Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,782 members, 7,810,044 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:14 PM

Nigerians Rent Generators To Watch Football – Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Rent Generators To Watch Football – Buhari (41808 Views)

Lagos Donates 120 Electronic Generators To Police Formation Lagos State / Lagos Govt Provides 120 Generators To Police - Channelstv / Dissappointing: Gov. Ambode Donates 120 5KVA Generators To To Police Formations. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians Rent Generators To Watch Football – Buhari by Nobody: 11:46am On Jul 26, 2016

President Muhammadu Buhari on Monday acknowledged that “majority of Nigerians are married to football”, to the extent of “renting small generators, popularly known as ‘I better-pass-my neighbour’” when matches fall into periods of power outage.

He therefore challenged football administrators to fashion out strategic programmes to develop the game.

Buhari was speaking when he hosted Gianni Infantino, FIFA president, and Fatma Samoura, FIFA secretary-general.

“Majority of Nigerians are married to football,” he said.“In the rural areas, when there is no electricity and there is a game to watch, Nigerians go to the extent of renting small generators, popularly known as ‘I better-pass-my neighbour’ to watch the game.”

He reiterated that his government would pay keen interest to accountability and transparency to fast-track football development in the country.

“Accountability is serious business and I welcome you (Infantino) into the club of accountable chief executive officers,” he said.

Congratulating the duo on their election, particularly Samuora, the first African and female to be elected FIFA secretary-general, he welcomed Infantino’s programme to reform the world game through transparency, anti-corruption and good governance.

Buhari pledged Nigeria’s support to FIFA president’s reform agenda, noting that they are similar to those his presidency had outlined to resuscitate Nigeria.

“We will take the development of football very seriously and I encourage the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) to behave itself and organise effective competitions for the good of the game,” he added.

In his remarks, Infantino asked the Nigerian authorities to pay attention to infrastructure and find a lasting solution to the problem of violence and insecurity at match venues.

“I foresee Nigeria as a bedrock for the development of the game in Africa. However infrastructure, stability and security are needed to make this happen,” he said.

The FIFA officials were accompanied by Solomon Dalung, minister of youth and sports; Amaju Pinnick, NFF president; and Habu Gumel, president of Nigeria Olympic Committee.

https://www.thecable.ng/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/Muhammadu-Buhari-6-653x365.png

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Rent Generators To Watch Football – Buhari by Almajiri1: 11:51am On Jul 26, 2016
Left for buhari, he would ban nollywood and football from Nigeria cos his alfas told him it breeds bad morals.

180 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Nigerians Rent Generators To Watch Football – Buhari by alade112(m): 11:53am On Jul 26, 2016
Dz buhari sef is that a compliment or what It´s not something you should be proud of

86 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerians Rent Generators To Watch Football – Buhari by Ebukaidoko(m): 11:57am On Jul 26, 2016
MR TALKATIVE, Always Talking No Action

83 Likes

Re: Nigerians Rent Generators To Watch Football – Buhari by Liberty101: 11:58am On Jul 26, 2016
You are interested in sports but the government under your watch can't Carter for our Olympic team .

Nansense ! undecided

89 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Rent Generators To Watch Football – Buhari by Oladimejyy(m): 11:59am On Jul 26, 2016
Almajiri1:
Left for buhari, he would ban nollywood and football from Nigeria cos his alfas told him it breeds bad morals.
Almajiri or what is your name your mate are in aba farming nd u are here typing nonesense...GUY GO AND FARM IN ABA

22 Likes

Re: Nigerians Rent Generators To Watch Football – Buhari by Oladimejyy(m): 12:01pm On Jul 26, 2016
Ebukaidoko:
children of kuvuki land(igbo) are ..........

8 Likes

Re: Nigerians Rent Generators To Watch Football – Buhari by Oladimejyy(m): 12:05pm On Jul 26, 2016
Liberty101:
You are interested in sports but the government under your watch can't Carter for our Olympic team .

Nansense ! undecided
How will the govt be able to Carter for the Olympians when the children of kuvuki land were vandalizing pipeline...Did u have a tree that produce money at home

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians Rent Generators To Watch Football – Buhari by Almajiri1: 12:11pm On Jul 26, 2016
Oladimejyy:
Almajiri or what is your name your mate are in aba farming nd u are here typing nonesense...GUY GO AND FARM IN ABA
Why Aba?Why not Aso Rock? if my sister fulanis can have grazing corridors across the country,What stops an Almajiri from having farming corridor in Aso Rock?

108 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigerians Rent Generators To Watch Football – Buhari by Nobody: 12:24pm On Jul 26, 2016
Yes, and it is because you have failed to maintain and improve on the megawatt attainted by the previous govt. your botched administration have deprived Nigerians of adequate power supply and sufficient income to procure their generating sets. Even to purchase fuel is now difficult for those who could do so in previous administration.

73 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Nigerians Rent Generators To Watch Football – Buhari by Oladimejyy(m): 12:25pm On Jul 26, 2016
Megatone:

Ndi ofe mannu again......

Always come to the rescue for the DULLARD IN CHIEF......

Continue, we go soon see who go tire......

