Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,749 members, 7,809,866 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:19 PM

Nigerian Gay Activists Protest, Ask Buhari To Repeal Nigeria's Antigay Law (Pics - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Gay Activists Protest, Ask Buhari To Repeal Nigeria's Antigay Law (Pics (44219 Views)

Osinbajo, Emefiele, Adeosun, Dangote At Burial Of Adesina's Father-in-law (Pics) / Niger Delta Activists Protest The Siting Of A $1.5 Billion Dry Dock In Lagos / Govs Ask Buhari To Share $1.6bn From NLNG Tax (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Gay Activists Protest, Ask Buhari To Repeal Nigeria's Antigay Law (Pics by evaristus22(m): 9:35am On Oct 01, 2015
I mean,, with all we are facing in this country,,na anoda man yansh de giv una joy Una for try am here for Nigeria... Rubbish #inbuharivoice#

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Gay Activists Protest, Ask Buhari To Repeal Nigeria's Antigay Law (Pics by Benoxvals(m): 9:36am On Oct 01, 2015
I can't believe this homos..if our parents back in the good old days engaged in this gay taboo then we would have been all messed up in the head by now...maybe the end is really near.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Gay Activists Protest, Ask Buhari To Repeal Nigeria's Antigay Law (Pics by igorekpengmail: 9:36am On Oct 01, 2015
Kai,
Where is Lai Moh'd, is APC not in charge anymore?
I dey go Bama
Re: Nigerian Gay Activists Protest, Ask Buhari To Repeal Nigeria's Antigay Law (Pics by ilyas26(m): 9:37am On Oct 01, 2015
Dirty shit smelling pigs
Re: Nigerian Gay Activists Protest, Ask Buhari To Repeal Nigeria's Antigay Law (Pics by Nobody: 9:39am On Oct 01, 2015
FlirtyKaren:
This happened in London yesterday. Scores of Nigerian gay activists living in London stormed the Nigerian High Commission to pass on to President Buhari and government the over 65,000 signatures they were able to gather demanding that Nigeria repeals its 'archaic' anti-gay law.

According to them, Nigeria has one of the harshest anti-gay laws out of the 76 countries that currently criminalise LGBTI people. The Same Sex Marriage Prohibition Bill punishes same-sex “amorous relationships” with 10 years in prison. It also prohibits same-sex marriage with up to 14 years and jails members of LGBTI equality or advocacy groups for 10 years.

The author of the Care2 Petition, Aderonke Apata (lady pictured below), said:

“Since the insidious 2014 anti-LGBTI law was passed in Nigeria, there have been waves of police arrests and torture, anti-LGBTI mob attacks, public whippings, evictions from homes, harassment and discrimination against ‘suspected’ LGBTIs. Equality advocacy organisations and activists in Nigeria are not spared mistreatment.

“Growing up in Nigeria, I was unable to disclose my sexuality, yet unable to hide it. The culture in Nigeria makes it clear that being gay or transgender is a sin, a sentiment that is fuelled by homophobic messages from faith communities, political leaders, families, and schools. I took these messages in, identified with them, and carried the shame of being a lesbian woman in Nigeria. I was arrested, tortured and extorted by the Nigerian Police. I demand a repeal of this toxic law.”

Pictured above is Rev. Jide Macaulay, Nigeria's first openly gay preacher and the founder of House of Rainbow Fellowship, a secret gay church in Lagos at the rally. See more pics below:

http://www.lailasblog.com/2015/10/nigerian-gay-activists-protest-ask.html

Good job folks, you have my full support.

There is no room to isolate any group of Nigerians.

I wish you the best success and the insane bill will of course be abolished, it's just a matter of time. Let Buhari experience how welcoming the West can be and then in a year or two let him also experience how the west can shut him completely out if he doesn't tow the line and be progressive.

"Eyin ti aja nfi ba omo e sere, oun na lo fi nbuje".

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Gay Activists Protest, Ask Buhari To Repeal Nigeria's Antigay Law (Pics by demolinka(m): 9:39am On Oct 01, 2015
But why man no go like t.oto and brea$t? why? is there any scientific explanation
Re: Nigerian Gay Activists Protest, Ask Buhari To Repeal Nigeria's Antigay Law (Pics by flokii: 9:40am On Oct 01, 2015
how will a man bleep his fellow man and feel comfortable about it wen those with nice curves and wet warm holee that feels like heaven are there..

