Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,246 members, 7,815,361 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:16 AM

Those Calling For Saraki’s Resignation Are Enemies Of Democracy – Babatope - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Those Calling For Saraki’s Resignation Are Enemies Of Democracy – Babatope (14098 Views)

Afenifere, Okogie, Babatope, Others Reply Oyegun: "Buhari Will Lose 2019 If... / Nigeria Senators Squabble Over Call For Saraki’s Resignation / Those Calling For Saraki’s Resignation Are Myopic, Ignorant – APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Those Calling For Saraki’s Resignation Are Enemies Of Democracy – Babatope by jimi4us: 11:55am On Sep 28, 2015
Bobbystanley:
I think Babatope Is one of the corrupt men that kept this country in the mud. They are supporting one of their own.
shut up ode oshi.
Re: Those Calling For Saraki’s Resignation Are Enemies Of Democracy – Babatope by franconian: 11:56am On Sep 28, 2015
Bobbystanley:

Saraki Is guilty.

BTW which Nigerian politician Is not guilty of the same crime Saraki was accused of?

He Is just being a scape goat.
I'm not an APC supporter for your information.

At some points in our pursuit of a better Nigeria, there have to be scapegoats.

And If the sanate president is guilty, he will make a good scapegoat. It will serve as a good warning/deterrent to all goats (polithiefcians).

#letdcourtdecide

1 Like

Re: Those Calling For Saraki’s Resignation Are Enemies Of Democracy – Babatope by anonimi: 11:59am On Sep 28, 2015
Ezenwammadu:
Mr man didn't APC know saraki was a thief before they welcome him with fanfare and gave him their ticket

Just as they welcomed Sylva,

- cleared him of his EFCC charges

FG withdraws N2.45bn fraud suit against Sylva

More from: http://www.punchng.com/news/fg-withdraws-n2-45bn-fraud-suit-against-sylva-efcc-kicks/

EFCC fails to arraign Sylva on fresh corruption charges

More from: http://sunnewsonline.com/new/efcc-fails-to-arraign-sylva-on-fresh-corruption-charges/

- made him their candidate for Bayelsa elections.

I pity those who follow these SCAMMERS chanting chanji chanji like lost souls.
Re: Those Calling For Saraki’s Resignation Are Enemies Of Democracy – Babatope by Firefire(m): 12:00pm On Sep 28, 2015
anonimi:

Your advice should be directed to Buhari's chaperon, the JagbaJantis of Bourdillon, not so

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1614168_tinubu_jpeg66ebe791f47cebda4a3ee9c41bc8fdfa

The faces of professional looters of APC. undecided

1 Like

Re: Those Calling For Saraki’s Resignation Are Enemies Of Democracy – Babatope by sellYourCar: 12:00pm On Sep 28, 2015
undecided
Re: Those Calling For Saraki’s Resignation Are Enemies Of Democracy – Babatope by Abeyjide: 12:00pm On Sep 28, 2015
after collecting ur own share frm saraki.is much expected from u man.
Re: Those Calling For Saraki’s Resignation Are Enemies Of Democracy – Babatope by StevenJay01(m): 12:01pm On Sep 28, 2015
They thought they had buried PDP but they never knew they planted a seed! A new PDP shall be born

2 Likes

Re: Those Calling For Saraki’s Resignation Are Enemies Of Democracy – Babatope by SAMBARRY: 12:01pm On Sep 28, 2015
This noise is too much about saraki matter. The controversy is too much
Re: Those Calling For Saraki’s Resignation Are Enemies Of Democracy – Babatope by Rotimi47: 12:02pm On Sep 28, 2015
Babatope that ain't clean making noise! Is he speaking for himself? I don't think babatope have ever contributed anything to the development of Nigeria apart from his pocket. I ain't even interested in what he is saying. ( saw his name & didn't bother to go through his comment).
Re: Those Calling For Saraki’s Resignation Are Enemies Of Democracy – Babatope by rickyranky(m): 12:06pm On Sep 28, 2015
kazmanbanjoko:
Former Minister of Transport, Chief Ebenezer Babatope on Sunday said the some leaders of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) are assaulting democracy over their relentless attacks on Senate President, Dr. Bukola Saraki.
While calling on Saraki not to resign, he said the PDP Senators in the National Assembly will stand up for what is right and will not allow the Senate President to suffer humiliation in the hands of APC.
The Office of the Attorney General of the Federation is prosecuting Saraki for alleged false declaration of his assets at the Code of Conduct Bureau.
The former Kwara state governor had, last Tuesday, stepped into the dock at the Code of Conduct Tribunal in Abuja, where he was arraigned for false assets declaration charges. He pleaded not guilty to all the 13 charges slammed on him by the CCB and his trial has been scheduled to hold on October 21, 22 and 23.
Speaking against the backdrop of calls for Saraki’s resignation, Babatope, a member of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) Board of Trustees said those plotting the downfall of Saraki will have themselves to blame at the end of the day.
“I don’t believe that Saraki should resign and those calling for his resignation are enemies of democracy. I don’t think that these APC people should assault democracy by all these senseless attack on Saraki just because he won the Senate presidency. Why are they doing that?”
“ I strongly believe that it is they who will lose at the end, not Saraki. Even if Saraki is forced to resign by these trumped up charges against him, I believe that he will still enjoy the confidence and support of the people”.
“He won the election as a result of the stupid action of the APC themselves. How can you have an important event in the Senate, the day the Senate president will be elected, and you went to hold a meeting, saying you are expecting President Buhari? And since that time, they have been giving Saraki hell. Those rooting for his removal hate progress, unity and development of Nigeria”.
“ So, Saraki should not resign. If they like let them go and kick him out but they will have themselves to blame at the end of the day. I believe the PDP senators will never allow Saraki to be humiliated by his party the APC” he said.

