Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,260 members, 7,815,417 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:02 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (50) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2603460 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by chimali: 6:00pm On Jan 14, 2016
Thanks alot.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by edababa007(m): 6:09pm On Jan 14, 2016
Hello House, For the CIC and other PNP's, do I only need to scan d data page of my passport or I must scan ALL d pages of the passport? Pls advise.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by superchi: 6:09pm On Jan 14, 2016
amokemi:
Dear House,
Please can you help with information on the required documents by Alberta for her PNP. I've checked their website and I don't seem to see the requirements.
Thanks house

Hello, Alberta has three programs in their nominee program. 1. Employee Driven stream, the long and short is you need an employment offer from Alberta. 2. Strategic Recruitment stream, for this one you're in a Trade occupation, an engineer with Alberta work experience or a Post graduate from Alberta institution currently working there 3. Self-Employed Farmer stream, I need not describe.

So please tell me the one you need the required documentation? That's the one you think you qualify...

Let's start from there.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by zandora: 7:38pm On Jan 14, 2016
edababa007:
Hello House, For the CIC and other PNP's, do I only need to scan d data page of my passport or I must scan ALL d pages of the passport? Pls advise.

For FSW via Express Entry you only need to scan your data page but for PNP (I'm very sure of Ontario) you need to scan all the pages and ensure you don't miss any.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by edababa007(m): 7:49pm On Jan 14, 2016
zandora:

For FSW via Express Entry you only need to scan your data page but for PNP (I'm very sure of Ontario) you need to scan all the pages and ensure you don't miss any.

Thx Zandora...i appreciate d info
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by edababa007(m): 8:53pm On Jan 14, 2016
edababa007:

Thx Zandora...i appreciate d info

@ Zandora & others,

As regards reference letter from employer... Should the letter be addressed "TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN" or i should have different copies addressed to different province? thx pple..
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by amokemi(m): 9:26pm On Jan 14, 2016
Thanks Superchi

I think this Alberta thing is not for foreign based applicants. I will keep looking elsewhere.

Thanks I appreciate.

superchi:

Hello, Alberta has three programs in their nominee program. 1. Employee Driven stream, the long and short is you need an employment offer from Alberta. 2. Strategic Recruitment stream, for this one you're in a Trade occupation, an engineer with Alberta work experience or a Post graduate from Alberta institution currently working there 3. Self-Employed Farmer stream, I need not describe.

So please tell me the one you need the required documentation? That's the one you think you qualify...

Let's start from there.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 9:58pm On Jan 14, 2016
Dear all, it is common knowledge that for this program, you need to provide proof of funds that will enable you to settle down adequately on arrival in canada. However, my question is that as a principal applicant that cannot generate the minimum money required(from their chart) on their own which is $12164, will the authorities accept it if it is being provided by ones parents free of charge?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Pidggin(f): 10:40pm On Jan 14, 2016
Hello all, my friend wants to use his Payoneer account statement instead of his Nigerian account, is this allowed?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by zandora: 11:06pm On Jan 14, 2016
edababa007:

@ Zandora & others,

As regards reference letter from employer... Should the letter be addressed "TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN" or i should have different copies addressed to different province? thx pple..

To Whom it May Concern.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by zandora: 11:10pm On Jan 14, 2016
shodexy:
Dear all, it is common knowledge that for this program, you need to provide proof of funds that will enable you to settle down adequately on arrival in canada. However, my question is that as a principal applicant that cannot generate the minimum money required(from their chart) on their own which is $12164, will the authorities accept it if it is being provided by ones parents free of charge?

The funds should be in the principal applicants's account. You can get the funds from your parents but they should transfer the funds to the principal applicant's account and swear an affidavit to explain that it's a gift to the PA not to be paid back. A gift did should also be provided and bank statement of the parents to show the source of the funds etc.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by zandora: 11:11pm On Jan 14, 2016
Pidggin:
Hello all, my friend wants to use his Payoneer account statement instead of his Nigerian account, is this allowed?

I have no idea what a Payoneer account is.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by irondome: 11:38pm On Jan 14, 2016
zandora:

Hi Zandora,

What was the turnaround time like at the AVO, from Passport submission to final approval/Visa stamping.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by zandora: 11:56pm On Jan 14, 2016
irondome:

Hi Zandora,

What was the turnaround time like at the AVO, from Passport submission to final approval/Visa stamping.

