Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,745 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:52 AM

Afenifere Calls For Stoppage Of Fulani Cattle Rearing Activities In Yorubaland - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Afenifere Calls For Stoppage Of Fulani Cattle Rearing Activities In Yorubaland (5374 Views)

Fulani Cattle Breeders List Condition For Peace In Southern Kaduna / Fayose Has No Right To Ban Cattle Rearing In Ekiti – Fulani Herdsmen / NIGERIA : Biafrans Calls Her "Zoo" , Afenifere Calls Her "Lugard’s Cage". (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Afenifere Calls For Stoppage Of Fulani Cattle Rearing Activities In Yorubaland by BlackPeni5: 6:58pm On Sep 29, 2015
Talk talk...no action....no wonder fulani no dey fear una.

2 Likes

Re: Afenifere Calls For Stoppage Of Fulani Cattle Rearing Activities In Yorubaland by emmalexabl(m): 7:04pm On Sep 29, 2015
Afenifera cowards threaten Arewa...wetin give them mind ??

But seriously.,did afenifere actually issue that threat themselves or Ohaneze ndigbo did it on their behalf ??

1 Like

Re: Afenifere Calls For Stoppage Of Fulani Cattle Rearing Activities In Yorubaland by truefact: 7:08pm On Sep 29, 2015
Are the fetish suffercated no longer accommodating? Well, it is all mouth action. ..a slave can never challenge a master to fight...afenifere OYO

7 Likes

Re: Afenifere Calls For Stoppage Of Fulani Cattle Rearing Activities In Yorubaland by Kcinho(m): 7:13pm On Sep 29, 2015
AnambraDota:
U don reach ur destination abi

1 Like

Re: Afenifere Calls For Stoppage Of Fulani Cattle Rearing Activities In Yorubaland by PointB: 7:16pm On Sep 29, 2015
“. You will recalled that in year 2000 in Oke Ogun area of Oyo state, the fulani herdsmen and farmers had a major clash which led to a strong delegation from Arewa consultative forum to storm the office of the office of the then Governor Lam Adesina in a rowdy and angry manner on behalf of fulani .

Even when they try to sound tough, fear managed to creep in. Why this half-truth.

Why is it difficult to state in unequivocal terms that the delegation was led by a certain General Mohammadu Buhari, who happens to be the current president of Nigeria, by active support of Yorobars!

For the benefit of those who didn't know the detail, here it is:

How Lam prevented another civil war’ - The Nation November 18, 2012
Written by Yusuf Alli, Abuja
• Ex-CPS recalls the late gov’s encounter with Buhari

But for the maturity and wisdom of the late former Governor of Oyo State, Alhaji Lam Adesina, Nigeria could have been plunged into a second civil war.

A former Chief Press Secretary to the late Governor, Chief Kehinde Olaosebikan, yesterday said in Abuja that a conflict between Yoruba and Hausa-Fulani would have thrown the country into another war.

He told our correspondent that a former Head of State, Gen. Muhammadu Buhari, had led a combative delegation of Arewa Consultative Forum (ACF) to meet Adesina in 2000 in his office.

According to him, “Precisely on the 13th of October, 2000, former military Head of State, General Muhammadu Buhari, in company with former Military administrator of Lagos State, General Buba Marwa, had led a heavy team of Arewa Consultative Forum in a combative mood to the office of the governor in protest against the alleged killings of over 69 Fulani cattle herders in Saki Area of the state.

“General Buhari whose arrival to the Secretariat complex was preceded by scores of lorry loads of Hausa men and boys
said pointedly at the executive council chambers of Oyo State that his team came to meet the governor to seek reasons why the people of Saki should not be dealt with for killing Fulani herdsmen. He did not stop at that, Gen Buhari accused Governor Lam Adesina of complicity in the killings and using his position as governor to pervert justice.

He quoted the former Head of State as accusing the former governor of shielding the culprits. According to the General, they therefore wanted immediate stoppage of the killings, justice and compensation for the mass killings of the Fulanis or vengeance across the country.

