Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,129 members, 7,814,946 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:12 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (48) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2603057 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Etfash(m): 10:54am On Jan 11, 2016
@Zandora, it's usually like that. Even when I moved from my village to Lagos, e get as e be; how much more an international move.

You only got there last month or so and you have attended at least 3 job interviews already.. Haba, you will soon have to choose between jobs.

Meanwhile, thank you for sharing your experience with us. I actually restrained myself from asking you about this information last week.
I am fiercely proud of you!

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by deesmom(f): 12:04pm On Jan 11, 2016
Zandora, May you find favour everywhere you visit this week In Jesus Name . Amen

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by jugzy: 12:57pm On Jan 11, 2016
It is well with you Zandora. The Lord that has started the good works in you will be faithful to complete it. Its a teething phase and it will pass as God liveth. You are a source of inspiration to alot of us on this thread ; that we are proud of you is an understatement. Take a deep breath girlfriend, God has got your back.
zandora:

The chances of you being hired are almost impossible. Even me that's in Canada I'm getting almost frustrated. So far I've had 3 interviews, each involving various stages. For the first interview (with an insurance company) I got to the final interview stage with the hiring manager, she looked at the name of the bank on my resume and asked if the bank was in Canada, I said no and she was like 'oh I thought your work experience was in Canada' and in my mind I was like is this woman for real, didn't the person who interviewed me before I got to you communicate with you? Anyway, I knew then that I wasn't going to get it then, besides they were only looking for one person out of about 50 ppl that got to the final stage so my chances were pretty much slim in the first place.

For the second interview the company wanted 12 people so I was relieved. When I got to the reception I was asked for my name to confirm my interview slot, then after I told the guy he brought out this A4 foolscap sheet filled with names, my mouth almost opened because I saw about 20+ names for that day. After the interview the lady told be that they were going to interview all week and they started interviewing the previous week so I quickly mentally did the maths and estimated that with the names I saw they should interview almost 200 ppl. Then I knew I wasn't going to get it, what even pained me more was that I suffered to read and pass that their ridiculous online tests.

The third interview was with a US based bank with few corporate offices in Canada. Their HR emailed me first and said she was going to telephone me (from the U.S) for a 30 mins interview. This time I made sure I wasn't going to leave any stone unturned because the role was juicy and the salary was really good. I jacked all the behavioural situational questions I could find, I read about the company, the role every freaking thing you can imagine so I was confident. On the day of the interview the lady called as expected, gave me a brief overview of the company and role and then she said and I quote "now to my first question, what is risk?" In my mind I'm like ehn? what is risk? Is this a joke, like are you kidding me? I wasn't expecting that line of question at all especially since the role didn't have anything to do with risk whatsoever. I felt like crying, I just mumbled whatever could pass for what I thought financial risk might be. At the end she said I'll hear the decision in a few days and that only the top 2 - 3 candidates would move on to the next stage. I asked how many stages they were and she said up to 4 stages. Now I'm still waiting for a decision but I'm not putting my hopes on it.

I have 2 more interviews coming up within this week with 2 major banks. I'm getting frustrated here but I'm not going to give up because I believe that with God and patience by my side I'll land a job soon. Sorry if I was ranting, just wanted to share my experience and relieve a bit of burden from my heart cry.

P:S - When you get here and you're creating your CV, do not include your country. This is because most companies have a preference for Canadian experience over any other country experience. When you get shortlisted and they ask where your experience was from, only then do you tell them.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by mozo: 4:09pm On Jan 11, 2016
Sup Zandora,

On the flip side, with each interview you are acquiring more experience in such scenarios, it's all just preparing for the one that you will land with no stress at all.. Trust me no experience is wasted..

At least you've already learnt about the resume thingy, and with each interview you are growing in confidence.

No long story jare, forge ahead until you acquire your desire , and don't dwell too long on whats done.. The timing of your job will be perfect..

