Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,995 members, 7,825,072 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 05:32 AM

Questioning The Implausibilities 2 (reason Over Faith) - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Questioning The Implausibilities 2 (reason Over Faith) (2744 Views)

Questioning The Implausibilities 4 (myth Or Truth) / Faith Oyedepo's 60th Birthday: Adeboye, Enenche, Ibiyeomie Others Attend / Questioning The Implausibilities 3 (original Sin) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Questioning The Implausibilities 2 (reason Over Faith) by johnydon22(m): 7:45am On Oct 01, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

This should be a great topic for drunks in a beer parlor
Its my opinion though

You know me well, i don't exchange words with children when they start clowning...

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Questioning The Implausibilities 2 (reason Over Faith) by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:50am On Oct 01, 2015
johnydon22:

You know me well, i don't exchange words with children when they start clowning...

Why so pained '

I clearly said it was my opinion . undecided

1 Like

Re: Questioning The Implausibilities 2 (reason Over Faith) by johnydon22(m): 12:55pm On Oct 01, 2015
Krystalzkris:
very nice one. I hope some wailing wailers wont come here to show their selves.

Lmao... Wailing wailers kwa...grin
Re: Questioning The Implausibilities 2 (reason Over Faith) by Krystalzkris(f): 1:28pm On Oct 01, 2015
johnydon22:

Lmao... Wailing wailers kwa...grin
ehe na.. Those who wouldnt understand d post buh will come here to wail and talk nonsense

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Questioning The Implausibilities 2 (reason Over Faith) by justlove91(m): 4:43pm On Oct 01, 2015
@op
I commemorate you for the write which aims at showing uh absurdities of the religious God.
I must say many people associate God with religion and. that's where the problem lies and where religion fuels the disbelieve in God. God is not like what religion depicts, that kind of God is a figment of their imagination.
God is logical anything illogical should not be associated with God.
I only will urge atheists to look for God else where, I repeat religion has nothing to say about God, they have no idea.
Re: Questioning The Implausibilities 2 (reason Over Faith) by justlove91(m): 4:45pm On Oct 01, 2015
@op
I commend you for the write which aims at showing the absurdities of the religious God.
I must say many people associate God with religion and that's where the problem lies and where religion fuels the disbelieve in God. God is not like what religion depicts, that kind of God is a figment of their imagination.
I only will urge atheists to look for God else where, I repeat religion has nothing to say about God, they have no idea.
Re: Questioning The Implausibilities 2 (reason Over Faith) by johnydon22(m): 4:54pm On Oct 01, 2015
justlove91:
@op
I commend you for the write which aims at showing the absurdities of the religious God.
I must say many people associate God with religion and that's where the problem lies and where religion fuels the disbelieve in God. God is not like what religion depicts, that kind of God is a figment of their imagination.

Good so now quick questions.

(1)How did you get to know about your own God?

(2)How did you know your own God is the correct one and not Allah, yahweh, zeus or other religious Gods out there?

(3)Mind postulating your method of deduction about your own God concept by providing us with actual proofs that substantiates your claims..

Thanks between

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Questioning The Implausibilities 2 (reason Over Faith) by justlove91(m): 5:31pm On Oct 01, 2015
johnydon22:

Good so now quick questions.

(2)How did you know your own God is the correct one and not Allah, yahweh, zeus or other religious Gods out there?

(3)Mind postulating your method of deduction about your own God concept by providing us with actual proofs that substantiates your claims..

Thanks between
Like I said in my post God is logical, and any idea I see of God that is logical to me is the truth. You pointed out the falsehood of the religion God because it's not logical.
For example I was born into a Muslim family and when I found out their idea of God is illogical to me and contradicts my morality I left it.
So am for logic
Re: Questioning The Implausibilities 2 (reason Over Faith) by johnydon22(m): 5:52pm On Oct 01, 2015
justlove91:

Like I said in my post God is logical, and any idea I see of God that is logical to me is the truth. You pointed out the falsehood of the religion God because it's not logical.
For example I was born into a Muslim family and when I found out their idea of God is illogical to me and contradicts my morality I left it.
So am for logic
You sure know you didn't answer my question sir!!

(2)How did you know your own God is the correct one and not Allah,
yahweh, zeus or other religious Gods out there?

(3)Mind postulating your method of deduction about your own God concept
by providing us with actual proofs that substantiates your claims..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Questioning The Implausibilities 2 (reason Over Faith) by justlove91(m): 6:02pm On Oct 01, 2015
johnydon22:

I answered your question already bro.
We as humans are logical beings which means a God who created us should be logical also. So any idea or attribute I see of this God which is not logical is definitely is false.
Re: Questioning The Implausibilities 2 (reason Over Faith) by justlove91(m): 6:38pm On Oct 01, 2015
johnydon22:

1. Through studying and independent research.
2. Because my own concept of God is logical to me and those with open mind. I only disagree with Allah or Yehwey because their concept contradicts my reasoning.
3. You talk of PROOF as if you will even take the time to check it out before dismissing it. You asked for proof from me before, and I created this thread because of you https://www.nairaland.com/2173445/afterlife-proof-atheists-whoever-cares
only to see that you don't even read the books before you start refuting them.
I know you don't just wake up one day and become an atheist, you did your studies, likewise if you really want to know about the existence of God you should be able to at least read the proof presented after all you asked for proof. Those books are not religious books so don't tell me you know their content already.
All I see you(and other atheists ) refuting always is the religion concept of God.
Let me just ask you this question: Have you ever taken the time to look for God OUTSIDE religion?

