Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,563 members, 7,820,035 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:48 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (46) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2609050 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by beyunce(f): 1:09am On Jan 07, 2016
shodexy:
Pls who knows when this express entry program will end?

No one knows the day or hour when this will happen.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Sakaz: 4:50am On Jan 07, 2016
Pls house, who have contact that I can use in Manitoba for my SINP!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Bigzghe: 7:39am On Jan 07, 2016
@zandora and Jesusdway, Thank you for your huge support. However I'd like to ask how long the required funds need to be sitting in my account. my balance has averaged #1.95m since November but I have an urgent need to pull out #500k. my crs manually worked out to be about 450 and that's why I've been stalling on my application. if I pull out the #500k I'd be left with #1.45m in my account but i am very sure that I can get the balance back to over #2m by the end of next month. so how long do you think I should wait before I apply. I don't want to apply now and stand the risk of not having the required funds.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Garykasparov: 11:40am On Jan 07, 2016
Bigzghe:
@zandora and Jesusdway, Thank you for your huge support. However I'd like to ask how long the required funds need to be sitting in my account. my balance has averaged #1.95m since November but I have an urgent need to pull out #500k. my crs manually worked out to be about 450 and that's why I've been stalling on my application. if I pull out the #500k I'd be left with #1.45m in my account but i am very sure that I can get the balance back to over #2m by the end of next month. so how long do you think I should wait before I apply. I don't want to apply now and stand the risk of not having the required funds.

Hello Bigzghe,
If i understand your case properly, you are not yet in the pool because you are avoiding a situation where you enter the pool, get an ITA while you have insufficient bal of PoF, this is a good initiative to play safe, esp. when its difficult to prove your fund which is a common reason for rejection. That being said, You are likely to be invited quite soon with your score, assuming it is correct, if you enter the pool, so it is advised you get your funds ready.

To your question, your fund needs to sit for 6months because an average bal of your required PoF will be requested upon applying.

Lastly, By the end of next month when you say the fund will be complete, since you are playing safe, you can enter the pool as early as the 4th month afterwards and hope to be invited at that time, for, you have 2months grace to honour the invite, so by the time you submit, 6 months statement is ready.

Note though, you can enter the pool now, and decline an ITA if get one and not ready, its not a bad thing and no severe consequences as well.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Garykasparov: 12:07pm On Jan 07, 2016
skilfulsagei:
Hello guys, i need to thank Zandora and others for the wonderful work you are doing here. May God bless you all.
please , i need your pieces of advice. I'm a COREN registered Electrical Engineer and an assistant chief engineer(level 13) with one of Federal Government Agencies. I'm also a Chartered Accountant. i have been practising the two pari passu for years.i want to process the permanent residence to Canada. These are my questions;
1.can i put the two professions in my application? like assessing the two thru WES
2. My first degree is in electrical engineering. can i use only my ACA for the processing? i have Audit firm that can give me the employment letter
3.Which of the two professions do i have more chance?

Thanks and God bless

Hello Chartered Engineer,
Your COREN is a certification which is not assessed towards applying for this program. Secondly, the Express Entry is a skill program, so profession really does not count. What is important is what you have been doing on your job and relate that to a NOC with the same job responsibilities.

The Good news however, is that you will assess your first degree and ACA with WES, but your work experience will be that of an assistance chief engineer, i assume as a level 13 officer, you must have spent more than 3 years in that field.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Refreshagain: 12:16pm On Jan 07, 2016
Good afternoon,

@JesusDWay, Zandora, Irondome, well done with the great job you're doing on this thread. I'd like to clarify the steps for the WES evaluation. Do I need to ask my Uni to send both certificate and transcript or is it only the transcript that my Uni needs to send for evaluation?

Also, is Education credential assessment the that costs 200cdn the correct one to apply for?

Many thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Garykasparov: 12:42pm On Jan 07, 2016
Refreshagain:
Good afternoon,

@JesusDWay, Zandora, Irondome, well done with the great job you're doing on this thread. I'd like to clarify the steps for the WES evaluation. Do I need to ask my Uni to send both certificate and transcript or is it only the transcript that my Uni needs to send for evaluation?

Also, is Education credential assessment the that costs 200cdn the correct one to apply for?

Many thanks.

