Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,201 members, 7,815,189 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:45 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (52) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2603354 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Ekicedar: 11:59am On Jan 17, 2016
Pls house anyone that has created an account with the ongoing Quebec tingy shld please quide me as I can see where to login but no place to create.

Thank You.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Etfash(m): 12:23pm On Jan 17, 2016
irondome:

Can't he run both simultaneously? Commence his ECA while prepping for IELTS test. That way, he wouldn't have to wait to assess his degree once he scales his IELTS hurdle.

It all depends on his determination. If he's not very determined to immigrate, a little delay in acing the exam might just discourage him from going further in the EE process. He may even choose another route of entry etc. But, if he's very determined, any slight delay wouldn't matter and he can go ahead and register for IELTS and evaluate his credentials simultaneously.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by kokobi99: 1:55pm On Jan 17, 2016
irondome:

No, provincial nomination isn't compulsory if you polled a good CRS score, anything north of 450. How high you score depends on your --Age, IELTS score, Level of education. Your 3 years of work experience already gives you the max point under work experience criteria.

However, if your CRS score is low, you would have to depend on province nomination in order to land an ITA.

Use the tool below to estimate your CRS score. Be realistic with your English ability if you have not yet written your IELTS test

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp

Thanks so much

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by kokobi99: 2:03pm On Jan 17, 2016
I score 357, which means i need provincial nomination, please province is better at the moment.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by hartson(m): 2:38pm On Jan 17, 2016
The Saschewatan NP look a bit more flexible than the rest but it usually fill up within seconds of opening.I recommend you check manitoba and new foundland.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by hartson(m): 3:05pm On Jan 17, 2016
kokobi99:
I score 357, which means i need provincial nomination, please province is better at the moment.

Make a painstaking research yourself.Apart from Saschewan others have hurdles to jump.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by hartson(m): 3:55pm On Jan 17, 2016
Etfash:

It all depends on his determination. If he's not very determined to immigrate, a little delay in acing the exam might just discourage him from going further in the EE process. He may even choose another route of entry etc. But, if he's very determined, any slight delay wouldn't matter and he can go ahead and register for IELTS and evaluate his credentials simultaneously.

Yes you are right his patience,persistence and perseverance will determine if will forge ahead or retreat.It is not quite easy but with these 3 P's he will scale thorugh for sure.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by deesmom(f): 4:11pm On Jan 17, 2016
Good people . Good afternoon . Trust your day weekend was peaceful. Please is there anyone that intends to accept OINP EOI mail . I need somone to walk with as I intend to package a foolprrof document. 1500 CAD no be play...

Have a fruitful week .
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 5:41pm On Jan 17, 2016
@Zandora... it is well my sister, i'm yet to be in your shoes so i don't know. but reading from other immigrants i think what they do first is getting a survival job, then volunteering to gather canadian experience there after they write canadian certification and try reapplying again... i know its not easy, but there is light at the end of the tunnel so don't throw in the towel yet...

@house.. whats the way forward for paying RPRF with this new cbn policy would using someone's credit card not pose a red flag as CIC might see it as getting a loan from a friend.. how do we tackle this hurdle. and Zandora how were you able to show your POF at point of entry
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Doggys: 6:22pm On Jan 17, 2016
Hello house. Please for all those planning to register for the ielts exam in Nigeria and the use of Mastercard is more than 52,000,please you can pay through bank draft as that's what i did early this year when i got a response from the bank that the 210 dollars was about 70,000 against 52,000.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by majaolu: 7:38pm On Jan 17, 2016
Hello house, please i just want to check if ontario province nomination is still on... Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Etfash(m): 7:46pm On Jan 17, 2016
majaolu:
Hello house, please i just want to check if ontario province nomination is still on... Thanks

It's still ongoing. I hope you know that you are invited to apply and not otherwise? With a minimum of 400, you are invited;if you are not invited after a while, withdraw your application and file in a new one.

Meanwhile, MOD, Supermod or Whoever is responsible for managing this section, kindly consider unbanning JesusDWay. His advert has already been removed and he's been banned for a while now.

