Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,167 members, 7,815,071 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:48 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (51) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2603301 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by irondome: 4:58pm On Jan 15, 2016
bubsykay:

At the moment, I have filled everything and I can't find it, not even where to upload the documents. Do I need to submit first?

I don't think you can effect final submission without paying. I can't remember the exact steps (filled mine over 6 months), however, I would suggest you keep navigating to the next actionable step. You would see the customized document check list and an upload menu for each item on the list.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by bubsykay: 5:04pm On Jan 15, 2016
Ok bro! Thank you and God bless
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 7:40pm On Jan 15, 2016
Good evening. Guys I just received ITA my but am scared of the medical, I have Hep B but I have been on medication for over 5months now. Pls seniors who have done medicals what do u suggest, or do I decline my Ita, also my spouse is just few weeks pregnant. Need a way out
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by abusaibu: 9:31pm On Jan 15, 2016
Goodday everyone, pls is there anyone that knows anybody in Manitoba that can nominate me for provincia nominee programme, cos i was sent letter of advice to apply and was given 60 days to do that.

Thank You.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by irondome: 9:51pm On Jan 15, 2016
ilesanmioo:
Good evening. Guys I just received ITA my but am scared of the medical, I have Hep B but I have been on medication for over 5months now. Pls seniors who have done medicals what do u suggest, or do I decline my Ita, also my spouse is just few weeks pregnant. Need a way out

Don't decline. What's your viral load? When last did you get tested? If your viral load is quite low, you can go ahead and do your medicals. Ensure you answer YES to the statutory question on disease while filling your post ITA form and make sure you clarify that with a detailed LOE (borders on treatment, low viral load, risk of infecting others and negligible cost of treatment)

During the medicals, also answer YES when the MD ask the question on HEP B. They would require you to do further --HEP A, B and C quantitative tests (unfortunately, this attracts additional cost). If they confirm your viral load to be low and risk of infecting others is low, you are in the clear; otherwise (high viral load) you would required to continue your treatment for a couple of months and re-present yourself for re-test.

For your wife, there are 2 options;

1. She would present herself for her medicals now, and would be required to do ALL tests except xray. With this, you would still get the medical assessment summary sheet which allows you to submit a legitimate application. In this arrangement, your overall medical is NOT passed under your wife completes her Xray test after baby delivery. This also implies that your application would not be processed within the 6-months timeline.

2. Where possible, some CIC test centres make available safety lead shield that protects the baby against hazardous rays. That way, she is able to complete all her test without the need to wait till delivery.

Honestly and in my own opinion, no visa is worth this risk, as such, option 1 is much desirable.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 10:01pm On Jan 15, 2016
pls how long did it take Wes to send your report back to you after yo applied and had your transcript sent down...

Momoluwa:
Hi Guys...so for me hubby and myself has done IELTS, Hubby's ECA is completed, Mine is still in the works.

I am an ACCA member and I recently stumbled on some on the Canadian CPA website, there is an MRA between ICAN and ACCA such that you complete an assessment alongside meeting some requirement, then you can apply to become a member and become an CPA member provided you meet all the requirements. I am however skeptical on whether or not I should go ahead with the process.

Has anyone done something like this and it paid off?
Will this boost my chances of getting a PNP?

Please help.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by lavivaavril(f): 10:29pm On Jan 15, 2016
Hi guys,pls who has an idea how we are to 'take' this required funds to Canada after getting PR. I suppose the money shown in the POF is meant to be travelled with. Do we use traveller's cheque? Does one have to open a Canadian account and transfer the funds before travelling?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by samnijazz: 10:31pm On Jan 15, 2016
irondome:

You can fix it, however, I would be more comfortable if you en-cashed it before your final application. Fixed deposit funds are seen as encumbered funds in Canada as you usually wouldn't cash it before maturity date.
. Thank you for the prompt reply. so do you mean i can fix it till May and en-cash it for June to make it appropriate?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 11:37pm On Jan 15, 2016
irondome:

Don't decline. What's your viral load? When last did you get tested? If your viral load is quite low, you can go ahead and do your medicals. Ensure you answer YES to the statutory question on disease while filling your post ITA form and make sure you clarify that with a detailed LOE (borders on treatment, low viral load, risk of infecting others and negligible cost of treatment)

During the medicals, also answer YES when the MD ask the question on HEP B. They would require you to do further --HEP A, B and C quantitative tests (unfortunately, this attracts additional cost). If they confirm your viral load to be low and risk of infecting others is low, you are in the clear; otherwise (high viral load) you would required to continue your treatment for a couple of months and re-present yourself for re-test.