Hello Refreshagain,

Go to their website, and ensure its WES canada, it is user-friendly.
1. Open an account
2. fill your details
3. Make payment (yes, around $203)
4. Get a unique number
5. download the transcript request form and fill your part.
6. Send photocopy of your certificate by post with your unique number on the envelop
7.Request your university to send your transcript to WES with the downloaded transcript request form in it.
8. Monitor progress on their site with your account details.

Regards

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Refreshagain: 12:52pm On Jan 07, 2016
@Garykasparov, thanks alot for your help.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 12:57pm On Jan 07, 2016
Garykasparov:

Hello Chartered Engineer,
Your COREN is a certification which is not assessed towards applying for this program. Secondly, the Express Entry is a skill program, so profession really does not count. What is important is what you have been doing on your job and relate that to a NOC with the same job responsibilities.

The Good news however, is that you will assess your first degree and ACA with WES, but your work experience will be that of an assistance chief engineer, i assume as a level 13 officer, you must have spent more than 3 years in that field.

Forget about the ACA because WES does not assess professional qualifications. They only assess formal academic training like your secondary and university education.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Garykasparov: 1:05pm On Jan 07, 2016
shodexy:

Forget about the ACA because WES does not assess professional qualifications. They only assess formal academic training like your secondary and university education.

Egbon Shodexy,

WES assess ACCA and ICAN as canadian 3years bachelor degree, i can catergorically say that they have assessed my ACCA. if you want the evidence, you can come and collect it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ramsol00: 1:17pm On Jan 07, 2016
hello @Garykasparov and other people in the house,

If I get your statement in one of your replies to members questions well, you mean if for example your required POF is N2m, that N2m must have been in your account since six months ago before ITA? I think this only applies to some PNPs and not to the EE pool. Please clarify if otherwise.

Regards
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Garykasparov: 1:33pm On Jan 07, 2016
ramsol00:
hello @Garykasparov and other people in the house,

If I get your statement in one of your replies to members questions well, you mean if for example your required POF is N2m, that N2m must have been in your account since six months ago before ITA? I think this only applies to some PNPs and not to the EE pool. Please clarify if otherwise.

Regards

Hello Ramsol00,
Please dont get me wrong, that response is a specific reply to his question. Generally, upon receiving an ITA, amongst other document you have to tender a 6months average balance of the required fund in your account. The required fund does not need to be in your account for 6months. However, if you have a huge inflow during this period, you may be asked to prove it.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ramsol00: 1:36pm On Jan 07, 2016
Hi all
I found the information below on CIC website:

[b]C. Coding an occupation with only the title

Occasionally, the only information you will have in order to assign an NOC code is the title of an occupation. In this case, when there is no way of obtaining additional information, use the NOC Web site “Search the NOC” function to search for the occupational title or for the closest approximation, and use the corresponding NOC code. Be sure to look at possible inversions as well.

When titles do not appear on the Web site, assign an NOC code that reflects as closely as possible the essence of the work. For example, for the title forensic scientist or its inversion scientist, forensic, we would assign a 2 (Natural and applied sciences) for the first digit given that scientist forms part of the occupation title. Secondly, we can assign digit 0 or 1 as the second digit of the code because scientists are classified in Skill Level A of the NOC. There is no major group 20, therefore major group 21 is correct. Thirdly, we narrow our search by looking at the minor groups for Major group 21. We have several options, however, there are two that relate much more to the occupation that we are trying to code: 211 - Physical science professionals and 212 - Life science professionals. At this point, you must exercise your own judgment as to which minor group and unit group you choose.

Remember that the NOC is only as good as the person using it. Guessing should be avoided unless it is absolutely necessary.[/b]

In my own opinion, can we say that this information allow us to code job based on the title only in situations where the job discriptions are not sufficient to capture one's job?

I will also like people with more information to contribute.

Regards.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 1:49pm On Jan 07, 2016
Garykasparov:

Egbon Shodexy,

WES assess ACCA and ICAN as canadian 3years bachelor degree, i can catergorically say that they have assessed my ACCA. if you want the evidence, you can come and have it.

This is quite a surprise to me cos their website says they do not assess those kind of qualifications.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by deesmom(f): 7:58pm On Jan 07, 2016
Good people, Good evening , hope you all had a pleasant day . I need advise fromeveryone o.
I finally received Notification of Interest from Ontario through my CIC. I am seriously considering accepting as my CRS is 433 and that is after assessing Husby's BSC . Should I pursue the Ontario PNP .
I also want to know how the POF works . I have bits and pieces of the total sum in my children's and husband account . If I move all to my account now before printing the statement of account and have same sit in the account throughout the assessment period , would it be a red flag ?
Gurus , please save a sister ...