1 Like

Re: Questioning The Implausibilities 2 (reason Over Faith) by johnydon22(m): 6:50pm On Oct 01, 2015
justlove91:

1. Through studying and independent research.
Through research of what and what?

2. Because my own concept of God is logical to me and those with open mind. I only disagree with Allah or Yehwey because their concept contradicts my reasoning.
This still doesn't mean your own God concept is the real one and not yahweh. . After all you have just shown that your concept is a personal projection of your thoughts and not an existential entity in actuality.

3. You talk of PROOF as if you will even take the time to check it out before dismissing it. You asked for proof from me before, and I created this thread because of you https://www.nairaland.com/2173445/afterlife-proof-atheists-whoever-cares
Near death experiences are illusionary projection of the brain during the state of clinical death, The brain is the box of perception and illusion and remains the last organ in the body to shut down after death.

NED experiences is common among heart attack patients and has always been found to create illusions found in the religious views of the patient.

it is not proof of anything neither does it lean any wait on your own God concept. You God concept remains a claim on your own part of which you need to tender actual proofs not lay out more claims..

only to see that you don't even read the books before you start refuting them.
I know you don't just wake up one day and become an atheist, you did your studies, likewise if you really want to know about the existence of God you should be able to at least read the proof presented after all you asked for proof. Those books are not religious books so don't tell me you know their content already.
All I see you(and other atheists ) refuting always is the religion concept of God.
Let me just ask you this question: Have you ever taken the time to look for God OUTSIDE religion?

Last i checked here i am not arguing with you here over religious concepts of God but yours.

The sun is an existential entity that doesn't need you to lay claims for it because it is right there beaming at you.

Please provide actual proof of your God here and not lay out more absurd claims

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Questioning The Implausibilities 2 (reason Over Faith) by justlove91(m): 7:10pm On Oct 01, 2015
johnydon22:
Through research of what and what?

This still doesn't mean your own God concept is the real one and not yahweh. . After all you have just shown that your concept is a personal projection of your thoughts and not an existential entity in actuality.

Near death experiences are illusionary projection of the brain during the state of clinical death, The brain is the box of perception and illusion and remains the last organ in the body to shut down after death.

NED experiences is common among heart attack patients and has always been found to create illusions found in the religious views of the patient.

it is not proof of anything neither does it lean any wait on your own God concept. You God concept remains a claim on your own part of which you need to tender actual proofs not lay out more claims..

Last i checked here i am not arguing with you here over religious concepts of God but yours.

The sun is an existential entity that doesn't need you to lay claims for it because it is right there beaming at you.

Please provide actual proof of your God here and not lay out more absurd claims
The books I posted has nothing to do with near death which shows that you haven't read the books, you're just repeating your preconceived ideologies. Check out what I presented before asking for more proof as if you're that serious to know.
In fact I didn't expect this from you, you're not handling it in a scientific manner at all.
To have a scientific mind is to have an open mind before drawing conclusions.
Near death ko
And don't forget to answer my question: Have you ever look for God existence OUTSIDE religion?
Re: Questioning The Implausibilities 2 (reason Over Faith) by johnydon22(m): 7:19pm On Oct 01, 2015
justlove91:

The books I posted has nothing to do with near death which shows that you haven't read the books, you're just repeating your preconceived ideologies. Check out what I presented before asking for more proof as if you're that serious to know.
Oh meeeehn i just clicked the link now ... seriously the ghost story thread you created sometime ago... for goodness sake i am tired of nonsensical claims here ..

In fact I didn't expect this from you, you're not handling it in a scientific manner at all.
To have a scientific mind is to have an open mind before drawing conclusions.
Near death ko
And don't forget to answer my question: Have you ever look for God existence OUTSIDE religion?
Nobody needs to look anywhere for the existence of something that should be existential in the first place..

Like i said above, i am not seeing you pouring out ridiculous e-books to assert the existence of the sun.

Any baseless claim should be treated as one until substantiated by actual proof.

I repeat again, proffer actual proof of the existence of your own God or don't just waste my time any further...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Questioning The Implausibilities 2 (reason Over Faith) by justlove91(m): 7:59pm On Oct 01, 2015
johnydon22:
Oh meeeehn i just clicked the link now ... seriously the ghost story thread you created sometime ago... for goodness sake i am tired of nonsensical claims here ..

Nobody needs to look anywhere for the existence of something that should be existential in the first place..

Like i said above, i am not seeing you pouring out ridiculous e-books to assert the existence of the sun.

