Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,179 members, 7,821,987 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:51 PM

#60,000 Salary Job Or Masters Degree? Please Advise Me - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / #60,000 Salary Job Or Masters Degree? Please Advise Me (29466 Views)

"N300k Job Or I Won't Work" - Slay Queen, Chinny Okekki (Photos) / Masters Degree Holder Hunts For Job On The Street (Photo) / 120,000NAIRA Salary Job With A Private Firm Or Salary Below 100,000 With FCSC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: #60,000 Salary Job Or Masters Degree? Please Advise Me by deadZONE: 9:47am On Sep 28, 2015
embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
life is hard... only losers Go to school,

Bleep the masters go and get paid....

3 Likes

Re: #60,000 Salary Job Or Masters Degree? Please Advise Me by tetralogyfallot(m): 9:47am On Sep 28, 2015
h
Re: #60,000 Salary Job Or Masters Degree? Please Advise Me by ayobase(m): 9:47am On Sep 28, 2015
M.sc? Nobody cares about that for now.

Most people that go for M.sc are those who couldn't secure a job, thus for not wasting time.

I know people with M.sc today with less than 60k per month job and I know some with Msc with more than 60K per month.

I have been to interviews where people without Msc get employed over Msc holders.

Companies need assets, someone without experience, but with Msc competing with someone with experience and without Msc might not stand a chance.

my brother, experience is the key.
Msc can come along the way as u take up professional courses as well.

God is ur strength.

1 Like

Re: #60,000 Salary Job Or Masters Degree? Please Advise Me by passionate88: 9:48am On Sep 28, 2015
What do you want to do?.
Re: #60,000 Salary Job Or Masters Degree? Please Advise Me by Bollinger(m): 9:48am On Sep 28, 2015
brightballer:
I just got a job of 60k where I will resume next month. I had concluded plans for my MSc and had already collected forms from two schools. What should I do when I eventually got admitted? Please your sincere suggestions and advice. Lalasticlala, davide470, uboma pls I need this urgently.

A breast in hand is worth two in the bra.

1 Like

Re: #60,000 Salary Job Or Masters Degree? Please Advise Me by adjoviomole(m): 9:48am On Sep 28, 2015
Depend only on education @ ur own peril.

Some ppl are comfortable building other other ppl'S dream all der life (employed).

As for me, I am quitting my job by december, its time I start building my own dreams too.
Goodluck to u anyways @ op. Just pray to God to give u the idea dat will make money.

1 Like

Re: #60,000 Salary Job Or Masters Degree? Please Advise Me by jgbemson1: 9:49am On Sep 28, 2015
i dont mind if u can give a friend of mine d job and u can go and proceed with ur Msc
Re: #60,000 Salary Job Or Masters Degree? Please Advise Me by Nobody: 9:49am On Sep 28, 2015
In same state? Then do your masters as part time and the full time job.

brightballer:
I just got a job of 60k where I will resume next month. I had concluded plans for my MSc and had already collected forms from two schools. What should I do when I eventually got admitted? Please your sincere suggestions and advice. Lalasticlala, davide470, uboma pls I need this urgently.
Re: #60,000 Salary Job Or Masters Degree? Please Advise Me by mrabula39(m): 9:50am On Sep 28, 2015
go for the job ,,,simple
Re: #60,000 Salary Job Or Masters Degree? Please Advise Me by Nobody: 9:50am On Sep 28, 2015
Re: #60,000 Salary Job Or Masters Degree? Please Advise Me by hadura29(m): 9:53am On Sep 28, 2015
Rumpelstiltskin:
Is it a job that will provide opportunity for advancement? Do you have a passion for the job you're being offered? If you eventually get admitted, can you 'conveniently' finance your Master programme?

The decision is up to you to make. Just remember that the master degree programme will always be open to you but the job may not, considering the current situation of the country. A bird at hand is worth fifty in the bush.
Wish you the best in your endeavours!

Oga wey no ask of him boy again.. I greet you ooo... How you dey boSs? We need chat vIa whatsapp.. I need to ask you few questions bro... Thanks
Re: #60,000 Salary Job Or Masters Degree? Please Advise Me by Nobody: 9:54am On Sep 28, 2015
My brother I will be blunt with you.
Go for the master if you have someone to sponsor you, but if you do not jettison that idea.
Certificate is fading away, but experience counts..... bros, there are many foreign master graduates in Nigeria yet no job, how much more you with a master degree in Nigeria..... Listen and listen real good, if you the first son, tell them to use the money to sponsor your younger ones, if you the only son go for the masters and if you are the last born go for it.
In conclusion, it God that gives job not your damn master certificate.

3 Likes

Re: #60,000 Salary Job Or Masters Degree? Please Advise Me by Nobody: 9:54am On Sep 28, 2015
ahabue111:
I have seen people get good jobs with master degree even without experience. Ur also right about d business it's better dan a 60k job definitely. Doing a business is good even doin a professional course a nice wud give u skills to get a better job or enhance ur business.
I have seen people get jobs worth more than 60k without Msc. I have seen people with Msc offered jobs with pay lower than 60k. Your assertion thus is invalid. OP, follow your heart. I would advice you garner experience if the job is in the line of your career choice, build more skill, perhaps you may be able to get something better within a year.
Re: #60,000 Salary Job Or Masters Degree? Please Advise Me by GBENGA49: 9:55am On Sep 28, 2015
Go for d Job, afta u do ur MSC
Re: #60,000 Salary Job Or Masters Degree? Please Advise Me by wrongnumber: 9:55am On Sep 28, 2015
JUST OVER BROKE Syndrome will forever remain the problem of Nigerian youths.