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by SlowlybtSurely: 9:31pm On Jan 07, 2016
@deesmom, sorry I don't have an answer to your question. I need your help. I can see you had high scores in your IELTS. Please which material did you use and any valuable tips, especially in the writing?

Mine is scheduled for next month and I'm so confused.I really need high bands and I don't even know where to start. embarassed
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by deesmom(f): 11:33pm On Jan 07, 2016
Slowlybtsurely zandora can give u better tips o. Her scores were great. I used Barrons and IELTS buddy.
My writing messed me up cos I am not a very good writer. Goodluck
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Garykasparov: 11:48pm On Jan 07, 2016
SlowlybtSurely:
@deesmom, sorry I don't have an answer to your question. I need your help. I can see you had high scores in your IELTS. Please which material did you use and any valuable tips, especially in the writing?

Mine is scheduled for next month and I'm so confused.I really need high bands and I don't even know where to start. embarassed

Everything you need from start to finish for ielts writing and listening is in www.ieltsbuddy.com

The site is fantastic and in terms of practice material, it is sublime.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Garykasparov: 12:13am On Jan 08, 2016
deesmom:
Good people, Good evening , hope you all had a pleasant day . I need advise fromeveryone o.
I finally received Notification of Interest from Ontario through my CIC. I am seriously considering accepting as my CRS is 433 and that is after assessing Husby's BSC . Should I pursue the Ontario PNP .
I also want to know how the POF works . I have bits and pieces of the total sum in my children's and husband account . If I move all to my account now before printing the statement of account and have same sit in the account throughout the assessment period , would it be a red flag ?
Gurus , please save a sister ...

Hello Deesmom.
Congratulations on your Ontario nomination.
It is easy to tell you to accept the nomination; however, i belong to the school of thought to "think of the end before you begin". you have alot to consider before accepting that nomination. There is a $1500 non-refundable fee, do you have ties/affiliation in ontario? To top all these, your PoF is yet to meet the requirement. Is the process not "dead on arrival"?

if you are yet to exhaust the chances to increase your score, i beg you to wait. but if you have no other option:
1. Decline this nomination.
2. Prepare your funds, when it meets their requirement;
3. Delete your existing profile
4. Re-enter the pool

you will get a nomination almost immediately, then accept.

Caveat though, this is what is obtainable at the moment. Any changes can occur anytime
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by WoodcrestMayor(m): 7:00am On Jan 08, 2016
This raised my spirit.Tank u smiley
irondome:

Have some faith mate; CIC would most likely try to clear their old fsw backlogs before March. I opine you would get your PPR before then. To address your direct question, PNPs are usually not the quickest route because you could spend between 2-8 months getting province nomination and another 1-6 months for the actual visa processing.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by WoodcrestMayor(m): 7:14am On Jan 08, 2016
grin grin grin
Garykasparov:

Egbon Shodexy,

WES assess ACCA and ICAN as canadian 3years bachelor degree, i can catergorically say that they have assessed my ACCA. if you want the evidence, you can come and collect it.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 7:46am On Jan 08, 2016
amarise:
hello please I submitted mycic profile but was surprised to receive a message that am ineligible, please what next cos I want to apply for SINP EE? thanks

I think i have discovered the reason. Its probably because you have not yet done your Educational Credential Assessment.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by khasm(m): 8:29am On Jan 08, 2016
Dear all, I opened another profile and I'm eligible, but the issue I'm havin is,i do not av a job seeker validation code in the message sent to me hence I could not proceed with job bank. Any advice?pls assist. Gurus in d house shocked No nomination, no job offer and im eligible, yet validation code wasn't sent
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by deesmom(f): 8:39am On Jan 08, 2016
Garykasparov:

Hello Deesmom.
Congratulations on your Ontario nomination.
It is easy to tell you to accept the nomination; however, i belong to the school of thought to "think of the end before you begin". you have alot to consider before accepting that nomination. There is a $1500 non-refundable fee, do you have ties/affiliation in ontario? To top all these, your PoF is yet to meet the requirement. Is the process not "dead on arrival"?

if you are yet to exhaust the chances to increase your score, i beg you to wait. but if you have no other option:
1. Decline this nomination.
2. Prepare your funds, when it meets their requirement;
3. Delete your existing profile
4. Re-enter the pool

you will get a nomination almost immediately, then accept.

