may show the degree qualifications and it's equivalence in canada, they just put the highest qualification under the summary. Can one use it like that or would need the summary to show the two certs together?
Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by WolverineLives: 6:42am On Apr 27, 2017
tollu:

That's for the transcript request. If you're using fax, just fax them your certificate.

Thanks for your response bro, I have just paid WES fees and got a reference number. I cannot find a reference to the faxing option on their page to fax in my certificate. Could you please point me to where I can find it, including their fax number. Do I have to contact them before faxing.

BTW I also have original transcripts which I requested sometime ago but didn't use, its still sealed up in the envelop.

Kindly advice me.
Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by emi23: 7:28am On Apr 27, 2017
Good morning everyone. I just wanted to get some information clarifications as regards updating spousal record after e-APR has been submitted.

My Fiancé got ITA in January and submitted last month. However, we just did our court wedding last week. We want to inform CIC of this change in marital status so I would love to know what to expect.

· What do we say when completing the “Case Specific Enquiry Form”?
· Do I need to do a change of name (Newspaper publication, Affidavit etc?) and Will I have to change the name on my International passport?
· What information do I have to upload when completing the Case Specific Enquiry Form?

If anyone can be kind enough to assist in pointing me in the right direction, I will be very grateful.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Beem4cupid: 7:53am On Apr 27, 2017
Read emiye and esosa4real posts.
emi23:

Good morning everyone. I just wanted to get some information clarifications as regards updating spousal record after e-APR has been submitted.

My Fiancé got ITA in January and submitted last month. However, we just did our court wedding last week. We want to inform CIC of this change in marital status so I would love to know what to expect.

· Do I need to do a change of name (Newspaper publication, Affidavit etc?) and Will I have to change the name on my International passport?
· What information do I have to upload when completing the Case Specific Enquiry Form?

If anyone can be kind enough to assist in pointing me in the right direction, I will be very grateful.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by revlane: 7:56am On Apr 27, 2017
emi23:

You don't need a new passport as long as your passport is still valid.

1. You need your marriage certificate and maybe pictures too.
2. You will need to do Medicals and PCC
3. You will need an updated POF. See POF for family of two.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 8:04am On Apr 27, 2017
miella:

There is a thread for IELTS...'preparing for IELTS' you can download the materials there.
You can also download it from this page https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/101
Thanks a lot ma'am

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Babachi: 8:54am On Apr 27, 2017
revlane:
Hi, has anyone used the GT bank Dollar Master Card to pay for eApR or RPRF? I want to know if CIC accepts it before applying for the card.
Thanks
I believe it's possible. Not too sure though

Slowlybtsurely have you gotten any update. Logged into my account to see "you passed medicals". No message was sent to this regard
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 9:16am On Apr 27, 2017
Babachi:

Slowlybtsurely have you gotten any update. Logged into my account to see "you passed medicals". No message was sent to this regard

Cool smiley

Baba, how long did it take for you to move from AOR to "medicals passed"?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by SlowlybtSurely: 9:20am On Apr 27, 2017
Babachi:

Passed medicals about 49 days after AOR. Got Schedule A request yesterday for spouse's personal history.

Will upload tomorrow, so I hopefully get an update for background check.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by deeore: 9:28am On Apr 27, 2017
I would just advise you tell the truth, come as plain as possible and use your loe to explain your circumstance. that's my own opinion.

