Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,008 members, 7,821,538 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:37 PM

Pain Of The Minority In Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pain Of The Minority In Nigeria (694 Views)

A Conspiracy To Annihilate The Minority Christians In The North(graphic Pix) / Ebonyi Assembly Suspends The Minority Leader, Honourable Maria Ude Nwachi / You Cannot Reasonably Be A Minority In Your Ancestral Land -radio Biafra (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pain Of The Minority In Nigeria by willbob(m): 11:24am On Sep 26, 2015
With no intension of tribalism. I want to talk about the pain of the minority tribes.
It is quite disheartening when you see the likes of Reminisce , Olamide and Phyno make music in their mother tongues, attaining fame and wealth. I am not against it. The things is that they aren't the most talented , they are just lucky to come from major tribes. Hence, they have enough audience.
Imagine, If I hit the recording studio to make a song in my dialect . I will be well understood by less than 3,000 people.
I may be the best rapper or singer. But without the audience I am nothing .
Other areas where the minority suffer are:.
1. Social media
2. Entertainment industry in general.

In conclusion, I want to say the minority suffer a lot of disadvantages .

Insults are welcomed .
Re: Pain Of The Minority In Nigeria by Mogidi: 11:32am On Sep 26, 2015
willbob:
With no intension of tribalism. I want to talk about the pain of the minority tribes.
It is quite disheartening when you see the likes of Reminisce , Olamide and Phyno make music in their mother tongues, attaining fame and wealth. I am not against it. The things is that they aren't the most talented , they are just lucky to come from major tribes. Hence, they have enough audience.
Imagine, If hit the recording studio to make a song in my dialect . I will be well understood by less than 3,000 people.
I may be the best rapper or singer. But without the audience I nothing .
1. Social media

Insults are welcomed .
This is why some of us are fighting for an end to this geographical expression called Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pain Of The Minority In Nigeria by doublewisdom: 11:41am On Sep 26, 2015
willbob:
Imagine, If hit the recording studio to make a song in my dialect . I will be well understood by less than 3,000 people.
I may be the best rapper or singer. But without the audience I nothing .
1. Social media

Insults are welcomed .
I disagree with you. Edna ogoli na Isoko, The branama crooner was Urhobo . So many other examples. Everything na packaging.
Re: Pain Of The Minority In Nigeria by ukaegbuikedia: 11:42am On Sep 26, 2015
Nigeria is a conglomerate of black africans joined together to satisfy the british selfish interest.

The essence of federelism with a written constitution is to protect the right of minority from the majority tribe,but its not working.

The best solution is to divide the 'weak' nation through a peaceful refrendom.
Re: Pain Of The Minority In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:43am On Sep 26, 2015
One day all this will be an issue of the past.... The Nigerian dream.
Re: Pain Of The Minority In Nigeria by zendy: 11:49am On Sep 26, 2015
willbob:
Imagine, If I hit the recording studio to make a song in my dialect . I will be well understood by less than 3,000 people.
I may be the best rapper or singer. But without the audience I am nothing .
1. Social media

Insults are welcomed .

It's unfortunate how Nigeria is constituted. A country with 3 huge majorities and many Minorities. Someone born in any of the minorities is already disadvantaged at birth but that by no means doesn't mean they won't make it in life.
Re: Pain Of The Minority In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:50am On Sep 26, 2015
Naah i disagree OP it has nothing to do with language.Even if you sing in a less popular language, it can still make more sense than the songs in yoruba. I've listened to soo many songs i have no idea what the mcs are saying. Stromae is a good example
Re: Pain Of The Minority In Nigeria by willbob(m): 12:01pm On Sep 26, 2015
doublewisdom:

I disagree with you. Edna ogoli na Isoko, The branama crooner was Urhobo . So many other examples. Everything na packaging.
I know packaging is important. But there is what we call minority of minority. You get me?
Re: Pain Of The Minority In Nigeria by brize(m): 12:13pm On Sep 26, 2015
kingsolex:
One day all this will be an issue of the past.... The Nigerian dream.
since 1914? Oh how i wish that one day should be reduced to half day
Re: Pain Of The Minority In Nigeria by willbob(m): 12:52pm On Sep 26, 2015
Cc: lalasticlala

(1) (Reply)

Total Eclipse Of The Moon In Nigeria, Others / EXCLUSIVE - Oil Swap Deal: The Real Reason Alison-madueke Was Arrested / Nigeria Receives $2.3 Billion From US For Poverty Alleviation - Vangaurd

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.