Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,137 members, 7,829,069 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:31 PM

Ogun Police Confirm Arrest Of Blogger - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Ogun Police Confirm Arrest Of Blogger (29465 Views)

Suspected Fulanis Kill Plateau Mourners; 120 Killed - Witness, Police Confirm 11 / Fulani Herdsmen Strike In Ogun, Police Arrest Three With Arms / Abdulhakeem Bauchin Bauchi: Police Arrest Syndicate Behind Murder Of Blogger (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ogun Police Confirm Arrest Of Blogger by Ndeewonu: 8:09am On Sep 29, 2015
thunder74:
I missed GEJ, during his tenure, you can say, write, imagine anything, it is your mouth, nobody will arrest you. You may even be made the chairman of his campaign organisation.

That is the beauty of democracy but now even if your story is true, you will be gagged, intimidated and arrested. I remember decree 2. "....dont publish anything about my government even if it true" - General Buhari

Una never see anything, won si n m'eye bo l'apo. APC..? Change......!

"You can deny access to information but you can not turn a lie to a truth or truth to a lie" President Obama addressing the would leaders UN 28/9/15

Beni!!!

A million dollar comment expressed in a few words!
Re: Ogun Police Confirm Arrest Of Blogger by Sultanchidi(m): 8:16am On Sep 29, 2015
bamac:
stop saying what you don't know... People will hardly notice genuine blogs, they are blindfolded by the tactics adopted by copy and paste bloggers to get large traffic through spamming and the likes and you will end up reading a single post from a million different blogs. I don't blame the bloggers that copy and paste trash because our choice of music in this country says it all. Not all bloggers are guilty, it takes time for genuine bloggers to be noticed. Don't just generalize without proof so as not to end up like that blogger.
true talk, bt u wil agree with me dat most bloggers don't even have reliable source, dey just paste anything they c without really scrutinizing it
Re: Ogun Police Confirm Arrest Of Blogger by loomer: 8:18am On Sep 29, 2015
hollowpot15684:
smiley
Now bloggers will stop been desperate to post anything they like..

It's not about being desperate, how u go arrest person for such things, then dem for don arrest everybody wey dey our media houses finish na.

Make the woman prove her innocence den ask her lawyers to do d right things, not intimidate people.
Re: Ogun Police Confirm Arrest Of Blogger by FtLawi: 8:19am On Sep 29, 2015
vivypretty:
every news broadcasting agency has the power to make or destroy a person.
Hope he can prove how true his story is
he has every right to say anything , but not to tarnish the image of others. let him go and prove it to them in court how he got the news. probably he copy it from somewhere. this will be a lesson for those of you that do copy and paste.
Re: Ogun Police Confirm Arrest Of Blogger by loomer: 8:21am On Sep 29, 2015
FatIjeomaOkolie:
This is a step in the right direction!

Just because the use of the internet is now virtually free does not mean jobless people can sit in their bedrooms and make up all sorts of stories because they want to direct traffic to their useless blogs.

Nigerians want accountability from their leaders but refuse to do the same in their own affairs.

Just the other day, a notorious illiterate on Nairaland opened a thread falsely accusing the APC of closing his Facebook accounts. In my opinion, he should have been invited by the security agents to provide evidence of his claim.

Freedom of speech is guaranteed by the constitution but also, individuals have to account for their statements if they are false.

Now, a precedent has been set. Hungry bloggers- BEWARE!

Oga na freedom of speech, if she know say na lie na to sue the guy not intimidate am with arrest. This na why nigeria no fit go forward cos the rich always trample on the poor and feeble
Re: Ogun Police Confirm Arrest Of Blogger by Nobody: 8:44am On Sep 29, 2015
Not guilty until proven in the court of the law.
Re: Ogun Police Confirm Arrest Of Blogger by vivypretty(f): 8:51am On Sep 29, 2015
FtLawi:
he has every right to say anything , but not to tarnish the image of others. let him go and prove it to them in court how he got the news. probably he copy it from somewhere. this will be a lesson for those of you that do copy and paste.
certainly not a right to say anything especially if is not true.those of 'U' hmmmm
Re: Ogun Police Confirm Arrest Of Blogger by freddymanny49: 9:22am On Sep 29, 2015
What a pile of poop.