No forget me when you earn your first salary grin

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by octavius: 4:34pm On Jan 11, 2016
hi Zandora,

we thank God for your bravery and resilience. it will workout for you in good time.

but however, if you don't mind sharing details on how they classify Educational backgrounds against salary/hour pay.

How's the general Pay like? for a basic Nigerian degree holder on the average.

zandora:

The chances of you being hired are almost impossible. Even me that's in Canada I'm getting almost frustrated. So far I've had 3 interviews, each involving various stages. For the first interview (with an insurance company) I got to the final interview stage with the hiring manager, she looked at the name of the bank on my resume and asked if the bank was in Canada, I said no and she was like 'oh I thought your work experience was in Canada' and in my mind I was like is this woman for real, didn't the person who interviewed me before I got to you communicate with you? Anyway, I knew then that I wasn't going to get it then, besides they were only looking for one person out of about 50 ppl that got to the final stage so my chances were pretty much slim in the first place.

For the second interview the company wanted 12 people so I was relieved. When I got to the reception I was asked for my name to confirm my interview slot, then after I told the guy he brought out this A4 foolscap sheet filled with names, my mouth almost opened because I saw about 20+ names for that day. After the interview the lady told be that they were going to interview all week and they started interviewing the previous week so I quickly mentally did the maths and estimated that with the names I saw they should interview almost 200 ppl. Then I knew I wasn't going to get it, what even pained me more was that I suffered to read and pass that their ridiculous online tests.

The third interview was with a US based bank with few corporate offices in Canada. Their HR emailed me first and said she was going to telephone me (from the U.S) for a 30 mins interview. This time I made sure I wasn't going to leave any stone unturned because the role was juicy and the salary was really good. I jacked all the behavioural situational questions I could find, I read about the company, the role every freaking thing you can imagine so I was confident. On the day of the interview the lady called as expected, gave me a brief overview of the company and role and then she said and I quote "now to my first question, what is risk?" In my mind I'm like ehn? what is risk? Is this a joke, like are you kidding me? I wasn't expecting that line of question at all especially since the role didn't have anything to do with risk whatsoever. I felt like crying, I just mumbled whatever could pass for what I thought financial risk might be. At the end she said I'll hear the decision in a few days and that only the top 2 - 3 candidates would move on to the next stage. I asked how many stages they were and she said up to 4 stages. Now I'm still waiting for a decision but I'm not putting my hopes on it.

I have 2 more interviews coming up within this week with 2 major banks. I'm getting frustrated here but I'm not going to give up because I believe that with God and patience by my side I'll land a job soon. Sorry if I was ranting, just wanted to share my experience and relieve a bit of burden from my heart cry.

P:S - When you get here and you're creating your CV, do not include your country. This is because most companies have a preference for Canadian experience over any other country experience. When you get shortlisted and they ask where your experience was from, only then do you tell them.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 4:44pm On Jan 11, 2016
Hello @Zandora Or anyone else who has gone through the process.

About this FSW -EE.......

I have registered for the IELTS and I paid online. I also uploaded my scanned International Passport.
Do I still need to visit their office for anything before the scheduled date of my Test in March?
They never pick up their calls or respond to e-mails it's so annoying, they must be feeling like gods at that British Council office! angry

My second question, I Once lived in the U.K for 2 years [6 years ago- HSMP] Do I need a police report from there too or just use the Nigerian police certificate only.

Thanks in advance
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by britiko: 7:11pm On Jan 11, 2016
zandora:

No. He should state the teller job under personal history and not work history since he's not going to gain any points from it. He should also be careful and ensure that what he put down when he filed for his student app matches what he fills now.

thanks dear.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by irondome: 8:49pm On Jan 11, 2016
WoodcrestMayor:
Can i get it again?

Any oda means convenient..

Would send a pmail shortly

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by irondome: 9:08pm On Jan 11, 2016
zandora:

Thank you very much!

Good to see you hurstling already. May God bless your hurstle.

