Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,026 members, 7,818,032 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:34 AM

The Humans Of Ogun State (street Photography) - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Humans Of Ogun State (street Photography) (38658 Views)

Customs Officers Cause Accident In Ogun State (Disturbing Photos) / Street Photography Of Banjul, Gambia (All Photos) / ''Don't Browse Here' Written In A Taxi In Ogun State (PICS ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Humans Of Ogun State (street Photography) by deegnity22: 4:59pm On Oct 08, 2015
aitop:
This is a thread for The Humans in Ogun State.
For some times now I've wanted to go into street photography but I was not so eager and encouraged to go into it until I later found a thread created by tochiphotos titled the humans of Lagos, then I felt more encouraged to start the project immediately though I couldn't start on time as promised on the thread for some reasons.

This thread is a photography thread that will be focusing on capturing and sharing stories of humans in Ogun state.

Though the project is all about the humans of Ogun state but for a start most pictures will be coming from Abeokuta, state capital of Ogun state. I strongly believe as time passes by other places in Ogun state will be touched.

Welcoming everyone to the thread as well inviting you to like our Facebook page https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1471495759826875

Keep up the good work, I'm definitely following. I like the fact that you acknowledged tochi, nice one!

Don't lose heart it will get better with time, well done.

1 Like

Re: The Humans Of Ogun State (street Photography) by Scribe01: 5:06pm On Oct 08, 2015
Great job sir, you can only get better....
Re: The Humans Of Ogun State (street Photography) by mightycrown1(m): 5:10pm On Oct 08, 2015
my lovely state
feel our anthem

7 Likes

Re: The Humans Of Ogun State (street Photography) by Setaje(f): 5:14pm On Oct 08, 2015
Op I hope u have an instagram page and a Facebook page. It's very important. I follow humans of lagos on instagram and humans of new York on Facebook. I must say humans of new York is so so inspiring. I urge people to follow them on fb. If you think u have problems? Follow humans of new York and u will thank God everyday of your life. The owner of the page is about to release a book. It's a Compilations of all his stories. Op I wish u good luck. Hoping to see humans of oyo, osun, ekiti and ondo.

1 Like

Re: The Humans Of Ogun State (street Photography) by Hongbenga(m): 5:31pm On Oct 08, 2015
NATION WIDE DELIVERY Ask Me For Your Christian Memory Card. Now The CRM 4 & 8GB Memory Card Comes With 17 TREASURES OF TREMENDOUS VALUE : (1) Audio BIBLES in 4-Languages, (Listen to God's Word in Hausa, Yourba, Igbo & English (2) 200 Specially Selected Gospel Songs (3) 20 BIBLE Versions (Java, Android & Text) (4) 100 Vital VIDEOS (+Passion of the Christ) (5) 100 Vital VIDEOS of HYMNS (with Lyrics) (6) 100 Christian BOOKS on Vital Topics (7) 500 Inspiring Gospel IMAGES (cool 150 Amazing PSALMS (9) Entire Bible PROVERBS (A wisdom bank) (10) 10 Special Christian CARTOONS (11) Collation of all the PRAYERS in the Bible (12) 40 Vital Christian Webpages (13) 40 Amazing Messages on PROSPERITY (14) 40 Amazing Messages on HEALING (15) 40 Amazing Messages on WISDOM (16) 40 Amazing Messages on RELATIONSHIP & MARRIAGE (Highly Informative) (17) PASTOR E.A ADEBOYE : Holy Ghost's Messages (From January - July) . To get this Card, Call CRM to send you Cards as Agent Meet our Agent at REDEEMER's University Chapel EDE. OR REDEMPTION Camp at back of Prayer Foyer. All across this nation we have received text messages and Calls of people commending this initiative as well as asking to be CRM Agents in their Churches. By the inspiration of the Spirit of GOD we have packaged and loaded into 8GB Memory Cards everything that will elevate a person towards godliness; everything that will amplify a person’s scriptural knowledge and spirituality; everything that will enormously enhance a person’s life and ministry, everything that is relevant and highly impactful; everything that will give Godly fun and inspiration. It is indeed TREASURE BEYOND MEASURE. Our Mandate is to enrich Christians Nationwide with Godly media items for Spiritual Edge; in as much as the media has one of the strongest influences in everyone’s life. My friends, It is Expedient to take advantage of this offer and kindly tell friends about it as well. Shalom! TEl: 07031843066, 08155723812, 09037481102.
Re: The Humans Of Ogun State (street Photography) by Google63(m): 5:32pm On Oct 08, 2015
aitop:
I'm looking forward to archiving something great in few years time.
dominique:

it's achieving
Nice job but you need to improve your English.
He meant archiving; to put in an archive. May be you should try to understand things before rushing to correct.