Re: Ogun Police Confirm Arrest Of Blogger by Originalsly: 9:28am On Sep 29, 2015
shugacaneman:
What if this blogger is right?
Should the police arrest a blogger for airing his/her views or make investigations?
Is this no2 longer democracy?
If the blogger is right he would be freed. If he made proper investigations then he would have evidence to show he is right and he would be freed. There is a difference between airing views and slander..... to say he believes the governor's wife laundered $300k is his view/opinion.... to state she has laundered $300k is a statement of fact which he must now prove is a fact. If it is not then it is slander and he should be charged for slander and defamation of character. Would you have the same view if a blogger posts a photo of your wife and his view that she is the big boy's #1 favourite prostitute?
Re: Ogun Police Confirm Arrest Of Blogger by Ellashow: 10:16am On Sep 29, 2015
shugacaneman:
What if this blogger is right?
Should the police arrest a blogger for airing his/her views or make investigations?
Is this no longer democracy?

What view are you talking about? Ojo is no blogger, he's working for OGD and his loyalist, Gboyega Isiaka.
I know him personally. Nobody stopped him from being a critic but always with open evidence. OGD we all know, can't take half of what this guy is doing to Gov. Amosu. During Gbenga Daniel's tenure, you dare not criticised him in public because the fear of his political thugs, is the beginning of having sense.

Let him get a good lawyer and present hard evidence to back up his story. Or else, he's on a long thing.
Re: Ogun Police Confirm Arrest Of Blogger by Ellashow: 10:30am On Sep 29, 2015
Kudducini:
Hehe Bloggers The Guy Dey Search For #Traffic

He's not a blogger, he's on a monthly payroll of PDP's Gboyega Isiaka, PDP governorship candidate at the just concluded general election. All he post on his FB page is always Amosu this, Amosu that. I think, this is the last straw because he attacked the Governor's wife.
His FB name is Sf Emmanuel Ojo or something.
Re: Ogun Police Confirm Arrest Of Blogger by Kudducini(m): 10:40am On Sep 29, 2015
Ellashow:

He's not a blogger, he's on a monthly payroll of PDP's Gboyega Isiaka, PDP governorship candidate at the just concluded general election. All he post on his FB page is always Amosu this, Amosu that. I think, this is the last straw because he attacked the Governor's wife.
His FB name is Sf Emmanuel Ojo or something.

Did You Read The Post Wella? "She Was Quized" Not Accused Which She Really Was
Re: Ogun Police Confirm Arrest Of Blogger by Ellashow: 10:41am On Sep 29, 2015
Pataki:
Those of us who know sf Ojo, know that he deserves whatever is befalling him right now.

This guy has been carrying false news about Ogun State since Amosun's tenure began four years ago. He had been warned over and over again. He thinks the likes of Gbenga Daniel who had been backing him will suffice.

I personally had to delete him off my facebook list of friends when he kept
becoming a nuisance especially during the last elections and he was campaigning for GEJ to return as the best President of Nigeria. I knew he was just an 'alatenuje' social media poster.

Now he is claiming that his facebook profile was hacked, and some mischievous elements planted the story on his facebook newsfeed.

I could have helped his case with the State Government, but he really needs to learn his lesson and go dust up his Mapoly certificate and make himself useful after this incident.

Eleweran is not an easy place to easily get out from once your case has been transferred there.

I still support the arrest, I want them to teach him a lesson or two. His account was never hacked, I always warned him back then and I stopped commenting on his post. Gbenga Daneil he's working for can't take this s!hit from anyone because OGD is brutal.
Ojo was a very articulate and brilliant guy and I don't know when he stoop so low to be a political tool. It's so sad
Re: Ogun Police Confirm Arrest Of Blogger by wakes: 10:50am On Sep 29, 2015
He has become popular for the wrong reason though.
Re: Ogun Police Confirm Arrest Of Blogger by hollowpot15684(m): 11:12am On Sep 29, 2015
loomer:

It's not about being desperate, how u go arrest person for such things, then dem for don arrest everybody wey dey our media houses finish na.

Make the woman prove her innocence den ask her lawyers to do d right things, not intimidate people.