Any baseless claim should be treated as one until substantiated by actual proof.

I repeat again, proffer actual proof of the existence of your own God or don't just waste my time any further...
What I can deduce from this reply is that it's wrong to claim that God doesn't exist until we've all knowledge and are sure God didn't really exist.
And this is what am always saying and trying to let atheists see, which is you just can't confirm that their is no God because your dont know everything, the honourable position to take is to be skeptical, create the possibility God MIGHT exist after all there are so many thing we don't know yet.
That's why I prefer to be agnostic than to affirm authoritatively that there is nothing like God and there is NO possibility that God exist like atheists do.
I don't have any issue with atheists than how can they be completely sure God doesn't exist.
At least agnostics have an open mind, they're open to possibility of God's existence, they're not close minded like atheists.
Again, the message am trying to really pass across is don't be too sure there is no God as if you know everything.
Am not asking anybody to believe in God sheepishly without asking question, even the books I posted on that thread are not meant to "convert" anybody but to create that element of doubt that you MIGHT be wrong in your conviction that there is no God, it's good to doubt sometimes and I don't oppose questioning anything that don't go with your reasoning all am saying is don't be too presumptuous. It's when you're too presumptuous that atheism becomes a believe system you can't even challenge yourself.
I wouldn't have this conversation with an agnostic because they're open to the POSSIBILITY of the existence of God.
Never say Never
Re: Questioning The Implausibilities 2 (reason Over Faith) by onetrack(m): 9:03pm On Oct 01, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

This should be a great topic for drunks in a beer parlor

Its my opinion though

I actually do that sometimes. Occasionally I debate a group of Muslims in a certain bar from time to time (we are 'regulars' so to speak), one of whom is a mallam, which is good because he can actually give the verses in Arabic and discuss the translation. They all know I'm atheist, but they all drink alcohol including the mallam shocked so they can hardly be judgmental. smiley
Re: Questioning The Implausibilities 2 (reason Over Faith) by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:14pm On Oct 01, 2015
onetrack:

I actually do that sometimes. Occasionally I debate a group of Muslims in a certain bar from time to time (we are 'regulars' so to speak), one of whom is a mallam, which is good because he can actually give the verses in Arabic and discuss the translation. They all know I'm atheist, but they all drink alcohol including the mallam shocked so they can hardly be judgmental. smiley

Lolz ... see I was right .

And johnny thought I was mocking him

Lol
Re: Questioning The Implausibilities 2 (reason Over Faith) by Shollyps(m): 9:03am On Oct 07, 2015
johnydon22:

Hahahaha he is experimenting and humans are the lab rat right? wink

An all omniscient deity or being should have known the results of this experiment even before carrying it out....lol..
you av not written about your education life....are you a graduate..if yes...your school,the department n year ...probably MSC or PhD aswell..you are very intelligent.. lolz
..also wen did you become an atheist?.. I mean the year..who/wat prompt you to become an atheist .explain in details...are you still attending Church,maybe because of the pressure from your parent.. thanks...#dairies
Re: Questioning The Implausibilities 2 (reason Over Faith) by johnydon22(m): 11:04am On Oct 28, 2015
Shollyps:
you av not written about your education life....are you a graduate..if yes...your school,the department n year ...probably MSC or PhD aswell..you are very intelligent.. lolz
..also wen did you become an atheist?.. I mean the year..who/wat prompt you to become an atheist .explain in details...are you still attending Church,maybe because of the pressure from your parent.. thanks...#dairies
when are you opening yours? wink
Re: Questioning The Implausibilities 2 (reason Over Faith) by Shollyps(m): 11:59am On Oct 28, 2015
johnydon22:
when are you opening yours? wink
you mean when I will write about myself?
Re: Questioning The Implausibilities 2 (reason Over Faith) by demolagilbert: 6:55pm On Nov 01, 2015
You're an intelligent fella..I'll give you that. Not gonna write a long epistle, and this is not a rebuttal. But even science and ur intellect are inspired and driven by a force. Science has offered a lot of explanations for quite a number of things but i can tell you that the greater percentage of erstwhile intangible things, occurences in the world today can never be explained by science. To Reason is vital, and i employ it and that is why i cannot be deluded by religion. I believe i have a life and a purpose and a direction and a maker guiding me thru it all. Not a pastor, not a priest, not my family, none of that. In my brief journey in life so far i have hd experiences that leave me in no doubt at all that my GOD exists. Every man must chose his own path and what he will stand for, and i have chosen that, and i live that. GOD is not remotely any of the things you highlighted here. He is GOD! Everything and everywhere and he doesn't need praise or acknowledgement, or approval to function. I praise him not because he demands or bullies me to, but because he deserves it, he is worthy of it. My decision to praise or not to praise doesn't make him any more GOD or any less GOD. He doesn't arm-twist or threaten or wreak havoc to make a point. He is all-powerful, all knowing, all perfect. He has no enemy, he cant because he is all-powerful. Satan is not an enemy of GOD, he is enemy to the children of GOD. I would say GOD has given us all the choice and liberty to be whatever, do whatever and believe whatever. It neither diminishes not increases what he IS. The way i see it, as we all go thru life and it's experiences, we can live like we hv a powerful maker charting a course for us and knowing he is there all the way, OR we could rely on our wisdom, experiences and understanding in life's journey, OR we could live life being flat out evil and antagonistic to all that is good, in other words in satan's camp. In the end, WE make that choice. I know i have made mine.

johnydon22:
[b]Before anyone comes here to lament how this is an attack on their religion, let it be known here that the word "God" in this post is not referring to any one deity here, just as the word is used normally the word will be used here to refer to the theistic God concept.

