Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,639 members, 7,820,240 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:01 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (47) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2609182 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by irondome: 11:59pm On Jan 08, 2016
deesmom:

Thanks you very much Garykasparov. Yes for now I have exhaust all mens of increasing my CRS . Maybe if i retake IELTS sha , but i need to know how much extra retaking IELTS would go in increasing my CS . What I have now is L8.5 R7.5 W7 S7.5
I am running a masters program but i abandoned it for like 2 years now, I would need about a year to cmoplete it , if i take that one year my points would reduce because of my age.
Sincerely the matter don dey tire me .

Don't decline your Ontario invitation. It's not so difficult for someone living outside Canada to prove his/her tie to Ontario. With a good letter of intent detailing how your and your family would settle well in Ontario, job availability in your chosen occupation, relatives, friends, etc.

On the POF thing, worst case scenario, you can get your husband transfer the funds to your account and do a "gift deed" that the money transferred is indeed a gift and not be returned. I know a couple of Indian applicants who have been able to do this successfully with Ontario. Find out more about "gift deed" and make your decision.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by irondome: 12:07am On Jan 09, 2016
khasm:
Dear all, I opened another profile and I'm eligible, but the issue I'm havin is,i do not av a job seeker validation code in the message sent to me hence I could not proceed with job bank. Any advice?pls assist. Gurus in d house shocked No nomination, no job offer and im eligible, yet validation code wasn't sent
Read through Jesustheway's previous post on this. He said something about getting the code from the PDF file you can download from your EE profile.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by irondome: 12:17am On Jan 09, 2016
skilfulsagei:
Hello guys, i need to thank Zandora and others for the wonderful work you are doing here. May God bless you all.
please , i need your pieces of advice. I'm a COREN registered Electrical Engineer and an assistant chief engineer(level 13) with one of Federal Government Agencies. I'm also a Chartered Accountant. i have been practising the two pari passu for years.i want to process the permanent residence to Canada. These are my questions;
1.can i put the two professions in my application? like assessing the two thru WES
2. My first degree is in electrical engineering. can i use only my ACA for the processing? i have Audit firm that can give me the employment letter
3.Which of the two professions do i have more chance?

Thanks and God bless

Do ECA for both degrees ACCA and B.Eng, that would probably fetch you additional points as 2 or more degrees. As to work experience, your points for foreign experience max out after 3 years. I would suggest you go with the option with readily/easily obtainable support documents (reference letters, etc) and spans just over 3 years.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by irondome: 12:44am On Jan 09, 2016
WoodcrestMayor:
This raised my spirit.Tank u smiley

Some of you guys (old FSW) actually got PPR this week, but I guess they paused again to clear the July/August guys on express entry with processing time already at 6 months. You would probably get the good news before this month end, I pray.

check the thread below
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 5:53am On Jan 09, 2016
Garykasparov:

Hello Refreshagain,

Go to their website, and ensure its WES canada, it is user-friendly.
1. Open an account
2. fill your details
3. Make payment (yes, around $203)
4. Get a unique number
5. download the transcript request form and fill your part.
6. Send photocopy of your certificate by post with your unique number on the envelop
7.[b]Request your university to send your transcript to WES with the downloaded transcript request form in it.
[/b]8. Monitor progress on their site with your account details.

Regards

It is not compulsory to use their own transcript request form to request for transcript from your school especially when your school has their own standard template for transcript application. What matters most is that the transcript must be officially signed and sealed by authorized and approved officials from your school who are usually in the records office.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by edababa007(m): 6:30am On Jan 09, 2016
With a fixed deposit certificate, do i still need to present a 6 months bank statement or explain source of funds? pls advise

Garykasparov:

Hello Bigzghe,
If i understand your case properly, you are not yet in the pool because you are avoiding a situation where you enter the pool, get an ITA while you have insufficient bal of PoF, this is a good initiative to play safe, esp. when its difficult to prove your fund which is a common reason for rejection. That being said, You are likely to be invited quite soon with your score, assuming it is correct, if you enter the pool, so it is advised you get your funds ready.

To your question, your fund needs to sit for 6months because an average bal of your required PoF will be requested upon applying.

Lastly, By the end of next month when you say the fund will be complete, since you are playing safe, you can enter the pool as early as the 4th month afterwards and hope to be invited at that time, for, you have 2months grace to honour the invite, so by the time you submit, 6 months statement is ready.

