Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,652 members, 7,809,467 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:04 AM

What's A Woman's Duty In Marriage? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What's A Woman's Duty In Marriage? (17383 Views)

How Open Should One Be In Marriage? / What Exactly Is A Man's Duty In The Home Nowadays / How to Ask Your Girlfriend's Parents For Her Hand in Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's A Woman's Duty In Marriage? by Nobody: 5:36pm On Apr 17, 2009
kanayo this woman is your wife . . . you shldnt be feeling bad to do stuff for her when she's carrying your baby.

1 Like

Re: What's A Woman's Duty In Marriage? by blacksta(m): 5:40pm On Apr 17, 2009
@poster

you so foolish - did you not test before you bought. u don hammer be that
Re: What's A Woman's Duty In Marriage? by nguage(m): 5:41pm On Apr 17, 2009
What I find wrong with this is the fact that husbands and wives have defined roles. Even more saddening is the fact that you speak of these roles using terms like "agreement reached, and breached" that suggests your wife to be a business partner.

Granted I've never been married, but my common sense tells me there's something wrong when married couples have to spell out terms and deal with each other like business partners.

Try seeing things from her POV, I'm pretty sure your wife didn't just wake up one morning and decide to be a rebel. Maybe the roles you "assigned" to her were more than she could handle, maybe she's not happy with you and that's her own way of getting back at you, maybe she's having problems at her job. This looks like what happens when couples don't talk. Communication is never overrated.

1 Like

Re: What's A Woman's Duty In Marriage? by JJYOU: 5:45pm On Apr 17, 2009
davidylan:

kanayo this woman is your wife . . . you shldnt be feeling bad to do stuff for her when she's carrying your baby.
thank you my bros. i always trust you to tell the truth. help me tell our brother o. i cant beleive a pregnant woman is expected to bend down and wash someone clothes  this day and age.  kanayo no tell me say you dey lagos i would recommend your deportation to the village.

if the girl papa never chop your dowry you deserve a refund.  if you dey young you get this kind mind only God knows what u will do when reach fifty.

n-guage:

What I find wrong with this is the fact that husbands and wives have defined roles. Even more saddening is the fact that you speak of these roles using terms like "agreement reached, and breached" that suggests your wife to be a business partner.

Granted I've never been married, but my common sense tells me there's something wrong when married couples have to spell out terms and deal with each other like business partners.

Try seeing things from her POV, I'm pretty sure your wife didn't just wake up one morning and decide to be a rebel. Maybe the roles you "assigned" to her were more than she could handle, maybe she's not happy with you and that's her own way of getting back at you, maybe she's having problems at her job. This looks like what happens when couples don't talk. Communication is never overrated.
oga sister get belle and he be like say na kanayo get the belle. so help me tell kanayo to do the NEEDFULL.

1 Like

Re: What's A Woman's Duty In Marriage? by nguage(m): 5:49pm On Apr 17, 2009
Oh, so your wife is pregnant? See this yeye man o. shocked grin

No seriously, you better learn to start sweeping and washing diapers. I mean she's carrying your baby, you should be eager to give her massages every night instead of complaining about roles and agreements.

1 Like

Re: What's A Woman's Duty In Marriage? by Nobody: 5:57pm On Apr 17, 2009
I guess the poster is wondering why she is always fed but isn't ready to cook for him as well. It seems the women doesn't mind cooking when it comes to her alone. Perharps your meals recquire a major effort from her! undecided
Re: What's A Woman's Duty In Marriage? by LadyT(f): 6:09pm On Apr 17, 2009
My mother suffered from severe morning sickness with all her pregnancies she often had to stay in hospital weeks at a time. She also continued vomiting right up until the day she gave birth. So some women do get very sick while pregnant. But in saying that we were never hungry and the house was always clean but that's my mum she works too hard.

I do feel if a wife is a housewife then that's her job to care for the house but that does not mean the husband should not help or apreciate what his wife is doing. But her being pregnant may be an underlining factor especially when shes not behaved like this before.

@Poster I can understand you are annoyed. But please just talk to her and express how you feel.

wink
Re: What's A Woman's Duty In Marriage? by RichyBlacK(m): 6:10pm On Apr 17, 2009
n-guage:

Oh, so your wife is pregnant? See this yeye man o. shocked grin

No seriously, you better learn to start sweeping and washing diapers. I mean she's carrying your baby, you should be eager to give her massages every night instead of complaining about roles and agreements.

The fact that she's pregnant is no excuse to sleep morning, afternoon and night, or sit and watch TV all day. Moving around and doing some house chores is good for the woman's overall health. Being pregnant is not a disability! If she just sits and do nothing but sleep, eat and sh%t, she'll only gain weight and later become obese.

Unfortunately, this man made a bad choice in marriage. That there other women who would not be as lazy as his wife is clearly not in doubt. Except she adjusts her attitude, this marriage is headed for the rocks.
Re: What's A Woman's Duty In Marriage? by LadyT(f): 6:21pm On Apr 17, 2009
RichyBlacK:

The fact that she's pregnant is no excuse to sleep morning, afternoon and night, or sit and watch TV all day. Moving around and doing some house chores is good for the woman's overall health. Being pregnant is not a disability! If she just sits and do nothing but sleep, eat and sh%t, she'll only gain weight and later become obese.