Extinction things..
Re: Nigerian Gay Activists Protest, Ask Buhari To Repeal Nigeria's Antigay Law (Pics by firstjoe(m): 9:43am On Oct 01, 2015
E ti ya werey undecided undecided undecided
Re: Nigerian Gay Activists Protest, Ask Buhari To Repeal Nigeria's Antigay Law (Pics by elcee1: 9:44am On Oct 01, 2015
Look @them, not even ashamed...i strongly believe that most of them are wearing PAMPERS
Re: Nigerian Gay Activists Protest, Ask Buhari To Repeal Nigeria's Antigay Law (Pics by IceDude(m): 9:44am On Oct 01, 2015
I wonder the kain brain these people get sef, i cant imagine myself bang!ng a fellow guyz as*hole when juicy toto is available. Tufiakwa!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Gay Activists Protest, Ask Buhari To Repeal Nigeria's Antigay Law (Pics by mranova(m): 9:46am On Oct 01, 2015
Why didn't they come and do the protest in Nigeria? Bunch of confused people.
Re: Nigerian Gay Activists Protest, Ask Buhari To Repeal Nigeria's Antigay Law (Pics by Gamesmart: 9:46am On Oct 01, 2015
EgunMogaji:

I wish you the best success and the insane bill will of course be abolished, it's just a matter of time. Let Buhari experience how welcoming the West can be and then in a year or two let him also experience how the west can shut him completely out if he doesn't tow the line and be progressive.

Keep dreaming and keep hoping. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

You go wait tire!

You think Nigeria is a country the West can ignore or want to ignore merely because of homopoofs? grin

Abolish ko, foololish ni.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Gay Activists Protest, Ask Buhari To Repeal Nigeria's Antigay Law (Pics by omojeesu(m): 9:49am On Oct 01, 2015
Please gay people keep your life indoors.
God created male and female.
Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve!
He made phallus for the va.gi.na not the an.us!
Biology is against you.
Chemistry is against you: cations and anions interact.
Physics is against you: unlike forces attract. like forces repels.
Statistics and concept of 'normal range' are against you. You are 'outliers', fringe and extreme.
The word of God condemns what you practice, though God loves you and wants you to come to your senses in repentance.
Your learned behaviour is antiSocial and antiGod.
Please, leave us alone in Nigeria to focus on how to get ourselves out of the mess we have inflicted on ourselves!

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Gay Activists Protest, Ask Buhari To Repeal Nigeria's Antigay Law (Pics by omojeesu(m): 9:52am On Oct 01, 2015
demolinka:
But why man no go like t.oto and brea$t? why? is there any scientific explanation

No scientific proof. What you have are magomago proofs!
Re: Nigerian Gay Activists Protest, Ask Buhari To Repeal Nigeria's Antigay Law (Pics by Truckpusher(m): 9:53am On Oct 01, 2015
Democracy comes with a lot of freedom of expression that will stun anyone however it is important for us to understand that these people are humans and have expressed themselves this way and that should be taken into account .

Until we respect minorities in their own rights we will never go nowhere in as much as it might sound repulsive but who are we to judge others over their sexual preferences ?
If we base our morality on religious ground then I think it is important to let God do his job and not humans.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Gay Activists Protest, Ask Buhari To Repeal Nigeria's Antigay Law (Pics by tolexy007(m): 9:53am On Oct 01, 2015
awon were....
Re: Nigerian Gay Activists Protest, Ask Buhari To Repeal Nigeria's Antigay Law (Pics by demolinka(m): 9:55am On Oct 01, 2015
omojeesu:

No scientific proof. What you have are magomago proofs!
gaddemit!
Re: Nigerian Gay Activists Protest, Ask Buhari To Repeal Nigeria's Antigay Law (Pics by chukkiephil(m): 9:56am On Oct 01, 2015
Ka chukwu okike abia ma kpu unu oku! !! angry
Re: Nigerian Gay Activists Protest, Ask Buhari To Repeal Nigeria's Antigay Law (Pics by lilmax(m): 9:56am On Oct 01, 2015
Beremx:
Dem for come Naija come do the protest na.

Ndi ara!
grin
Re: Nigerian Gay Activists Protest, Ask Buhari To Repeal Nigeria's Antigay Law (Pics by charlesucheh(m): 9:57am On Oct 01, 2015
PMB should call SHEKAU for a Tete a tete,
Tell him to Program a RPG rocket launcher for 65,000 people and make sure that those activist are well responded to. NON-ENTITIES...

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Gay Activists Protest, Ask Buhari To Repeal Nigeria's Antigay Law (Pics by osamaBUSH(m): 9:59am On Oct 01, 2015
BALLOSKI:
Duk zakuci ubanku duka. Yan burauba kowai.

You gays can go to hell.
Bar shegu masiyata, yan malafan uba
Re: Nigerian Gay Activists Protest, Ask Buhari To Repeal Nigeria's Antigay Law (Pics by omojeesu(m): 9:59am On Oct 01, 2015
Benoxvals:
I can't believe this homos..if our parents back in the good old days engaged in this gay taboo then we would have been all messed up in the head by now...maybe the end is really near.

It is not 'may be'. The end is here. Yes, at the very door. We are back in the days of Sodom. Remember homo.protesters also came to Lot's house. They demanded Lot to hand over his male visitors for ss.ee.xx. They refused his offer to release his daughters instead. So it is today!