Note though, you can enter the pool now, and decline an ITA if get one and not ready, its not a bad thing and no severe consequences as well.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by irondome: 8:58am On Jan 09, 2016
edababa007:
With a fixed deposit certificate, do i still need to present a 6 months bank statement or explain source of funds? pls advise

Most people usually avoid using FD because it's locked in over a stipulated period. If I were you , I would encash it, and provide both the FD certificate and my 6 months average statements.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by walexlo78: 1:24pm On Jan 09, 2016
Hi my peeps in the house, help from your rich experience is needed please. I have my qualifications in the order listed: Nd mech, Hnd mech, Pgd comp sci, mba intl biz, msc supply chain. Still a bit tough raking high crs score even with my ielts score L8.5S8R8.5W6.5 .i have evaluated only my mba with wes, am i able to evaluate any other of my qualifications to get additional points? Meanwhile in parallel i applied for eor on the writing at least if the 0.5 can come and also evaluating spouses' degree and preparing for ielts.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Etfash(m): 1:38pm On Jan 09, 2016
walexlo78:
Hi my peeps in the house, help from your rich experience is needed please. I have my qualifications in the order listed: Nd mech, Hnd mech, Pgd comp sci, mba intl biz, msc supply chain. Still a bit tough raking high crs score even with my ielts score L8.5S8R8.5W6.5 .i have evaluated only my mba with wes, am i able to evaluate any other of my qualifications to get additional points? Meanwhile in parallel i applied for eor on the writing at least if the 0.5 can come and also evaluating spouses' degree and preparing for ielts.

Man, you go school o wink
Your highest qualification is Master's. Either MBA or MSc would still have given you the same points (135). I don't think evaluating any other one would give you more points.

Having said the above, enquiring on your Writing module is a good move; even better is your readiness to write another (Not clear if you are the one rewriting or your spouse is writing). Whichever way, it's a step in the right direction.

However, I hope you know that while you wait for the outcome of your EOR, you cannot use your IELTS result? So, I guess, you cannot apply for SINP that opens periodically or any PNP or even Quebec Selection Certificate that opens on the 18th of this month.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 4:16pm On Jan 09, 2016
Hello all,
I have a few questions to ask and I'm sure you'll figure how naive i am at this sad
I'm about to apply for the FSW Under the E.E which means I have started nothing!

I have read previous posts and think I know the steps. So yesterday I registered for IELTS [Though that's another sad story as I applied and paid online with my GTB debit card but the money was deducted in dollars which means I paid an equivalent of N70,200 instead of N52,000]

My questions:
*Since I need to do IELT and WES verification before creating a profile, Won't I need a reference number to give WES so they can put this on my documents when sending to Canada? Or is my name sufficient for them to sort it out over there?
*Does the B.C need to send my IELTS straight to canada as well or all I need to do is enter my scores when creating a profile?
* I have never collected a transcript and I have only my BSC, is it possible for WES to send it to me as well as to E.E?

This are the questions I have for now and I hope you can take out time to respond based on your experience.

Thank you all.

p.s, I already checked on the CIC site to see if I qualify, thankfully I do.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by AyaNiyi: 6:42pm On Jan 09, 2016
irondome:

Some of you guys (old FSW) actually got PPR this week, but I guess they paused again to clear the July/August guys on express entry with processing time already at 6 months. You would probably get the good news before this month end, I pray.

check the thread below

Hello friend,are u also a fsw 2014 applicant? The waiting seems like forever!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Etfash(m): 7:10pm On Jan 09, 2016
bclingerie:
Hello all,
I have a few questions to ask and I'm sure you'll figure how naive i am at this sad
I'm about to apply for the FSW Under the E.E which means I have started nothing!

I have read previous posts and think I know the steps. So yesterday I registered for IELTS [Though that's another sad story as I applied and paid online with my GTB debit card but the money was deducted in dollars which means I paid an equivalent of N70,200 instead of N52,000]

My questions:
*Since I need to do IELT and WES verification before creating a profile, Won't I need a reference number to give WES so they can put this on my documents when sending to Canada? Or is my name sufficient for them to sort it out over there?
*Does the B.C need to send my IELTS straight to canada as well or all I need to do is enter my scores when creating a profile?
* I have never collected a transcript and I have only my BSC, is it possible for WES to send it to me as well as to E.E?

This are the questions I have for now and I hope you can take out time to respond based on your experience.

Thank you all.

1) WES generates a reference number for you once you make payments. This number must be written on all mails you will send or will be sent on your behalf to WES.

2) British Council doesn't need to send your IELTS result to CIC. I think CIC has a way of verifying your test scores using your unique TRF number.

3) WES will neither send you your transcript nor send your credential evaluation report to CIC. They will only send the report to the address you state on your application form (Your mailing address). CIC can verify your claims by themselves.