For your wife, there are 2 options;

1. She would present herself for her medicals now, and would be required to do ALL tests except xray. With this, you would still get the medical assessment summary sheet which allows you to submit a legitimate application. In this arrangement, your overall medical is NOT passed under your wife completes her Xray test after baby delivery. This also implies that your application would not be processed within the 6-months timeline.

2. Where possible, some CIC test centres make available safety lead shield that protects the baby against hazardous rays. That way, she is able to complete all her test without the need to wait till delivery.

Honestly and in my own opinion, no visa is worth this risk, as such, option 1 is much desirable.

Thanks I will go for test today to know current status, I have been on medication. I don't mind if my application takes longer than 6months am just worried my PNP nomination will expire by jul 2016. Sorry my spouse declined ITA b4 I got home.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by irondome: 2:33am On Jan 16, 2016
lavivaavril:
Hi guys,pls who has an idea how we are to 'take' this required funds to Canada after getting PR. I suppose the money shown in the POF is meant to be travelled with. Do we use traveller's cheque? Does one have to open a Canadian account and transfer the funds before travelling?

It's not mandatory that you have all the cash physically on you. For instance, I intend to fly in with just $5000 in cash, with the rest in my account. Obviously, I would have to present my recent bank statement plus atm card at landing. The statement prove I have the minimum required fund and the atm prove I have easy access to the money.

However, I am not sure how the new clamp down on foreign withdrawal by CBN would affect this approach.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by irondome: 2:41am On Jan 16, 2016
ilesanmioo:
Thanks I will go for test today to know current status, I have been on medication. I don't mind if my application takes longer than 6months am just worried my PNP nomination will expire by jul 2016. Sorry my spouse declined ITA b4 I got home.

ITA is usually not what you decline like that as you have 60days to mull over your options. Did you get the ITA via pnp? If yes, I suggest you quickly recreate your profile and contact your province to transfer your nomination to your new profile. I have seen people do this with visa refusal cases (mostly as a result of incomplete documents)
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by irondome: 2:56am On Jan 16, 2016
samnijazz:
. Thank you for the prompt reply. so do you mean i can fix it till May and en-cash it for June to make it appropriate?

Yes sir.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 6:14am On Jan 16, 2016
irondome:

ITA is usually not what you decline like that as you have 60days to mull over your options. Did you get the ITA via pnp? If yes, I suggest you quickly recreate your profile and contact your province to transfer your nomination to your new profile. I have seen people do this with visa refusal cases (mostly as a result of incomplete documents)
. Don't get u, there was an option accept or decline ITA, and she chose decline, and I read on the website this morning when u decline u go. Back into the pool, why do I need to recreate another profile, when I will get ITA in the next draw my score is 1041.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by irondome: 8:21am On Jan 16, 2016
ilesanmioo:
. Don't get u, there was an option accept or decline ITA, and she chose decline, and I read on the website this morning when u decline u go. Back into the pool, why do I need to recreate another profile, when I will get ITA in the next draw my score is 1041.

Oh, my bad!!! My head was thinking of a rejection scenario.

You would definitely get an ITA with the very next draw.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by WoodcrestMayor(m): 4:16pm On Jan 16, 2016
Zandy baby kiss

I hpe u av far more settled now.

As for me o!I wont touch bank job even with a long pole cheesy

Na wetin i dey do for naija...i believe u are passionate abt banking smiley
zandora:

The chances of you being hired are almost impossible. Even me that's in Canada I'm getting almost frustrated. So far I've had 3 interviews, each involving various stages. For the first interview (with an insurance company) I got to the final interview stage with the hiring manager, she looked at the name of the bank on my resume and asked if the bank was in Canada, I said no and she was like 'oh I thought your work experience was in Canada' and in my mind I was like is this woman for real, didn't the person who interviewed me before I got to you communicate with you? Anyway, I knew then that I wasn't going to get it then, besides they were only looking for one person out of about 50 ppl that got to the final stage so my chances were pretty much slim in the first place.