We all know that all this bloggers don't confirm their source, in fact most of them have noones contact to do so... They just sit at d corner of their room and upload whatsoever they are able to eavesdrop.. Make dem jail d guy weda true or not, the rest will be very careful.
Re: Ogun Police Confirm Arrest Of Blogger by Kudducini(m): 11:17am On Sep 29, 2015
If You Guys Are Critising Him This Much How About Linda Ikeji?
Re: Ogun Police Confirm Arrest Of Blogger by loomer: 11:38am On Sep 29, 2015
hollowpot15684:

We all know that all this bloggers don't confirm their source, in fact most of them have noones contact to do so... They just sit at d corner of their room and upload whatsoever they are able to eavesdrop.. Make dem jail d guy weda true or not, the rest will be very careful.

What actually is his crime if him supos go jail?
Re: Ogun Police Confirm Arrest Of Blogger by neocortex: 12:23pm On Sep 29, 2015
FatIjeomaOkolie:
This is a step in the right direction!

Just because the use of the internet is now virtually free does not mean jobless people can sit in their bedrooms and make up all sorts of stories because they want to direct traffic to their useless blogs.

Nigerians want accountability from their leaders but refuse to do the same in their own affairs.

Just the other day, a notorious illiterate on Nairaland opened a thread falsely accusing the APC of closing his Facebook accounts. In my opinion, he should have been invited by the security agents to provide evidence of his claim.

Freedom of speech is guaranteed by the constitution but also, individuals have to account for their statements if they are false.

Now, a precedent has been set. Hungry bloggers- BEWARE!

I am sure if the story is about GEJ or PDP , you will sing "guilty as accused" as you and
your cohorts used to.
Police should free this innocent blogger, he is doing Nigeria a good favour
by exposing fraud.

Freedom of speech is a fundamental human right.
Re: Ogun Police Confirm Arrest Of Blogger by neocortex: 12:27pm On Sep 29, 2015
Babalegba:
Nigerians do not really understand the concept of free speech. You cannot just be flinging damaging, unsubstantiated allegations against somebody and then hide behind the principle of free speech. I hope an example is made of this fella so other prats with uncouth mouth will watch themselves

You must be an ill-educated fellow to reason this way,
Free speech is absolute, anyone who thinks his/her character
is being impugned should approach the court not using Police/Army to
torture innocent bloggers who believe in transparency.
Re: Ogun Police Confirm Arrest Of Blogger by neocortex: 12:29pm On Sep 29, 2015
rusher14:
Bloggers often think they are immune from prosecution.
That's not to say that this blogger is guilty but be sure of your facts before going public.

How do you know he isn't sure of his facts chief Judge ?
Re: Ogun Police Confirm Arrest Of Blogger by rusher14: 12:31pm On Sep 29, 2015
neocortex:

How do you know he isn't sure of his facts chief Judge ?

At least you read my sentence...prosecutor.
Re: Ogun Police Confirm Arrest Of Blogger by neocortex: 12:31pm On Sep 29, 2015
Sultanchidi:
freedom of speech abi. So bcus of freedom of speech u can say whatever u like and accuse anybody of a crime. Let me ask u if it comes 2 court can he prove it. Can i start insulting u and tel u it's freedom of speech?

Yes that is the meaning of freedom of speech, say whatever you like with no fear.
Maybe you need to go back to school.
Re: Ogun Police Confirm Arrest Of Blogger by Sultanchidi(m): 12:39pm On Sep 29, 2015
neocortex:

Yes that is the meaning of freedom of speech, say whatever you like with no fear.
dis is nt abt insult, bcus u have d right 2 say whatever u like don't mean u can go abt saying anything dat comes out of ur mouth without considering how it wil affect other pple. Cus dey still have their own rights.if u want 2 reply do it without insult
Re: Ogun Police Confirm Arrest Of Blogger by Sultanchidi(m): 12:42pm On Sep 29, 2015
neocortex:

so u mean i can come on nairaland and insult u, ur family and friends and i wil tel u it's freedom of speech and u wil just accept it
Re: Ogun Police Confirm Arrest Of Blogger by neocortex: 12:49pm On Sep 29, 2015
Sultanchidi:
so u mean i can come on nairaland and insult u, ur family and friends and i wil tel u it's freedom of speech and u wil just accept it

Of course you are free to , afterall, you have said worse to others.
I can only protest your choice of words but I can't shut you up,
that is the spirit of Freedom of Speech.