Olaosebikan added: “As weighty, indicting and provocative as the General’s allegations were against the governor, Alhaji Lam Adesina remained unperturbed as he only fired back with his own well-coordinated arsenals in form of refined strategy, robust explanations and effective engagements.

“Lam Adesina identified all the points raised by the General and simply asked the heads of the organisations directly involved to respond.”

He quoted Lam Adesina as saying: “ Before I thank you for this visit, you have come to tell me something, I also want to tell you something and that something is to make an appeal. General Buhari has been a former Head of State, Brigadier Marwa has governed Lagos for some time and with credibility… so you are national leaders of this country. Even though, by accident of birth, you are from the North, so you can be born anywhere, may be next time when I am coming to the world I will be born in the North or the South South.’

He attributed the manner in which frayed nerves calmed to the level-headedness of the late governor, thus preventing what could have led to another civil war.
This is the link to the article and thank God it is a Nation newspaper article.
http://thenationonlineng.net/new/how-lam-prevented-another-civil-war/.

8 Likes

Re: Afenifere Calls For Stoppage Of Fulani Cattle Rearing Activities In Yorubaland by PointB: 7:22pm On Sep 29, 2015
DFemaleBoss:
The cowardly ass-licking Yolobas will soon invade this thread as usual to insult the Afenifere for daring to write/chat sh*t about their Fulani masters. cheesy

Either that or find a way to insult Igbos! They always have a way of misplacing their aggression! grin grin cheesy cheesy

7 Likes

Re: Afenifere Calls For Stoppage Of Fulani Cattle Rearing Activities In Yorubaland by Nobody: 7:24pm On Sep 29, 2015
oilyngbati:
Afenifere should shut up! The kidnappers of Chief Falae are the criminal Igbo, not our masters, Fulani. We, yorubas should be grateful to the fulanis, they saved us from Biafrans soldiers who wanted to invade our land at Ore. Fulani is our friends, and the Igbo is our problem angry.

Afenifere is working for PDP.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin @the bolded

5 Likes

Re: Afenifere Calls For Stoppage Of Fulani Cattle Rearing Activities In Yorubaland by Nobody: 7:32pm On Sep 29, 2015
Ok
Re: Afenifere Calls For Stoppage Of Fulani Cattle Rearing Activities In Yorubaland by SupremeXYZ(m): 7:44pm On Sep 29, 2015
luvmijeje:

This reaction is over the top....... It's beginning to smell like politics.
i dey shame for you.
Re: Afenifere Calls For Stoppage Of Fulani Cattle Rearing Activities In Yorubaland by SupremeXYZ(m): 7:47pm On Sep 29, 2015
luvmijeje:

No, you're missing the point. Even if it's true Fulani herdsmen were behind this, Afenifere as a former non partisan organisation should be calling for the arrest of the perpetrators of the crime. And not labelling a whole tribe for the crime of few.

Are they trying to tell us Yorubas outside of their enclave don't commit crime? Or are they saying other tribes in Yoruba land don't commit crime?

This is not ordinary...... It's politics.
slavish response.

3 Likes

Re: Afenifere Calls For Stoppage Of Fulani Cattle Rearing Activities In Yorubaland by ERAKAMUS: 7:51pm On Sep 29, 2015
luvmijeje:

No, you're missing the point. Even if it's true Fulani herdsmen were behind this, Afenifere as a former non partisan organisation should be calling for the arrest of the perpetrators of the crime. And not labelling a whole tribe for the crime of few.

Are they trying to tell us Yorubas outside of their enclave don't commit crime? Or are they saying other tribes in Yoruba land don't commit crime?

Will you just shut up

3 Likes

Re: Afenifere Calls For Stoppage Of Fulani Cattle Rearing Activities In Yorubaland by SupremeXYZ(m): 7:53pm On Sep 29, 2015
ERAKAMUS:
Will you just shut up
LWKMD.