This is a mind stroking topic that as always is a charge to independent reason and to apply reason in belief.

It is not a hidden thing that Religions and Belief strives on Faith. From a very young age we have be taught to believe it, have faith, do not question it because it is a sin.

I remember vividly in one of our catechism classes as a child a boy asked "Why did God create the tree that wasn't supposed to be eaten?"
The voice of our catechism teacher as she scolded the little boy for asking this question.

"Don't question God because it is a sin unless you want to go to hell" This has been a catchy line used to coerced young Children into submission, used to murder their curiosity, used to instill fear of their own reason and the result is everywhere.

Most adults in their religions now are afraid to cultivate healthy questions against their belief or employ the use of reason on their belief. The premise for theses questions are there but the fear of allowing this question cultivate holds them in check as a result of the indoctrination they were subjected to as children.

These implausible tales are meant to be believed and not questioned according to religions. you should believe them by "Faith" no matter how absurd it sounds as long as you hold unto it by "Faith" then it must be true.

Why should the young minds be discouraged from questions? why should the employment of healthy reason not be applied to religious beliefs and why should these belief rely on indoctrinations of a young mind for continuity.

Only a lie would fear questions, the truth do not fear scrutinization or review, the truth do not bank on the gullibility of a child's mind (who doesn't know what he find to be plausible or not yet) to ensure conformity.

If your parents waited for you to get up to this age before telling you for the first time the story of a man who was travelling and his donkey talked to him, there is no doubt that you would have laughed and told him uptight how such tales were mythological fabrications

But it had to be sung into you as a child, scolded into you that it is true and a child has no choice but to believe what you tell them unlike an adult who is able to weight and disagree.

So why should religions thrive on the backs of young gullible minds?

Why is this truth shying away from independent minds?

and why is this truth an enemy of questions.?

Take for instance during our catechism class, the young boy was very correct. I never thought about that particular question until i became a grown up, let us be truthful to ourselves.

According to the tale: God didn't want the fruit to be eaten, the fruit according to God is not good for humans then why put it there in the first place?

I have a poisoned biscuit for mouse bait, i know it is dangerous for children and not good for them. I am fully aware of this but instead of keeping the biscuit inside my pocket i brought it out to the children, kept it in front of them and say "Don't touch it" and when they eventually do i blame them for it?

Who exactly are we kidding?

This has been one of the numerous tales we have been told to swallow with faith, do not question it because the ways of God is not the ways of my man.

That my friend is what i call arrant nonsense.

Furthering the cause of "Faith" it buries a mind in inconsistency and keeps him bolted in his own delusion.
In Greek classical antiquity we are faced with the story of Perseus having a flying horse! We all are indifferent to this because we recognize it to be myth, because we all know flying horses are constructs of plain mythology.

But yet again Muhammed rode a flying horse to Jerusalem and some of us hold this to be true. .who exactly are we kidding?

You hold the former to be myth but to the later because you have "Faith" in it you hold it to be true, this betrays the dishonesty in the position of faith.

If the first is a myth because there is no flying horse then there is no way the second instance can be true. But this outright implausibility have been laid out to be believed with Faith.

Faith which is believing something whether it is true or not should not in the first place be a basis of conclusion.

You and i do not believe by FAITH that the sun is there, No, we lack faith that there is a sun rather we are SURE that there is a sun.

So why then do we need faith in a premise where we are not sure of?

why then are we encouraged to believe a story by faith and not because we are sure of it?

why then do we need to revere what we hold on to by faith more than the things we are sure of?

If scientific deductions worked like Faith, e.g " I cannot verify the radioactive decay of this compound but i feel it in my heart that it is real, i have faith that it is real?" Let us be truthful to ourselves, would any of us take this serious?

Or a doctor telling you he do not know what is wrong with you but he has faith it is just a headache, wouldn't you leave that hospital without looking back?

Then why do we bury our reason in the inconsistency of faith?

Our faith in anything do not make that thing true, it doesn't even make it probably true or near truth. Our faith in something only affirms we believe it whether it is true or not.

But do we honestly believe it is right to believe something by Faith and not evidence?

Why is it that for obvious things like the SUN nobody needs faith to believe it but when it comes to the subject of a deity or the outright myths that accompanies it as found in most religious books, one is encouraged to hold on to it by faith.

Is it better to hold on to it by faith (whether it is true or not) OR is it better to rely on the evidence of what is to reach a successive approximation.

