Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,667 members, 7,955,409 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 04:19 AM

#60,000 Salary Job Or Masters Degree? Please Advise Me - Jobs/Vacancies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / #60,000 Salary Job Or Masters Degree? Please Advise Me (29658 Views)

"N300k Job Or I Won't Work" - Slay Queen, Chinny Okekki (Photos) / Masters Degree Holder Hunts For Job On The Street (Photo) / 120,000NAIRA Salary Job With A Private Firm Or Salary Below 100,000 With FCSC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: #60,000 Salary Job Or Masters Degree? Please Advise Me by Lordkratus(m): 6:28pm On Sep 28, 2015
brightballer:
It's related to my course of study. Infact, that's the career path I wish to follow. However, I can conveniently finance my MSc(parental support).
Thanks so much. I appreciate.
my bro,if u taste the hardship of unemployment u won't even dare ask this question.take the job and get professional cert in that field chikena

1 Like

Re: #60,000 Salary Job Or Masters Degree? Please Advise Me by dsavant(m): 6:39pm On Sep 28, 2015
Please learn from my mistake. After my OND , I got a job during my I.T. But I resigned after 2yrs and went back tto school for my HND , immediately after after my HND, I went. For an interview for a job well qualified without a second person for the same post on that day. But when the interviewer asked why I didn't continue my HND , I decided to say the truth that I just finished it.behold that was the end of d interview, they all shouted oh! If we give u this job now tomorrow u will leave it and go for nysc service. I went home. Now 2yrs after service what has happened, nothing. If I had not resigned the first one or they allowed me to work without service, I wouldn't have been jobless today. So, my dear, while doing this job u can enrol for even PhD , but if u pursue PhD first in , the job is not guaranteed after it. Grab d job first my dear.
Re: #60,000 Salary Job Or Masters Degree? Please Advise Me by Durchess(f): 6:43pm On Sep 28, 2015
AdmiralDru:

Studied computer science?
no, jz want 2 improve my typing skills nd excel too
Re: #60,000 Salary Job Or Masters Degree? Please Advise Me by Durchess(f): 6:46pm On Sep 28, 2015
artisticallyart:

What I think is don't quit the job because of computer skills. Do the computer training on weekends and if you work on Saturdays do in on Sunday, have a duration or period... ensure you learn what would be useful to you and the organisation... thank me later.
I work on sat learning on Sunday won't b easy @ all. Besides no learning centre wl b open on sunday
Re: #60,000 Salary Job Or Masters Degree? Please Advise Me by Rumpelstiltskin(m): 7:12pm On Sep 28, 2015
brightballer:
It's related to my course of study. Infact, that's the career path I wish to follow. However, I can conveniently finance my MSc(parental support).
Thanks so much. I appreciate.
You're welcome Sir. Since the job is within the career path you wish to follow, I'll urge you to accept it. Gaining relevant experience will even help you when you finally choose to pursue your master degree. Needless to say the organization may even support you financially when you finally decide to pursue a relevant postgraduate degree. Don't be discouraged by the starting salary. As you gain experience over time, you will become more relevant and your salary will increase. You may even seek employment in bigger organization (armed with your skills & experience) that offer better remuneration. Godspeed bro!

1 Like

Re: #60,000 Salary Job Or Masters Degree? Please Advise Me by Rumpelstiltskin(m): 7:35pm On Sep 28, 2015
hadura29:

Oga wey no ask of him boy again.. I greet you ooo... How you dey boSs? We need chat vIa whatsapp.. I need to ask you few questions bro... Thanks
No be so my Oga, no vex! I'm doing great and you? I've been off social media (especially whatsapp) for several weeks now because Samsung has held on to my smartphone which I took to them for repairs. They keep telling me they've ordered for the parts to be replaced but it hasn't arrived into the country. I go call you bro.
Re: #60,000 Salary Job Or Masters Degree? Please Advise Me by Rumpelstiltskin(m): 7:49pm On Sep 28, 2015
quiinnBee:

right...i'd take the job too
Yea right.....just as I'll choose you too if offered the option. wink
Re: #60,000 Salary Job Or Masters Degree? Please Advise Me by Nobody: 7:59pm On Sep 28, 2015
dsavant:
Please learn from my mistake. After my OND , I got a job during my I.T. But I resigned after 2yrs and went back tto school for my HND , immediately after after my HND, I went. For an interview for a job well qualified without a second person for the same post on that day. But when the interviewer asked why I didn't continue my HND , I decided to say the truth that I just finished it.behold that was the end of d interview, they all shouted oh! If we give u this job now tomorrow u will leave it and go for nysc service. I went home. Now 2yrs after service what has happened, nothing. If I had not resigned the first one or they allowed me to work without service, I wouldn't have been jobless today. So, my dear, while doing this job u can enrol for even PhD , but if u pursue PhD first in , the job is not guaranteed after it. Grab d job first my dear.

This your story is not relatable to the OP's issue, and therefore is not a valid reason ... I do not advise anyone in such situation as the OP's to subscribe to it. What decent job would an OND fetch one? If it paid so well, why did you leave it to further your education? You needed to get that HND, oh yes! You may not have a job now, but you'll be glad you got the HND later. Trust me. The interviewers were right, I'd do the same if I were them. Life na step by step. After school, comes service, then a job ... like that, like that. It's the rule. (Of course, there are exceptions).

So don't think you made the wrong choice and make someone out there make decisions based on your flawed mindset.