Apparently if the Job pays 200k you wont need any advice but then where is the place of passion? Passion is everything. If you are passionate about the job then the money wil be inconsequential because as long as you love what you are doing,progress is sacrosanct.

2 Likes

Re: #60,000 Salary Job Or Masters Degree? Please Advise Me by xammyx(m): 9:55am On Sep 28, 2015
ahabue111:
Pls go for ur Msc, 60k job isn't worth it. With ur Msc ur have a far better chance of getting a good job. It not easy not working I know but ur Msc is a small sacrifice to pay in order to get a better life. 60k job cannot take u anywhere really. U will have better jobs hv faith in that.
Dont say such, is not everyone has Rich super dad or family affluence. Okey let me ask you a question, dont we have part time MSC program going on ? . maybe you havent been reading the news, no cash in this country, and if one can get that kind of cash, it will go a long long way.

1 Like

Re: #60,000 Salary Job Or Masters Degree? Please Advise Me by xammyx(m): 9:57am On Sep 28, 2015
derespect:
You need to understand that Bsc degree with job experience is better than Masters degree without work experience. To get work experience, you need to be employed.

The choice is yours.
Well said. some dont know this...

1 Like

Re: #60,000 Salary Job Or Masters Degree? Please Advise Me by dammytosh: 9:57am On Sep 28, 2015
brightballer:

Please go for the job and do your Masters Part Time.

Msc is not a guarantee for a good job in Nigeria. Infact,it can be a turn off as they will claim you are over qualified.
Re: #60,000 Salary Job Or Masters Degree? Please Advise Me by gdg4(f): 9:58am On Sep 28, 2015
Take the job, go for masters later
Re: #60,000 Salary Job Or Masters Degree? Please Advise Me by Doyin400l(m): 9:58am On Sep 28, 2015
just here to read comments.... smh
Re: #60,000 Salary Job Or Masters Degree? Please Advise Me by Nobody: 10:01am On Sep 28, 2015
Rumpelstiltskin:
Is it a job that will provide opportunity for advancement? Do you have a passion for the job you're being offered? If you eventually get admitted, can you 'conveniently' finance your Master programme?

The decision is up to you to make. Just remember that the master degree programme will always be open to you but the job may not, considering the current situation of the country. A bird at hand is worth fifty in the bush.
Wish you the best in your endeavours!
right...i'd take the job too
Re: #60,000 Salary Job Or Masters Degree? Please Advise Me by HawksDude(m): 10:02am On Sep 28, 2015
brightballer:

Take the job, shelve the Msc for now. I know guys who have Msc but still couldnt find a job.
Re: #60,000 Salary Job Or Masters Degree? Please Advise Me by xammyx(m): 10:06am On Sep 28, 2015
[quote author=brightballer post=38448813]I just got a job of 60k where I will resume next month. I had concluded plans for my MSc and had already collected forms from two schools. What should I do when I eventually got admitted? Please your sincere suggestions and advice. Lalasticlala, davide470, uboma pls I need this urgently.
Just go and seek face of God for direction, man that's nairalanders will not guide u. But for me, with the present situation of this country, Jump to ur 6oK job (720k per annual). U can go for part MSc course or even professional Charted course whoch is better(ICAN, CIPM, NEBOSH, CIIN etc)
Re: #60,000 Salary Job Or Masters Degree? Please Advise Me by tunatrezy(m): 10:07am On Sep 28, 2015
the salary is an insult for a masters holder this country is nt encouraging, bt u no get choice just do it cuz b4 u know it someone with ph.D myt take that from u. lolz
Re: #60,000 Salary Job Or Masters Degree? Please Advise Me by nuesmann(m): 10:07am On Sep 28, 2015
a professional course might not do the magic.with my ACIB,i am on a job of 60k in a bank for more than 2 years now!!!!!
ahabue111:
I support d last person. 60k how much can u actually save at d end of d month. Do a professional course.
Re: #60,000 Salary Job Or Masters Degree? Please Advise Me by dexteer555(m): 10:07am On Sep 28, 2015
Hi,

My advice is that you change your Msc to online Msc. That way, you get the best of both worlds, Job experience and your Msc.

Shikena

Regards

1 Like

Re: #60,000 Salary Job Or Masters Degree? Please Advise Me by ehismofy(m): 10:08am On Sep 28, 2015
U just collected the form, not like you have been admitted.commence the job and apply for the Msc. depending on whether it is part time or full time, when you are finally admitted then you can decide whether to remain in the job or quit.By then yo would have further advanced your CV.
Re: #60,000 Salary Job Or Masters Degree? Please Advise Me by ifoundmyperfect: 10:08am On Sep 28, 2015
Go for your Masters!
Re: #60,000 Salary Job Or Masters Degree? Please Advise Me by jonnayo(m): 10:12am On Sep 28, 2015
I need an advice too, I was called by my aunt to take up a position of a supervisor in the a popular restaurant (Jevinik). With a monthly pay of 80k. As a graduate should I accept the offer?
Re: #60,000 Salary Job Or Masters Degree? Please Advise Me by Jeel: 10:13am On Sep 28, 2015
Creativity sells. Use the salary as capital for a lucrative biz
Re: #60,000 Salary Job Or Masters Degree? Please Advise Me by mimicious(f): 10:13am On Sep 28, 2015
My advice is for u to work for a period of time before u go for ur masters.U can't be depending on ur parent for full support even if they are up to the task, help ur self.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

I Caught A Junior Colleague Stealing / N-power Latest News And Updates / NNPC Experienced Hire Recruitment: Coalition Calls On Buhari, NASS To Intervene

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.