If someone honestly think it is right to hold on to a postulation by Faith and not evidence then that person is open and vulnerable to any absurd dogma, coercion or whim.

If we think it is more acceptable to base our beliefs on what an ancient book said or what someone said we must believe, then it is obviously evidential that we will not have freedom of thought.

Our own faith will trap us in these inconsistencies and untruths because in that position we would be unable to abandon such ideas when evidence against them comes along because we had no regard for evidence in believing them in the first place.

This like numerous ways religions has bolted us in these implausibilities that can't and shouldn't be questioned.

We have been convinced to believe by Faith that a snake talked and told a woman to eat a fruit.

Or a man somewhere in the Arab world was revealed by some immaterial creature, a book directly from the creator of the universe. One look at this book betrays the plagiarism of older texts, but somehow people are meant to believe Muhammad got it from Allah anyway.

Or a virgin got pregnant without intercourse at the same time that virgin was able to deliver without caesarean operation. In this implausibilities our faith has acted like a fish net that keeps us locked into this belief.

It is not a new thing for religions to make unfounded claims like God lives outside the universe and God is perfect.

This unfounded claims that needs to be believed by Faith even though the obvious goes contrary to this.
Perfection cannot make imperfection, If God is perfect then the story of satan has been murdered. Only something imperfect can make something imperfect.

God is all powerful but he is still playing a bet of souls with his alleged creature Satan.

Something as powerful and omni as God cannot have an enemy but religions asserts a God who has an enemy, the worst part is this enemy is still a product of this God, this enemy was powerful enough to destroy or sabotage the plans of an all powerful God like in Eden, God sometimes teams up with this enemy to go mess with someone like they did to job.

Some humans even travel on a pilgrimage to go and stone the enemy of an all powerful God, can one begin to just imagine the outright nonsensical ideas religions has bathed the world with.

A hindu will always claim Brahma seats outside the universe and is all powerful, a muslim claims so for Allah and a christian for yahweh.

They mostly make this claim based on what a book written by primitive men said, even if there is such a thing there is no way you can know, since it is outside human perception how the hell then did you get to know even to the extent of knowing it's characters.

But come to think of it, you assert a God that is all powerful and outside space and time but yet this God;

Needs worship that he can burn you if you don't give it.
Needs praise
needs acknowledgement.
Needs love even if he/she has to threaten you into it
Is not interested if a crane falls or not but is interested if i masturbate
Likes the smell of burning flesh
demands bloody sacrifices
exhibits mundane traits like hatred, jealousy, anger, wrath, judgemental not to talk of an outstanding ego.
Needs humans to speak or kill for it.
is confined to the pages of a book to speak or claim existentiality.

This list can go on and on to see how the characteristics heaped on this Gods or God concept in totality nullifies or contradicts its other traits like being perfect.

A perfect being wouldn't posses any of the above traits mentioned above. . Even a human who possess all of the above, i wonder what we would make out of such human, but apparently it is ok if it's a deity.

Something perfect needs not worship or praise or acknowledgement because it doesn't add or remove from what it is but then why are we faced with one that is even threatening to burn you if you don't give these things and still dub it perfect. That is outrightly absurd.

God has disturbing characteristics like loving the smell of burnt flesh, exhibits punny emotions that are as a result of insecurity.
Hatred, jealousy, anger, wrath are mundane traits possessed by mundane beings as a result of their insecurity and instability of emotion. i wonder how an all powerful and perfect deity should operate within the confines of these childish and disturbing insecure human emotions.

Yet again this is how religions bolts a mind in inconsistency by the act of having faith without question.

Cultivating questions should be one of the remarkable traits of humans as a being with intellect. How come this curiosity is killed when it comes to applying it to religions?

How come Islam threatens torture and death if you blaspheme on Allah or his prophet.

The minds have been held far too long into absurdities by faith, it is time to let the nudging attempts of your reason to break free and let the questions cultivate.

To me personally i would rather base my confidence on reason, consistent logic, systematic deductions and evidence than base it on faith.

Faith to me is a dishonest position that involves emotionally clutching to a stoic conviction of an assertion that is postulated against reason which also needs to be defended against reason.

If just like the sun is not believed by faith, anything needs to be believed by faith( whether is is true or not) and not evidence then it is not worth believing in the first place.
[/b]
Re: Questioning The Implausibilities 2 (reason Over Faith) by johnydon22(m): 9:19pm On Nov 01, 2015
demolagilbert:
You're an intelligent fella..I'll give you that. Not gonna write a long epistle, and this is not a rebuttal.

Thanks you too

But even science and ur intellect are inspired and driven by a force.

quite correct and this is called "Curiosity" Understanding you do not know and striving to know..

That is what drives study and our ability to know..

Science has offered a lot of explanations for quite a number of things but i can tell you that the greater percentage of erstwhile intangible things, occurrences in the world today can never be explained by science. To Reason is vital, and i employ it and that is why i cannot be deluded by religion.