BTW , the blogger only reported an incident that happened in London,
that is not an offence.
I fthe report was a lie , the appropriate thing is to sue him for character
defamation not using the police to torture the innocent blogger in cell.
Re: Ogun Police Confirm Arrest Of Blogger by bamac(m): 3:03pm On Sep 29, 2015
Sultanchidi:
true talk, bt u wil agree with me dat most bloggers don't even have reliable source, dey just paste anything they c without really scrutinizing it
yes i agree, lack of job opportunities can make anybody to do something they might not do on a normal circumstances. They careless about originality... The fact is that they just do what they have to do in order to make ends meet. When most copy and paste bloggers get a well paid job they tend to forget the blog very fast. You see bloggers with original content blogging for future sake and not for what they will get immediately. Hard work pays and last longer than laziness. I know where i want my own blog to get to and i know with time things will fall to expectation (originality pays)
Re: Ogun Police Confirm Arrest Of Blogger by Babalegba(m): 5:16pm On Sep 29, 2015
neocortex:

You must be an ill-educated fellow to reason this way,
Free speech is absolute, anyone who thinks his/her character
is being impugned should approach the court not using Police/Army to
torture innocent bloggers who believe in transparency.
Are you for real. So you want Amosun to drag the young man to court, unleash a few SAN lawyers on him and wreck his life as he would be unable to pay the resultant huge fine.Nigeria is a primitive country with no safety net.Big Nigerians drag their equals to court but visit less expensive punitive actions on the proletariat.
Re: Ogun Police Confirm Arrest Of Blogger by rhames(m): 7:13pm On Sep 29, 2015
The Secretary to the State Government, Mr. Taiwo Adeoluwa, said governor Amosun, was not connected with the arrest of the blogger as being speculated in some quarters.
He, however, confirmed that the state government made a formal complaint to the police and the director of the State Security Service, about a false allegation that the blogger made against the First lady.

What a joke. I would just advise any one close to that blogger to get a lawyer to prosecut his case and sue for the enforcement of his fundamental human rights. The state govt has not cleared itself of the allegation on the first lady but is busy harassing a nobody blogger to suppress a point. Useless police men.

Meanwhile read the book about the the police titled;

http://www.amazon.com/Policeman-Your-Friend-Other-Lies/dp/1893626393/ref=sr_1_4?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1443550180&sr=1-4&keywords=Ned+Beaumont

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ogun Police Confirm Arrest Of Blogger by EreluY(f): 9:25pm On Sep 29, 2015
THE VAST MAJORITY OF NIGERIANS SUPPORTING THE GOVERNOR AND HIS WIFE ON THIS MATTER ARE IDIOTS AND IMBEC1LES. AS SOME HAVE RIGHTLY SUGGESTED, WHAT THE AGGRIEVED OUGHT TO DO IS TO IDENTIFY THE 'BLOGGER', SUE HIM/HER FOR LIBEL AND LET THE COURT DECIDE THE CASE. IT IS WITHIN THE REMIT OF THE JUDGE'S DUTY TO ORDER THE DETENTION OF THE ACCUSED IF S/HE FEELS SUCH A STEP SHOULD BE TAKEN. TO CONCEDE TO THE FACT THAT THE GOVERNOR HAS NOT ORDERED THE 'BLOGER'S' ARREST IS SIMPLY BRAINLESS; THE POLICE WOULD NOT HAVE SIMPLY WADED INTO THIS MATTER EXCEPT ACTING UNDER INSTRUCTION FROM ABOVE. RATHER FOR THE NIGERIAN MASSES TO ASK THAT THE GOVERNOR'S WIFE TO DEFEND HERSELF, SHE'S BEING SUPPORTED BY BUFFOONS GRABBING CRUMBLES OF BREAD DROPPING OFF THE GOVERNORS TABLE. YOU'RE TRADING IN YOUR CHILDREN'S CHILDREN'S BIRTH RIGHTS. SHAME ON YOU ALL.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Farmer Murders Gombe Okada Rider, Sells Motorcycle For N120,000 / Again, Gunmen Raze Imo Police Divisional Headquarters, Free Suspects / I Was Offered N30,000 To Convey A Kidnapped Woman Into The Bush (photo}

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.