I don't mean to interfere with your procedures, but I think it's okay if he's unbanned now.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by majaolu: 8:03pm On Jan 17, 2016
Thanks, i am about to submit my EE profile but when i used the CRS calculator my point is 405 with my spouse... Pls i will like to ask a question my uncle is in alberta and i have a cousin in ontario, when i was filling the EE form there is a part that ask if i have a relative in canada. Should i put it that i have an uncle in alberta or cousin in ontario?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 8:22pm On Jan 17, 2016
dupyshoo:
Congrats on your ITA.

With regard to your reference letter from your employer, I don't think it matters if it is either of the 2. Mine was addressed to "To whom" though.

Once the FD matures, transfer it to your wife's account but you will have to write a letter of explanation and also include the bank statement of your wife showing details of the transfer. In the letter, you should state that the money is a gift and that you have no intention to collect the money back.

Good evening dupyshoo, superchi, irondome, zandora, Etfash, other gurus in the house

In anticipation of nomination programs that may come up, I would like to apply for "To Whom It May Concern" (employment reference letter) from my employer(s). My questions are as follows;

1. What format should the letter take? Is there a specific format for Canadian Immigration?
2. I have been with my current employer for nearly 2 years. Is one letter enough? Or I have to go back to ALL my previous employers?

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by bubsykay: 9:05pm On Jan 17, 2016
40manlappy:

Good evening dupyshoo, superchi, irondome, zandora, Etfash, other gurus in the house
In anticipation of nomination programs that may come up, I would like to apply for "To Whom It May Concern" (employment reference letter) from my employer(s). My questions are as follows;
1. What format should the letter take? Is there a specific format for Canadian Immigration?
2. I have been with my current employer for nearly 2 years. Is one letter enough? Or I have to go back to ALL my previous employers?
Thank you.

Not sure there is a particular format as far as it contain all necessary information like period of employment, position held, main responsibilities, annual salary and number of hours per week, someone said it should be "TO WHOM"

YES! You will have to get a reference from all previous employers that makes up your total year of experience indicated.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Etfash(m): 9:24pm On Jan 17, 2016
majaolu:
Thanks, i am about to submit my EE profile but when i used the CRS calculator my point is 405 with my spouse... Pls i will like to ask a question my uncle is in alberta and i have a cousin in ontario, when i was filling the EE form there is a part that ask if i have a relative in canada. Should i put it that i have an uncle in alberta or cousin in ontario?

Cousins aren't close relatives as far as this scheme is concerned; uncles/Aunts are considered close.
You are more likely to get OINP PT soon after you enter the pool, so, I will suggest you don't mention your uncle in Alberta, it would be counterproductive.
If you intend to mention your cousins in your statement of intent for OINP, you should indicate that you have a cousin in Ontario; but you will be ready to provide proofs.

Whenever you intend to apply for the AINP however, just go in and edit your profile. Expunge the cousin and input your uncle.

In all, use what you have to your advantage at all times. You may even choose to input your Uncle at the start since AINP is around the corner and expunge when you need to apply for OINP.

@40manlappy: your questions have been answered the best way I could have.

Cheers!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by irondome: 9:27pm On Jan 17, 2016
bubsykay:

Not sure there is a particular format as far as it contain all necessary information like period of employment, position held, main responsibilities, annual salary and number of hours per week, someone said it should be "TO WHOM"

YES! You will have to get a reference from all previous employers that makes up your total year of experience indicated.

Just to add that -- it should be on the company's official letter-head.

And if you have to do a draft of your roles for your HR or line manager, avoid using --1st personal singular like -- " I service the factory's generator". It gives you away that the letter originated from you and not from your HR.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by irondome: 9:38pm On Jan 17, 2016
yinx007:
@Zandora... it is well my sister, i'm yet to be in your shoes so i don't know. but reading from other immigrants i think what they do first is getting a survival job, then volunteering to gather canadian experience there after they write canadian certification and try reapplying again... i know its not easy, but there is light at the end of the tunnel so don't throw in the towel yet...