http://dailyindependentnig.com/2015/09/those-calling-for-sarakis-resignation-are-enemies-of-democracy-babatope/

cc: lalasticlala
Re: Those Calling For Saraki’s Resignation Are Enemies Of Democracy – Babatope by shamecurls(m): 12:09pm On Sep 28, 2015
Saraki is a gonner. His political career just ended. The earlier his allieds started recruiting for a replacement, the better for them.

Saraki has already been crucified.
Re: Those Calling For Saraki’s Resignation Are Enemies Of Democracy – Babatope by TolaniLuv: 12:10pm On Sep 28, 2015
This man should be probe !!!
Re: Those Calling For Saraki’s Resignation Are Enemies Of Democracy – Babatope by anonimi: 12:10pm On Sep 28, 2015
StevenJay01:
They thought they had buried PDP but they never knew they planted a seed! A new PDP shall be born

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2506961_img91766716015171_jpeg_jpegd528c8847806ba5e9ee5d732afc1ea69
Re: Those Calling For Saraki’s Resignation Are Enemies Of Democracy – Babatope by anonimi: 12:12pm On Sep 28, 2015
shamecurls:
Saraki is a gonner. His political career just ended. The earlier his allieds started recruiting for a replacement, the better for them.

Saraki has already been crucified.

Do you know when AreGbese will also be crucified

Hoteliers Beg Aregbesola To Pay His Debts

More from: http://www.punchng.com/news/hoteliers-plead-with-aregbesola-to-pay-debts/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2476155_aregbesolaairportcompletionpromise2014_jpeg7fac7bf803cd9410c988d3f00821ea7f
Re: Those Calling For Saraki’s Resignation Are Enemies Of Democracy – Babatope by OrlandoOwoh(m): 12:12pm On Sep 28, 2015
I'm a proud "enemy" of democracy.
Re: Those Calling For Saraki’s Resignation Are Enemies Of Democracy – Babatope by Nobody: 12:16pm On Sep 28, 2015
Re: Those Calling For Saraki’s Resignation Are Enemies Of Democracy – Babatope by ahamonyeka(m): 12:16pm On Sep 28, 2015
Please don't bite anybody o
Re: Those Calling For Saraki’s Resignation Are Enemies Of Democracy – Babatope by Nobody: 12:16pm On Sep 28, 2015
I'm personally disappointed at the increasingly deteriorating, sinking and stinking state of this man's perception. When I was a boy I knew and admired him for his stand against all that is not for the good of the society. Not so again! This is not about party politics. Corruption is present across party divides.
Re: Those Calling For Saraki’s Resignation Are Enemies Of Democracy – Babatope by Goke7: 12:18pm On Sep 28, 2015
Babatope is just playing to the gallery. I appreciate his worry that the only hope of PDP is for saraki to remain as senate President cos of ekweremadu. PDP was already dead until saraki emerged as Senate President but the APC will not continue to fold their hands until saraki and ekweremadu goes.

APC will use all its might as the ruling party to achieve this just like pdp does when they held sway in aso rock and babatope understands this even more than me sef.

Anybody who thinks saraki would be left alone is just living in delusion even the pdp goons knows this more than all of us

1 Like

Re: Those Calling For Saraki’s Resignation Are Enemies Of Democracy – Babatope by shamecurls(m): 12:18pm On Sep 28, 2015
anonimi:

Do you know when AreGbese will also be crucified

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2476155_aregbesolaairportcompletionpromise2014_jpeg7fac7bf803cd9410c988d3f00821ea7f

If the Judicial system is right and the president does not interfere then I can authoritatively tell you that "No one will be above the law" but with the present status quo, you will only be hunted when you chose to be a prey of the hunter
Re: Those Calling For Saraki’s Resignation Are Enemies Of Democracy – Babatope by Goke7: 12:19pm On Sep 28, 2015
odeotito:
I'm personally disappointed at the increasingly deteriorating, sinking and stinking state of this man's perception. When I was a boy I knew and admired him for his stand against all that is not for the good of the society. Not so again! This is not about party politics. Corruption is present across party divides.

He is only fighting for the survival of his party period.
Re: Those Calling For Saraki’s Resignation Are Enemies Of Democracy – Babatope by Lionhearted: 12:22pm On Sep 28, 2015
Bobbystanley:
I think Babatope Is one of the corrupt men that kept this country in the mud. They are supporting one of their own.