3 Likes

Re: Afenifere Calls For Stoppage Of Fulani Cattle Rearing Activities In Yorubaland by ERAKAMUS: 7:54pm On Sep 29, 2015
Please TINUBU should protect YORUBA LAND.
Re: Afenifere Calls For Stoppage Of Fulani Cattle Rearing Activities In Yorubaland by SupremeXYZ(m): 7:55pm On Sep 29, 2015
Please am looking for pentiumprof and Laudate.Their opinion matters a lot grin

5 Likes

Re: Afenifere Calls For Stoppage Of Fulani Cattle Rearing Activities In Yorubaland by IGBOSON1: 8:21pm On Sep 29, 2015
luvmijeje:
I'm beginning to believe those who said this is a setup.

How come they've turn this issue to tribal politics? This issue is criminal and it should treated as such.

This is the definition of over-reaction....... This is excess.

^^^Maybe you'd prefer they 'under-react'!? kinda like the christian middle-belters....who are nearing extinction as we speak!

7 Likes

Re: Afenifere Calls For Stoppage Of Fulani Cattle Rearing Activities In Yorubaland by tuk2ato(m): 8:25pm On Sep 29, 2015
If you dont know whats happening in the country, cant you just keep shut, why defend something that is indefensible?
luvmijeje:

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Afenifere Calls For Stoppage Of Fulani Cattle Rearing Activities In Yorubaland by melzabull(f): 8:30pm On Sep 29, 2015
gringringrin oilyngbati is a true yorubaman grin
yolowba beating their flat chest and blaming Igbos grin

10 Likes

Re: Afenifere Calls For Stoppage Of Fulani Cattle Rearing Activities In Yorubaland by wytecat: 8:31pm On Sep 29, 2015
AFENIFERE doesn't speak for Yoruba anyway.

The ONIJEKUJE AFENIFEBI AGBAYA old man allow himself to be used in this manner
Re: Afenifere Calls For Stoppage Of Fulani Cattle Rearing Activities In Yorubaland by luvmijeje(f): 8:36pm On Sep 29, 2015
tuk2ato:
If you dont know whats happening in the country, cant you just keep shut, why defend something that is indefensible?

What the heck is indefensible?
Re: Afenifere Calls For Stoppage Of Fulani Cattle Rearing Activities In Yorubaland by ArodewilliamsT: 8:44pm On Sep 29, 2015
EdCure:
I expect them to match words with actions.
Nigeria is a dangerous jungle where any ethnic group or community who claim to be too civilised to defend itself through acts of violence, will always find itself chort-changed at the losing end.
My Yoruba brothers need to wake up. The social media is awash with myriads of essays and theories by the supposedly vibrant and sophisticated Yoruba youths defending the acts of either SLS, Elrufai, Kwankwaso, Sultan and even Buhari (all northerners).

I agree with you especially demented yoruba muslims like Opcnairaland, agarawu23, vicadex07, aareonakakafo, passingshot(sh1t). grin

4 Likes

Re: Afenifere Calls For Stoppage Of Fulani Cattle Rearing Activities In Yorubaland by ArodewilliamsT: 8:49pm On Sep 29, 2015
oilyngbati:
Afenifere should shut up! The kidnappers of Chief Falae are the criminal Igbo, not our masters, Fulani. We, yorubas should be grateful to the fulanis, they saved us from Biafrans soldiers who wanted to invade our land at Ore. Fulani is our friends, and the Igbo is our problem angry.

Afenifere is working for PDP.

Chei, Chei laugh wan kill me oh.

4 Likes

Re: Afenifere Calls For Stoppage Of Fulani Cattle Rearing Activities In Yorubaland by tuk2ato(m): 8:51pm On Sep 29, 2015
Fulani herdsmen wielding AK 47s, leaving death and destruction in their wake. Kidnapping a yoruba elder stateman and asking for ransom. If we close our eyes to this, they might as well turn the SW into the NC, where they kill and maim lives and destroy properties at will!
luvmijeje:

5 Likes

Re: Afenifere Calls For Stoppage Of Fulani Cattle Rearing Activities In Yorubaland by tuk2ato(m): 8:56pm On Sep 29, 2015
If they cant be law abiding, they should stop them from grazing in other regions. They leave too much death and destruction in their wake! Look at what is happening in the NC, should we wait till the same thing happen in the SW before calling them to order?.
luvmijeje:

7 Likes

Re: Afenifere Calls For Stoppage Of Fulani Cattle Rearing Activities In Yorubaland by ArodewilliamsT: 8:57pm On Sep 29, 2015
SupremeXYZ:
Please am looking for pentiumprof and Laudate.Their opinion matters a lot grin

You mean pentiumpro? That bearded man masquerading with lipsticks.

