Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,063 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:27 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (77) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2605050 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by chimaXYZ: 2:33pm On Mar 03, 2016
AlphaNumero:

Congrats Mate!

Hi guys,

I received my PPR today. I've been ecstatic. Hahahah honestly grateful to you, @zandora and @jesusdway. This platform has been a very useful resource.

Thank you so much. My EE journey has been quite nerve wracking.

I'm going to use DHL as advised to send my passport. But seeing as I'm currently in the US I'm guessing I'll have to send my passport to a visa application office here in the States. The letter doesn't state where to address the DHL though...

Any pointers?

In any case, I wish everybody on this journey the best of luck.

I pray it works out well for everyone.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by jugzy: 3:00pm On Mar 03, 2016
Congrats Alphanumero. Big Big Congrats. God is indeed faithful. We will all testify too as God lives. Amen
AlphaNumero:

Hi guys,

I received my PPR today. I've been ecstatic. Hahahah honestly grateful to you, @zandora and @jesusdway. This platform has been a very useful resource.

Thank you so much. My EE journey has been quite nerve wracking.

I'm going to use DHL as advised to send my passport. But seeing as I'm currently in the US I'm guessing I'll have to send my passport to a visa application office here in the States. The letter doesn't state where to address the DHL though...

Any pointers?

In any case, I wish everybody on this journey the best of luck.

I pray it works out well for everyone.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by iceberg54: 3:30pm On Mar 03, 2016
vcole:
Hi. You can google the crs tool and use it to calculate an estimated maximum possible score for you and for your hubby to decide who would be best as a principal applicant. Express entry usually favours applicants 30yrs or less with a professional or master's degree and clb level 9 and above on ielts. so, when you use the tool, fill in "proposed" ielts scores and see if y'all can hit 400 minimum (as that would guarantee an invitation by Ontario to apply for their PNP and a possible 600 points if it's successful) whoever has the highest "possible" points should be the principal applicant.
I do not know any medic who has successfully immigrated to Canada via EE or FSW. it will be great if any here can share their experience.

Sorry vcole, i just got to know about ontario pnp...

Will ontario invite everyone that scores above 400 to apply for their PNP?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by iphie25(f): 3:31pm On Mar 03, 2016
Hello everyone,
@zandora and JesusDway Pls I got a mail from WES last night requesting my Law school transcripts..remember I was advised to not send it coz it doesn't really count? Pls how do I go about telling them to cancel the request for lawschool transcripts and just proceed with my LL.B transcripts sent by my uni?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by cuteannie02: 3:35pm On Mar 03, 2016
Etfash:

I expected the score to have increased by 53, assuming your age stays same. If you are a year older, then the increase should be 48 and the total CRS should be 441. So, what happened?

Finally, my score was updated today, it's 438. Awaiting NOI from Ontario, d gurus in the house were right, I only had to wait for 24hrs. Thanks people
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by cuteannie02: 3:36pm On Mar 03, 2016
Etfash:

I expected the score to have increased by 53, assuming your age stays same. If you are a year older, then the increase should be 48 and the total CRS should be 441. So, what happened?

Finally, my score was updated today, it's 438. Awaiting NOI from Ontario, d gurus in the house were right, I only had to wait for 24hrs. Thanks people
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by primeson1(m): 3:49pm On Mar 03, 2016
JesusDWay:

Naaaaa, not relevant. You should certainly start WES as it takes time, besides, it doesn't disturb your preparation for IELTS so, no reason why you should stop one for the other.

I am in the process of registering my account with wes, i don't think they consider professional bodies like ACCA. It was not among the options under academic credentials.

Has anyone evaluated ACCA with wes before? Please let me know.

Thank you, any unilorite here?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by primeson1(m): 4:25pm On Mar 03, 2016
I think wes does not evaluate ACCA or ICAN

See this faq link http://www.wes.org/required/faq/nigeria.asp

And I think I need to send my OND transcripts too as I entered the University through direct entry. Thus, I started from 200 level.

Please JesusDWay, zondora, everybody, am I on the right track here?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by vcole: 4:44pm On Mar 03, 2016
So far, yea 400 minimum crs score translates to an Ontario EOI. however, due to glitches in the system some persons haven't gotten that even after scoring 400, they have been advised by the gurus here to delete their EE profile and re-enter and the invite came.
iceberg54:

Sorry vcole, i just got to know about ontario pnp...

Will ontario invite everyone that scores above 400 to apply for their PNP?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by iceberg54: 5:12pm On Mar 03, 2016
vcole:
So far, yea 400 minimum crs score translates to an Ontario EOI. however, due to glitches in the system some persons haven't gotten that even after scoring 400, they have been advised by the gurus here to delete their EE profile and re-enter and the invite came.

Oh!...okay bro. Thanks for your reply.

Does the invite come as soon as one enters the pool?