I quite don't agree here about things that can NEVER be explained. . . You don't have an explanation to them doesn't mean it doesn't have an explanation.

Having a mindset "It can never be explained" is an enemy of striving to know these things because first you have established that "You cannot"

I for one understand there are things that have not been explained but i'd rather not filled the gap left by the ignorance with assumptions.

We don't know means you don't and so strive to know and not assume. . . Through systematic deductions and consistent study can we make sense of what is and not through unfounded assumptions that clouds our drive to strive to know.

I think personally that Reason is necessary rather than being just a sufficient factor...

I believe i have a life and a purpose and a direction and a maker guiding me thru it all. Not a pastor, not a priest, not my family, none of that.

There isn't much difference between you and i except that:

I know i have a life and i have a purpose of which goes in coincide with what i as an independent entity wants it to be.
And i need no external unfounded claims of a maker guiding any of my actions, i am responsible for my own actions.

I am responsible for my own standards and i alone enforce it of which i choose to be in conformity with pleasing mutual human interactions...

In my brief journey in life so far i have hd experiences that leave me in no doubt at all that my GOD exists. Every man must chose his own path and what he will stand for, and i have chosen that, and i live that.

When asked of these experiences one would not help but quite notice it is mostly experiences people tend to infuse into the claim of personal Gods.
And this is no different from many things i laid out in this thread, it all lies in the perception of different individuals.

GOD is not remotely any of the things you highlighted here.

Of course the concepts of God differs in every ramification, am sure we have pantheistic and deistic God concepts....

He is GOD! Everything and everywhere and he doesn't need praise or acknowledgement, or approval to function. I praise him not because he demands or bullies me to, but because he deserves it, he is worthy of it. My decision to praise or not to praise doesn't make him any more GOD or any less GOD. He doesn't arm-twist or threaten or wreak havoc to make a point. He is all-powerful, all knowing, all perfect. He has no enemy, he cant because he is all-powerful. Satan is not an enemy of GOD, he is enemy to the children of GOD. I would say GOD has given us all the choice and liberty to be whatever, do whatever and believe whatever. It neither diminishes not increases what he IS. The way i see it, as we all go thru life and it's experiences,
[b]
You see when one look at this post one could not help you are a Christian trying to distance his own idea of God from what the basis of his beliefs say it is.

-Going from the bible this God gets jealous when one worships something else..
This jealousy is stark insecurity and blatant childishness and unlike you defence up there connotes a being yearning for worship.

- Going by the doctrines of the Christian and Islamic faith and most other theistic religions on this planet (of which my post was addressing) This God is busy going to judge who to burn and who not to based on the tilt of their belief.

Unlike your defence this God concepts still exhibits this forceful coercion of ensuring belief through fearful submissive tyranny of judgment based on a belief.

-Still from the bible this God loves the smell of burning flesh and so many other childish characteristics that betrays such constructs to be nothing more than mundane assertions of an extra-ordinary claim.

For the simple fact that you are trying to distance the concept of God you want to believe from the basic tenets of such concepts as derived from theistic fundamentals of which you lean on, it betrays a mind that find such ideas as absurd as i find it but tries to modify it to suite his own ideas. . . When one believes what he wants but yet with a basis from a fundamental source then obviously that is one that believes himself

I find the idea of personal Gods a noble construct but yet a childish one in the explanation of what is and the fables accompanying these claims to be eloquent but naive primitive and feeble assertions.
[/b]

we can live like we hv a powerful maker charting a course for us and knowing he is there all the way,

If there is such a being then he is making quite a mess of it.

you see living our lives for a greater good of humanity or aspiring to live ethical lives in conformity with societal goodness has absolutely nothing to do with living as if there is a thing like a powerful maker.

OR we could rely on our wisdom, experiences and understanding in life's journey, OR we could live life being flat out evil and antagonistic to all that is good, in other words in satan's camp. In the end, WE make that choice. I know i have made mine.
[b]

It is a good thing you have made your choice of believing in a personal God who is all powerful and all good creator of the universe but runs a bizarre show of baseless test run on unknowing feeble humans wriggling in human business like some flat out punny princess.

I on the other hand would rather rely on what i can learn and make out of the world as i know it, i'd rather rely on my reasons, study, systematic deductions and mutual pleasing societal actions than delude myself with the idea of personal Gods.

I lack such a thing as faith it takes to believe such ideas or the stories that accompanies it.

Our actions as humans can only bear a weight of right or wrong when it comes in contrast with its effects on others and things around us...