Jesus is Lord!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Gay Activists Protest, Ask Buhari To Repeal Nigeria's Antigay Law (Pics by Nobody: 10:00am On Oct 01, 2015
See fools.... angry
Re: Nigerian Gay Activists Protest, Ask Buhari To Repeal Nigeria's Antigay Law (Pics by femaks(m): 10:06am On Oct 01, 2015
tartarus:

So anyone that supports the LGBT is automatically a homosexual?
..use ur brain, my man!
Re: Nigerian Gay Activists Protest, Ask Buhari To Repeal Nigeria's Antigay Law (Pics by Revolver411(m): 10:06am On Oct 01, 2015
Manhoes angryManhoes
Re: Nigerian Gay Activists Protest, Ask Buhari To Repeal Nigeria's Antigay Law (Pics by omojeesu(m): 10:08am On Oct 01, 2015
Truckpusher:
Democracy comes with a lot of freedom of expression that will stun anyone however it is important for us to understand that these people are humans and have expressed themselves this way and that should be taken into account .

Until we respect minorities in their own rights we will never go nowhere in as much as it might sound repulsive but who are we to judge others over their sexual preferences ?
If we base our morality on religious ground then I think it is important to let God do his job and not humans.
-------
Please gay people keep your life indoors.
God created male and female.
Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve!
He made phallus for the va.gi.na not the an.us!
Biology is against you.
Chemistry is against you: cations and anions interact.
Physics is against you: unlike forces attract. like forces repels.
Statistics and concept of 'normal range' are against you. You are 'outliers', fringe and extreme.
The word of God condemns what you practice, though God loves you and wants you to come to your senses in repentance.
Your learned behaviour is antiSocial and antiGod.
Please, leave us alone in Nigeria to focus on how to get ourselves out of the mess we have inflicted on ourselves!
-------
NO ONE DISTURBS GAYS FROM ENGAGING IN THEIR SEXUAL PREFERENCE. BUT SOCIETY SAYS SAME SEX MARRIAGE HERE IS AGAINST THE LAW.
FREEDOM IS NOT LINCENCE FOR UNACCEPTABLE SOCIAL BEHAVIOUR.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Gay Activists Protest, Ask Buhari To Repeal Nigeria's Antigay Law (Pics by sabi99(m): 10:09am On Oct 01, 2015
Lord let ur mercy which has never failed to embrace even the hardest of sinners come down on them and on the whole world............pray 4 dem please....that'd be the only way out

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Gay Activists Protest, Ask Buhari To Repeal Nigeria's Antigay Law (Pics by BuddhaPalm(m): 10:11am On Oct 01, 2015
joseph1832:
I find it funny that this same gays will rain fire and brimstone when a man marries a 15 year old girl and shout 'child abuse' but applaud and give consent when a man marries a man or a woman marries a woman, or when a man decides that he wants to be a woman or whatever twisted sh1t they come up with.

A 15-year old is a minor, and legally incapable of 'consenting'...

Look for a better example.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Gay Activists Protest, Ask Buhari To Repeal Nigeria's Antigay Law (Pics by femaks(m): 10:12am On Oct 01, 2015
EgunMogaji:

....Na ur tribe full there dey disgrace us naa...U re a potential suspect as I dey observe u!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Gay Activists Protest, Ask Buhari To Repeal Nigeria's Antigay Law (Pics by Charly68: 10:12am On Oct 01, 2015
These men and women are lost already we need to intercede for them. They should go for deliverance instead of engaging themselves in public opprobrium.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Gay Activists Protest, Ask Buhari To Repeal Nigeria's Antigay Law (Pics by femaks(m): 10:15am On Oct 01, 2015
lurther:
Which Nigerian tribe full Londan again sef. I have forgotten ooo.

Someone please remind me again oooo.
..just here to check names..name checkers association
Re: Nigerian Gay Activists Protest, Ask Buhari To Repeal Nigeria's Antigay Law (Pics by dantewest: 10:15am On Oct 01, 2015
Buhari's supporters will do anything to make it look like Buhari is faultless, stainless, all knowing, saint, purer than saints, holier than holy, cleanest, sanest, most hardworking, and most sincere man in Nigeria. Non is holier or better than Buhari.

That is just sad, cos Buhari is definitely not who the media propaganda paint him to be.

Although, there has been light so far. I just pray the Nation won't be misruled as we have always been.

And for those shouting Wailing wailers at anyone who questions Buhari, those people are the most dangerous people to give any sorts of relevance to.

Instead of them to argue with sense and fact, they resort to silly abuses and name calling. That is simply immature, brutal and wicked.

The term wailing wailer is used to discredit any other point of view that any legitimate Nigerian have. I see it as a wicked type of censorship, attacking the sub consciousness of anyone who doesnt fall in line with the party's point of view.

Grab a book, not just any book. Read 1984 by George Orwell. Read it and gain insights to how the government is not to be trusted, especially in this modern age.

Be wise.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

'Mr. Health Minister, Are You Mad?' - Lere Olayinka Asks Adewole / Rivers Bye-Election: Returning Officer Declares APC Winner, INEC Suspends It / Buhari Approves Appointment Of 6 New Perm Secs (Full List)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.