Or does it happen on specific dates like the normal EE invitation rounds?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Garykasparov: 5:22pm On Mar 03, 2016
primeson1:
And I think I need to send my OND transcripts too as I entered the University through direct entry. Thus, I started from 200 level.
primeson1:

primeson1:

I am in the process of registering my account with wes, i don't think they consider professional bodies like ACCA. It was not among the options under academic credentials.

Has anyone evaluated ACCA with wes before? Please let me know.

Thank you, any unilorite here?

WES assess ACCA qualification as equivalent of canadian 3yrs BSc for members and even inactive members of the professional body. This has been said many times here, thus clarified.

ICAN on the other hand, is assessed as 2yrs professional study, sadly, does not qualify as 2 post secondary qualification if an applicant intends to couple it with a BSc.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by SlowlybtSurely: 5:47pm On Mar 03, 2016
iceberg54:

Oh!...okay bro. Thanks for your reply.

Does the invite come as soon as one enters the pool?

Or does it happen on specific dates like the normal EE invitation rounds?

Give it from 1-7days from the day you enter the pool with atleast 400 CRS. If you still do not receive it, deactivate your account and create a new one.

No, it doesn't run like the EE ITA.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by iceberg54: 6:27pm On Mar 03, 2016
SlowlybtSurely:

Give it from 1-7days from the day you enter the pool with atleast 400 CRS. If you still do not receive it, deactivate your account and create a new one.

No, it doesn't run like the EE ITA.

Okay, thanks a lot.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by JesusDWay(m): 6:46pm On Mar 03, 2016
primeson1:

Just go ahead and register. Get school to send your transcripts and they should include copy of your certificate, quoting the reference number that WES would give you after you have paid. This is to let WES know the documents belong to you. Pay courier money to school for them to use courier to send it cuz WES will send back to school for verification. You need to know someone in school who will ensure school responds quickly to it so your evaluation can be done in time. As for ACCA, just send WES a copy of the notification of your result and ensure you quote your reference number on it. They will put the two together and let you know when your evaluation is ready. Don't bother about the OND, you will only be wasting your time
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by primeson1(m): 8:37pm On Mar 03, 2016
JesusDWay:

Just go ahead and register. Get school to send your transcripts and they should include copy of your certificate, quoting the reference number that WES would give you after you have paid. This is to let WES know the documents belong to you. Pay courier money to school for them to use courier to send it cuz WES will send back to school for verification. You need to know someone in school who will ensure school responds quickly to it so your evaluation can be done in time. As for ACCA, just send WES a copy of the notification of your result and ensure you quote your reference number on it. They will put the two together and let you know when your evaluation is ready. Don't bother about the OND, you will only be wasting your time

OK thank you. The reason I wanted to include the OND was because I used it for direct entry. Thanks for the clarification. Only Bsc will suffice then.

ACCA has not sent my notification of result since o. I just have only the email of the result. Infact, I can't access it online again as I am in the process of becoming a member. Passing the exams only made me an affiliate member.

I will write thier Nigeria office to see what can be done.

Thank you once again.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by primeson1(m): 8:41pm On Mar 03, 2016
Garykasparov:

WES assess ACCA qualification as equivalent of canadian 3yrs BSc for members and even inactive members of the professional body. This has been said many times here, thus clarified.

ICAN on the other hand, is assessed as 2yrs professional study, sadly, does not qualify as 2 post secondary qualification if an applicant intends to couple it with a BSc.

So ican is irrelevant here... Only acca then.
But I am still combining the ACCA with my Bsc and you said it's equivalent to 3 years Bsc. What's the essence of the acca then if it's the same as Bsc. Sorry for my questions o.

Thank you so much
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Zimex: 8:58pm On Mar 03, 2016
Fortissimo:

This thing tya me too o. Have u been able to pay? Been trying to moneygram the money to someone but it's so difficult.
I haven't o. Still looking for a way out
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by iphie25(f): 9:35pm On Mar 03, 2016
JesusDWay:

pls answer my question na abeg wink wink
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ssemire(f): 9:59pm On Mar 03, 2016
Good evening guys. I have a question. I have my RPRF outstanding. Does affect processing the application?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by zandora: 10:22pm On Mar 03, 2016
vcole:

No it doesn't. The fact that you score above 400 doesn't guarantee that Ontario will send you an EOI. They only choose a select few because they have a quota to fill. Now that they haven't started their 2016 program the EOI's have dried up.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by vcole: 2:24am On Mar 04, 2016
So EE profiles with minimum crs of 400 do not get Ontario EOI even when the program quota hasn't filled up? I thought Ontario had an automated system of picking out EE profiles amongst skilled workers with minimum crs of 400 who would then proceed to apply for a PNP and at that point the selection process occurs and successful applicants would get a nomination.
zandora:

No it doesn't. The fact that you score above 400 doesn't guarantee that Ontario will send you an EOI. They only choose a select few because they have a quota to fill. Now that they haven't started their 2016 program the EOI's have dried up.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by akanni(m): 2:55am On Mar 04, 2016
zandora:

you are right Zbabe, my sister has deleted her profile thrice now, no EOI from Ontario, she scored 401.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Flobzy4real: 4:27am On Mar 04, 2016
Hello everyone,

I have been reading the post and I am convinced that I can do the application myself. Please for the gurus in the house like Zandora, Jesus Day and the others. Does Wes evaluate Certificate or Diploma in IFRS from ACCA as a programme to boost one's point?

