Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,522 members, 7,865,180 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 01:28 PM

Niger Gov: I Wasn’t In London To Watch Football Match - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Niger Gov: I Wasn’t In London To Watch Football Match (729 Views)

Jibrin: When Osinbajo Gives Order, People Run To London To Get Buhari's Opinion / Nigerians Rent Generators To Watch Football – Buhari / Why I Wasn’t Moved By Orubebe’s Outburst – Jega (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Niger Gov: I Wasn’t In London To Watch Football Match by dahaz(m): 6:19am On Sep 29, 2015
Remember these thread that made front page sometimes ago about the governor of Niger State seen in stamford bridge watching chelsea match?

www.nairaland.com/2612368/sani-bello-stamford-bridge-watching

well the governor has came out to debunk the insinuation that he purposefully travelled to watch chelsea match.

Niger State governor, Alhaji Abubakar Sani Bello
said his visit to London last week was to attend
to his regular medical checkup before proceeding
to the United Nations General Assembly as part
of the entourage of President Muhammadu
Buhari and not solely to watch football match.
Addressing newsmen in New York on Monday, the
governor said his visit to Stamford Bridge
Stadium to watch Chelsea’s match against
Arsenal only coincided with the invitation of a
Nigeria soccer professional- Mikel Obi as part of
the ongoing discussions to set up a professional
sport academy in Niger State.
The governor has been under fierce criticism for
traveling to London to watch a football match.
“The purpose of the trip was for two reasons.
First, I was in London for medical check. For
the past 15 years, I used to do these checks. I
am not a sport fan. It is not my hobby, but
whenever there is any opportunity to assist my
people, I quickly grab it,” the governor said.
He explained that “Obi has been booking for
appointments to meet me for a long time and
incidentally as I came to London, I arranged to
meet him. After the meeting, he invited me to
the march and I honored his invitation. Unlike
what some people are saying in the social media
that I intentionally left Nigeria to come and
watch Chelsea, I am not a mad man.”

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/politics/niger-gov-i-wasn-t-in-london-to-watch-football-match/112752.html
Re: Niger Gov: I Wasn’t In London To Watch Football Match by Blizzy9ja: 6:24am On Sep 29, 2015
Executive excuses
Re: Niger Gov: I Wasn’t In London To Watch Football Match by Youssouff10(m): 6:25am On Sep 29, 2015
We know you went to see Eva canniero for check up
Re: Niger Gov: I Wasn’t In London To Watch Football Match by Nobody: 6:34am On Sep 29, 2015
Politicians can LIE ehn This man dey fear buhari Come sharply debunk d news Ogbeni you go watch ball ni jare no dey lie N who told u mad men don't watch soccer ? Some play sev
Re: Niger Gov: I Wasn’t In London To Watch Football Match by politricks: 6:40am On Sep 29, 2015
The guy is afraid of the stoning and booing competition going on in the country.
Re: Niger Gov: I Wasn’t In London To Watch Football Match by cyberdurable(m): 6:42am On Sep 29, 2015
APC... Lies grin
Re: Niger Gov: I Wasn’t In London To Watch Football Match by olaafirst: 7:09am On Sep 29, 2015
U lie u no lie me oo I go tell baba BUHARI say u Cary our money go watch football for London
Re: Niger Gov: I Wasn’t In London To Watch Football Match by morbeta(m): 7:09am On Sep 29, 2015
He is proud of saying he went to uK for medical checks. So no good hospital in Nigeria again?
Re: Niger Gov: I Wasn’t In London To Watch Football Match by onismate: 7:12am On Sep 29, 2015
So where was he now? In suleja watching the match between Niger tornadoes and warri wolves fc. Unserious governor
Re: Niger Gov: I Wasn’t In London To Watch Football Match by ishiamu(m): 7:26am On Sep 29, 2015
Keep lying. Ur party was built on lies
Re: Niger Gov: I Wasn’t In London To Watch Football Match by hedonistic: 8:02am On Sep 29, 2015
I don't see what the big deal is even if he traveled just to watch the match. He is a multi billionaire, as his father is one of Nigeria's richest men, possibly has more money than Niger state government.

www.nairaland.com/2273405/abubakar-sani-bello-richest-governor-elect

www.forbes.com/profile/sani-bello

He certainly doesn't need to spend government money on such a trip.

(1) (Reply)

See What Nigeria Police Is Doing To Inocent Nigerian / EFCC Arraigns Abubakar And Nadabo Energy For N761m Fuel Subsidy Scam / Goodluck Jonathan To Lead Election Observers In Tanzania

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.