@house.. whats the way forward for paying RPRF with this new cbn policy would using someone's credit card not pose a red flag as CIC might see it as getting a loan from a friend.. how do we tackle this hurdle. and Zandora how were you able to show your POF at point of entry

Pay for application fee first, and RPRF a couple of days later

You can pay the rprf through the link below

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees

and provide a receipt of payment through case specific enquiries, see link below
https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries.../canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

For POF at POE, your account statement and your ATM card would suffice. A recent statement proves you have the required funds and your debit proves that you have access to the funds. Ofcouse, you would need some cash on you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by irondome: 9:49pm On Jan 17, 2016
deesmom:
Good people . Good afternoon . Trust your day weekend was peaceful. Please is there anyone that intends to accept OINP EOI mail . I need somone to walk with as I intend to package a foolprrof document. 1500 CAD no be play...

Have a fruitful week .

You should be fine with a solid letter of intent to reside in Ontario. Unfortunately, it's something you have to draft on your own. Do your personal research on how your profile,life,family and career fit into Ontario. Research top companies in Ontario that offer similar roles to your job title and relate your life dream to the opportunities offered by those companies. Research great schools in Ontario for your kids and relate them to how those schools would help your kids integrate faster. Having close friends and relatives that you can provide little evidence for, can also help.

I believe you would do just just fine

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by irondome: 10:15pm On Jan 17, 2016
kokobi99:

Uncle, you sure say you calculate the thing well sha? Hope you scrolled down to see your over CRS at the bottom of the page?

I estimated your AGE as 29 (fresh grad with 3 years exp) and your IELTS as CLB (L-R-S-W 8-7-7-7) and got a CRS of 429. A CLB of 9 in Ilets is easily achievable with good prep and practice.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 11:14pm On Jan 17, 2016
bubsykay:

Thank you.

Looping: Etfash, irondome
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by zandora: 11:19pm On Jan 17, 2016
yinx007:

You can use someone else's credit card, I know a few ppl who did that with no problem. I showed cash and bank statement. Ideally they want to see either cash, traveller's cheque, money order etc and although bank statement isn't part of the requirements, you can get away with a combination of cash and bank statement.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by zandora: 11:21pm On Jan 17, 2016
Etfash:

It's still ongoing. I hope you know that you are invited to apply and not otherwise? With a minimum of 400, you are invited;if you are not invited after a while, withdraw your application and file in a new one.

Meanwhile, MOD, Supermod or Whoever is responsible for managing this section, kindly consider unbanning JesusDWay. His advert has already been removed and he's been banned for a while now.

I don't mean to interfere with your procedures, but I think it's okay if he's unbanned now.

What the heck? Why was JesusDWay banned?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 11:31pm On Jan 17, 2016
zandora:

The chances of you being hired are almost impossible. Even me that's in Canada I'm getting almost frustrated. So far I've had 3 interviews, each involving various stages. For the first interview (with an insurance company) I got to the final interview stage with the hiring manager, she looked at the name of the bank on my resume and asked if the bank was in Canada, I said no and she was like 'oh I thought your work experience was in Canada' and in my mind I was like is this woman for real, didn't the person who interviewed me before I got to you communicate with you? Anyway, I knew then that I wasn't going to get it then, besides they were only looking for one person out of about 50 ppl that got to the final stage so my chances were pretty much slim in the first place.

For the second interview the company wanted 12 people so I was relieved. When I got to the reception I was asked for my name to confirm my interview slot, then after I told the guy he brought out this A4 foolscap sheet filled with names, my mouth almost opened because I saw about 20+ names for that day. After the interview the lady told be that they were going to interview all week and they started interviewing the previous week so I quickly mentally did the maths and estimated that with the names I saw they should interview almost 200 ppl. Then I knew I wasn't going to get it, what even pained me more was that I suffered to read and pass that their ridiculous online tests.