3 Likes

Re: Afenifere Calls For Stoppage Of Fulani Cattle Rearing Activities In Yorubaland by ahaz: 9:00pm On Sep 29, 2015
ekafine:
Fulani herders or not, it will still not change the fact that yorubars are northern slaves. If not tell me why yorubars are so quiet even after SGF Falae was kidnapped in his own town by fulanis with huge ransom paid.
my brother lets be civil for once.i think the yoruba elders right.its high time we collectively tell demons to practise therr baberic act in there region....i believe if we all tell this northernas to be civil i think it will check there excesses.so the leaders have spoken well and should be suported rather than making mockery of yourself.

5 Likes

Re: Afenifere Calls For Stoppage Of Fulani Cattle Rearing Activities In Yorubaland by agarawu23(m): 9:01pm On Sep 29, 2015
[s]
ArodewilliamsT:

I agree with you especially demented yoruba muslims like Opcnairala nd, agarawu 23, vicad ex07, aareona kakafo, passingsh ot(sh1t). grin
[/s]dumbfuck, will you stop spamming my mentions? This is the 4the mention I will be getting from you. If you have know reasonable thing to say, don't spam my mention
Re: Afenifere Calls For Stoppage Of Fulani Cattle Rearing Activities In Yorubaland by ArodewilliamsT: 9:08pm On Sep 29, 2015
agarawu23:
[s]dumbfuck, will you stop spamming my mentions? This is the 4the mention I will be getting from you. If you have know reasonable thing to say, don't spam my mention[/s]

Sharap there, you ragheaded Islamic monkey. Who are you? Comm'on keep shut.

4 Likes

Re: Afenifere Calls For Stoppage Of Fulani Cattle Rearing Activities In Yorubaland by luvmijeje(f): 9:09pm On Sep 29, 2015
tuk2ato:
Fulani herdsmen wielding AK 47s, leaving death and destruction in their wake. Kidnapping a yoruba elder stateman and asking for ransom. If we close our eyes to this, they might as well turn the SW into the NC, where they kill and maim lives and destroy properties at will!

Yes! An alleged group of fulani herdsmen kidnapped an elder statesman. Afenifere full hopefully of enlightening and wise people should have hold their gun for the full police investigation to be concluded before jumping the ship.

Even if it's true, why do they want to take laws into their hands? I'm expecting them to liase with the state government on making laws that will strengthen the well being of the people. I didn't expect them to go rogue on us.

Their reaction was unrefined..... . OPC should be making this kind of statement
Re: Afenifere Calls For Stoppage Of Fulani Cattle Rearing Activities In Yorubaland by agarawu23(m): 9:10pm On Sep 29, 2015
ArodewilliamsT:

Sharap there, you ragheaded Islamic monkey. Who are you? Comm'on keep shut.

Re: Afenifere Calls For Stoppage Of Fulani Cattle Rearing Activities In Yorubaland by SupremeXYZ(m): 9:34pm On Sep 29, 2015
melzabull:
gringringrin oilyngbati is a true yorubaman grin
yolowba beating their flat chest and blaming Igbos grin
Yes he is. grin

2 Likes

Re: Afenifere Calls For Stoppage Of Fulani Cattle Rearing Activities In Yorubaland by SupremeXYZ(m): 9:37pm On Sep 29, 2015
[s]
wytecat:
AFENIFERE doesn't speak for Yoruba anyway.

The ONIJEKUJE AFENIFEBI AGBAYA old man allow himself to be used in this manner
[/s]Shatap.mtchww

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pull Them Down Syndrome By Se People / PDP Is Winning APC In Osun State - Deji Adeyanju Gives Update / My Sympathy For APC Nairaland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.