Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,768 members, 7,809,958 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:49 PM

Only A Genius Can Interpret This (photo) - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Only A Genius Can Interpret This (photo) (67941 Views)

Only A Genius Can Crack The Code(pics) / Ever Had A Classmate That Cheated Like This? (Photo) / A Dozen Words That Even The Most Educated Nigerians Use Or Interpret Wrongly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Only A Genius Can Interpret This (photo) by adanny01(m): 5:13pm On Oct 01, 2015
Exploit200:
It takes 225 Earth days or 7 1/5 months for Venus to
make a complete orbit around the sun (that\'s 1 Venus
year). However, it takes 243 Earth days for Venus to spin
around its own axis (1 Venus day).
Therefore: 1 Venus year=225 Earth days and 1 Venus
day=243 Earth days.
Meaning that

If we lived on Venus, a day would be strange indeed.
Venus rotates on its axis the opposite direction of the
Earth. This means that on Venus, the Sun rises in the west
and sets in the east! And it is a very long day, equal to 243
Earth days!
Stranger still is the fact that a day on Venus is longer
than a year! It's orbital period around the Sun is only 225
days. According to the Venusian calendar, WW II ended
only 56 days ago!
Venus is one of only two planets that rotate the opposite
direction, called retrograde motion. There are several
theories why Venus rotates this way. Both involve collision
in Venus' past that altered the rotation of the planet.

Very good combination of facts.

It means the Sun rises from the west and sets on the east but it takes 122.5 days in between sun rise and sunset from any point on Venus. Just like a morning ti evening which is just 12hrs in earth but 122.5 days on Venus. Wow
Re: Only A Genius Can Interpret This (photo) by Nuhusky: 5:15pm On Oct 01, 2015
It takes 225 Earth days or 7 1/5 months for Venus to make a complete orbit around the sun (that's 1 Venus year). However, it takes 243 Earth days for Venus to spin around its own axis (1 Venus day). Therefore: 1 Venus year=225 Earth days and 1 Venus day=243 Earth days.
Re: Only A Genius Can Interpret This (photo) by acute: 5:16pm On Oct 01, 2015
[size=16pt]It takes a longer time for Venus to rotate round about its own axis than it takes for it to revolve round the sun. [/size]

Make una leave story abeg

1 Like

Re: Only A Genius Can Interpret This (photo) by adanny01(m): 5:18pm On Oct 01, 2015
macfriet:
It's simply an error. I guess they meant to say that 'a day on venus lasts longer than a year on earth'

I thought so earlier but the facts says its true.
Re: Only A Genius Can Interpret This (photo) by mrklock(m): 5:29pm On Oct 01, 2015
INTROVERT:

Venus spins backwards compared to most of the other planets. It spins or rotates in the opposite direction that Earth rotates. This means that on Venus the Sun rises in the west and sets in the east. On Earth the Sun rises in the east and sets in the west.

BE EDUCATED OKAY... grin
i never liked you more than i do today

1 Like

Re: Only A Genius Can Interpret This (photo) by pascal2young(m): 5:34pm On Oct 01, 2015
i don't know this stuff but why compare earth 's days with venus when we are discussing VENUS
Re: Only A Genius Can Interpret This (photo) by Nobody: 5:36pm On Oct 01, 2015
Interesting
And the planet is freaking hot
Re: Only A Genius Can Interpret This (photo) by Autopin: 5:55pm On Oct 01, 2015
mohemos:
This is not an error, it is correct.
It seemly means Venus has no 'nights' I studied Astronomy in sec school
Re: Only A Genius Can Interpret This (photo) by krypton: 5:56pm On Oct 01, 2015
I think the key word is LAST LONGER, which makes me feel that the venus the OP is talking about may not be the planet but ............., just saying cheesy
Re: Only A Genius Can Interpret This (photo) by ewizard1: 5:56pm On Oct 01, 2015
Anyone been to VENUS before?
Re: Only A Genius Can Interpret This (photo) by acerr(m): 5:59pm On Oct 01, 2015
mohemos:
there is no day nor night on Venus it does not revolves on it axises
Re: Only A Genius Can Interpret This (photo) by richie9093(m): 6:01pm On Oct 01, 2015
INTROVERT:
Venus rotates backwards

Nope. The axial tilt of venus is 3 degrees, this together with the gravitational tidal forces locks the planet down that it looks like its not spinning at all. Scientists have claimed That in about 50 million years Venus will stop spinning meaning one part will be facing the sun and the other side will be facing darkness

A Venusian year lasts 225 earth days while a venusian day takes 243 earth days.

Beside the picture in the topic looks more like Mars than Venus because its reddish in colour.

I hope you've learnt something today, class.

1 Like

Re: Only A Genius Can Interpret This (photo) by jomoh: 6:02pm On Oct 01, 2015
mowah:
The venus is closer to the sun than the earth so it would experience more gravitational force than the earth even though it's mass is quite lesser than that of the earth , so the centripetal force of the venus would be more than that of the earth because of the square distance factor , leading to a higher revolutionary velocity which can be interpreted into a short year, but due to the relatively large radius of venus compared to that of the orbit , According to the popular equation wr=v, the angular velocity of venus would be very small relatively to the revolutionary velocity, infact smaller than the revolutionary velocity which leads to a longer day than year. grin

Really, I thought mars is the closest to the sun while venus is quite far from the sun.