Caveat though, this is what is obtainable at the moment. Any changes can occur anytime

Thanks you very much Garykasparov. Yes for now I have exhaust all mens of increasing my CRS . Maybe if i retake IELTS sha , but i need to know how much extra retaking IELTS would go in increasing my CS . What I have now is L8.5 R7.5 W7 S7.5
I am running a masters program but i abandoned it for like 2 years now, I would need about a year to cmoplete it , if i take that one year my points would reduce because of my age.
Sincerely the matter don dey tire me .
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 8:53am On Jan 08, 2016
khasm:
Dear all, I opened another profile and I'm eligible, but the issue I'm havin is,i do not av a job seeker validation code in the message sent to me hence I could not proceed with job bank. Any advice?pls assist. Gurus in d house shocked No nomination, no job offer and im eligible, yet validation code wasn't sent

Did u do ur educational credential assessment (ECA) before creating the profile again?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by SlowlybtSurely: 9:05am On Jan 08, 2016
deesmom:
Slowlybtsurely zandora can give u better tips o. Her scores were great. I used Barrons and IELTS buddy.
My writing messed me up cos I am not a very good writer. Goodluck

Thanks deesmom. Your scores are actually my goals right now; L8.5 R7.5 W7 S7.5. With those, i will be hitting 460 and above.

I'm on the IELTS buddy now. Great resource.

I'm not a guru ooo, but if you ask me, i will say you should go for the Ontario nomination. Increasing your reading to 8.0 and writing to 7.5 (which are the scores for maximum points), will not make much difference. 5-10 at the most and that will still not take you beyond 450. Going for your masters will reduce the scores for age. Has hubby taken IELTS?

Have you tried exploring other PNPs? Saskatchewan, New Brunswick, PEI etc
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by SlowlybtSurely: 9:06am On Jan 08, 2016
Garykasparov:

Everything you need from start to finish for ielts writing and listening is in www.ieltsbuddy.com
The site is fantastic and in terms of practice material, it is sublime.

Thanks Gary! Right on it now.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Garykasparov: 9:18am On Jan 08, 2016
deesmom:

Thanks you very much Garykasparov. Yes for now I have exhaust all mens of increasing my CRS . Maybe if i retake IELTS sha , but i need to know how much extra retaking IELTS would go in increasing my CS . What I have now is L8.5 R7.5 W7 S7.5
I am running a masters program but i abandoned it for like 2 years now, I would need about a year to cmoplete it , if i take that one year my points would reduce because of my age.
Sincerely the matter don dey tire me .

Dear Deesmom,

Firstly, DO NOT RETAKE THE IELTS.
Secondly, i inquired into your past posts on NL, i see you have a husband, who you have assessed his Bsc. However, has he written ielts? if yes, i will appreciate if you post his result here, if not, he will have to sit the ielts as soon as possible and guide him to score as well as you did, i believe you can mentor him on this, even though it seems to be the most daunting task besides teaching your partner how to drive.

Lets consider this option for now, while you revert.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by oamronnie(f): 3:16pm On Jan 08, 2016
You can enrol for the IELTS preparation course at https://www.edx.org/course/ielts-academic-test-preparation-uqx-ieltsx
You will be glad you did!
SlowlybtSurely:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by khasm(m): 9:57pm On Jan 08, 2016
shodexy:

ECA has been done bfor creating a new profile. So confusing.....mayb I delete and create another

Did u do ur educational credential assessment (ECA) before creating the profile again?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by TruePearl(f): 10:33pm On Jan 08, 2016
Bigzghe:

Actually, the funds DO NOT have to be in your account for 6 months, as the CIC has not stated this anywhere smiley. The CIC however asks for a letter from your bank stating the monthly balance for the past 6 months, as it will help them to determine if the money suddenly appeared in your account just before you applied (thus suggesting that you borrowed the funds), or if the funds appear to be genuinely yours.

Regardless of how long (or short) the funds have been in your account, what matters is that you are able to prove the source of the funds, that the funds are yours and not borrowed. Of course, the longer the funds are in your account for, the more legit it looks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Bigzghe: 11:33pm On Jan 08, 2016
Thank you Zandora and TruePearl for the response. God bless you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) ... (821)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.