I submitted my app when most apps were processed in Canada so mine took 5 months. I heard that now that apps are being processes at their local VO's the turnaround time is faster.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by irondome: 11:59pm On Jan 14, 2016
Pidggin:

hmmm, tricky. Payoneer is not your regular bank and I doubt if they can truly avail your friend of the POF in the format required by CIC.

If I were your friend and the funds in my Payoneer accounts are truly mine; I would transfer the equivalent of my POF amount to my regular/existing bank account, and use both statements. Payoneer statement is necessary to prove the source of major inflow to my regular account and to prove that I have always had the money for over 6 months; while the regular bank account statement & document would serve as the actual POF.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by irondome: 12:02am On Jan 15, 2016
zandora:

I submitted my app when most apps were processed in Canada so mine took 5 months. I heard that now that apps are being processes at their local VO's the turnaround time is faster.

Thanks, I meant turnaround time for COPR and visa stamping after PPR. You said you sent your passport for stamping through VFS to AVO, how long did it take to have your passport back?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Pidggin(f): 12:17am On Jan 15, 2016
irondome:

hmmm, tricky. Payoneer is not your regular bank and I doubt if they can truly avail your friend of the POF in the format required by CIC.

If I were your friend and the funds in my Payoneer accounts are truly mine; I would transfer the equivalent of my POF amount to my regular/existing bank account, and use both statements. Payoneer statement is necessary to prove the source of major inflow to my regular account and to prove that I have always had the money for over 6 months; while the regular bank account statement & document would serve as the actual POF.

Thank you, I shall pass on the message to him
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Pidggin(f): 12:17am On Jan 15, 2016
zandora:

It is a foreign account
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by bubsykay: 8:10am On Jan 15, 2016
Pidggin:

It is a foreign account

Its a foreign and virtual account

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by koolkamzzy(m): 9:56am On Jan 15, 2016
Hi superchi, please correct me if I'm wrong. From my understanding, the SINP was open to only selected occupation known as "OCCUPATION IN DEMEND" ?

superchi:

371 is a low CRS but it doesn't mean no hope. You just have some work to do and it's called PROVINCIAL NOMINATION. If you get it, you get additional 600 points on your EE profile. And you get Invited To Apply for Permanent Residence.

See the documents you need for SASKATCHEWAN Provincial Nomination (http://www.economy.gov.sk.ca/immigration/sinp). You will require less for NOVA SCOTIA. The two programs are currently not open and it gives you the opportunity to get all the documents ready. DON'T be scared. I got mine ready within a month and it included me, my wife and two children, like 60 pages. I applied this January when it opened a closed in two days!

Please carefully look at it. I believe it's simple and I'll try to answers some questions. Goodluck!

SINP PROVINCIAL NOMINATION PROGRAM

Get the following documents and scan to PDF:

1. Passport (For Principle Applicant, Spouse & Child)

2. Birth Certificates (For Principle Applicant, Spouse & Child)

3. University Degree & Transcript (For Principle Applicant only)

4. ECA Report (WES e.t.c) (For Principle Applicant & Spouse)

5. IELTS Result (For Principle Applicant & Spouse)
6. Work Reference or Experience Certificate (For Principle Applicant only)
7. Marriage Certificate

8. Bank Statement or Fixed Deposit certificate (For Last Three Months)
Required funds must be stable for 90 days prior to submission of application.
Number of
Family Members Funds Required
(in Canadian dollars)
1 person $12,164
2 persons $15,143
3 persons $18,617
4 persons $22,603
5 persons $25,636
6 persons $28,913
7 or more $32,191

Download, Complete and Scan to pdf these CIC Federal Forms:

Find all here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/3998-temp.asp

1. IMM 0008 - Generic Application Form for Canada (Only Principle Applicant )

2. IMM 5562 - Supplementary Information: Your Travels (Only Principle Applicant )

3. Schedule 4: Economic Classes - Provincial Nominee (Only Principle Applicant)

4. Schedule A: Background/Declaration (Principle Applicant & Spouse separately)

5. IMM-5406 Additional Family Information - IMM-5406 Additional Family Information (Principle Applicant & Spouse separately)

6. Ethical Conduct Disclosure & Declaration Form
7. Settlement Plan:
To prepare a settlement plan according to SINP instructions, just follow the steps below:

STEP#01 ----> just go to the URL: http://www.cic.gc.ca/lctvac/english/index

STEP#02 ----> Answer all the questions properly.