Unfortunately, this man made a bad choice in marriage. That there other women who would not be as lazy as his wife is clearly not in doubt. Except she adjusts her attitude, this marriage is headed for the rocks.

You need a hot slap. If you dont know anything dont type. angry

1 Like

Re: What's A Woman's Duty In Marriage? by begunatoye(m): 6:29pm On Apr 17, 2009
I think it is good for Married couples to follow God's guidelines in dealing with each other. This does not mean there will be no problem but it will surely be few and easily resolved
Re: What's A Woman's Duty In Marriage? by JJYOU: 6:39pm On Apr 17, 2009
RichyBlacK:

mmm what can i say all because a woman is pregnant. what if this lady is not well sir? different women react differently when pregnant.

there is more to a good marriage than food and washing of clothes bros. we are first and foremost human beings. it is within our gift to show love and understanding.

1 Like

Re: What's A Woman's Duty In Marriage? by LadyT(f): 6:41pm On Apr 17, 2009
JJYOU:

mmm what can i say all because a woman is pregnant. what if this lady is not well sir? different women react differently when pregnant.

there is more to a good marriage than food and washing of clothes bros. we are first and foremost human beings. it is within our gift to show love and understanding.

Well said!

kiss
Re: What's A Woman's Duty In Marriage? by MaiSuya(m): 7:00pm On Apr 17, 2009
JJYOU:

Applies to both the husband and wife
Re: What's A Woman's Duty In Marriage? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 7:06pm On Apr 17, 2009
Your mates have washing machines, you're still there with water and omo looking for a cleaner

1 Like

Re: What's A Woman's Duty In Marriage? by tpia: 7:18pm On Apr 17, 2009
Re: What's A Woman's Duty In Marriage? by minute(f): 7:48pm On Apr 17, 2009
Today . . . . Duties are shared and we are both on the

same level. We share the cleaning,the cooking . . . . .everything.
Re: What's A Woman's Duty In Marriage? by Ilelobola: 7:50pm On Apr 17, 2009
RichyBlacK:

Pregnancy is not a disability- True. However it can be extremely exhausting and crippling for the woman to varying extents. This isn't about having made a bad choice in marriage or not, it's about him being more understanding (and you might want to take note yourself just in case you haven't had a pregnant partner) and come out of the stone age where husbands and wives had defined roles.

@ Poster
Please avoid over stuffing yourself too may times before going home as I used to hate it when my husband returned from work saying he'd eaten out. It will only store up bad belle for later. Like someone said before, it's only for a few months; well, depending on how understanding baby turns out to be. Also try to take a leaf from Chaircover's husband, it will only help ur marriage.

1 Like

Re: What's A Woman's Duty In Marriage? by Ifez: 8:11pm On Apr 17, 2009
I am a Nairaland newbie and this is the first message that caught my eye when I signed in.
After going through all the posts, I can't help but agree with many of the female posters.
The lady is pregnant, the husband has to understand. It's almost like being sick--she can't help herself. Hubby should try and be more supportive. Next time, don't get her pregnant and she will be healthy enough to wash your clothes! End of story.

1 Like

Re: What's A Woman's Duty In Marriage? by JJYOU: 8:33pm On Apr 17, 2009
ThiefOfHearts:

Your mates have washing machines, you're still there with water and omo looking for a cleaner
pls tell him for me.
tpia:

OP

the woman's duty is the same as the man's.

gosh, some of you can complain sha!!!!!
say it again one more time.
Re: What's A Woman's Duty In Marriage? by Nobody: 8:48pm On Apr 17, 2009
@ Poster, she's lazy cos she does nothing and selfish cos she makes sure that she remains healthy for her child. WOW! Would you prefer her to wait for you to come home and cook her a meal, what will you call her then? Please think of someone other than yourself and your wife might just remember you in the equation instead of focusing on her child. Besides, i thot marriage was for better or worse, or is that said for fancy!

1 Like

Re: What's A Woman's Duty In Marriage? by RichyBlacK(m): 9:04pm On Apr 17, 2009
LadyT:

You need a hot slap. If you dont know anything dont type.   angry

Just keep enjoying the anonymity the web provides. You think if you slap me in real life I'll be the "gentleman" and smile? The retaliatory slap, after shifting your jaw, will make you think twice before exhibiting market women traits in public. Slap who?

@poster,
Being pregnant is no disability. A lazy woman is a lazy woman. If she has some other health problems, then she needs special attention, however, if she wants to use her pregnancy to just do nothing all day, then you're an unlucky man. I see pregnant women go to work everyday and put in their time. I've seen pregnant teachers, nurses, TV hostesses, etc. Differentiating laziness from pregnancy is not rocket science.