2 Likes

Re: The Humans Of Ogun State (street Photography) by ERODEDEAST(f): 5:33pm On Oct 08, 2015
grin
Ilekeh:
Lovely thread.

OP, are you from the Yoruba ethnicity of Benin Republic? Do you know a guy by the name of Musiwa?
Re: The Humans Of Ogun State (street Photography) by haryomikun(m): 5:34pm On Oct 08, 2015
nanaiza:
I like.
As it is my state of origin and I am not too familiar with it, it will help to know it better, the people, their likes, dislikes, hardships.

so in addition to what those above me have said focus on the people, the culture. The narration still needs a bit of depth (not saying you are doing a bad job)
Thumbs up to you guys.

I am definitely following.
Hmmmm... Well since its my state of origin and also state of residence grin , lemme show you the way,,,,
Ogun state!,,,, Not too many tourist attractions sha(only olumo rock at abk), sub groups are RIYE( Remo, Ijebu, Yewa, Egba).... Remo(my sub group) people are almost exactly like the Ijebus. Although, some remo guys don't like calling themselves Ijebus grin but still, we have same behavior and almost same language... Both are business minded people, second only to igbos. Ijebu-Remo is a very large place,,,, having about 8 LGs to their name. Also housing 5 universities namely OOU(Ago iwoye and proudly my school cheesy ), TASUED(Ijebu Ode) , BABCOCK UNI (Ilishan-Remo), ICT poly(Ishara) and Abraham Adesanya Poly(Ijebu Igbo)... I don't really know much about Yewas that much and I personally believe the Egbas don't really have unique xteristics. Egbas mainly live at Abeokuta, the most lively and beautiful part of ogun state.... Tho they have peculiarities... Like the names of the areas at Abk cheesy Kuto (die while urinating), Pansheke, Adigbe, Iyana Mortuary( Imagine yourself telling an okada man you are going to mortuary cheesy ), Alabata and many others I can't remember sef...
About the education aspect, Ogun state is far better when it comes to competitions in Lagos state... Yes you heard me right. Maybe not better in terms of facilities but surely on better when it comes to competition and general intelligence.... Want me to prove that? ? Check the stats for best universities... OOU is best state university, Covenant uni in top three, Ilaro poly in top three polytechnics, Mapoly in top ten polys, Unaab top ten universities too..... Besides, I still wanna see the secondary school that'll beat iganmode grammar school, ota in academics... I think they have 3 straight best students in 3 consecutive years both Senior and Junior in the Cowbell maths Competition... Still, we have the highest number of higher institutions in Nigeria1 (11 schools)...
Errrmmm, well lemme just mention the characteristics of sum areas. Starting from Sango ota; it has a lot of industries and a large market that you'll probably exhaust yourself before walking through all of it.... Ifo,,, best and cheapest place in Ogun to buy foddstuff, fruits and all,,, Abeokuta,, fine place with a lot of clubs and sum small fine bulidings shaa,,,, Shagamu,, rugged area with a lot of rough people. Its could pass as the mushin of ogun state. Ijebu,,,, less rugged than Shagamu, with sum fine places and a lot of babalawos there cheesy . Especially the frat guys who meet them for protection.... Ofada, probably where they invented ofada rice, has a lot of uncompleted estates. A wholeeeeee lot of uncompleted estates. The ones completed sef, ppl aint living there yet.. Well,,, I don't know much about the other parts tho like Ilaro(only been there once) and the Yewa part.
Sorry for the long epistle but I hope I satisfied your curiosity

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Humans Of Ogun State (street Photography) by mightycrown1(m): 5:37pm On Oct 08, 2015
Re: The Humans Of Ogun State (street Photography) by Nobody: 5:38pm On Oct 08, 2015
The thread started beautifully but went downhill straight after hitting the frontpage. I guess educative threads like this're wasted once they hit there. Something about this thread made me feel my knowledge expand with every post made by the OP; its been too long since that's happened to me on nairaland.

Nice work OP, I really appreciate. Looking forward to someone posting the link to Humans in Lagos since it seems this thread would soon die from inane posts by mediocre Nigerian youth.

1 Like

Re: The Humans Of Ogun State (street Photography) by OCTAVO: 5:43pm On Oct 08, 2015
aitop:
This is a thread for The Humans in Ogun State.
For some times now I've wanted to go into street photography but I was not so eager and encouraged to go into it until I later found a thread created by tochiphotos titled the humans of Lagos, then I felt more encouraged to start the project immediately though I couldn't start on time as promised on the thread for some reasons.

This thread is a photography thread that will be focusing on capturing and sharing stories of humans in Ogun state.