Don't know just my secondary school geography.

*Modified*
Just googled it. Its actually the second planet. Am forgetting my geography already.

But I will like to know the speed st which it moves on its orbit round the sun.
Re: Only A Genius Can Interpret This (photo) by beyoncausme: 6:03pm On Oct 01, 2015
says whooo....
Re: Only A Genius Can Interpret This (photo) by acerr(m): 6:03pm On Oct 01, 2015
mohemos:
It takes 243 Earth days to rotate once on its axis. The planet’s orbit around the Sun takes 225 Earth days, compared to the Earth’s 365.
Re: Only A Genius Can Interpret This (photo) by HireKiller(m): 6:04pm On Oct 01, 2015
acute:
[size=16pt]It takes a longer time for Venus to rotate round about its own axis than it takes for it to revolve round the sun. [/size]

Make una leave story abeg

I tire O.

A day on venus last longer than a year on venus, simply means:
Venus rotating around it's axis last longer than venus rotating around the sun.

The numbers will just confuse most people you are interpreting the fact to.

1 Like

Re: Only A Genius Can Interpret This (photo) by acerr(m): 6:05pm On Oct 01, 2015
mohemos:
that is not venus
Re: Only A Genius Can Interpret This (photo) by richie9093(m): 6:05pm On Oct 01, 2015
shokky24:
Interesting And the planet is freaking hot
Like you, baby. Like you wink
Re: Only A Genius Can Interpret This (photo) by MrCork: 6:08pm On Oct 01, 2015
mohemos:

angry

1 Like

Re: Only A Genius Can Interpret This (photo) by seangy4konji: 6:08pm On Oct 01, 2015
this guy...you no just get any sense at all...You soppose shame and they use your normal male moniker...
INTROVERT:
Venus rotates backwards
Re: Only A Genius Can Interpret This (photo) by seangy4konji: 6:09pm On Oct 01, 2015
Oya oga google...make we learn about venus.
Re: Only A Genius Can Interpret This (photo) by MrCork: 6:09pm On Oct 01, 2015
mohemos:

...bro..what has mars gots to do wit chasin womens on nairaland? angry

1 Like

Re: Only A Genius Can Interpret This (photo) by raphok1(m): 6:17pm On Oct 01, 2015
mowah:
The venus is closer to the sun than the earth so it would experience more gravitational force than the earth even though it's mass is quite lesser than that of the earth , so the centripetal force of the venus would be more than that of the earth because of the square distance factor , leading to a higher revolutionary velocity which can be interpreted into a short year, but due to the relatively large radius of venus compared to that of the orbit , According to the popular equation wr=v, the angular velocity of venus would be very small relatively to the revolutionary velocity, infact smaller than the revolutionary velocity which leads to a longer day than year. grin

if this ur contribution is true, u must be insinuating that MECURY which is the closest planet to the sun has a day that by far longer than its year, in comparison to that of venun. ( even though it doesent rotate backwards. please i need this answer

1 Like

Re: Only A Genius Can Interpret This (photo) by ollins(m): 6:17pm On Oct 01, 2015
wow.JEHOVAH IS GREAT
Re: Only A Genius Can Interpret This (photo) by hollowpot15684(m): 6:22pm On Oct 01, 2015
Before venus complete a rotation on its axis, it would have make a complete revolution round the sun.
Re: Only A Genius Can Interpret This (photo) by portable23: 6:26pm On Oct 01, 2015
Olodo like u try learn abeg
MoltenMagma:
The image on the photo looks like Scotch egg. I thought they were asking to interpret scotch egg undecided
Re: Only A Genius Can Interpret This (photo) by nwadiuko1(m): 6:33pm On Oct 01, 2015
Wetin concern me
Re: Only A Genius Can Interpret This (photo) by Rachaelfrancis(f): 6:34pm On Oct 01, 2015
no be kpofkpof b dis?
Re: Only A Genius Can Interpret This (photo) by Situation001(m): 6:37pm On Oct 01, 2015
It takes 225 Earth days or 7 1/5 months for Venus to
make a complete orbit around the sun (that\'s 1
Venus year). However, it takes 243 Earth days for
Venus to spin around its own axis (1 Venus day). Therefore: 1 Venus year=225 Earth days and 1 Venus
day=243 Earth days.
Re: Only A Genius Can Interpret This (photo) by Fxwarrior: 6:37pm On Oct 01, 2015
How does this affect the price of koko garri in the market?
Re: Only A Genius Can Interpret This (photo) by sage2(m): 6:49pm On Oct 01, 2015
CUMPOLICE01:
and wif yu level of education.... Does dat answer op's ques.. .... Also does that make its 1day= earth's 1year.... Y'all are dumb

[size=23pt]ANSWER[/size]

It takes 225 Earth days or 7 1/5 months for Venus to make a complete orbit around the sun (that\'s 1 Venus year). However, it takes 243 Earth days for Venus to spin around its own axis (1 Venus day).

Therefore: 1 Venus year=225 Earth days and 1 Venus day=243 Earth days.

Her answer may not be right but what she said is a fact about Venus. You answer is plagiarism at its best. You totally gave out yourself.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Malachy Chizoba: Student Sleeps In His Matriculation Gown, Cooks With It / Stop Saying “how Was Your Night”, Here’s What To Say Instead / 'Why Amala Needs To Be Banned' - Coventry Student Makes Presentation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.