Holly Willoughby: Pregnant and working

"The very pregnant actress (Angelina Jolie) brought Zahara and Shiloh . . .". (While some lazy Naija women will just sit at home doing nothing all day.)
Re: What's A Woman's Duty In Marriage? by bluesky4(f): 9:06pm On Apr 17, 2009
eh, so ur complaining that your wife is pregnant, welll u havent seen anything yet, just wait till the baby comes, it will get worse. LOL
Re: What's A Woman's Duty In Marriage? by Lady2(f): 9:07pm On Apr 17, 2009
Kanayo,

I've never been pregnant but have been around enough pregnant women to know that each one deals with it differently. I have two cousins, one with a baby already, and the other is still preggers.

Both of them had a rough time in the beginning of their pregnancy, especially because it is their first. I remember them crying their eyes out almost all the time. The one with the baby already, kept hitting her husband for no reason. Then she'll stop and give this blank stare and start crying and apologising. It was weird. And it got even more weird. The second one could hardly walk. Both had to give up working as they kept ending up in the hospital. Pregnancy is stressful.
Also she didn't get pregnant by herself you caused it. She has to bear the pain with her body, you too can help in sharing that pain.

1 Like

Re: What's A Woman's Duty In Marriage? by bluesky4(f): 9:08pm On Apr 17, 2009
RichyBlacK:

Just keep enjoying the anonymity the web provides. You think if you slap me in real life I'll be the "gentleman" and smile? The retaliatory slap, after shifting your jaw, will make you think twice before exhibiting market women traits in public. Slap who?

@poster,
Being pregnant is no disability. A lazy woman is a lazy woman. If she has some other health problems, then she needs special attention, however, if she wants to use her pregnancy to just do nothing all day, then you're an unlucky man. I see pregnant women go to work everyday and put in their time. I've seen pregnant teachers, nurses, TV hostesses, etc. Differentiating laziness from pregnancy is not rocket science.

Holly Willoughby: Pregnant and working

He has not mentioned how far gone she is, have u not heard of maternity leave Holly Wiloughboy does look fab in that pic, but she is not that far gone to not be working.
Re: What's A Woman's Duty In Marriage? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 9:13pm On Apr 17, 2009
Lmao since when is judging dancing contests "working" and who wants to bet this Holly person has maids and nannies

Such a stupid example.

1 Like

Re: What's A Woman's Duty In Marriage? by SisiJinx: 9:13pm On Apr 17, 2009
Please consult this guide for the duties of a woman in Marriage

[img]http://3.bp..com/_YOXRxlfU0S8/SP1lURx6ZSI/AAAAAAAAADs/jb9kuDO5TkU/s1600/housewife.jpg[/img]

Thank you. smiley
Re: What's A Woman's Duty In Marriage? by LadyT(f): 9:17pm On Apr 17, 2009
Richy you're wack please get lost.  We all know a coward like you could not handle a real Nigerian woman thats why you sit here talking crap.  

Its daft men like you who spoil it for the others.

Eran igbe

cheesy
Re: What's A Woman's Duty In Marriage? by SisiJinx: 9:21pm On Apr 17, 2009
rockhaven:

AGREED women reacts differently in pregnancy.it is not healthy for her and d  baby to sloth around,if she is sick she needs to be treated.the woman is designed for pregnancy and so need not be a big deal just  like a  man  is designed to do the pounding.

Pounding what. . . her to a pulp?
Re: What's A Woman's Duty In Marriage? by LadyT(f): 9:23pm On Apr 17, 2009
Sisi Jinx:

Pounding what. . . her to a pulp? 

Thats what a real man does.
Re: What's A Woman's Duty In Marriage? by JJYOU: 9:34pm On Apr 17, 2009
Sisi Jinx:

Please consult this guide for the duties of a woman in Marriage

[img]http://3.bp..com/_YOXRxlfU0S8/SP1lURx6ZSI/AAAAAAAAADs/jb9kuDO5TkU/s1600/housewife.jpg[/img]

Thank you. smiley
sisi, nawa for you. you just disappeared.  where have you been?  you see what you caused.  this is the result of your failure to continue your write up on being the good wife.

where wazzz you when your country women needed you?

we shall take our passport from you.

welcome and God bless
ThiefOfHearts:

Lmao since when is judging dancing contests "working" and who wants to bet this Holly person has maids and nannies

Such a stupid example.
you guys make me believe the nigerian man will never be a fool forever.  richy dont know holly dont know the cost of her tooth paste and  brush let alone put that cloth on all by herself.  there is no way she will not have at least 3 paid hangers on that is excluding freinds and family.

he is here blabbing as if poverty and wickedness are the new  virtues. some people will never stop excusing stupidity.

when this bobo first came here he never mentioned preggars until he was outed by one of eagle eyes.

@ALL, what does kanayo mean in ibo pls?
Re: What's A Woman's Duty In Marriage? by nguage(m): 9:36pm On Apr 17, 2009
LadyT:

Eran igbe

cheesy

Grandma!
Re: What's A Woman's Duty In Marriage? by LadyT(f): 9:40pm On Apr 17, 2009
n-guage:

Grandma!

tongue grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Divorce In Nigeria / If Your Husband Has A Child Out Of Wedlock / What Is The Funniest Thing You Did When You Were Still A Child??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.