I did not choose to not believe in God, No as a matter of fact i am just being honest with myself to point out irrationalities or live with the assumptions of there is when it has shown not to be anymore than primitive gap filler and wishful thinking..
[/b]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Questioning The Implausibilities 2 (reason Over Faith) by demolagilbert: 12:09am On Nov 02, 2015
I am a scientist by all means, and yet i still maintain that despite the giant strides we have made in science, a great percentage of phenomena defy explanation. Till today despite that we have studied the blood and know virtually all that there is to know about it, science still cannot make blood.....and dats even citing something as comprehensible as blood. How can science explain how a simple pituitary gland controls the entire body without fail from birth till death. The pituitary gland is so amazing it know what your body needs, or even what you want to think or feel before hand..how can science explain how the most complex machine known as the brain came into being from series of simple cell divisions. Look at it critically, and you will find that from the very simple to the very complex, even the strides of science are still small fragments of a much much bigger picture. Science is great but it is limited. That's my take. As per my life's experiences, i would know better. I don't need to over-flog that. Burning of flesh? Lets be specific, we'r talkin animal flesh. None of all the numerous rites conducted during that foregone era are of any relevance in our time. A heartfelt prayer more than suffices. And if you look at it critically right from the start, GOD never got it wrong, Man did and always has. Tell a child not to touch a flame n you can bet he/she will.. n only learn from the burn that will follow. It's inherent. I wont bother going into the doctrines, commandments, rites or comparative analysis of Old vs. New testament ish..none of that. There's a saying that if you dont stand for something, you fall for anything. My stand? I go about my daily bizniz whilst recognizing that force that flung the sun to burn in space, that painted the night skies with stars, that did not cause my stomach to be disintegrated by the same acid it produces. And he doesnt need me, nor my dad, or mum, or any future kids i might have to be GOD. He just IS. I KNOW i need him, i choose to believe he is the source of all i am and have, and all that i will be and will have.
Quote author=johnydon22 post=39590462

Thanks you too[/i][/b]

quite correct and this is called "Curiosity" Understanding you do not know and striving to know..

That is what drives study and our ability to know..

I quite don't agree here about things that can NEVER be explained. . . You don't have an explanation to them doesn't mean it doesn't have an explanation.

Having a mindset "It can never be explained" is an enemy of striving to know these things because first you have established that "You cannot"

I for one understand there are things that have not been explained but i'd rather not filled the gap left by the ignorance with assumptions.

We don't know means you don't and so strive to know and not assume. . . Through systematic deductions and consistent study can we make sense of what is and not through unfounded assumptions that clouds our drive to strive to know.

I think personally that Reason is necessary rather than being just a sufficient factor...

There isn't much difference between you and i except that:

I know i have a life and i have a purpose of which goes in coincide with what i as an independent entity wants it to be.
And i need no external unfounded claims of a maker guiding any of my actions, i am responsible for my own actions.

I am responsible for my own standards and i alone enforce it of which i choose to be in conformity with pleasing mutual human interactions...

When asked of these experiences one would not help but quite notice it is mostly experiences people tend to infuse into the claim of personal Gods.
And this is no different from many things i laid out in this thread, it all lies in the perception of different individuals.

Of course the concepts of God differs in every ramification, am sure we have pantheistic and deistic God concepts....

[b]
You see when one look at this post one could not help you are a Christian trying to distance his own idea of God from what the basis of his beliefs say it is.

-Going from the bible this God gets jealous when one worships something else..
This jealousy is stark insecurity and blatant childishness and unlike you defence up there connotes a being yearning for worship.

- Going by the doctrines of the Christian and Islamic faith and most other theistic religions on this planet (of which my post was addressing) This God is busy going to judge who to burn and who not to based on the tilt of their belief.

Unlike your defence this God concepts still exhibits this forceful coercion of ensuring belief through fearful submissive tyranny of judgment based on a belief.

-Still from the bible this God loves the smell of burning flesh and so many other childish characteristics that betrays such constructs to be nothing more than mundane assertions of an extra-ordinary claim.

For the simple fact that you are trying to distance the concept of God you want to believe from the basic tenets of such concepts as derived from theistic fundamentals of which you lean on, it betrays a mind that find such ideas as absurd as i find it but tries to modify it to suite his own ideas. . . When one believes what he wants but yet with a basis from a fundamental source then obviously that is one that believes himself

I find the idea of personal Gods a noble construct but yet a childish one in the explanation of what is and the fables accompanying these claims to be eloquent but naive primitive and feeble assertions.
[/b]

If there is such a being then he is making quite a mess of it.

you see living our lives for a greater good of humanity or aspiring to live ethical lives in conformity with societal goodness has absolutely nothing to do with living as if there is a thing like a powerful maker.

[b]

It is a good thing you have made your choice of believing in a personal God who is all powerful and all good creator of the universe but runs a bizarre show of baseless test run on unknowing feeble humans wriggling in human business like some flat out punny princess.

I on the other hand would rather rely on what i can learn and make out of the world as i know it, i'd rather rely on my reasons, study, systematic deductions and mutual pleasing societal actions than delude myself with the idea of personal Gods.

I lack such a thing as faith it takes to believe such ideas or the stories that accompanies it.

Our actions as humans can only bear a weight of right or wrong when it comes in contrast with its effects on others and things around us...