NB
Your Institution sends your Transcript to WES at your request. ENSURE THAT YOU FURNISH YOUR INSTITUTION WITH YOUR REF. NUMBER AND DIRECT THEM TO INCLUDE IT ON THE MAILS THEY WILL BE SENDING TO WES ON YOUR BEHALF

You just fill in your test scores and WES number in the appropriate spaces when creating your EE profile.

cheers!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by irondome: 7:19pm On Jan 09, 2016
AyaNiyi:

Hello friend,are u also a fsw 2014 applicant? The waiting seems like forever!

No sir, EE applicant. Just hang in there, you are almost there
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by AyaNiyi: 7:22pm On Jan 09, 2016
irondome:

No sir, EE applicant. Just hang in there, you are almost there

How come u know so much! Just curious
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by irondome: 7:26pm On Jan 09, 2016
bclingerie:
Hello all,

My questions:

Thank you all.

You are just need to provide -- the report form number, the date as well as your ILETS score while creating your EE profile

For your ECA assessment, you are required to arrange to have your transcript sent to WES directly from your Alma mata in a sealed envelop. I believe there also a transcript request form that has to be included. The entire steps/process should be well detailed on WES website.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Etfash(m): 7:28pm On Jan 09, 2016
For those interested in QSC. Gather your documents together. You will have 90days to submit all documents once you open an application on the 18th of January, 2016.

Quebec is relatively easier in my opinion... I don't think it takes a life time to learn French. The financial requirement is quite reasonable.

You only need to direct WAEC/NECO and your other institution(s) to send certified copies of your certificates and transcripts to Quebec.

It however takes longer.. Processing time used to be between 21-23 months, but I expect that to reduce significantly this time because: it's now online and the interview aspect has been expunged.

So, if you are interested, complete the online assessment to see if you qualify and gather your documents, scan the ones you already have and save in a unique folder. Also, begin the process of getting your certified documents sent to Quebec.

The link is given below:
www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/informations/mon-projet-quebec/index.html

People who want to register for IELTS, I will advise that you all choose 'offline' payment option. Raise a bank draft of N52,000.00 in the name of BRITISH COUNCIL and send to their office in Lagos or Abuja. Even if you spend N5,000.00 sending it, it will still be more economical for you.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 7:29pm On Jan 09, 2016
I'm so grateful! Thanks for the response. God bless you!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by irondome: 7:35pm On Jan 09, 2016
AyaNiyi:

How come u know so much! Just curious

My oga, we are all still learning here as we collectively go through the process together.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by jugzy: 7:42pm On Jan 09, 2016
Hi guys,

Does one need to show ties to Ontario when submitting the required docs for the provincial nomination? I think someone mentioned this on the thread. I didnt see this requirement on their website though.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by AyaNiyi: 7:50pm On Jan 09, 2016
irondome:

My oga, we are all still learning here as we collectively go through the process together.

OK oooo,all d best then!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Etfash(m): 8:19pm On Jan 09, 2016
jugzy:
Hi guys,

Does one need to show ties to Ontario when submitting the required docs for the provincial nomination? I think someone mentioned this on the thread. I didnt see this requirement on their website though.

It's not a requirement yet!
You just need to be as convincing as possible in your Statement of Intent (you may need to show how well you know Ontario's economy and how high the demand for your skill is and so on) and attach a well researched residency plan.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by lavivaavril(f): 12:26pm On Jan 10, 2016
Hello guys, please I have a question. When I get ITA and get permanent residence status and proceed to travel with my husband to Canada, if I have a baby as a permanent resident, will my husband and I be given citizen status automatically along with the baby?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by SlowlybtSurely: 1:41pm On Jan 10, 2016
lavivaavril:
Hello guys, please I have a question. When I get ITA and get permanent residence status and proceed to travel with my husband to Canada, if I have a baby as a permanent resident, will my husband and I be given citizen status automatically along with the baby?

No. To be a citizen, you must have stayed in Canada for 4 years, with 3 years within the 4 years as a permanent resident.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by WoodcrestMayor(m): 3:59pm On Jan 10, 2016
*Dancing palongo and shoki* grin

Pls what link did u say i shld check?
irondome:

check the thread below

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by irondome: 5:46pm On Jan 10, 2016
WoodcrestMayor:
*Dancing palongo and shoki* grin

Pls what link did u say i shld check?
Oh!! The link is gone, I reckon it was deleted by a MOD.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by WoodcrestMayor(m): 6:56pm On Jan 10, 2016
Can i get it again?