Fast one, which courier service did you use to mail your international passport to the Canadian consulate for your COPR and did you enclose a return envelop in the original parcel. I discussed with someone in one of the top 2 courier services in Nigeria, the dude stated that his company does not permit the enclosure of a return envelop in the outgoing/to parcel.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by zandora: 9:39pm On Jan 11, 2016
irondome:

Good to see you hurstling already. May God bless your hurstle.

Fast one, which courier service did you use to mail your international passport to the Canadian consulate for your COPR and did you enclose a return envelop in the original parcel. I discussed with someone in one of the top 2 courier services in Nigeria, the dude stated that his company does not permit the enclosure of a return envelop in the outgoing/to parcel.

I used VFS Global and no they don't require self addressed envelopes, you pay for the courier charge and they'll return it to you after your visa has been stamped.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by zandora: 9:40pm On Jan 11, 2016
Thank you all for the encouraging message, I'll continue to persevere smiley

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by zandora: 9:44pm On Jan 11, 2016
bclingerie:
Hello @Zandora Or anyone else who has gone through the process.

About this FSW -EE.......

I have registered for the IELTS and I paid online. I also uploaded my scanned International Passport.
Do I still need to visit their office for anything before the scheduled date of my Test in March?
They never pick up their calls or respond to e-mails it's so annoying, they must be feeling like gods at that British Council office! angry

My second question, I Once lived in the U.K for 2 years [6 years ago- HSMP] Do I need a police report from there too or just use the Nigerian police certificate only.

Thanks in advance

No you don't needn't do anything again for your ielts just prepare for your exams as long as you received a confirmation email from them. Yes of course you need a police certificate from the UK since you lived there for at least 6 months.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by irondome: 9:49pm On Jan 11, 2016
zandora:

I used VFS Global and no they don't require self addressed envelopes, you pay for the courier charge and they'll return it to you after your visa has been stamped.

Thanks

Can I use the vfs in lagos for VOs other than AVO. In other words, can the vfs mail your passport to NDVO in India for visa stamping.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by zandora: 10:22pm On Jan 11, 2016
irondome:

Thanks

Can I use the vfs in lagos for VOs other than AVO. In other words, can the vfs mail your passport to NDVO in India for visa stamping.

No you can't. In addition, in some countries it's illegal post your passport outside one's country of residence. I know India doesn't allow this.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by zandora: 10:25pm On Jan 11, 2016
octavius:
hi Zandora,

we thank God for your bravery and resilience. it will workout for you in good time.

but however, if you don't mind sharing details on how they classify Educational backgrounds against salary/hour pay.

How's the general Pay like? for a basic Nigerian degree holder on the average.

The pay is alright, temporary jobs pay less than permanent jobs though. A good job is one where you'll be asked to have a minimum of a Bachelor's.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by irondome: 10:44pm On Jan 11, 2016
zandora:

No you can't. In addition, in some countries it's illegal post your passport outside one's country of residence. I know India doesn't allow this.

So vfs Lagos only sends to AVO. That sucks, would probably give them a call tomorrow as well.

Thanks so much
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by deesmom(f): 6:36am On Jan 12, 2016
Good morning everyone and many thanks for the response to my early enquiry. We finally decided to give the oopnp a shot.
Who has an idea of how I can raise the bank draft for the 1500 dollars?
Have a great day you all and wish me luck.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Doggys: 7:04am On Jan 12, 2016
Dear house. I applied for ECA through wes for my wife dec,31,2015 and sent a scanned copy of her certificate to her sis in canada and sje has sent it to wes,but the application status is still showing awaiting required documents,though she's yet to send the transcript from her school, olabisi onobanjo university. What do we do? As we need the report to apply for alberta pnp opening jan 26th. I want to ask if any one has applied for this "letter of no objection " as i applied from Association of professional engineers and geoscientist in alberta but i did not get a mail from them that they have seen my application or something. Someone in the house told me it takes about a week for the letter to be sent. Please help. Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by WoodcrestMayor(m): 7:15am On Jan 12, 2016
Aii sir

Will expect it...
irondome:

Would send a pmail shortly
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Jetspeed: 10:12am On Jan 12, 2016
Goodmorning All, Just want to find out if anyone in the house has evaluated his/her MBA from Lead City university Ibadan with WES
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Doggys: 12:08pm On Jan 12, 2016
Ok. I just checked the status of my wife's ECA it states documents received - review in progress
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by irondome: 1:56pm On Jan 12, 2016
WoodcrestMayor:
Aii sir

Will expect it...