STEP#04 ----> In the end, choose the option PRINT or SEND BY EMAIL

STEP#05 ----> Scan the Settlement Plan
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by superchi: 11:03am On Jan 15, 2016
koolkamzzy:
Hi superchi, please correct me if I'm wrong. From my understanding, the SINP was open to only selected occupation known as "OCCUPATION IN DEMEND" ?

That's correct. On the application guide you will find the list of occupation with their NOC codes.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by chimali: 1:34pm On Jan 15, 2016
Please I have a question. If in Sep 2015, I had 3 million in my account and in December 2015 this amount has dropped to say 2.2million as I was spending out of the money. If in January 2016, I top up the amount to 3 million again how long would I have had the 3 million in my account?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Momoluwa: 1:48pm On Jan 15, 2016
Hi Guys...so for me hubby and myself has done IELTS, Hubby's ECA is completed, Mine is still in the works.

I am an ACCA member and I recently stumbled on some on the Canadian CPA website, there is an MRA between ICAN and ACCA such that you complete an assessment alongside meeting some requirement, then you can apply to become a member and become an CPA member provided you meet all the requirements. I am however skeptical on whether or not I should go ahead with the process.

Has anyone done something like this and it paid off?
Will this boost my chances of getting a PNP?

Please help.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Garykasparov: 3:11pm On Jan 15, 2016
Momoluwa:
Hi Guys...so for me hubby and myself has done IELTS, Hubby's ECA is completed, Mine is still in the works.

I am an ACCA member and I recently stumbled on some on the Canadian CPA website, there is an MRA between ICAN and ACCA such that you complete an assessment alongside meeting some requirement, then you can apply to become a member and become an CPA member provided you meet all the requirements. I am however skeptical on whether or not I should go ahead with the process.

Has anyone done something like this and it paid off?
Will this boost my chances of getting a PNP?

Please help.

Yes, you can go ahead with the process, albeit quite expensive. its a step in the right direction. Also, the entire process can be completed here, do liaise with CPA British Columbia(international). However, contrary to your statement, i doubt if there is a MRA for ICAN members.

I hope to pursue mine as well when i have the cash and its even least in my priorities now. You can go to linkedIn and search "CPA" and make friends with members and ask all you questions.

It may not boost your application for PNP as it is not a criteria and may not count as education in the province. However, it shows a strong tie to a province you seek their nomination if your CPA is from the same province. e.g CPA Manitoba or CPA sacks.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by samnijazz: 4:13pm On Jan 15, 2016
Good day people, please how can I use Fixed Deposit as a proof of fund for EE. I have some money in my account I will like to fix it. I will be applying by June. For how long do I fix the money?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by bubsykay: 4:41pm On Jan 15, 2016
Please where do I get the customize doc check list from my profile?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by irondome: 4:42pm On Jan 15, 2016
chimali:
Please I have a question. If in Sep 2015, I had 3 million in my account and in December 2015 this amount has dropped to say 2.2million as I was spending out of the money. If in January 2016, I top up the amount to 3 million again how long would I have had the 3 million in my account?

Brief and little fluctuation in your account balance is permissible even it dipped below the minimum POF requirement, which is why CIC requested a 6 months AVERAGE balance. Just ensure that -- as at when you are applying, your POF document shows amount over the minimum funds required and possibly keep the funds there for 6 months (counting from Sept)

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by irondome: 4:43pm On Jan 15, 2016
bubsykay:
Please where do I get the customize doc check list from my profile?

After filling all required forms; one of the last pages, I guess.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by irondome: 4:48pm On Jan 15, 2016
samnijazz:
Good day people, please how can I use Fixed Deposit as a proof of fund for EE. I have some money in my account I will like to fix it. I will be applying by June. For how long do I fix the money?

You can fix it, however, I would be more comfortable if you en-cashed it before your final application. Fixed deposit funds are seen as encumbered funds in Canada as you usually wouldn't cash it before maturity date.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by bubsykay: 4:52pm On Jan 15, 2016
irondome:

After filling all required forms; one of the last pages, I guess.

At the moment, I have filled everything and I can't find it, not even where to upload the documents. Do I need to submit first?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by irondome: 4:53pm On Jan 15, 2016
Hi all,

Has anyone submitted his/her passport to Accra VO via VFS centre of recent for visa stamping (post passport request mail)? I would like to know their average processing time, i.e how long it takes to stamp your passport and return back to you or Lagos Vfs?

(1) (2) (3) ... (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) ... (821)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.