Any oda means convenient..
irondome:

Oh!! The link is gone, I reckon it was deleted by a MOD.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by crazyinlove: 7:09am On Jan 11, 2016
Hi guys,

Please I need advice on how best to get arranged employment in Canada.

I have over 4 years experience in my field but each time I make application to a Canadian company via LinkedIn they keep rejecting my application.

Thanks,
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Edgeoftomorrow(m): 8:22am On Jan 11, 2016
crazyinlove:
Hi guys,

I have over 4 years experience in my field but each time I make application to a Canadian company via LinkedIn they keep rejecting my application.

Thanks,

it is almost impossible to get a job in Canada if you are not in Canada or the US.My advice would be to apply for permanent residence.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by zandora: 8:30am On Jan 11, 2016
SlowlybtSurely:

No. To be a citizen, you must have stayed in Canada for 4 years, with 3 years within the 4 years as a permanent resident.

I beg to differ. This is what CIC states in relation to citizenship, to qualify "You must have been physically present in Canada as a permanent resident for at least 1,460 days during the six years immediately before the date of your application. You must also be physically present for at least 183 days during each of four calendar years that are fully or partially within the six years immediately before the date of application".

Translation - You must have lived in Canada as a PR for at least 4 years out of 6 and in that 4 years must have been in Canada for at least 6 months each year.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by zandora: 9:08am On Jan 11, 2016
crazyinlove:
Hi guys,

Thanks,

The chances of you being hired are almost impossible. Even me that's in Canada I'm getting almost frustrated. So far I've had 3 interviews, each involving various stages. For the first interview (with an insurance company) I got to the final interview stage with the hiring manager, she looked at the name of the bank on my resume and asked if the bank was in Canada, I said no and she was like 'oh I thought your work experience was in Canada' and in my mind I was like is this woman for real, didn't the person who interviewed me before I got to you communicate with you? Anyway, I knew then that I wasn't going to get it then, besides they were only looking for one person out of about 50 ppl that got to the final stage so my chances were pretty much slim in the first place.

For the second interview the company wanted 12 people so I was relieved. When I got to the reception I was asked for my name to confirm my interview slot, then after I told the guy he brought out this A4 foolscap sheet filled with names, my mouth almost opened because I saw about 20+ names for that day. After the interview the lady told be that they were going to interview all week and they started interviewing the previous week so I quickly mentally did the maths and estimated that with the names I saw they should interview almost 200 ppl. Then I knew I wasn't going to get it, what even pained me more was that I suffered to read and pass that their ridiculous online tests.

The third interview was with a US based bank with few corporate offices in Canada. Their HR emailed me first and said she was going to telephone me (from the U.S) for a 30 mins interview. This time I made sure I wasn't going to leave any stone unturned because the role was juicy and the salary was really good. I jacked all the behavioural situational questions I could find, I read about the company, the role every freaking thing you can imagine so I was confident. On the day of the interview the lady called as expected, gave me a brief overview of the company and role and then she said and I quote "now to my first question, what is risk?" In my mind I'm like ehn? what is risk? Is this a joke, like are you kidding me? I wasn't expecting that line of question at all especially since the role didn't have anything to do with risk whatsoever. I felt like crying, I just mumbled whatever could pass for what I thought financial risk might be. At the end she said I'll hear the decision in a few days and that only the top 2 - 3 candidates would move on to the next stage. I asked how many stages they were and she said up to 4 stages. Now I'm still waiting for a decision but I'm not putting my hopes on it.

I have 2 more interviews coming up within this week with 2 major banks. I'm getting frustrated here but I'm not going to give up because I believe that with God and patience by my side I'll land a job soon. Sorry if I was ranting, just wanted to share my experience and relieve a bit of burden from my heart cry.

P:S - When you get here and you're creating your CV, do not include your country. This is because most companies have a preference for Canadian experience over any other country experience. When you get shortlisted and they ask where your experience was from, only then do you tell them.

20 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by bubsykay: 9:29am On Jan 11, 2016
@Zandora Thank you for sharing your experiences with us. Please know that, he that started the good work in you will perfect it and all things will definitely work together for your good. It is too late to even think about giving up or allow ourselves to be frustrated. You will surely land the very best job and every other thing will fall in place. Be Strong dear! We Love you

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by zandora: 9:46am On Jan 11, 2016
bubsykay:
@Zandora Thank you for sharing your experiences with us. Please know that, he that started the good work in you will perfect it and all things will definitely work together for your good. It is too late to even think about giving up or allow ourselves to be frustrated. You will surely land the very best job and every other thing will fall in place. Be Strong dear! We Love you

Thank you very much!

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) ... (821)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 233
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.