For the second interview the company wanted 12 people so I was relieved. When I got to the reception I was asked for my name to confirm my interview slot, then after I told the guy he brought out this A4 foolscap sheet filled with names, my mouth almost opened because I saw about 20+ names for that day. After the interview the lady told be that they were going to interview all week and they started interviewing the previous week so I quickly mentally did the maths and estimated that with the names I saw they should interview almost 200 ppl. Then I knew I wasn't going to get it, what even pained me more was that I suffered to read and pass that their ridiculous online tests.

The third interview was with a US based bank with few corporate offices in Canada. Their HR emailed me first and said she was going to telephone me (from the U.S) for a 30 mins interview. This time I made sure I wasn't going to leave any stone unturned because the role was juicy and the salary was really good. I jacked all the behavioural situational questions I could find, I read about the company, the role every freaking thing you can imagine so I was confident. On the day of the interview the lady called as expected, gave me a brief overview of the company and role and then she said and I quote "now to my first question, what is risk?" In my mind I'm like ehn? what is risk? Is this a joke, like are you kidding me? I wasn't expecting that line of question at all especially since the role didn't have anything to do with risk whatsoever. I felt like crying, I just mumbled whatever could pass for what I thought financial risk might be. At the end she said I'll hear the decision in a few days and that only the top 2 - 3 candidates would move on to the next stage. I asked how many stages they were and she said up to 4 stages. Now I'm still waiting for a decision but I'm not putting my hopes on it.

I have 2 more interviews coming up within this week with 2 major banks. I'm getting frustrated here but I'm not going to give up because I believe that with God and patience by my side I'll land a job soon. Sorry if I was ranting, just wanted to share my experience and relieve a bit of burden from my heart cry.

P:S - When you get here and you're creating your CV, do not include your country. This is because most companies have a preference for Canadian experience over any other country experience. When you get shortlisted and they ask where your experience was from, only then do you tell them.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Etfash(m): 4:48pm On Jan 16, 2016
abusaibu:
Goodday everyone, pls is there anyone that knows anybody in Manitoba that can nominate me for provincia nominee programme, cos i was sent letter of advice to apply and was given 60 days to do that.

Thank You.

For Manitoba to have advised you to apply, you must have presented yourself as connected to the province. Just go ahead and request for the Residency permit or citizenship card scans from your close relative who has been living in Manitoba for a while.

But, bro if you can't furnish them with the details above, you may have given some 'untrue' information about yourself to Manitoba.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by samnijazz: 6:12pm On Jan 16, 2016
Please what is the current rate of 1Canadian dollar to naira?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by chimali: 6:12pm On Jan 16, 2016
@ ilesanmioo

Sorry I can't help with your question as I know nothing about this medical issue but I have some questions for you.
Which province nominated you?
How long did it take for you to get the pnp from date of application and how did you go about it?
Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by RareDiamond: 7:10pm On Jan 16, 2016
Nice
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by irondome: 9:33pm On Jan 16, 2016
samnijazz:
Please what is the current rate of 1Canadian dollar to naira?

xe.com

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 11:24pm On Jan 16, 2016
irondome:

Oh, my bad!!! My head was thinking of a rejection scenario.

You would definitely get an ITA with the very next draw.
Thanks! I cudnt do the test yesterday, but I got d report of when I tested last year, viral load was 30000 before I started zeffix drug. What do u feel?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 11:25pm On Jan 16, 2016
chimali:
@ ilesanmioo

Sorry I can't help with your question as I know nothing about this medical issue but I have some questions for you.
Which province nominated you?
How long did it take for you to get the pnp from date of application and how did you go about it?
Thanks
was nominated by nova scotia, it takes an average of 8mths, check their website for further guidelines cos a lot of things av. Changed since I applied
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by irondome: 12:01am On Jan 17, 2016
ilesanmioo:
Thanks! I cudnt do the test yesterday, but I got d report of when I tested last year, viral load was 30000 before I started zeffix drug. What do u feel?

Caveat: I am not a Doctor, as such am not qualified to give a professional opinion on this. However, I am aware that any viral load above 20,000 is considered elevated and indicates active viral replication. I would suggest you force it down to 10,000; although less than 2000 would have been ideal.