I did not choose to not believe in God, No as a matter of fact i am just being honest with myself to point out irrationalities or live with the assumptions of there is when it has shown not to be anymore than primitive gap filler and wishful thinking..
[/b][/quote]
Re: Questioning The Implausibilities 2 (reason Over Faith) by johnydon22(m): 11:10am On Dec 03, 2015
demolagilbert:
I am a scientist by all means, and yet i still maintain that despite the giant strides we have made in science, a great percentage of phenomena defy explanation.
Phenomenons that have no explanations YET are phenomenons that require to be studied, scrutinized... Once anything is studied, the whole picture becomes clearer the main problem is studying it..

As a scientist which you say you are asserting that things defy explanations can never be explained makes one question what exactly you mean by claiming a scientist.. Because last i checked science never asserts nothing can be explained, only the necessary approach needs to be taken.

Ancient men couldn't explain what the milky way band was, now we have .. nothing is beyond ascertaining as long as you have the right approach and means towards that subject.

Till today despite that we have studied the blood and know virtually all that there is to know about it, science still cannot make blood.....and dats even citing something as comprehensible as blood.
So you are banking on the gap of what is in order to get a basis? that is starkly shallow.

Humans never knew how to grow flesh in the lab, now we do... Meats are being grown in the lab from one single cell, human flesh is being regrown instead of using plastic.

Gaps left by ignorance is never supposed to be filled by assumptions..

How can science explain how a simple pituitary gland controls the entire body without fail from birth till death. The pituitary gland is so amazing it know what your body needs, or even what you want to think or feel before hand..
Its so amazing yet it over secretes in some and results to Gigantism and under secretes in many and results to dwarfism..

I thought you claimed to be a scientist yet for one with such claim you sound very off the hook.. there is never a stipulated way of natural manifestation.

Please stop roping your ignorance of a premise as a basis to instigate correctness of an assumption.

how can science explain how the most complex machine known as the brain came into being from series of simple cell divisions.
it is quite simple, interactions of different and distinct simple cells results into a larger and complex result..

Look at it critically, and you will find that from the very simple to the very complex, even the strides of science are still small fragments of a much much bigger picture. Science is great but it is limited.
I wonder if you view science as some kind of knowledge fountain.

Science is study, if there is nothing unanswered will there be need to study?

Science is a method of systematic deduction through consistent study to reach a truthful approximation and never at any point asserts to have reached an absolute truth because it recognizes that there is no limit to what is to learn.

No offence meant but you don't sound to me like one scientifically inclined.

That's my take. As per my life's experiences, i would know better. I don't need to over-flog that. Burning of flesh? Lets be specific, we'r talkin animal flesh. None of all the numerous rites conducted during that foregone era are of any relevance in our time. A heartfelt prayer more than suffices.

I do not see how even in the least sense address the point..

something big enough to create the universe comes to a small rocky dot and is asking for the smell of burnt animals because it loves you.

None of you ever realize how ridiculous you all sound regurgitating such absurd savagery..

And if you look at it critically right from the start, GOD never got it wrong, Man did and always has. Tell a child not to touch a flame n you can bet he/she will.. n only learn from the burn that will follow. It's inherent. I wont bother going into the doctrines,

Not when there is no need to keep the flame there in the first place.. i do not need to even banter of such ridiculous myths here.. it is plain myth and has no sway of reality.

That you believe such stories by the jews (not even your own people) is your own cup of tea and a product of your own gullibility.

commandments, rites or comparative analysis of Old vs. New testament ish..none of that. There's a saying that if you dont stand for something, you fall for anything. My stand? I go about my daily bizniz whilst recognizing that force that flung the sun to burn in space,
But gravity is responsible for this, gravity is responsible for the sun you see, for the nuclear fusion that makes it burn not some humanoid and gravity is not a force sir but an effect due to space/time distortion. . . . So much for claiming to be a scientist.

that painted the night skies with stars,
And you keep woowing me with such absurd comment... the stars were not painted into the night sky but are visible because that part of the planet is facing away from the sun and so the distant light source can be visible.

Am sure you know this, "painting the night sky with stars" is a incredibly nonsensical statement and keeps making one wonder what it takes to claim scientist when ridiculous ancient beliefs still influence your thinking.

It is hugely disappointing.

that did not cause my stomach to be disintegrated by the same acid it produces. And he doesnt need me, nor my dad, or mum, or any future kids i might have to be GOD. He just IS. I KNOW i need him, i choose to believe he is the source of all i am and have, and all that i will be and will have.

And here lies that preposterous belief.. attributing unrelated events to some assumptive mythical humanoid that has anger issues somewhere..

Well everyone has the right to believe what ever they want or even to think the rain is because the Gods are pissing..

sharing this belief in public is when i challenge and refute it..
Re: Questioning The Implausibilities 2 (reason Over Faith) by johnydon22(m): 5:07pm On Feb 25, 2016
menesheh:
Questioning the implausibilities 2

On my way to kafanchan, will be back in a jiffy.
You are not back from Kafanchan yet angry

(1) (2) (Reply)

God Will Not Burn Anyone In A Fiery Hell For Eternity -femi Aribisala / Evolution And Christianity. Hold It Right There! / Angel Micheal Worships Jesus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 173
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.