Always bringing tribal comments when not needed.....
so he dey pain KUVUKI land children..if u do me I do u me I no go vex

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Rent Generators To Watch Football – Buhari by Oladimejyy(m): 12:26pm On Jul 26, 2016
blueto:
Yes, and it is because you have failed to maintain and improve on the megawatt attainted by the previous govt. your botched administration have deprived Nigerians of adequate power supply and sufficient income to procure their generating sets. Even to purchase fuel is now difficult for those who could do so in previous administration.
Is it not your family that caused it

5 Likes

Re: Nigerians Rent Generators To Watch Football – Buhari by Nobody: 12:36pm On Jul 26, 2016
Oladimejyy:
Is it not your family that caused it

The last time I checked, Power improved under Buhari in 2015 due to Jonathan's efforts
Jonathan, Not Buhari Is Responsible for improvement in power supply... http://thenationonlineng.net/why-power-supply-improved-under-buhari-by-nebo/

So how did Jonathan mysteriously cause the recession in power? Zombiesm is silly.

63 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigerians Rent Generators To Watch Football – Buhari by IVORY2009(m): 12:42pm On Jul 26, 2016
Majority of Nigerians are married to football! But the question is wat has ur government done to invest of the game of football to promote devolopment in those rural areas that you made measured off..

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Rent Generators To Watch Football – Buhari by Oladimejyy(m): 12:49pm On Jul 26, 2016
blueto:

The last time I checked, Power improved under Buhari in 2015 due to Jonathan's efforts

So how did Jonathan mysteriously cause the recession in power? Zombiesm is silly.
during the President Jonathan administration how many pipeline were vandalize

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Rent Generators To Watch Football – Buhari by Nobody: 4:31pm On Jul 26, 2016
Re: Nigerians Rent Generators To Watch Football – Buhari by engrflames: 5:05pm On Jul 26, 2016
Mr Dullard so you're aware of the hardship your administration has brought upon Nigerians, shame on you

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Rent Generators To Watch Football – Buhari by drss(m): 5:11pm On Jul 26, 2016
rent generator to watch football - buari dullard.
well wetin we expect from pesin wey him brain don expire finish
once a dullard always a dullard.

32 Likes

Re: Nigerians Rent Generators To Watch Football – Buhari by Nobody: 5:11pm On Jul 26, 2016
He forgot to tell the FIFA president that he banned the importation of "I beta pass my neighbor" generators making it difficult to watch football matches.

I think the President just lied to the FIFA president.

72 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Rent Generators To Watch Football – Buhari by kidman96(m): 8:43pm On Jul 26, 2016
And he banned the " I BETTER PASS MY NEIGHBOR GENERATOR".......

ANYWAYS.... BUHARI IS ALWAYS RIGHT!

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians Rent Generators To Watch Football – Buhari by veekid(m): 8:44pm On Jul 26, 2016
When is Buhari selling this country?

17 Likes

Re: Nigerians Rent Generators To Watch Football – Buhari by ITbomb(m): 8:44pm On Jul 26, 2016
And because of that you ban I-pass-my-neighbor so that Nigerians will no longer watch matches.

When is the next presidential election coming up please

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Rent Generators To Watch Football – Buhari by Feranchek(m): 8:45pm On Jul 26, 2016
If I hear
Re: Nigerians Rent Generators To Watch Football – Buhari by gen2briz(m): 8:45pm On Jul 26, 2016
Ok
Re: Nigerians Rent Generators To Watch Football – Buhari by herzern(m): 8:45pm On Jul 26, 2016
blueto:

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Rent Generators To Watch Football – Buhari by teemanbastos(m): 8:46pm On Jul 26, 2016
I hope ppl don't kill themselves over Buhari..
Every single thread on Buhari na Avenue to attack sometimes without reading what the thread is all about.

Meanwhile our football needs development and i believe itx not about talking.. We need actions..

Where is Pastor Tunde Bakare.. Tz long i heard from him?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Rent Generators To Watch Football – Buhari by kidman96(m): 8:47pm On Jul 26, 2016
veekid:
When is Buhari selling this country?
drss:
rent generator to watch football - buari dullard.
well wetin we expect from pesin wey him brain don expire finish
once a dullard always a dullard.
engrflames:
Mr Dullard so you're aware of the hardship your administration has brought upon Nigerians, shame on you
engrflames:
blueto:
Ebukaidoko:

UNA NEVER STILL COMMIT SUICIDE? CALL ALL THE NAMES YOU LIKE,HE IS STILL THE PRESIDENT... IF YOU LIKE GIVE YOURSELVES HYPERTENSION...

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Rent Generators To Watch Football – Buhari by mankan2k7(m): 8:47pm On Jul 26, 2016
how FIFA prexy take understand bubu inglish is my concern

21 Likes

Re: Nigerians Rent Generators To Watch Football – Buhari by eminikansoso(m): 8:47pm On Jul 26, 2016
Oladimejyy:
children of kuvuki land(igbo) are ..........
chai e pain am cheesy

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Rent Generators To Watch Football – Buhari by Nobody: 8:48pm On Jul 26, 2016
.At last Buhari don fall my hand, but that doesn't make me a wailer/militant

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

"Leadership From Sudan", "Herdsmen From Mali"- Shehu Sani Slams APC / Sheikh Abubakar Gumi Asks Buhari To Resign Over Insecurity, Praises Jonathan / Top Ten Unresolved Murders Involving Top Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.