Additionally, because Hep B directly impacts the liver, I would suggest you also do an Ultrasound test on your liver and some other liver function test. While CIC panel doctor are not bound to take in 3rd party test results, they may however leverage on such relevant results in assessing the level of risk, as a significantly damage liver exposes CIC to a potential huge medical cost.

The good news is, as long as your liver is not impaired and your viral level is low, you would scale the medical hurdle.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 1:09am On Jan 17, 2016
irondome:

Caveat: I am not a Doctor, as such am not qualified to give a professional opinion on this. However, I am aware that any viral load above 20,000 is considered elevated and indicates active viral replication. I would suggest you force it down to 10,000; although less than 2000 would have been ideal.

Additionally, because Hep B directly impacts the liver, I would suggest you also do an Ultrasound test on your liver and some other liver function test. While CIC panel doctor are not bound to take in 3rd party test results, they may however leverage on such relevant results in assessing the level of risk, as a significantly damage liver exposes CIC to a potential huge medical cost.

The good news is, as long as your liver is not impaired and your viral level is low, you would scale the medical hurdle.
thanks I did liver function test, scans and the rest and dey all came back normal
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by akanni(m): 7:03am On Jan 17, 2016
[quote author=zandora post=41865442]

The chances of you being hired are almost impossible. Even me that's in Canada I'm getting almost frustrated. So far I've had 3 interviews, each involving various stages.

@Zandora, there are lots of immigrants in the same category as you, as such, competition is high.Depending on the specific role you looking at, a good option for you is to get at least 1 certification in banking.I don't really know you have been looking at but you might have to stoop before you conquer, based on experience.Canadian experience is really a big deal here so, back to drawing board (smile), sorry dear.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by kokobi99: 9:17am On Jan 17, 2016
pls i need advice migrating to canada, a graduate with 3 years work experience
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by chimali: 10:04am On Jan 17, 2016
Thanks Ilesanmioo
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by kokobi99: 10:12am On Jan 17, 2016
Please is it compulsory to have provincial nomination before one can apply? from the online assessment i just did now, they said that i am eligible to submit express entry and i did not put provincial nomination.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ikelords(m): 10:32am On Jan 17, 2016
PLEASE HOUSE, I WANNA COMMENCE WITH THE FSWP BUT I DONT KNW HOW TO GO ABOUT IT, SHOULD I START WITH THE WES OR WRITE MY ILETS EXAM BEFORE DOING MY EVALUATION WITH WES. THANKS
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Etfash(m): 10:47am On Jan 17, 2016
ikelords:
PLEASE HOUSE, I WANNA COMMENCE WITH THE FSWP BUT I DONT KNW HOW TO GO ABOUT IT, SHOULD I START WITH THE WES OR WRITE MY ILETS EXAM BEFORE DOING MY EVALUATION WITH WES. THANKS

Start with IELTS. After the exam, you may proceed to evaluate your credentials with WES depending on your level of certainty to ace the exam and your determination to immigrate to Canada.

I hope you have a full grip of the above.

cheers!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by irondome: 10:56am On Jan 17, 2016
Etfash:

Start with IELTS. After the exam, you may proceed to evaluate your credentials with WES depending on your level of certainty to ace the exam and your determination to immigrate to Canada.

I hope you have a full grip of the above.

cheers!

Can't he run both simultaneously? Commence his ECA while prepping for IELTS test. That way, he wouldn't have to wait to assess his degree once he scales his IELTS hurdle.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by irondome: 11:04am On Jan 17, 2016
kokobi99:
Please is it compulsory to have provincial nomination before one can apply? from the online assessment i just did now, they said that i am eligible to submit express entry and i did not put provincial nomination.
No, provincial nomination isn't compulsory if you polled a good CRS score, anything north of 450. How high you score depends on your --Age, IELTS score, Level of education. Your 3 years of work experience already gives you the max point under work experience criteria.

However, if your CRS score is low, you would have to depend on province nomination in order to land an ITA.

Use the tool below to estimate your CRS score. Be realistic with your English ability if you have not yet written your IELTS test

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp

(1) (2) (3) ... (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) ... (821)

Viewing this topic: kkkossy(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.