Give one or two instances of his being corrupt or accused of corruption.

Is the sentiments expressed by him not right?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Those Calling For Saraki’s Resignation Are Enemies Of Democracy – Babatope by Nobody: 12:24pm On Sep 28, 2015
Goke7:

He is only fighting for the survival of his party period.

Exactly what am getting at! We should not, at the expense of the good of our country and generations unborn politicize the fight against corruption.
Re: Those Calling For Saraki’s Resignation Are Enemies Of Democracy – Babatope by MrALIVE: 12:26pm On Sep 28, 2015
Ezenwammadu:
Those idiits forget section 36(5) of the constitution states that Every person who is charged with a criminal offence shall be presumed to be innocent until he is proven guilty
you are an enemy of nigeria,in case u dont know,there is what we call moral burden,saraki in this case does not have the moral right to continue as senate president!
Re: Those Calling For Saraki’s Resignation Are Enemies Of Democracy – Babatope by One4me: 12:30pm On Sep 28, 2015
kazmanbanjoko:
F
Speaking against the backdrop of calls for Saraki’s resignation, Babatope, a member of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) Board of Trustees said those plotting the downfall of Saraki will have themselves to blame at the end of the day.

“I don’t believe that Saraki should resign and those calling for his resignation are enemies of democracy. I don’t think that these APC people should assault democracy by all these senseless attack on Saraki just because he won the Senate presidency. Why are they doing that?”
I strongly believe that it is they who will lose at the end, not Saraki. Even if Saraki is forced to resign by these trumped up charges against him, I believe that he will still enjoy the confidence and support of the people”.
“He won the election as a result of the stupid action of the APC themselves. How can you have an important event in the Senate, the day the Senate president will be elected, and you went to hold a meeting, saying you are expecting President Buhari? And since that time, they have been giving Saraki hell. Those rooting for his removal hate progress, unity and development of Nigeria”.
“ So, Saraki should not resign. If they like let them go and kick him out but they will have themselves to blame at the end of the day. I believe [/b]the PDP senators will never allow Saraki to be humiliated by his party the APC” he said.

http://dailyindependentnig.com/2015/09/those-calling-for-sarakis-resignation-are-enemies-of-democracy-babatope/

cc: lalasticlala

[b] Who cares what these "any Government in power" Eediot of a Babatope believes? shocked shocked shocked

Ooh, l forgot........ it was APC that asked Saraki to[size=14pt] do "false-declaration of asset",
..........IN ANTICIPATION OF TREASURY LOOTING! [/size] grin grin grin

Birds of the same feather, am l surprised?

1 Like

Re: Those Calling For Saraki’s Resignation Are Enemies Of Democracy – Babatope by basilo101: 12:31pm On Sep 28, 2015
Wailer across the Niger?
Re: Those Calling For Saraki’s Resignation Are Enemies Of Democracy – Babatope by tommykiwi(m): 12:38pm On Sep 28, 2015
Unsad:
Goan brush your teeth first before I can take you serious
Have U brushed urs...? Don't av respect for elders or what? If it was to be ur dad will U say such a thing...Mumu.
Re: Those Calling For Saraki’s Resignation Are Enemies Of Democracy – Babatope by oppyfol0420: 12:44pm On Sep 28, 2015
he should be punish if found guilty without bias.
Re: Those Calling For Saraki’s Resignation Are Enemies Of Democracy – Babatope by ohenhen1: 12:47pm On Sep 28, 2015
The people voted the PDP out of power. The PDP took back power through the back door in the Senate. How can a PDP man be senate deputy president?
Re: Those Calling For Saraki’s Resignation Are Enemies Of Democracy – Babatope by MadCow1: 12:58pm On Sep 28, 2015
This Babatope fellow is a hypocrite.

Saraki was elected by an incomplete chamber consisting of majority PDP members and only 8 or 9 APC members. That is itself is an affront on our democracy.

Saraki also went against his Parties rule which is an undemocratic process as well.

Please this man should gerraway..

Saraki should answer his case. If found guilty, he should face the wrath of the law.

PDP should stop meddling in APC business.
Re: Those Calling For Saraki’s Resignation Are Enemies Of Democracy – Babatope by samscholes: 1:30pm On Sep 28, 2015
belabela:
Buhari should speed up these corruption trials. Ebenezer Babtope should be busy clearing himself in court not walking free and making comments.

Some of these emirs/Obas/Obis too should be made to answer at EFCC

General Overseas and Immams should not be spared

And APC should not forget some of its cheiftains too

That's the change we voted for
u go old ur beard go long pass methuselah own keep waiting
Re: Those Calling For Saraki’s Resignation Are Enemies Of Democracy – Babatope by azzima(m): 1:31pm On Sep 28, 2015
Isn't this the same thief that stole billions of Naira from the National ID programOne by one, these thieves will be coming out to defend their "fellow" thief. Shior! !

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fayose Set To Regain Freedom From EFCC Custody / Abolaji Dada: I Can’t Access My WAEC Certificate - Sanwo-olu’s Nominee / Herders/farmers Conflict: Enugu State Inaugurates Agro Rangers Squad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.