Though the project is all about the humans of Ogun state but for a start most pictures will be coming from Abeokuta, state capital of Ogun state. I strongly believe as time passes by other places in Ogun state will be touched.

Welcoming everyone to the thread as well inviting you to like our Facebook page https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1471495759826875

I have just one question, what kind of camera do you use? I love photography too (for leisure though) I'm not getting enough from my phone's camera.
Re: The Humans Of Ogun State (street Photography) by UjSizzle(f): 5:50pm On Oct 08, 2015
charix:
The thread started beautifully but went downhill straight after hitting the frontpage. I guess educative threads like this're wasted once they hit there. Something about this thread made me feel my knowledge expand with every post made by the OP; its been too long since that's happened to me on nairaland.

Nice work OP, I really appreciate. Looking forward to someone posting the link to Humans in Lagos since it seems this thread would soon die from inane posts by mediocre Nigerian youth.
Here you go:

https://www.nairaland.com/2087155/humans-lagos-street-photography-project

Inspiring thread

1 Like

Re: The Humans Of Ogun State (street Photography) by UjSizzle(f): 5:51pm On Oct 08, 2015
OCTAVO:

I have just one question, what kind of camera do you use? I love photography too (for leisure though) I'm not getting enough from my phone's camera.
What phone are you using?
Re: The Humans Of Ogun State (street Photography) by sonnie10: 5:56pm On Oct 08, 2015
aitop:
Not quite long I mistakenly damaged my customer's tube while pumping air into it, he was very mad at me, but before he finished blowing his grammar I'd already bought a replacement.
I didn't know what I was thinking that I allowed myself to damage his tube. So, anytime I'm working I try as much as possible to concentrate or else what happened in 1976 will certainly repeat itself again.

Fix a gauge (they are actually very cheap) to your pumping machine, that way you know not go beyond the limit and stay out of trouble.
Re: The Humans Of Ogun State (street Photography) by dominique(f): 6:13pm On Oct 08, 2015
Google63:

He meant archiving; to put in an archive. May be you should try to understand things before rushing to correct.

Then the story is very incomplete as we don't know what he used to put in the archives in the first place. Or do you think I don't know what archives mean?
Re: The Humans Of Ogun State (street Photography) by Nobody: 6:14pm On Oct 08, 2015
UjSizzle:
Thank you very much.
Re: The Humans Of Ogun State (street Photography) by macaranta(m): 6:25pm On Oct 08, 2015
cool
Re: The Humans Of Ogun State (street Photography) by OCTAVO: 7:26pm On Oct 08, 2015
UjSizzle:

What phone are you using?
I use Samsung Galaxy A5, it's a 13mega pixel phone. Do you have any suggestion? I need digital camera with good zoom lens.
Re: The Humans Of Ogun State (street Photography) by Chuukwudi(m): 7:40pm On Oct 08, 2015
aitop:
In a very big well organized church I learnt playing trombone instrument, I was good playing the instrument. After some time I determined to learn playing violin when I saw a performance by a young man, the inspiration seeing the young man playing classical piece made me determined to learn violin. After a year or two learning violin i started playing classical pieces, i devoted my time practicing, and I practiced so well I was versatile playing classical pieces offhand.
There was a period during my early 20s I enjoyed so much, this period was the most joyous moment while growing up because I was popular and respected to be talented violinist within the church organization. Many people wanted to associate themselves with me especially the ladies.
During this period I got my dad attention, he was ready to please me, buy things for me according to my request. People bought very high quality violin for me after seeing my performance, and lot of gifts here and there.
Unfortunately I was carried away not seeing beyond my presence, I had series of problems with the ladies. Only a short period of time the hype started depreciating.
Right now I'm getting ready to marry in fact I will be settling down this month.

This is the part I love most. We are together. See my signature.

1 Like

Re: The Humans Of Ogun State (street Photography) by macof(m): 7:46pm On Oct 08, 2015
aitop:
Anything that looks like food always goes into the mouth.
grin grin
Re: The Humans Of Ogun State (street Photography) by maymay1(f): 8:41pm On Oct 08, 2015
hi , i reall love this thread, just keep it up. i can relate with all ur post becos i live in Abeokuta. i dey enjoy ur work. carry gooo jooor....
Re: The Humans Of Ogun State (street Photography) by aitop(m): 8:55pm On Oct 08, 2015
Wowwww! My thread Finally finds its way to front page, I'm really excited about this, sincerely I'm excited.
I really appreciate everyone's comments so far and I will be replying to some comments shortly. I just came online and surprised seeing my thread on front page.
Re: The Humans Of Ogun State (street Photography) by Ghandi12: 9:21pm On Oct 08, 2015
Endorsed
Re: The Humans Of Ogun State (street Photography) by Nobody: 9:56pm On Oct 08, 2015
I love this thread.keep it up.
Re: The Humans Of Ogun State (street Photography) by UjSizzle(f): 10:07pm On Oct 08, 2015
OCTAVO:

I use Samsung Galaxy A5, it's a 13mega pixel phone. Do you have any suggestion? I need digital camera with good zoom lens.
You might need to buy external lens even if you get a camera.
Re: The Humans Of Ogun State (street Photography) by OCTAVO: 10:15pm On Oct 08, 2015
UjSizzle:

You might need to buy external lens even if you get a camera.
Yes, I don't mind buying an external lens. I need recommendation (both Camera and lens).
Re: The Humans Of Ogun State (street Photography) by aitop(m): 10:26pm On Oct 08, 2015
OCTAVO:

My camera is Nikon D70 with 6mp, it's outdated camera designed to work like analog camera. I only take advantage of knowing what exactly to do with the settings before taken any picture. I don't recommend this camera for anyone, the camera is ten years backward only good for experienced photographers. I suggest you check amazon.com
Re: The Humans Of Ogun State (street Photography) by OCTAVO: 10:29pm On Oct 08, 2015
aitop:
My camera is Nikon D70 with 6mp, it's outdated camera designed to work like analog camera. I only take advantage of knowing what exactly to do with the settings before taken any picture. I don't recommend this camera for anyone, the camera is ten years backward only good for experienced photographers. I suggest you check amazon.com
Ok, thanks.
Re: The Humans Of Ogun State (street Photography) by aitop(m): 10:55pm On Oct 08, 2015
Setaje:
Op I hope u have an instagram page and a Facebook page. It's very important. I follow humans of lagos on instagram and humans of new York on Facebook. I must say humans of new York is so so inspiring. I urge people to follow them on fb. If you think u have problems? Follow humans of new York and u will thank God everyday of your life. The owner of the page is about to release a book. It's a Compilations of all his stories. Op I wish u good luck. Hoping to see humans of oyo, osun, ekiti and ondo.
thanks for your comment, the facebook link is https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1471495759826875 instangram https://instagram.com/thehumansofogun/ though I had to create an account on instagram first before responding.

1 Like

Re: The Humans Of Ogun State (street Photography) by lanre88(m): 11:04pm On Oct 08, 2015
Any Abeokuta babe here, let's hook up?
Re: The Humans Of Ogun State (street Photography) by aitop(m): 12:12am On Oct 09, 2015
micronut:
Nice one Op! Now let me chip in my little contribution. Your don't have to copy the pattern of "Humans Lagos" or whatever it is. What you need is the concept and idea. Think about it, how do you make money from this aside the usual pix and the likes (Ofcos it's true everything is not about money, but then something good have to be coming as a budding enterpreneur).

Now my advice;
1. Change the name from human ogun to something catchy like "OgunStreets", "LifeinOgun", "WorriesinClips", "OgunTimeline" and may be HustlesInPics. The concept is to capture the street hustle with words and pix.
2. Try and Create a blog or site and paste ur pictures, with simple stories and drive traffic to it.
3. Try and get a niche for your pix, you may try and visit Artisans like welder, carpenters (funiture makers), Generator repairers, students doing business and the likes. show their wonderful works, post their fone numbers and from there, you can start getting little money from it.

It's all about vision and determination. Visit slums and ghettos, narrate their stories, show beauties and the ugly side of abeokuta and may be ogun state, visit historic towns and villages in ogun state with rich culture and tradition.

Visit elders or older generations, share their experiece, wao moment, regrets and wishes for people to see. Explore farms and advice youths on how to key in with quality pictures. Soon Govt officials, Couples and Entrepreneurs would be giving you calls to feature them on your documentary page.

Wish you all the best.
thanks for your comment
This is my first street photography project, I've never done anything like this before aside from event photography. I was interested in street photography but my problem was how to start, now that i'm finally into it definately i must continue and as well get used to it. This platform alone is a force to push me into the street and never stop shooting.

Concerning the name of the project i think adding the listed names to my project will be additions and it will be well managed due to experience I would have gathered through this project.

No 2and3 will be helpful as well. Thanks for the ideas
Re: The Humans Of Ogun State (street Photography) by UjSizzle(f): 1:24am On Oct 09, 2015
OCTAVO:

Yes, I don't mind buying an external lens. I need recommendation (both Camera and lens).
You know it's not about the camera, right? It's who wields the tool.

A 13mp can/should take great shots if you use it right.
Go take a look at the mobile photography thread in Arts/Graphics section.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

7 Burnt To Death As Commercial Bus Catches Fire In Lagos / Chuks Samson, The U.K Returnee Seen Wandering Around Lagos, Found (pics,video) / Illegal Foreigners In A Truck Arrested In Abuja (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.