Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,751 members, 7,820,588 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:43 PM

The US Congressman Who Stole The Pope’s Water Glass And Drank From It - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The US Congressman Who Stole The Pope’s Water Glass And Drank From It (1062 Views)

Ameh Ebute On Tom Marino: "FG, Lodge Formal Complaint Against US Congressman" / Breaking: Ex-us Congressman Renews Call For Biafra Referendum / FG To US Congressman Man Morino:you Are Poorly Inform About Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The US Congressman Who Stole The Pope’s Water Glass And Drank From It by Nobody: 2:14pm On Sep 26, 2015
Thou shalt not steal is a pretty central tenet of the Bible. But it seems Rep. Bob Brady (D-Pa.) couldn’t resist the temptation to swipe the water glass that touched the lips of Pope Francis. Yes, on Thursday, while other lawmakers were distracted with the pope’s departure from the House chamber, Brady sneaked up to the lectern and snatched the glass used by His Holiness, the Philadelphia Daily News first reported. He carefully carried the glass, still half full, back to his office where he sipped the water and then passed it around to his wife and two staffers. Later, he invited Sen. Bob Casey (D-Pa.) to his office, who, along with his wife and mother, dipped his fingers in the water. Casey’s office confirmed this was true. Rep. Bob Brady drinks from Pope Francis' water glass and shares it with his staff: http:///72dtuZy6gm pic.twitter.com/gb5yV06Fr1 — ABC News (@ABC) September 25, 2015 Turns out this is not Brady’s first water glass heist. He also took the glass used by President Obama at his first inauguration. Brady called us Friday afternoon (we had so many questions) to clear up some things. First things first, he plans to pay for the glass he stole from Capitol Hill property. He’s asked the House Architect for a bill. They apparently laughed, but he’s going to send a check. He’s since emptied the water into a bottle. He plans to use it to bless his grandchildren. Now, as we understand it, and please correct us if we’re wrong, unless the pope actually blessed the liquid it’s not technically holy water. But Brady told us he “could care less” what we thought. “Anything the pope touches becomes blessed,” he said. “I think so and no one is going to change my mind.” The glass itself he’s sending to forensics to be dusted for prints. (Really.) He wants it authenticated. Anyone can say they own a glass used by the pope. He’ll then put the empty glass in his curio cabinet at home next to the Obama glass, which he also had tested by Philadelphia police. You can still faintly see the president’s fingerprints, he said. He didn’t drink out of Obama’s glass though. Because that was purely political, he explained. This was spiritual. www.washingtonpost.com/news/powerpost/wp/2015/09/25/the-congressman-who-stole-the-popes-water-glass-and-drank-from-it/ cc lalasticlala ishilove

Re: The US Congressman Who Stole The Pope’s Water Glass And Drank From It by ricsman(m): 2:14pm On Sep 26, 2015
everybody want to be blessed

only if I may but drink from his cup I will be made whole

1 Like

Re: The US Congressman Who Stole The Pope’s Water Glass And Drank From It by agarawu23(m): 2:15pm On Sep 26, 2015
OK
Re: The US Congressman Who Stole The Pope’s Water Glass And Drank From It by 175(m): 2:16pm On Sep 26, 2015
Low Self Esteem.
Re: The US Congressman Who Stole The Pope’s Water Glass And Drank From It by Ohammadike: 2:18pm On Sep 26, 2015
If I was there I would have stolen it including the Pope sef

4 Likes

Re: The US Congressman Who Stole The Pope’s Water Glass And Drank From It by SLIDEwaxie(m): 2:32pm On Sep 26, 2015
overblown nonsense
Re: The US Congressman Who Stole The Pope’s Water Glass And Drank From It by osesology(m): 2:42pm On Sep 26, 2015
Well...his beliefs, his business
Re: The US Congressman Who Stole The Pope’s Water Glass And Drank From It by Dbboy(m): 2:45pm On Sep 26, 2015
SLIDEwaxie:
overblown nonsense

sorry to disappoint you this not pa adeboye we are talking about but the POPE, THE POPE I REPEAT THE POPE THERE IS NOTHING AS HOLY AS HIS HOLINESS, I LONG TO TOUCH HIS CLOAK.

7 Likes

Re: The US Congressman Who Stole The Pope’s Water Glass And Drank From It by seunmsg(m): 3:08pm On Sep 26, 2015
Dbboy:

sorry to disappoint you this not pa adeboye we are talking about but the POPE, THE POPE I REPEAT THE POPE THERE IS NOTHING AS HOLY AS HIS HOLINESS, I LONG TO TOUCH HIS CLOAK.

He is as human as every other person.
Re: The US Congressman Who Stole The Pope’s Water Glass And Drank From It by Dbboy(m): 3:14pm On Sep 26, 2015
seunmsg:

He is as human as every other person.

HE IS HUMAN YES WE KNOW BUT DONT FORGET HE IS THE POPE SO THAT TRANSCEND JUST BEEN HUMAN.

4 Likes

Re: The US Congressman Who Stole The Pope’s Water Glass And Drank From It by alexis007(m): 3:58pm On Sep 26, 2015
A congressman did this?and you tell me that superstition is limited to Africa alone?

Unless he did it for attention purposes. Else I am more in touch with reality than Bob Brady.

(1) (Reply)

Potential Danger!! Transformer Submerged In Rain Water In PH (Photos) / Ministerial Nominee List: Who Is A Technocrat? / Check Out This Classic Response To Ambode's Tweet - CramJones

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.