Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,963 members, 7,817,837 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:48 PM

What's A Woman's Duty In Marriage? - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What's A Woman's Duty In Marriage? (17399 Views)

How Open Should One Be In Marriage? / What Exactly Is A Man's Duty In The Home Nowadays / How to Ask Your Girlfriend's Parents For Her Hand in Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's A Woman's Duty In Marriage? by prittigrrr(f): 8:28pm On Apr 27, 2009
Pregnancy is different for different women and different in the same woman with each pregnancy. I was pregnant only once and I lost the baby. I was sick EVERY DAY, all day, beginning on the 8th day after conception. It was the most miserable time of my life. I could barely work and I could only eat a few things. This went on for 4 months and then I lost the baby. No one uses pregnancy as an excuse. It can be miserable! I had fibroids that caused me to lose the baby. I also was under great stress. Go easy on your wife. How would you feel if she lost the baby due partly to stress from you?

1 Like

Re: What's A Woman's Duty In Marriage? by invisible2(m): 8:49pm On Apr 27, 2009
Sorry about the loss, most men I know wont force their wive to do stressful jobs during pregnancy. Men are humane most times.
Re: What's A Woman's Duty In Marriage? by prittigrrr(f): 2:25am On Apr 28, 2009
Thanx for the kind words but the stress was from the r/s, not the job.
Re: What's A Woman's Duty In Marriage? by JJYOU: 1:23pm On Apr 28, 2009
JJYOU

WHY I NO GO TALK

i see you fight for the right of women.

remember that in Africa we have our cultural values

development should not erode that.

ask older women they will tell you that Pregnancy is not ment to make a woman lazy

but is what shows that u are a complete woman and the duties expected of you should be done.

remain focused and dedicated in all u do.

JJYOU u sound nice
no one need to fight for women's right my brother. just do whatis right that is all the better society ask for. do you think that is too much to ask for oga?

remember that in Africa we have our cultural values

development should not erode that

being calous, wicked and not loving is never an acceptable excuse for upholding cultural values. i am all for a man eating trust me i love my food remember the first place to show love is your homes not to outsiders.

what is the meaning of kanayo?
Re: What's A Woman's Duty In Marriage? by kanayo74(m): 6:15am On Apr 29, 2009
jjyou
kanayo is short form of kanayochukwu means let bet God, He will show us his goodness.

for me women should be responsible in marriage and carry their spouse along when they face any difficult or strannge situations
Re: What's A Woman's Duty In Marriage? by Nobody: 10:13am On Apr 29, 2009
Re: What's A Woman's Duty In Marriage? by JJYOU: 12:36pm On Apr 29, 2009
kanayo74:

jjyou
kanayo is short form of kanayochukwu means let bet God, He will show us his goodness.

for me women should be responsible in marriage and carry their spouse along when they face any difficult or strannge situations
how can it ever be the responsibility of a woman to carry a difficult person along? the bible said he that desire a friend must make himself friendly.

try make your mrs comfortable in her own home you may begin to enjoy her.

most people answer to whatever you name them. call her a queen a queen you get in your house. call her a fool and expect a wise woman.
Re: What's A Woman's Duty In Marriage? by realcele: 11:34pm On May 03, 2009
1. A slave
2. the tail and not the end
3. must always satistfy the desire of her husband no matter what.
4. cleaner
5. Never sleep until the husband is back
6. Pray for the safe return of the husband either from work or mistress.
7. Assist the husband with mistresses if that is what he wants and even find him one
9. Take care of the kids
10. Satisfy her in-laws
11.and much more from the wish list of the husband.
Re: What's A Woman's Duty In Marriage? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 11:47pm On May 03, 2009
Rofl grin grin grin
Re: What's A Woman's Duty In Marriage? by realcele: 12:29am On May 04, 2009
Don't mind your wife you can show her this so she might understand her role a bit

Re: What's A Woman's Duty In Marriage? by kanayo74(m): 1:36pm On May 06, 2009
different stroke for different folks if u can see the picture above.
the women are doing it happily and without complians
Re: What's A Woman's Duty In Marriage? by invisible2(m): 5:02pm On May 06, 2009
For the woman to get her full rights, respects, love and care from men, they should first be loyal, humble, honest, submissive, supportive and humane. All other things shall be added unto her.
Re: What's A Woman's Duty In Marriage? by kanayo74(m): 10:44am On May 11, 2009
invisible
i agree with you that a woman needs the qualities u stated.
but how many of them are ready to do that?
thats food for thought>

Treat every woman the way she treats you at least that will reduce anger and trouble mind.

life is short so my fellow men Enjoy it to the fullest
Re: What's A Woman's Duty In Marriage? by namun(f): 8:33pm On May 13, 2009
men should also learn to change diapers
Re: What's A Woman's Duty In Marriage? by kanayo74(m): 10:03am On May 19, 2010
what is it in changing diapers,

i do change diapers at home and there is no big deal to that.

naturally there are jobs which women should do.

does it mean a man should be a fool for a woman.

in a case where a man cant provide for the family

the woman mouth runs like an open tap calling the man all sorts of names

but in their own case when they do something wrong, they say

it natural for a woman to make mistake
Re: What's A Woman's Duty In Marriage? by harakiri(m): 5:37am On Oct 31, 2010
First of all, she doesn't have to be married to him so you can rephrase the question as such :

WHAT IS A WOMAN'S DUTY TO A MAN?

Ans : To have seXxX with and produce heirs.

Period! ! !

Anything else is Hollywood fantasy and a waste of time.
Re: What's A Woman's Duty In Marriage? by sexy74(m): 11:33am On Nov 01, 2010
@ harakiri
why do u say every other thing is waste of time?
Sincerely a man should not expect anything from a woman.
Women are naturally self centeres.
As i always say blessed is he that expects nothing for he will never be disappointed.
Re: What's A Woman's Duty In Marriage? by Nobody: 3:54am On Aug 13, 2011
assist your husband
Re: What's A Woman's Duty In Marriage? by joesQ(f): 1:06pm On Jul 26, 2012
n-guage:
What I find wrong with this is the fact that husbands and wives have defined roles. Even more saddening is the fact that you speak of these roles using terms like "agreement reached, and breached" that suggests your wife to be a business partner.

Granted I've never been married, but my common sense tells me there's something wrong when married couples have to spell out terms and deal with each other like business partners.

Try seeing things from her POV, I'm pretty sure your wife didn't just wake up one morning and decide to be a rebel. Maybe the roles you "assigned" to her were more than she could handle, maybe she's not happy with you and that's her own way of getting back at you, maybe she's having problems at her job. This looks like what happens when couples don't talk. Communication is never overrated.
true tlk n gage i suspected something like this probably uv wronged her in the past nd she wants to get back @ u,i suggest u show her love nd av a heart to heart talk with her i bet u she'l change her ways nd do d little she can.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Divorce In Nigeria / If Your Husband Has A Child Out Of Wedlock / 23-year-old Mechanic Disappears, Family Seeks Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.