Sent u an anonymous mail, I guess u might need to reply the mail before am able to send a regular mail to u.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by tola73(m): 4:40pm On Jan 12, 2016
Doggys:
Dear house. I applied for ECA through wes for my wife dec,31,2015 and sent a scanned copy of her certificate to her sis in canada and sje has sent it to wes,but the application status is still showing awaiting required documents,though she's yet to send the transcript from her school, olabisi onobanjo university. What do we do? As we need the report to apply for alberta pnp opening jan 26th. I want to ask if any one has applied for this "letter of no objection " as i applied from Association of professional engineers and geoscientist in alberta but i did not get a mail from them that they have seen my application or something. Someone in the house told me it takes about a week for the letter to be sent. Please help. Thanks.
she need to send her transcript to WES not only certificate
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Jetspeed: 5:50pm On Jan 12, 2016
Good day All, Just want to find out if anyone in the house has successfully evaluated his/her MBA from Lead City university Ibadan with WES[/quote]
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by WoodcrestMayor(m): 6:58pm On Jan 12, 2016
Replied
irondome:

Sent u an anonymous mail, I guess u might need to reply the mail before am able to send a regular mail to u.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by whitneyhazel: 8:17pm On Jan 12, 2016
JesusDWay:

I observed that recently, it appears jobbank connection to EE account to make one's profile open takes time(sometimes more than 24hours), so I suggest you wait a bit. If it doesn't change after 2days, you can create a new jobbank account that will be linked to it.

Make pension a support or addition and not main account. It appears they accept it from some people but reject it from others so, better to play safe

Thanks so much, I have been sweating profusely since last night cos I Updated my job bank acct with my new EE profile nos nd seeker code...but still it's still showing "pending" on my newly created profile(d old one expired on 11th jan.). I guess I will wait for a day or 2 and hopefully it will change to "opened" smiley
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 8:56pm On Jan 12, 2016
My ancestors
Happy new year
Pls how do I know if WES has received my package
What will the status read?
I just tracked my package with TNT and it was delivered in good condition but then on the WES website It says "waiting for verification from institution"
Pls my ancestors I don't understand.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by mozo: 9:24pm On Jan 12, 2016
Kirri:
My ancestors
Happy new year
Pls how do I know if WES has received my package
What will the status read?
I just tracked my package with TNT and it was delivered in good condition but then on the WES website It says "waiting for verification from institution"
Pls my ancestors I don't understand.

Give it 24hrs, max 48hrs for status change
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 7:08am On Jan 13, 2016
My transcript left Nigeria NOV 27 and arrived in Canada NOV 30, its 2months already and status hasn't changed.....I'm confused
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by SlowlybtSurely: 11:20am On Jan 13, 2016
zandora:
Thank you all for the encouraging message, I'll continue to persevere smiley

Aaawwww, Zandora, you will be fine. These are teething problems and i would have been shocked if you didn't have them. They can only endure for a night. Joy comes in the morning.

Thanks for updating us and please keep at it. It gives one a realistic expectation upon landing.

Goodluck sis.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by SlowlybtSurely: 11:21am On Jan 13, 2016
Kirri:
My transcript left Nigeria NOV 27 and arrived in Canada NOV 30, its 2months already and status hasn't changed.....I'm confused

Has your school sent your verification confirmation?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by peaceful22: 12:06pm On Jan 13, 2016
SlowlybtSurely:

Has your school sent your verification confirmation?

please @slowlybtsurely I sent u PM kindly response pls.
thank you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) ... (821)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.