Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,172 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:29 AM

What To Do About An Extremely Possessive Girl? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What To Do About An Extremely Possessive Girl? (3053 Views)

Have Your Ever Dated A Possessive Partner ? / My Friends Are Very Possessive - Suggestion Please / Are Nigerian Man Possessive? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What To Do About An Extremely Possessive Girl? by ugo2u(m): 6:26pm On Apr 19, 2009
What will you do if your girl is always on edge, always afraid that she'll lose you that she keeps tabs on you to the extent that if you don't call her for a day she will ask you why.?
Re: What To Do About An Extremely Possessive Girl? by iice(f): 6:41pm On Apr 19, 2009
When someone is used to something, they usually question when that thing is no more.
Re: What To Do About An Extremely Possessive Girl? by Sissy3(f): 7:41pm On Apr 19, 2009
iice:

When someone is used to something, they usually question when that thing is no more.

true

also it could be that she has had her heart broken before so she maybe afraid it might happen again undecided
Re: What To Do About An Extremely Possessive Girl? by follypimpi(m): 7:57pm On Apr 19, 2009
Tragic.
Re: What To Do About An Extremely Possessive Girl? by Czarskit(m): 8:12pm On Apr 19, 2009
~ Policeing? ~ I'll just play the thief ~
Re: What To Do About An Extremely Possessive Girl? by ugo2u(m): 8:58pm On Apr 19, 2009
What will you do in that position
Re: What To Do About An Extremely Possessive Girl? by ladybam(f): 11:34pm On Apr 19, 2009
ugo_2u:

she keeps tabs on you to the extent that if you don't call her for a day she will ask you why.?

y, in d first place,wont a man call him girlfriend 4 a whole day
Re: What To Do About An Extremely Possessive Girl? by Czarskit(m): 1:14am On Apr 20, 2009
~ Because he has nothing to tell her ~
Re: What To Do About An Extremely Possessive Girl? by Iranoladun(f): 9:44am On Apr 20, 2009
It means your girlfriend is insecure or she distrust you. If she's ok she won't be on 'edge' she'd rather call you if you did not call and won't be wondering about 'loosing' you. However if you have given her enough grounds to distrust you then she'd read meanings into every action/inaction by you.

Like I always preach; trust is the bedrock of every relationship without it the relationship cannot withstand the test of time! wink
Re: What To Do About An Extremely Possessive Girl? by Secretz(f): 9:58am On Apr 20, 2009
Trust and Communication (not necessarily by calling) are the foundation of any relationship,

I think she has some insecurities to be frank. It seems she simply has a fear that when you're not calling her you must not be 'interested' in her, it is also natural for anyone to be used to having something is always there or having some kind of consistency in when their man or woman communicates with them and then it stops, it feels all strange, hence allowing the fear and worry to set in.

That's why I believe people should never start something that in their heart they cannot finish/continue or be consistent with, Just reassure her that all is well, and explain that there are times you will/can be busy, and maybe you will send her an sms in replacement of a call. grin
Re: What To Do About An Extremely Possessive Girl? by izeek(m): 10:01am On Apr 20, 2009
sometimes i wonder what will besatisfactory for guys,
to have a girl who does not care,
or one thats cares and shows it.

i see guys who complain about both, and i wonder what we really want.
if i love my girl genuinely and she shows this amount of care,
i guess its okay by me.
Re: What To Do About An Extremely Possessive Girl? by temi4rea(f): 10:18am On Apr 20, 2009
Its just natural,

A person u see everyday in class or office even if u too dont talk its natural to ask if u realise the person is off for somedays.

Its a sign of showing concern and i wnt to believe everyman wnts that so wetin be the wahala now?
Re: What To Do About An Extremely Possessive Girl? by sparta(f): 10:27am On Apr 20, 2009
@ poster

Are you sure you dont have roving eyes? Most men give their babes cause to be on edge cos they have eyes that go shocked. Check yourself man.
Re: What To Do About An Extremely Possessive Girl? by ThoniaSlim(f): 10:28am On Apr 20, 2009
if its the other way round. . . i would get sick.
Re: What To Do About An Extremely Possessive Girl? by temi4rea(f): 10:30am On Apr 20, 2009
sparta:

@ poster

Are you sure you dont have roving eyes? Most men give their babes cause to be on edge cos they have eyes that go shocked. Check yourself man.

cheesy lol
Re: What To Do About An Extremely Possessive Girl? by Omolola1(f): 10:37am On Apr 20, 2009
@ poster

Why would u not call ur girl a whole day? Even if you dont have anything to say to her, at least call her to say hi or to just ask how she is faring, if you dont she would feel like you dont care for her anymore or insecured.

Besides, when u were toasting her, dont u call everyday, now wey she don be your own u no wan call abi grin
Re: What To Do About An Extremely Possessive Girl? by romsky: 11:47am On Apr 20, 2009
a man's world
Re: What To Do About An Extremely Possessive Girl? by Doyn1(m): 12:04pm On Apr 20, 2009
The only evident thing when this happen is that :

1- She's feeling you can get someone better than her( meaning she's not all that cute and weighing it you are better than her) because if your woman is really attractive and beautiful you will be the one playing the defence you will be worried someone better than you can take her away from you, I dont think there is any other answer to this than what I just said, Its simple
Re: What To Do About An Extremely Possessive Girl? by whitesturd(f): 12:08pm On Apr 20, 2009
Doyn1 is right though but come to think of it,no matter how cute,beautiful a girl is.she would still be possesive over her guy.that is just the nature of we ladies. wink
Re: What To Do About An Extremely Possessive Girl? by Tonyet1(m): 12:18pm On Apr 20, 2009
but i think its fine for a lady to act that way most espeocially if she's BEAUTIFUL men i just feel like soaring when she calls

but if she's an ogre men hell no, i feel like subliming when they call grin grin

so @poster, pls specify which category that chic falls

(1) (Reply)

Bb And Virgins / Do All Girls/ladies Have Boyfriends? / ....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.