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Bcolah(f): 6:13am On Mar 04, 2016
zandora:

Do you mean for WES? If so then the answer is yes.

Hello Zandora, sorry I didn't mean for WES, it's for CIC i.e ITA Docs. Would notification of result work? It's for my hubby though I'm the principal applicant.

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by zandora: 8:51am On Mar 04, 2016
vcole:
So EE profiles with minimum crs of 400 do not get Ontario EOI even when the program quota hasn't filled up? I thought Ontario had an automated system of picking out EE profiles amongst skilled workers with minimum crs of 400 who would then proceed to apply for a PNP and at that point the selection process occurs and successful applicants would get a nomination.

Their 2015 quota would most likely have filled up by now and I heard they will start with 2016 by May/June.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by zandora: 8:53am On Mar 04, 2016
Bcolah:

Hello Zandora, sorry I didn't mean for WES, it's for CIC i.e ITA Docs. Would notification of result work? It's for my hubby though I'm the principal applicant.

Thanks.

I don't really know because I haven't heard of anyone submitting anything apart from their certificate. Nevertheless it may fly since he'll also be submitting his ECA however I'm not sure.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by mikol(m): 9:49am On Mar 04, 2016
Hello everyone and good morning to the whole house. I am trying to create an EE profile and its telling me ineligible. Tried to see what could have gone wrong some where. Without getting a clue. Maybe I should as this.....is this result not good for EE profile R6, S 6.5, W7, L6. HND in Elect/Elect Engineering. 39 yrs.
Your inputs will highly be appreciated.
Thanks all.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by mikol(m): 9:50am On Mar 04, 2016
Hello everyone and good morning to the whole house. I am trying to create an EE profile and its telling me ineligible. Tried to see what could have gone wrong some where....Without getting a clue. Maybe I should as this.....is this result not good for EE profile R6, S 6.5, W7, L6. HND in Elect/Elect Engineering. 39 yrs.
Thanks all.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 10:04am On Mar 04, 2016
It is possible you did not get up to 67 points in order to be qualified for FSW. It will be difficult to know why you are ineligible except you provide more details. Based on the information you supplied, I am thinking it is your IELTS that is letting you down. You can however use the link below to determine your eligibility.
http://onlineservices-servicesenligne.cic.gc.ca/eapp/eapp.do

mikol:
Hello everyone and good morning to the whole house. I am trying to create an EE profile and its telling me ineligible. Tried to see what could have gone wrong some where....Without getting a clue. Maybe I should as this.....is this result not good for EE profile R6, S 6.5, W7, L6. HND in Elect/Elect Engineering. 39 yrs.
Thanks all.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by hartson(m): 10:33am On Mar 04, 2016
mikol:
Thanks all.

your ielts report score is quite low.note that each band has a score point e.g 6 is 4 point,6.5 is 5 then 7 is 6 so in your case you have 4+4+5+6=19 the logic there is that you have to score atleast 21 out of the 24 max points aloted for English assessment or score 8777 you will have a good chance
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by nadina: 12:05pm On Mar 04, 2016
Good day everyone..Please I need advice. My husband recently received ITA, but we are having a challenge paying the application fees due to the current CBN ban. I was wondering if it's possible to send the money through money gram to a friend in Canada to help us pay the fees.. If it's possible, what is the procedure? Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 4watever: 1:15pm On Mar 04, 2016
This CIC people sef.
I am an FSW 2014 applicant. Medical results received since Sept 2015.

I didn't hear from them untill this week. I got a mail on Tuesday asking me to resend my statement of account along with the update form 5669 (background declaration)

This will be the third time am submitting acct statement.

First in 2014 along with initial application, secondly in Sept when I sent my medical results, the statement was requested for again. At that time (sept), I had almost double the required amount in my acct (Acct A).

After I submitted in sept, I didn't hear from them again. So I transferred some of the money out (for personal reasons) around January 2016. The remaining balance was still above the required amount. Later on when the money returned, I had it paid into another of my bank accounts (Acct B)

Now I got a mail from them on Tuesday asking for a bank statement and updated form 5669.

The remaining balance in the original acct (Acct A) is still more than the required amount by abt 100k even after using marked up figures

$12, 000 * 150 = 1.8m

(Actual amount required is $11, 931 & CAD rate is less than 150)

The question is : Should I use the Acct A statement as it is or should I transfer from Acct B acct into Acct A to consolidate and double the amount required?

cc

zandora

Jesusdway

tola73

others

(1) (2) (3) ... (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) ... (821)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.