Ladobet:
Pls advise me:
Before I got married, I had an international passport that I used to travel once to india. Later I was denied U.K. Visa on this same passport. Then I got married and did change of name to husbands last name. I also got a new passport that bears my new married name. My old passport was never returned to me (the immigration officer later said it was lost) after I used it to apply for new one with a new name. Now in our eAPR, should we choose yes to "have you been denied visa to any country "? I'm confused because I don't even have the old passport (in my pre-marriage name) anymore. I know if I put yes, I might be required to upload the old passport and the only travel history (india trip) in it. Please let me know what you think. Note that I have traveled a lot on my new passport and been never been denied visa.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by keni: 9:31am On Apr 27, 2017
miella:

There is a thread for IELTS...'preparing for IELTS' you can download the materials there.
You can also download it from this page https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/101

Thanks miella, but it seems the links in that page is down
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 9:37am On Apr 27, 2017
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by MummyJaygirls: 10:29am On Apr 27, 2017
Good day, please my hubby wants to request for letters from his previous work of employment,

1. What is the letter called?

2. Who should it be addressed to?

3. Should it contain job descriptions?

I'm sorry for the questions, I can't seem to locate posts on the letter, please help me out. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Babachi: 10:41am On Apr 27, 2017
40manlappy:

Cool smiley

Baba, how long did it take for you to move from AOR to "medicals passed"?
Can't say exactly since I didn't get a message for it. Noticed it yesterday which was 53rd day. Maybe came it came this week

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by keni: 10:56am On Apr 27, 2017
miella:

It is not down. Maybe you should use a system or update your adobe app.

Its possible just tried opening my own googledrive account on my PC and its not coming up at all
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 11:50am On Apr 27, 2017
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 11:56am On Apr 27, 2017

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by MummyJaygirls: 12:32pm On Apr 27, 2017
miella:

A sample of the reference letter is on this page (the last post on the page) www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/130

Thanks miella

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 12:45pm On Apr 27, 2017
tollu:

If you're using WES, I strongly suggest you fax them your certificate, wait for them to let you know it has been sent to osu, visit osu and then have them respond to the email. That's all, you don't even need your transcript.
My husband did his that way and his verification is complete.

Till this moment, the transcript has not been sent. We just wasted 50k on that crappy school.

If you're using IQAS though, you need the transcript. Sorry, I don't have a contact.

Hello ma'am, I'm in the process of requesting for my transcript at OOU. Could you please explain how I can request that WES should mail my school after faxing my Certificate to them? Can I send you a PM as well please?

Thanks in advance
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Dewys1: 12:59pm On Apr 27, 2017
Hello House, I have decided to do my certificate evaluation with IQAS with the 'stunts' WES is performing lately. I want to evaluate an MSc, do i have to include my bachelors degree and transcripts....I need urgent answers pls

I will also like to know anyone who has evaluated successfully with IQAS lately, we can have private conversations

Regards,
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by tollu: 1:15pm On Apr 27, 2017
ajalajnr:

Hello ma'am, I'm in the process of requesting for my transcript at OOU. Could you please explain how I can request that WES should mail my school after faxing my Certificate to them? Can I send you a PM as well please?

Thanks in advance

You don't need to make that request. You just fax them your certificate. Can't remember the number now but just Google WES fax or something, it should be on their website too. If I find it, I'll update. Sorry, no pm
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by tollu: 1:19pm On Apr 27, 2017
WolverineLives:

Thanks for your response bro, I have just paid WES fees and got a reference number. I cannot find a reference to the faxing option on their page to fax in my certificate. Could you please point me to where I can find it, including their fax number. Do I have to contact them before faxing.

BTW I also have original transcripts which I requested sometime ago but didn't use, its still sealed up in the envelop.

Kindly advice me.
Thanks

Sending your certificate is part of their requirements. Faxing rather than courier is just an easier way. If you want to mail them your transcript though, you can as well include your certificate in the package I guess.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by MummyJaygirls: 1:25pm On Apr 27, 2017
Dewys1:
Hello House, I have decided to do my certificate evaluation with IQAS with the 'stunts' WES is performing lately. I want to evaluate an MSc, do i have to include my bachelors degree and transcripts....I need urgent answers pls

I will also like to know anyone who has evaluated successfully with IQAS lately, we can have private conversations

Regards,

If you are evaluating only your msc, send docs that concern only ur msc.

I used Iqas, u can ask ur questions on here so others can benefit too.

Cheers!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (411) (412) (413) (414) (415) (416) (417) ... (821)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.