The third interview was with a US based bank with few corporate offices in Canada. Their HR emailed me first and said she was going to telephone me (from the U.S) for a 30 mins interview. This time I made sure I wasn't going to leave any stone unturned because the role was juicy and the salary was really good. I jacked all the behavioural situational questions I could find, I read about the company, the role every freaking thing you can imagine so I was confident. On the day of the interview the lady called as expected, gave me a brief overview of the company and role and then she said and I quote "now to my first question, what is risk?" In my mind I'm like ehn? what is risk? Is this a joke, like are you kidding me? I wasn't expecting that line of question at all especially since the role didn't have anything to do with risk whatsoever. I felt like crying, I just mumbled whatever could pass for what I thought financial risk might be. At the end she said I'll hear the decision in a few days and that only the top 2 - 3 candidates would move on to the next stage. I asked how many stages they were and she said up to 4 stages. Now I'm still waiting for a decision but I'm not putting my hopes on it.

I have 2 more interviews coming up within this week with 2 major banks. I'm getting frustrated here but I'm not going to give up because I believe that with God and patience by my side I'll land a job soon. Sorry if I was ranting, just wanted to share my experience and relieve a bit of burden from my heart cry.

P:S - When you get here and you're creating your CV, do not include your country. This is because most companies have a preference for Canadian experience over any other country experience. When you get shortlisted and they ask where your experience was from, only then do you tell them.

Hang in there zandora. May God crown your efforts with success soon. We are awaiting your heartwarming testimony... smiley
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by SlowlybtSurely: 11:45pm On Jan 17, 2016
irondome:

You should be fine with a solid letter of intent to reside in Ontario. Unfortunately, it's someone you have to draft on your own. Do your personal research on how your profile,life,family and career fit into Ontario. Research top companies in Ontario that offer similar roles to your job title and relate your life dream to the opportunities offered by those companies. Research great schools in Ontario for your kids and relate them to how those schools would help your kids integrate faster. Having close friends and relatives that you can provide little evidence for, can also help.

I believe you would do just just fine
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by bigass(f): 11:46pm On Jan 17, 2016
deesmom:

Have a fruitful week .

Are you Hnd, Bsc or Masters

I ask because of you score 433
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Etfash(m): 9:02am On Jan 18, 2016
zandora:

What the heck? Why was JesusDWay banned?

Smile... He told me he's been banned since December, 2015.

I know he placed an advert on the Travel section that was expunged afterwards but honestly, I don't know why he was banned.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Garykasparov: 11:19am On Jan 18, 2016
Good morning all,
I have been wondering why JesusDway has not been responding, just felt perhaps he is having a tight schedule to have come online. what can we do to bring him back. i barely know how things work on this NL, na canada stuffs bring me here. @etfash pls do all you can or contact him to re-register with another email and handle e.g JesusStillDway or something....Lol.

I have an inquiry; How long does the OntarioPNP process last? From the time you apply to the time you get nominated?

Secondly, WES assesses ICAN as "Two years professional study" there has been doubts if it flies as "Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees. One must be for a program of three or more years" for primary applicants.
However, As the primary applicant, i intend to assess my wife's ICAN for spouse's "Two-year program at a university, college, trade or technical in school, or other institute"

will this fly?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by bubsykay: 11:19am On Jan 18, 2016
Please at what point do I need to do the medical examination? Also will I be referred to a particular doctor or I can walk into any CIC approved Doctor?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Garykasparov: 11:25am On Jan 18, 2016
bubsykay:
Please at what point do I need to do the medical examination? Also will I be referred to a particular doctor or I can walk into any CIC approved Doctor?

The medical exam will be required when you intend submitting your application after you must have received ITA. you can walk into any of the approved clinics at your convenience
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by bubsykay: 11:55am On Jan 18, 2016
Garykasparov:

The medical exam will be required when you intend submitting your application after you must have received ITA. you can walk into any of the approved clinics at your convenience

Thank you boss! Does it mean CIC should have received the medicals before application submission or they will update my profile with the result after I have submitted
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by irondome: 12:33pm On Jan 18, 2016
bubsykay:

You are required to do your medicals before final application submission. Please note that if you submit your application without uploading the medical summary assessment form, your visa application would be refused.

For the medicals, look through the list of appproved panel doctors in Nigeria. Give one of them a call to schedule an appointment. Present yourself for the test. You would get a receipt and medical assessment sheet. Upload the sheet in the appropriate space in your application.

Most applicants usually get the medical passed status in 1-3 days after final application submission.

(1) (2) (3) ... (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) ... (821)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.