That said ... I don't have an answer to the OP's question. I am just a learner like him grin
dsavant:

This your story is not relatable to the OP's issue, and therefore is not a valid reason ... I do not advise anyone in such situation as the OP's to subscribe to it. What decent job would an OND fetch one? If it paid so well, why did you leave it to further your education? You needed to get that HND, oh yes! You may not have a job now, but you'll be glad you got the HND later. Trust me. The interviewers were right, I'd do the same if I were them. Life na step by step. After school, comes service, then a job ... like that, like that. It's the rule. (Of course, there are exceptions).

So don't think you made the wrong choice and make someone out there make decisions based on your flawed mindset.

That said ... I don't have an answer to the OP's question. I am just a learner like him

1 Like

Re: #60,000 Salary Job Or Masters Degree? Please Advise Me by Kazrem(m): 8:57pm On Sep 28, 2015
brightballer:
I just got a job of 60k where I will resume next month. I had concluded plans for my MSc and had already collected forms from two schools. What should I do when I eventually got admitted? Please your sincere suggestions and advice. Lalasticlala, davide470, uboma pls I need this urgently.
Can't job (or the job) be combined with Msc? Na money you go use run the master o.
Re: #60,000 Salary Job Or Masters Degree? Please Advise Me by magicminister: 9:14pm On Sep 28, 2015
Rumpelstiltskin:
Is it a job that will provide opportunity for advancement? Do you have a passion for the job you're being offered? If you eventually get admitted, can you 'conveniently' finance your Master programme?

The decision is up to you to make. Just remember that the master degree programme will always be open to you but the job may not, considering the current situation of the country. A bird at hand is worth fifty in the bush.
Wish you the best in your endeavours!

Except a federal or state job, i dont think any company that starts you up with 60k would have room for advancement.
This opinion is largely based on my personal experience and years of being in the corperate world.
Re: #60,000 Salary Job Or Masters Degree? Please Advise Me by Nobody: 9:41pm On Sep 28, 2015
Rumpelstiltskin:
Yea right.....just as I'll choose you too if offered the option. wink
Lol
Re: #60,000 Salary Job Or Masters Degree? Please Advise Me by Rumpelstiltskin(m): 10:11pm On Sep 28, 2015
magicminister:

Except a federal or state job, i dont think any company that starts you up with 60k would have room for advancement.
This opinion is largely based on my personal experience and years of being in the corperate world.
I'm glad you added the last sentence Sir. I once worked with a big private firm that placed me on probation for 6 months with a starting salary of N40k and later upgraded it to N120k after confirmation. I know some banks that do this too.
Re: #60,000 Salary Job Or Masters Degree? Please Advise Me by ibk4luv(m): 10:53pm On Sep 28, 2015
eipreel:
I used to work in a firm back then where a masters degree holder earned 40k cry so bros you know what that means undecided

how much u con dey earn ?

be like say u never get job oo
Re: #60,000 Salary Job Or Masters Degree? Please Advise Me by magicminister: 11:56pm On Sep 28, 2015
Rumpelstiltskin:
I'm glad you added the last sentence Sir. I once worked with a big private firm that placed me on probation for 6 months with a starting salary of N40k and later upgraded it to N120k after confirmation. I know some banks that do this too.

Lucky you!!

Back then, my probation was 160k.
My retainer was 180k (after tax)
wink

Awon baddest guys

1 Like

Re: #60,000 Salary Job Or Masters Degree? Please Advise Me by Rumpelstiltskin(m): 12:29am On Sep 29, 2015
magicminister:

Lucky you!!
Back then, my probation was 160k. My retainer was 180k (after tax) wink
Awon baddest guys
Gbogbo bigz boy wink
Re: #60,000 Salary Job Or Masters Degree? Please Advise Me by hadura29(m): 2:05pm On Sep 29, 2015
Rumpelstiltskin:
No be so my Oga, no vex! I'm doing great and you? I've been off social media (especially whatsapp) for several weeks now because Samsung has held on to my smartphone which I took to them for repairs. They keep telling me they've ordered for the parts to be replaced but it hasn't arrived into the country. I go call you bro.

aight.. expecting your call
Re: #60,000 Salary Job Or Masters Degree? Please Advise Me by adewumiopeyemi(m): 11:25pm On Sep 29, 2015
even people with msc.. ave not gotten job.. i advise u to go for d job to gain experience.. because if u go for ur msc nw.. some compani will ask u do u ave a working experience.....after u finish ur msc...

1 Like

Re: #60,000 Salary Job Or Masters Degree? Please Advise Me by Bossman(m): 11:06am On Sep 30, 2015
The sad state of things in Nigeria. 60K for a BSc holder is insane! A very good driver makes 35k - 40K or more. What a country! The damn politicians have failed the masses, and are still doing it. What a bleak future for a lot of our youths.

OP, whatever you decide, I wish you the best.
Re: #60,000 Salary Job Or Masters Degree? Please Advise Me by wallmosh: 10:05pm On Dec 24, 2015
Great minds sharing great thoughts. Thanks for sharing your perspectives on this issue.

For the one that has taken a bold step to pour this out, indeed you're helping a lot who are keeping mute on the same issue.

As for my take, I will advice you take time to read through all shared experiences, see to those that seem to draw conclusion, and possible consequences of their stands. Then drag this with your present situation and circumstances that surround you to reach your own conclusion. Also seek divine guidance on your conclusion.

Success is my wish for you and for all
Re: #60,000 Salary Job Or Masters Degree? Please Advise Me by wallmosh: 10:09pm On Dec 24, 2015
Remember, always seek Advice from others but the Decision is yours, because you will be the only one to Face its Consequence(s).
Re: #60,000 Salary Job Or Masters Degree? Please Advise Me by Mpyaw: 2:46am On Jan 05, 2017
wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How To Answer The Question "Why Do You Want To Change Your Current Job" / What Is The Average Salary Of SSA And Special Adviser? / Difference Between Blue Collar And White Collar Jobs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.